Author Topic: [IC] KAM Jade - Benefiting JoinJade  (Read 9019 times)

Offline HoodrowThrillson

[IC] KAM Jade - Benefiting JoinJade
« on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 09:14:48 »
KAM Jade
Benefiting JoinJade
Collaboration between HoodrowThrillson and OneCreativeMind

Satisfaction 75 by Cannonkeys with KAM Jade

Benefiting JoinJade?
Yup, 25% of our portion of proceeds will be donated to JoinJade.
JoinJade is a global campaign to fight stigma, end transmission, and eliminate deaths associated with hepatitis B.
Learn more about JoinJade here.

Vendors
NA: TBD
EU: TBD
ASIA: TBD
OCE: TBD

Pricing
TBD

Kits

[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline HoodrowThrillson

Re: [IC] KAM Jade - Benefiting JoinJade
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 09:20:36 »
So I guess I'll expand a little bit for KAM Jade.

I've always wanted to run a set that utilizes the shininess of KAM (now possible to do KAT as shiny, but at the time it was not an option) and I was watching Huang's World. Then it hit me. Eddie Huang wears a jade necklace where the jade piece is a poop (just watch an episode) and the shine of jade matched what the shininess of KAM was capable of.

I'm also posting this from Taiwan, where I'm currently on vacation, and I had the opportunity to visit the National Palace Museum. There, I had a chance to view countless pieces of jade as well as the famous jade cabbage. Yes, a piece of jade that resembles cabbage (google it).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, but I personally will probably not be able to respond till I get home from my trip in a few days.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2019, 09:25:30 by HoodrowThrillson »
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline zakatak

• no cash
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 09:38:46 »
i guess its different enough to KAT Lucky Jade

Offline stoffelduss

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 09:44:24 »
It's possible to do KAT in shiny?

Personally I'm much more interested in KAT Lucky Jade, and I hope it comes to GB before this.

Offline meatsmoothies

• howdy!
    • portfolio / store
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 09:45:24 »
super excited for this! love uniform profile and the color y'all picked for this set, can we hope for cabbage novelty?

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 09:48:01 »
i guess its different enough to KAT Lucky Jade

Something something nobody owns colors something something

It's an entirely different profile

Offline ocm

• Formerly OneCreativeMind
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 09:48:48 »

Personally I'm much more interested in KAT Lucky Jade, and I hope it comes to GB before this.

The modified tooling for shiny KAT profile keysets is supposedly coming "SOON". Should open up a lot of cool options.

And Lucky Jade is great! We felt like this served a different group of people in the market (those who prefer uniform profile) and hits on a different aesthetic than Hisui's set :) Can't speak to our and Hisui's timelines though, especially since this is still pretty early on in its development.

Offline ocm

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 09:51:03 »
super excited for this! love uniform profile and the color y'all picked for this set, can we hope for cabbage novelty?

You bet your sweet, sweet cabbages you can.

Offline stoffelduss

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 09:58:37 »

The modified tooling for shiny KAT profile keysets is supposedly coming "SOON". Should open up a lot of cool options.

And Lucky Jade is great! We felt like this served a different group of people in the market (those who prefer uniform profile) and hits on a different aesthetic than Hisui's set :) Can't speak to our and Hisui's timelines though, especially since this is still pretty early on in its development.
Well I'm not exactly uninterested in uniform profile sets with a homing keys kit. But I personally just prefer text mods, and I don't like this sort of mod kit arrangement which is frustratingly expensive for the type of keyboards I have (HHKB style: Need base mods for just tab, esc and enter. 65% whitefox style: Need exotic mods just for 1.75u shift, 1.5u backspace and maybe 1u fn.)

Offline stoffelduss

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 10:03:38 »
oh yeah the base mods are missing tab, and the exotic mods have an extra 2.75u key that might have been unintentional as well since I can't think of a use.

Offline ocm

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 10:06:13 »
oh yeah the base mods are missing tab, and the exotic mods have an extra 2.75u key that might have been unintentional as well since I can't think of a use.

I am a small brain and forgot the tab key in the base kit  :-X
I'll get that fixed lol

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 10:10:59 »
s h i n e y
Looks really good, will be following!

Offline meatsmoothies

• howdy!
    • portfolio / store
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 11:46:39 »

You bet your sweet, sweet cabbages you can.

thank you based god  ;D

Offline icariin

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 12:09:27 »
Yea but You probably don’t understand how long it took me to arrive at the point im at right now, and you’re here showing the exact same thing... BIG YIKES

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 13:44:07 »
Yea but You probably don’t understand how long it took me to arrive at the point im at right now, and you’re here showing the exact same thing... BIG YIKES

What is this in reference to?

Offline Tyson

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 14:00:19 »

What is this in reference to?

This is in reference to Enjoy's frustrating comments over how SA Leviathan looked similar to his set GMK Wavez. Enjoy's comment was: "I mean not really, you can’t say you worked on this set while you didnt even check the first’reddit’page of IC. This is probably the worst way to justify your IC, and the worst to appologize doing such a poor job before working for « the set ». The more you talk, the more Im mad.

You probably don’t understand how long it took me to arrive at the point im at right now, and you’re here showing the exact same thing... BIG YIKES buddy."

Here is the full discussion on the topic.

Pretty much has nothing to do with this keyset discussion though, not too sure why he quoted that.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2019, 14:05:40 by Tyson »

Offline Aiwanei

• ThocKeys.com
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 14:50:22 »
Can you explain more how you came to decide to support this non-profit (it does not appear to be a charity, but a non-profit, which is fine)?  Details on what they do with their money seems thin, I can't tell if it is just an awareness organization (similar to Save Darfur which didn't do anything to directly help people affected by the genocide, and just made people "aware" of the crisis) or if they are doing anything more than that like help pay for treatments or vaccine clinics, etc. and since it isn't a 501c3 (from what I can find) details on how they spend money does not appear to be public, and their website is lacking on details.  It sounds like they have a good goal, and it is tied to Stanford so it does seem like a good organization, I just would like to know what this donation is actually going to do, and why you chose it.
ThocKeys.com

Offline Pluto19

• All who break the taboo will be eliminated.
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 15:20:58 »
Extra minus in Numpad, ISO, and Homing kit.

Also, what's with the deal with the differences between the two alpha kits' alignment? What was the idea in decision making for the grave and the pipe keys staying centered?

Offline Helpingly

• Hiya! I'm Helpingly
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 15:47:28 »
Love the color, indifferent about the profile.

Guess I found my first KAM set.

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 06:48:53 »
Can you explain more how you came to decide to support this non-profit (it does not appear to be a charity, but a non-profit, which is fine)?  Details on what they do with their money seems thin, I can't tell if it is just an awareness organization (similar to Save Darfur which didn't do anything to directly help people affected by the genocide, and just made people "aware" of the crisis) or if they are doing anything more than that like help pay for treatments or vaccine clinics, etc. and since it isn't a 501c3 (from what I can find) details on how they spend money does not appear to be public, and their website is lacking on details.  It sounds like they have a good goal, and it is tied to Stanford so it does seem like a good organization, I just would like to know what this donation is actually going to do, and why you chose it.
JoinJade, previously known as Jade Ribbon Campaign, is a non-profit that I have worked with in the past and are affiliated with Stanford. Although I am not a resident of California (where they are based), I know they have done outreach events in the past to bring awareness to hep B.

Please let me know if you have any issues (we talked briefly about this over in the Top Clack discord).
Also, what's with the deal with the differences between the two alpha kits' alignment? What was the idea in decision making for the grave and the pipe keys staying centered?
OCM's brain was a little smooth that day.

We are working to make changes and updates to the kits but they may take longer as it is closer to the holiday season.

If anyone has any more suggestion on kitting, please let me know.

Addressing the KAT Lucky Jade vs KAM Jade (they're the same!) thing that we already knew would happen:
Rensuya (Hisui's SO) and I spitball ideas off each other every so often and KAM Jade was actually one that was spitballed to him. He let me know that Hisui was working on KAT Lucky Jade and (yes, I know, Rensuya does not speak on behalf of Hisui) he gave us his blessing on the basis of 1) different profile 2) different source of inspiration (Jade the name vs jade the object).

Offline stoffelduss

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 06:56:37 »
Addressing the KAT Lucky Jade vs KAM Jade (they're the same!) thing that we already knew would happen:
Rensuya (Hisui's SO) and I spitball ideas off each other every so often and KAM Jade was actually one that was spitballed to him. He let me know that Hisui was working on KAT Lucky Jade and (yes, I know, Rensuya does not speak on behalf of Hisui) he gave us his blessing on the basis of 1) different profile 2) different source of inspiration (Jade the name vs jade the object).
Have you asked him what he thinks about both sets having chinese guardian lion keys flanking the spacebar? lol

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 07:32:37 »
Have you asked him what he thinks about both sets having chinese guardian lion keys flanking the spacebar? lol
I didn't realize that Lucky Jade had lions, I'll double check with Hisui to see if that's okay.

Offline MarbleKeeb

• Bring Marble to Keyboards
    • MarbleK Website
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 10:18:12 »
Oh nice keycaps set  :) It would fit really well with one of my green marble wrist rest (or maybe case one day)  :p

I didn't realize that Lucky Jade had lions, I'll double check with Hisui to see if that's okay.

Couple of lions made of Jades are quite common in Chinese culture. And I don't say that because I have a set on my desk right now..  :eek:

Offline GEIST

• schwarzgrau
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 15 May 2020, 07:34:15 »
So simple and beautiful. Definitely in.

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 15 May 2020, 09:28:33 »
Hey hoodrow, see you still going to run this project? Even though you’re also running Jadeite?

Offline BapoDonu

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 15 May 2020, 10:00:39 »
Love the set  but the novelties got my ocd triggered. )

Offline NICOTINE

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 15 May 2020, 10:33:59 »
Hey hoodrow, see you still going to run this project? Even though you’re also running Jadeite?

Another beautiful set Hoodrow, very interested but I also had a question regarding SA Jadeite. Are you still going forward with that set? Loved that as well and both are definitely on my watched list!

Offline vaf1en

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 15 May 2020, 10:55:21 »
I would be interested in this, more so than the (newer) IC for the cabbage edition.

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #28 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 09:22:41 »
Oh hey it's another green keycap set  :)

Oh hey look! Thrillson is apart of this!  :D

*Anthixious is now watching*

Offline ryukomatoi

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 16:08:17 »
Not really into colors but this one sticks out nicely. Interested.