Author Topic: [IC] Phase (60% Keyboard) | Prototype #1 Order Placed!  (Read 7870 times)

Offline Ustinj

[IC] Phase (60% Keyboard) | Prototype #1 Order Placed!
« on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 01:24:52 »
Here goes  ! Thanks to shannie, dandruff, telly, r4wromg, Keebs, westfoxtrot / Max for inspiration, snurrebassen for support and giving me the GL, hineybush (used h60 here), and ai03 for his documentation.

Phase 60% Keyboard Interest Check

I identified what I had to be a problem - the constant desire to own "something special" continued to grow, and blind my mechanical keyboard decision-making. It dawned on me that no matter what board pops up in group-buy, or shows up on Mechmarket, there would probably be no replacement for one I design for myself. I haven't picked up Blender renders yet so for now you will see renders straight from Fusion360.

The Goal

There have been a select handful of boards I've had briefly in the past year that have totally gripped me in some fields but left me longing in others. I wanted to make a board that could be a soft blend of the following:

- Curves
- A lovely and elegant side profile
- Large, softened chamfers
- Dancing on the border between "over the top" and "clean and simple"
- Bottom weight
- Not a stiff typing experience
- My own

I decided to roll with an engraving of moon phases, as well as title the board after the word "Phase". The reasoning behind this was that I have spent many years in different hobbies, and my interest for each one dwindles as I move on to another. It is bittersweet in saying that just like other hobbies, there is a good chance that this is just a phase. Also, there is a moon painting on the wall of my childhood bedroom that, for some reason, I make note of - it is more than just hobbies that become phases.

The Design & My Reasoning

More

Side profile. The goal was to have a side-profile that strayed away from the more 'boxy', industrial, and synthetic shape. I wanted something soft to the touch that would be a pleasure to feel on the desk.

More

Angled chamfered edges, visible from above. Boards are very often identified for their side-profile. With slightly emphasized chamfers on the top of the left and right edges, there are key points to the design of this board that are visible from a top-down view as well.

More

Seamed design. Many boards today are gravitating towards a 'seamless' design. I find this to be a good alternative to boards that are not seamless, attempting to keep their seams flush. Unfortunately with the latter, due to machining tolerances, these 'flush' seams don't always look perfect and often reveal slight imperfections at the anodized edges. I took inspiration from designs like the Leaf60, adding extra chamfers and an inset that *makes the seam LARGER*. I like the way it looks - serves more as an accent rather than a drawback of the seamed design.

Stainless steel weight. Similar to the ai03's recent Polaris, the bottom weight not only serves as an accent piece but works to cover the screws that would otherwise be exposed on an inward-angled back. The USB-port's vertical centering is offset by an engraving of a modern spin on the moon phases. I plan to have the weight machined out of stainless steel and polished to a mirror finish for a premium appearance.

The bottom weight engraving is not finalized yet. I am looking into engraving the above logo on the bottom weight, along with the name of the board (Phase). I like this logo a lot. Layout / typography TBD. I think it may be borderline "over the top" to have the triangular logo in addition to the word PHASE, but I'll have to wait a bit and see how it grows on me.

There will also be engraving on the inside of the board, on the weight. I will contact the factory I decide to work with and see if it is possible to engrave unit numbers, since I will make this a small run.

The Mounting Idea

I don't have clear renders of the mounting implementation, but the internal design is mostly complete. This design is a tangent to the genius of westfoxtrot / CableCarDesigns' already well-beloved Prophet 60. However, it is quite a bit different in many ways. Allow me to explain:

The idea is to have upwards pressure on the plate tabs at the top and bottom perimeter of the keyboard without any downwards. When pressing the plate from the midpoint, this would allow the tabs to 'bow' upwards without any resistance. There would be NO gaskets above the plate on these edges. There will be 1 - 2 mm of free space above the plate tabs.

To keep the plate in place, there will be slight downwards pressure on the left and right perimeters of the keyboard (see left of diagram). With the aforementioned 'bowing' from pressing down, there would be no upward resistance against it either since the bowing would be along the horizontal axis.

In order for this to work, I will likely lean towards a plastic plate such as polycarbonate (my usual choice) or FR4 - I will also do testing with aluminum for those who may want a less flexible and more consistent sounding plate. Not going to do brass.

Plate Testing Incoming

I decided to use large plate tabs, as my brain is telling me that greater surface area = more 'even' sound distribution - alas, why sandwich mount boards usually sound very good and consistent to my ears. Flex cuts are likely to be added to the plate as well - just haven't decided where and how to implement them yet. In addition, larger and less flexible plate tabs may benefit the above mounting system more.

That being said, I also have plans to test a more 'flexible' plate tab design which encourages the plate to bend at the fulcrum (the bottom case acting as a leverage point). I suspect this my conflict with the original mounting plan, but it may have different effects that I'd be curious to see.

Of course, this is mostly speculation so mounting is not entirely finalized. The prototype will determine whether or not this mounting idea is here to stay. However, I've explained this mounting to friends and family several times - and each time I demonstrate, I feel more confident that it will work quite well.

Other details worth mentioning

• Materials. I plan to have the case machined from 6063 Aluminum, and the weight in mirror-polished 304 Stainless Steel.
  • Alignment pins. After getting my first board with alignment pins, I wondered why more boards didn't feature this. It feels great when the pieces interlock and makes for easy assembly.
  • JST Daughterboard. In addition to simplifying design limitations, the JST daughterboard connection offers another level of protection to keep the board functioning reliably. It will be secured to the stainless-steel weight, so you can access the daughterboard without disassembling the case entirely.
  • Small run. Being my first potential group buy, as well as primarily designing this board for my own personal use, I will likely be producing this board at a maximum of 25 to 50 units - maybe less, if interest is low.
  • Plate Material. Personally, I tend to lean towards polycarbonate plates for sound and feel. I will decide on final plate material after receiving and using the prototype.

Common Questions / Comments

Q: How much will it cost? Estimate?

This is very in the air right now. The outcome would be determined by the prototype's performance / quality - it will determine whether or not I up the unit count, reach out to particular CNC / manufacturers, vendors, etc.  I.e if I'm going to be hand-polishing the stainless steel to touch up manufacturer flaws, unit count would probably be much lower. Answer - no clue for now.

Q: Details on PCB?

Currently undecided on the PCB, but it will take any universal 60% layout PCB that is compatible with the C3 Unified daughterboard connection (JST). I will be reaching out to Wilba from wilba.tech and Hineybush for potential small-bulk orders for PCBs, once group buy is complete and numbers are tallied.

Q: You should remove the mounting tabs on the side, so that the typing experience is better / sound is better.

I guess at first glance it is easy to assume that the tabs are going to all be sitting on the bottom case. Beneath the left / right tabs, is nothing but free space! I would agree, if I were using the tabs on the side to hold the plate up. However, I am actually using the tabs on the side to hold the plate DOWN. The tabs on the side provide zero upwards force against the plate, when the plate is pressed down. The tabs on the side should not affect typing feel - they are simply there to ensure that the plate does not rattle in the case, since there is no downward force on the top / bottom tabs.

Please see the mounting plan for clarification!

Q: More colors, more layout options?

At the quantity I plan to create, I will be limited with the color choices that will be available - likely will be settling with 2 - 3 colors. With such an even divide among layouts in the interest check form, I figure I will lean towards including all layouts as possibilities to those who are entered to purchase a board.

Q: Isn't there already a keyboard with the moon phase theme?

I had considered the idea that people may draw similarities to other boards with moons on them. There are two that I am directly aware of right now - the Eclipse F-rowless TKL, and the Moon TKL.

Eclipse: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=104755.0 (Eclipse! Not a moon phase, but a solar eclipse phase)
Moon TKL: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=90037 (Yeah, Moon phases - it appears in the production run, they scrapped this logo, though)

I wanted to ensure that I do not intend to 'copy' or 'rip off' any ideas. I want to emphasize that searching Google for "moon vectors", "moon phases", etc will return a the fairly universal "moon phase" diagram that these all feature. On the other hand, I did not want to make the moon the primary theme of this board, but the PHASES. It is just the moon that 1. serves as a pretty nice symbol for phases, and 2. is painted on my wall. I have considered using a silly engraving of an ice cube melting, but felt I wanted to keep things a bit more elegant and relevant to my own history.

I'd also like to thank snurrebassen for reaching out to me and assuring me that this board's theme is not an issue and there is no conflict - stand up guy! Go support Eclipse.

Q: Will there be split-space / ISO support?

The board will be using a hopefully-easily-obtainable-in-the-future "Universal" 60% PCB with daughterboard support. If the PCB supports it, it shouldn't be too much of a concern - just need a minor plate change to get rolling. The two PCB's I've considered including at default are Hineybush's H60 PCB (supports split space, but no ISO), and Wilba's WT60 (supports ISO, but no split space). You can always drop your own preferred PCB in there and get a plate cut!

The Plan / TBD

I plan to order a prototype in the next few days. If all goes well, I will likely run a small group buy of ~25-50 pcs to keep things simple (as mentioned above). The majority of the board's external design is set in stone, apart from a few things such as engravings. If there is anything that leaps out as incorrect or out of place, do let me know and I'll see how I feel about it.

To be determined:

• Engraving on weight (feedback and suggestions are appreciated)
  • Price
  • Colors
  • WKL/HHKB layout
  • Plate flex-cuts
  • Maybe mounting changes

That is all for now. Until more happens, any feedback and suggestions will be appreciated (but keep in mind, most design aspects are finalized). Any questions feel free to ask as well!

https://forms.gle/Shy3QZPji9djoX1u8

Feel free to follow my posts on instagram, where I will post relevant updates, and share things related to whatever designs I may come up with now and in the future. https://www.instagram.com/ascend.kb/
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 September 2020, 20:53:25 by Ustinj »

Offline Ustinj

Re: [IC] Phase (60% Keyboard)
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 01:26:12 »
Current IC Standing
  • Initial IC
  • Prototype #1
  • Survey / Follow-up IC
  • Prototype #2
  • Final IC
  • Finalize Group Buy Details (Unit Ct, Pricing, Date)
  • Group Buy Start

« Last Edit: Tue, 22 September 2020, 15:27:20 by Ustinj »

Offline JumpStream

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 01:31:39 »
Loving the look of it so far

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Offline Space_Case88

• keebs, anime, video games and coffee
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 01:59:03 »
This looks good! I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one.

Offline gbenz

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 02:10:40 »
Renders are super clean! I'd love to see a standard layout though!

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 02:32:59 »
Beautiful board! Iím really interested in the mounting design. I canít really imagine how it works. Not sure how the 2mm gap is being implemented.

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 02:41:32 »
Yummy!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Offline deedz

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 03:22:04 »
Looks awesome to me, good job on the design and I'd back this if it reaches GB stage.

Offline cutesy

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 03:44:43 »
im in

Offline Suavity

• Smile more! 🙂
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 04:26:07 »
Looks like a very promising project! The stainless steel weight is a beauty. Certainly different to the typical brass or aluminum finishes. Curious to know what is the projected price for the board.  :thumb:

Offline ddnomad

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 06:02:50 »
Dang. That actually looks quite nice.

Already see myself missing the FCFS sale or totally loosing in a raffle.  But yeah, looks nice man!

Not entirely sure your plate mounting idea will work as intended but well, time will tell :)

Offline $W4GK!NG

• I like keebs, I like cars, and I make random games
    • Twitch: xSW4GK1NGx
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 06:49:15 »
Side profile and ai03 style weight design is looking cool af, would probably get my hands on this if I am able to :))

Offline Bl4ck

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 07:25:10 »
Well, I would be into it if it had std ISO and depending on price but, since its your first group buy i understand if there will be no iso for less options and so on.

Offline Clay333

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 09:27:23 »
I am definitely interested if HHKB layout isn't the only option. This looks very nice and well thought out. I am especially interested in the mounting system and really hope it comes out nice in the prototype. I will be following closely. Good luck.

Online KingOfMemes

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 09:30:55 »
Yup, count me in on this one

Offline alleneentrekin

• j
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 09:37:33 »
Really interested in this board, while I love the look of the HHKB layout, I think a standard layout would be a good addition. Also, this board seems like it could be in very high demand, so I would consider raffleing some, if not all of the kits.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Offline mikeduran

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 12:01:27 »
The design and the details are out of this world, really like this! It looks mega expensive, hope that the manufacturer of your choice can do it reliably and cheap. Also I agree with the rest of the users, maybe a standard layout would be nice, but as is it's beautiful anyway. I would love to be one of those 50 group buyers, but something tells me this is going to be mad expensive.

Offline MadsMe

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 13:53:39 »
This is absolutely gorgeous!

Offline huey

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 13:57:30 »
This is a cool project. My only point of concern is putting a USB port hole in the middle of a piece of material that is going to be polished.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 14:24:21 »
Really nice design  subscribing

Offline Blastoise

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 14:27:17 »
Definitely interested. Subscribed and looking forward to how this turns out!

Offline thatkoaladoe

• consider SA Nightlight
    • SA Nightlight!
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 14:40:48 »
Hmmm 25-50 you say

Offline mongoose27

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 16:13:57 »
This looks outstanding, very interested in a WKL version.  Great work  :thumb:

Offline Ramen Champ

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 16:42:03 »
very handsome - IC filled out and looking forward to seeing more!
Bauer | No. 1/60 |
Matrix 1.2og | Lyn Whale R2 | Unikorn | Satisfaction75 | Polaris | OTD360c |
Duck Orion V3 | Nunu | Noxary X65 | Austere | HHKB Pro2

Offline Ustinj

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 16:43:33 »
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I opened up a Google form for those who may stop by and have input.

https://forms.gle/Shy3QZPji9djoX1u8

This is a cool project. My only point of concern is putting a USB port hole in the middle of a piece of material that is going to be polished.

Valid concern, thank you - I spoke to one manufacturer and they got back to me saying that things were fine, but the small engraved lettering on the inner-face of the weight would not be polished. Since they mentioned this and not the port, I think I'll test my luck and see how the proto goes.

Offline Tyler

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 16:44:05 »
Wow. Definitely interested.

Offline zuggykeys

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 17:01:53 »
I like the gentle curves.  Gotta be careful not to scratch the USB port area, for sure.  Interested.

Offline huey

« Reply #27 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 17:04:00 »
Valid concern, thank you - I spoke to one manufacturer and they got back to me saying that things were fine, but the small engraved lettering on the inner-face of the weight would not be polished. Since they mentioned this and not the port, I think I'll test my luck and see how the proto goes.

I'll rephrase since that wasn't what I was getting at.
My concern is: If it were on my desk and in rotation with other boards, I wouldn't want the USB cutout near a highly sensitive finish. We're all bound to get a bit assertive with our USBing. This is just my two cents though; The M-60 has done it and I've never seen any owners complain about it.

Offline Janoma

• certified nerd
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 19:22:28 »
+1 for standard layout, the sound signature on this should be interesting with that mounting. Polish looks beautiful.

GLWIC :)

Offline Rynxe

• Braccas Meas Vescimini
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 20:12:36 »
Filled out the form. You sir just got a new follower.

Hoping you could increase the number of units for the GB, you'll have a lot of people crying over that number, and I mean a lot, maybe including myself.

Offline SherlockBunny

« Reply #30 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 21:07:11 »
Love the look and the interesting mounting system. Would definitely buy

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 21:38:16 »
I like the logo. It reminds me of the Eclipse 70% in IC

Interesting choice eliminating brass from the plate materials. I would probably go with pc or fr4 myself but have you given any consideration to POM or carbon fiber?

Offline MacSurfy

• Designer & 3D artist
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 01:16:38 »
Interesting. Count me in if WKL!

Offline Ustinj

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 02:11:51 »

Interesting choice eliminating brass from the plate materials. I would probably go with pc or fr4 myself but have you given any consideration to POM or carbon fiber?

Thanks for your input. I had considered the idea that people may draw similarities to other boards with moons on them - funny enough, I had not been thinking of the Eclipse keyboard but the Moon TKL that people would become privy to:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=90037

That being said, I wanted to ensure that I do not intend to 'copy' or 'rip off' any ideas. I want to emphasize that searching Google for "moon vectors", "moon phases", etc will return a the fairly universal "moon phase" diagram that these all feature. On the other hand, I did not want to make the moon the primary theme of this board, but the PHASES. It is just the moon that 1. serves as a pretty nice symbol for phases, and 2. is painted on my wall. I have considered using a silly engraving of an ice cube melting, but felt I wanted to keep things a bit more elegant and relevant to my own history.

I hope this clears things up! Not trying to come off as defensive, just wanted to give a bit more insight into the reasoning behind the board's theme.

Small updates, more details on mounting, and commonly asked questions

I will be testing some cuts in the plate. This is to encourage that the plate tabs will stress at its weak points. We will see how this plays with the original plan to use the bottom case as a 'fulcrum' for the plate to lever on. However, this does detract from my original intent to keep the tabs with a wide area of contact on the bottom case for a more consistent sound. Testing will be the teller here; I will be giving both the solid plate, as well as the cut plate a try to see which one fares better.

Q: Details on PCB?

Currently undecided on the PCB, but it will take any universal 60% layout PCB that is compatible with the C3 Unified daughterboard connection (JST). I will be reaching out to Wilba from wilba.tech and Hineybush for potential small-bulk orders for PCBs, once group buy is complete and numbers are tallied.

Q: Don't you think you should remove the mounting tabs on the side, so that the typing experience is better / sound is better?

I got this a few times... I guess at first glance it is easy to assume that the tabs are going to all be sitting on the bottom case. Beneath the left / right tabs, is nothing but free space!

I would agree, if I were using the tabs on the side to hold the plate up. However, I am actually using the tabs on the side to hold the plate DOWN. The tabs on the side provide zero upwards force against the plate, when the plate is pressed down. The tabs on the side should not affect typing feel - they are simply there to ensure that the plate does not rattle in the case, since there is no downward force on the top / bottom tabs.

I made a diagram to more clearly explain the mounting system, please see original post (or click this spoiler).

Q: More colors, more layout options?

At the quantity I plan to create, I will be limited with the color choices that will be available - likely will be settling with 2 - 3 colors. **With such an even divide among layouts in the interest check form, I figure I will lean towards including all layouts as possibilities to those who are entered to purchase a board.**

« Last Edit: Mon, 14 September 2020, 02:22:05 by Ustinj »

Offline sendrim

• Instagram
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 02:44:30 »
If the price is right, I'll definitely join!   :thumb:
I like SA

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 05:15:33 »
If layout is still open for consideration, split spacebar would elevate this a notch

Offline honoka

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 05:16:51 »
You need to put the link to the form in the OP for people who are just as lazy as I am

Offline Mel

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 11:23:07 »
Definitely an interesting design, assuming I can afford the price  :thumb:

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 11:44:31 »
Looks like a racecar version of Verne. I like it.

Offline CustomerSupport

• webdev
    • Discord
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 19:53:21 »
Really enjoy this. The seam really is a nice accent to the board; it reminds me of Zambumon's Verne, which also has some flowy lines in its profile.

The moon phases is a nice touch, and actually is very similar to the Eclipse 70% back weight. This isn't a bad thing, just makes me want to secure both :)

Looking forward to see how this progresses.

Offline taiminhle4920

« Reply #40 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 22:35:04 »
Do you have a targeted price for this one?

Offline Ustinj

« Reply #41 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 23:39:02 »
Added some commonly asked q's on the main post, regarding price, PCB, unit count, mounting, etc.

I appreciate all the feedback and responses! I will do my best to ensure that the end result is something special.

Offline FredBananaz

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 00:02:16 »
Definetly interested in this one. Keeping a close eye on this thread

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 21:24:53 »

Thanks for your input. I had considered the idea that people may draw similarities to other boards with moons on them - funny enough, I had not been thinking of the Eclipse keyboard but the Moon TKL that people would become privy to:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=90037

That being said, I wanted to ensure that I do not intend to 'copy' or 'rip off' any ideas. I want to emphasize that searching Google for "moon vectors", "moon phases", etc will return a the fairly universal "moon phase" diagram that these all feature. On the other hand, I did not want to make the moon the primary theme of this board, but the PHASES. It is just the moon that 1. serves as a pretty nice symbol for phases, and 2. is painted on my wall. I have considered using a silly engraving of an ice cube melting, but felt I wanted to keep things a bit more elegant and relevant to my own history.

I hope this clears things up! Not trying to come off as defensive, just wanted to give a bit more insight into the reasoning behind the board's theme.

oh totally! I didn't mean to insinuate that at all. The Eclipse was just the first thing that came to mine. FWIW this board doesn't remind me of that one in any other way but the moon phases logo. Plus it's not so similar that it appears to be a rip-off in any way. Also, this design looks to be MUCH better executed that the Eclipse. And yeah... nobody owns the moon. That's just silly.

Offline Ustinj

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 16:30:28 »
oh totally! I didn't mean to insinuate that at all. The Eclipse was just the first thing that came to mine. FWIW this board doesn't remind me of that one in any other way but the moon phases logo. Plus it's not so similar that it appears to be a rip-off in any way. Also, this design looks to be MUCH better executed that the Eclipse. And yeah... nobody owns the moon. That's just silly.

Oh I see, I may have misunderstood - in the end, I'd say to each their own! I don't find much value in comparing the two at all because both boards' designers have different goals and priorities in mind - and from what I've seen, I'd say I was quite intrigued myself by the layout of the eclipse :)

Prototype order placed with manufacturer #1

I have submitted an order for the board from one manufacturer. there are several manu's I'd like to try, but I will roll with this one first for fitment testing and stainless steel testing.

After hearing many stories of nightmares with mirror-polished stainless steel QC, there is a possibility that polished steel units will either be limited, or simply not feasible. that being said, I've done some quick renders using matte / satin stainless steel for the weight and I think it is seriously growing on me. I suspect that a polished finish on steel from the factory will not have the picture-perfect mirror finish I'd hope for. In that case, I will be hand-polishing these weights from the factory if I decide to go that route - this prototype unit will hopefully serve both as a proof of concept, and a polishing experiment.

The arrival of the prototype will answer 90% of the questions I have at the moment. I will run another IC form to take in more information later.

thanks!
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 September 2020, 16:41:16 by Ustinj »

Offline CustomerSupport

• webdev
    • Discord
Re: [IC] Phase (60% Keyboard) | Prototype #1 Order Placed!
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 02:22:29 »
Oooooh matte looks very nice

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 03:22:07 »
Even more interested if you decide to offer a matte stainless steel weight.

Offline Cloods

« Reply #47 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 02:47:25 »
finally something more curvy and less angular, looks good

« Reply #48 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 05:48:39 »
I love the side profile on this board. The subtle curves combined with the pronounced seam. Chef's kiss.

Offline JCraftCables

• Instagram
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 08:40:18 »
I like the curvy yet clean design and the subtle moon phase engraving near the USB C port! Very interesting mounting idea, will be waiting to hear on the results from proto testing.