Author Topic: SATURN-60 Group Buy  (Read 3598 times)

Offline BirgusLatro

SATURN-60 Group Buy
« on: Fri, 16 October 2020, 10:05:50 »
Hello GeekHack!

The Group Buy is live!!!!

Original IC Thread

The base kit price is $200.  GB will run for 30 days, unless 500 units are sold earlier. A kit comes with all parts you need to build a Saturn-60 except for switches, stabilizers, and keycaps.
If you are on a budget, feel free to just order plates + PCBs since those could be used outside of the case for a minimalist 60% build.
Color options are pictured below.  Two-toned orders are ok, and you can upgrade the finish of your plate, handle and badges. 

Plate options: Plain Aluminum, Black Anodized Alum, Yellow Zinc Plated Steel, Stainless Steel. 
Handle Options: Plain Aluminum, Black Anodized Alum, Stainless Steel, Brass
Stainless or Brass Badges
*Default Kit comes with: brushed aluminum Purist plate + clear anodized alum handle + Stainless badges + Titan60. 
Saturn-60 is a Bottom-Mounted Keyboard with gasket isolation, and has a floating foam frame that dampens the upper plate and chassis vibrations.

--Vendors--
North + South America:
Ace Keyboard Co.

Europe + ROW
CandyKeys

Oceania:
Daily Clack

There was a pre-sale for early birds that have been supporting since the IC...  Huge thank you to the 87 kits that were ordered already from the North American store! We hit MOQ globally before the GB even opened!  First production samples should be arriving next week by 10/23.
Join our discord for the timeliest updates and discussions!

Here is the full DeskYacht album with some proto pictures and renders:
https://imgur.com/a/Yef8wMG

More pictures:
Moondust - Beige - RAL 1013

Comet - White - RAL 9003

Crater - Black - RAL 9005

Supernova

Badges

Layouts

Switchplate

PCB - QMK support is still in-progress

Exploded View

Box

« Last Edit: Tue, 20 October 2020, 12:42:35 by BirgusLatro »

Offline BirgusLatro

Re: SATURN-60 Group Buy
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 16 October 2020, 10:06:08 »
Updates:
10/19/2020: 300/300 sold in the acekeyboard.co store.  THANK YOU everyone who joined!   A waitlist may be established for those that were not able to get one and would like to be notified if extras are available. Discussing with Dailyclack and Candykeys about whether or not to keep the GB open for them for a month or to close orders in a week and fully start on production.
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 October 2020, 17:30:59 by BirgusLatro »

Offline lukelex

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 16 October 2020, 12:36:20 »
In

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline Capone1423

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 16 October 2020, 13:39:00 »
Unfortunately itís still locked at candykeys...

Offline lukelex

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 16 October 2020, 14:26:31 »
Any chance of supporting Alps?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline Dissitesuxba11s

Re: SATURN-60 Group Buy [LIVE]
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 16 October 2020, 23:52:18 »
Commenting to get updates. Looking forward to this! Great job :thumb:

Offline Xanira

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 09:47:56 »
Looks amazing. ^-^

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 09:04:13 »
I guess this means the HHKB top didn't play out? Any likelihood of an R2 in the future with that option if this GB goes well or should I just give up hope now?

Offline geewiz

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 10:09:03 »
I grew up with clacky steel-cased keyboards, so I had to get this one. Great job!

Offline BirgusLatro

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 22:04:56 »
Any chance of supporting Alps?

At this point no, but I could do a small GB after the current one, just for plates featuring everyone's weird layouts / alps support, assuming there is enough interest.  I also have an idea for adapters so people can print or cut their own plates.

I grew up with clacky steel-cased keyboards, so I had to get this one. Great job!

Awesome! Thanks so much for joining the GB!

Commenting to get updates. Looking forward to this! Great job :thumb:
Thank you!!!!

Looks amazing. ^-^
You flatter me  ;D

I guess this means the HHKB top didn't play out? Any likelihood of an R2 in the future with that option if this GB goes well or should I just give up hope now?

Right, unfortunately not enough interest on the HHKB layout for this GB.  I personally like HHKB a lot so keep an eye out for a future round of Saturns with it, or possibly a different project  :eek:
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 October 2020, 22:06:33 by BirgusLatro »

Offline paperassgasket

Re: SATURN-60 Group Buy [7 KITS LEFT in NA]
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 22:10:40 »
Honestly surprised that this hasn't sold out already.
I think it flew under a lot of people's radar because I run into people on streams and in discords almost daily that have not heard of it before.

Offline CGreat

Re: SATURN-60 Group Buy [Sold out in NA]
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 17:29:53 »
Glad to see the 500 sell out already in NA...although I was secretly hoping there would be an issue getting to 500 units so i could order another color ;D. Great job BirgusLatro!

Offline BirgusLatro

Re: SATURN-60 Group Buy [Sold out in NA]
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 17:48:44 »
Honestly surprised that this hasn't sold out already.
I think it flew under a lot of people's radar because I run into people on streams and in discords almost daily that have not heard of it before.

It has a very radar-reflective design so maybe that's why it wasn't detected.

Glad to see the 500 sell out already in NA...although I was secretly hoping there would be an issue getting to 500 units so i could order another color ;D. Great job BirgusLatro!

Thanks a lot!  The number is actually 500 globally, so 300 were sold in North America. 150 were allocated to CK and 50 to DC

Offline Wonderfool

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 16:03:59 »

Speaking of which: what switches would best take advantage of the metal case for the optimal clack? 

This isn't going to be my daily driver so I don't have to worry about annoying anyone, but I don't have any experience with really clacky switches - the clackiest (clickiest) I've ever gone was Kailh Box Whites.