Author Topic: Need help building a mechanical keyboard or just buying k6  (Read 2318 times)

Offline Esztres

Need help building a mechanical keyboard or just buying k6
« on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 11:08:49 »
Hello, so I've been using Corsair K68 (blue) and Razer Black window (Green) for around a year now and tbh I actually like it but a few months ago I stumbled across 'Tfue $3500 Custom mechanical keyboard' I was immediately hooked. Joining this community means spending big bucks but everything begins from something small. As of now I have a budget of around 250-300$ (preferably 250) and I'm trying to build a custom keyboard or buying Keychron K6 and buying seperate switches. I'm currently in Thailand and the custom mech keyboard community here is still scarce and parts are hard to find or sold in a very premium price. So I will be mostly depend on international shipping.

My requirements for the keyboard is.
65% layout
Hot swappable PCB (rgb or not is fine)
Preferably aluminum case
Keycaps(any)
Switches (NK creams box jade)

My plan right now is to get
NK65 entry edition+ keycaps + NK creams

Offline yui

Re: Need help building a mechanical keyboard or just buying k6
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 02:14:13 »
i think that the nk65 entry edition is sold out sadly, and to be honest the Keychron looks like a decent deal, il you want to go full custom i think the DZ65 and kdb67 pcb could fit your bill too with a Tada68 case, a 65% plate and a dye sub keycap set (total around 260 usd on kdbfans but they do not have the plate in stock, and i am too lazy to search somewhere else, plenty other chinese sites exist with their own boards, and you can mix and match). 
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline Esztres

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 01:45:07 »
i think that the nk65 entry edition is sold out sadly, and to be honest the Keychron looks like a decent deal, il you want to go full custom i think the DZ65 and kdb67 pcb could fit your bill too with a Tada68 case, a 65% plate and a dye sub keycap set (total around 260 usd on kdbfans but they do not have the plate in stock, and i am too lazy to search somewhere else, plenty other chinese sites exist with their own boards, and you can mix and match).

Thank for you for replying. Other question is the NK65 entry edition worth it for the price. I will do more research on the build you have provided.:)

Offline yui

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 02:06:27 »
the entry edition would have been a good deal but it was a group buy and unlikely be on sales new anymore the next group buy for a NK65 is this: https://novelkeys.xyz/products/nk65-rfp-edition-gb?_pos=2&_sid=885b45f45&_ss=r much more expensive and also a problem with novelkey is that i think it is an American company so quite far from you so high shipping cost, but as far as i know they have a good reputation and build quite a few custom things but mostly only GB.

Offline Esztres

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 01 November 2020, 19:10:28 »
the entry edition would have been a good deal but it was a group buy and unlikely be on sales new anymore the next group buy for a NK65 is this: https://novelkeys.xyz/products/nk65-rfp-edition-gb?_pos=2&_sid=885b45f45&_ss=r much more expensive and also a problem with novelkey is that i think it is an American company so quite far from you so high shipping cost, but as far as i know they have a good reputation and build quite a few custom things but mostly only GB.

What do you think I should do cuz from what I heard Entry edition will be back this month. I saw tada68 is a pretty solid case but I don't know which one to choose

Offline yui

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 00:56:44 »
if you can wait then go for the entry edition, i did not look too far in it and if they make a new batch it seems like a good keyboard, although if it is a group buy you will need to wait for quite a bit of time (a few months likely), either way i can't tell you what to do, i can only try to give you options and information to help you make the best decision.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 21:29:15 »
Beware, the NK65 has been due next month for 3-4 months now.

If it shipped from China when they expected it really should be there any day, but who knows when it left China and we are now WELL into holiday shipping from China.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Esztres

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 07:44:57 »
if you can wait then go for the entry edition, i did not look too far in it and if they make a new batch it seems like a good keyboard, although if it is a group buy you will need to wait for quite a bit of time (a few months likely), either way i can't tell you what to do, i can only try to give you options and information to help you make the best decision.

alright. thank you for your recommendation :)