Author Topic: [IC] Klein switch  (Read 5292 times)

Offline CHAOSERA

• official website of chaosera
[IC] Klein switch
« on: Sat, 19 March 2022, 20:18:31 »
Hi Everyone,
We are the new customization lab "CHAOSERA". 
The time we take the new switches --  Klein-chaoera
International Klein Blue (IKB) is a deep blue hue first mixed by the French artist Yves Klein. IKB's visual impact comes from its heavy reliance on ultramarine, as well as Klein's often thick and textured application of paint to canvas.
The International Klein Blue RGB is 0:47:167. Klein believe if you want to express a feeling, you don’t need to speaking. Just see the color,you can feel the power follow your heart.We are fascinated when we saw the color first time.

We also hope to achieve purity in the product design - pure sound performance and smoothness.
But the color "International Klein" is an ideal blue, an absolute blue. So it is difficult to match with other colors.
So we modified the color value a bit - to make it more vivid and less low in general.
We found inspiration by the picture and add a splash of red.

This is an advance bottoming linear switch produced by JWK (JWICK) OEM, and the switch is made of a new premium material.
The specific materials and parameters are as follows:
Upper cover: PC + other trace materials
Lower shell: PA12 + 2 micron PTFE + MoS2 + other trace materials
Axis: P3
Trigger stroke: 2.0mm±0.3mm
Touch bottom stroke: 3.7mm±0.3mm
Trigger pressure: 48g±10g
Touchdown pressure: 55g±10g
Spring: Extended gold plated spring is used
Contact: Upgraded to palladium alloy contact which is more advanced than gold, to improve stability, durability and conductivity.
Realistic photo:

I'm sure the material you are most interested in is the "P3" material used in the switch core, and I'll explain the characteristics and composition of this material below:
P3 material is named internally by JWK (JWICK), in fact, this material is a new hybrid material developed by them, which is composed of a variety of expensive materials. Compared with the traditional POM, PA66, PC, etc., it has better smoothness, lower coefficient of dynamic and static friction. It also has more excellent self-lubrication, and its main component materials are known as "solid lubricant".
The main material is called "solid lubricant".
Main material: UPE (Ultra High Polymer Polyethylene)
Auxiliary materials: POM, PA66
Trace materials: PTFE, others materials(because of the recipe confidential,it can’t be disclosed to the public)
Because of its multiple material composition, and its main material "UPE" is expensive and limited production throughout the year (only one manufacturer in Japan can produce excellent UPE material, and the molecular weight is much higher than other UPE in the market), the production and processing is very difficult. (caused by poor mobility) so the cost of this switch body is much higher than the ordinary switch body on the market. However, we still insist on using this material to achieve the ultimate smoothness and durability that we seek. We also believe that our insistence on the birth of the "Klein switch" will make everyone like it!
Disassembled and appearance photo:

The switch was tuned for a long time before and after JWK shipped to us once, but after we QC request for better factory wetting, so all sent back to JWK re-lubrication and then QC. a total of 3 rounds of QC, as far as possible to ensure the quality of the switch to hand. (There will still be individual axis body noise or feel uneven, but we have tried to reduce this situation as much as possible)
About the switch characteristics.
1. Advance bottoming of the switch creates its not bad sound performance - easier to show most people like the "mahjong sound".
2. The spring is lengthened to ensure the reliability of the rebound and enough force.
3. Tuned with complex and expensive materials to ensure the smoothness and sound performance of the switch.
4. Trigger and bottoming pressure difference is small, so that the switch from the press to bottoming more calm and consistent.
5. The use of PA12-based materials to ensure the light transmission of the shell, the surface of the upper cover has a fine polishing treatment, easier to show the blue color.
The above is the introduction of our "Klein-chaosera".
Then this is information about release.
Selling price: $25.99/case, 35 switches/case.
Release version: only one pressure gram version, only factory run version.
Release quantity and way: spot sale, not limited.
Packaging: blister box, 35 pieces per box.
Transport method: boxed by mail, no postage.
Aftermarket related:
In principle, only after-sales utility damaged switches.
Since the shell is high-gloss polished, inevitably caused by cuts in transit, so small cuts are not given after-sales, if the shell is damaged what can be after-sales (ex: The switch terminal pin is damaged, depressed, The shell is notched,).
If you want to know more about Klein switch and our brand related content
If you would like to discuss with our brand staff about customization
If you have a great suggestion for our products
Please join and follow our official discord discussion group and our official social accounts
Discord:https://discord.gg/eYBJpC8Zbf
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Xiaojianguo5
YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5B0s-JeuQBY_llneePlydg

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
Re: [IC] Klein switch
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 20 March 2022, 05:12:47 »
1st and also love testing new switches.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline azzipa

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 20 March 2022, 18:50:45 »
i am loving long pole switches, bring it! p3 is in jwk quartz linear, nice to see it being used here. last, not sure if these are ‘standard’ jwk springs? this sounds like an interesting project, i’m definitely watching. glwgb  :thumb:

Offline CHAOSERA

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 20 March 2022, 21:05:08 »
i am loving long pole switches, bring it! p3 is in jwk quartz linear, nice to see it being used here. last, not sure if these are ‘standard’ jwk springs? this sounds like an interesting project, i’m definitely watching. glwgb  :thumb:
Thanks for supporting. These are standard JWK springs and also we made others materials, because of the trade secrets, we can not say. But I promise the spring will be better than other switches. About sound, feeling and reliability of rebound.

Offline CHAOSERA

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 20 March 2022, 21:05:38 »
1st and also love testing new switches.
Thanks for supporting!

Offline LMarci

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 02 April 2022, 07:32:50 »
Imagine paragraphing your ic properly

Offline granola bar enthusiast

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 02 April 2022, 10:16:07 »
love this switch and might enter the gb! its funny as klein is actually part of my name

Offline nicoles

• Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 21 April 2022, 13:04:30 »
Strikes me as slightly odd to name it after a very distinctive blue color and then not use that color? International Klein Blue is a beautiful deep blue hue, why not use it if you're going to name the switch after it?

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 21 April 2022, 14:38:35 »
Pretty. As with all switches that catch my interest, I hope you'll send a few to Theremingoat for review.
GLWIC.