Author Topic: [IC] Daimyo V2  (Read 3056 times)

Offline Edovin

[IC] Daimyo V2
« on: Mon, 06 June 2022, 06:55:32 »

Inspiration

During the Sengoku period, there were many internal wars in Japan. The emperor was still the official ruler of the country but delegated power to the shōgun.
Gradually, the emperor and the shōgun lost influence to the daimyōs. These daimyōs began to fight uncontrollably with each other for control over land and influence over the shogunate. The set features symbols of the Oda clan, Ashina clan, and Satake clan.
The Sengoku period culminated with a series of three warlords – Oda Nobunaga, Toyotomi Hideyoshi, and Tokugawa Ieyasu – who gradually unified Japan. After Tokugawa Ieyasu's final victory at the siege of Osaka in 1615, Japan settled down into over two-hundred years of peace under the Tokugawa shogunate.

Colors

Kits

Base Kit

Hiragana

Novelties

Space Bar kit

Renders

Google Form

Join the discord server to stay up to date or ask questions!

Vendors

US: Kono
Canada: Keyspresso
EU: Mykeyboard
Asia: Monokei
Oceania: Daily Clack

Collaborations
Collab deskmats: KEKAIYØ
Collab keycaps: KeyBee

Samples
by KeyBee Manufacturing

« Last Edit: Mon, 06 June 2022, 07:00:29 by Edovin »

Offline Edovin

Re: Daimyo V2
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 06 June 2022, 06:59:18 »
Reserved

Offline Fraaaan

Re: Daimyo V2
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 06 June 2022, 06:59:46 »
Why not just update the original IC saying you changed the manufacturer? At least have the decency to lock it.

Offline Edovin

Re: [IC] Daimyo V2
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 06 June 2022, 07:04:17 »
Why not just update the original IC saying you changed the manufacturer? At least have the decency to lock it.

Plenty of other things had been added and updated. The set is not anything like it used to be originally before. So all the comments were very outdated and the people that signed up for it would have been in for some surprises as well. So we decided to add a new IC to get fresh comments, and get people on board that really are on board. The reason I decided not to work with GMK is just that the lead times and prices are insane. It's not illegal to swap manufacturers.

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 06 June 2022, 07:18:42 »

Plenty of other things had been added and updated. The set is not anything like it used to be originally before. So all the comments were very outdated and the people that signed up for it would have been in for some surprises as well. So we decided to add a new IC to get fresh comments, and get people on board that really are on board. The reason I decided not to work with GMK is just that the lead times and prices are insane. It's not illegal to swap manufacturers.

I never said changing the manufacturer is illegal, far from it. Plenty of ICs have done this by just updating the original IC instead of posting a new one. It's just not something you do. No need to get defensive over not understanding the forum culture.

I'm also not sure what you mean by "Plenty of other things had been added and updated. The set is not anything like it used to be originally before." That's just ridiculous. Renders are the exact same ones from your last IC, kitting is the exact same, inspiration is the exact same, novelties are the exact same, deskmats are the exact same, collabs are the exact same. The only difference I can find between the 2 posts is prototype photos from the new manufacturer and the lack of "GMK" in the post title. Looking at both ICs side by side makes me think I have double vision.

I once again ask you to lock the other IC if you don't plan on updating it.

Offline rookb

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 06 June 2022, 07:55:53 »
Are you gonna update this IC to state that its a gradient set because holy **** that bleeding is attrocious.

Offline plag

• Formerly pepperonichicken
  • i also go by plag
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 06 June 2022, 07:59:07 »
Who is manufacturing this set?

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 06 June 2022, 08:29:39 »
Who is manufacturing this set?
He will hand carve each key XD

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 06 June 2022, 12:30:50 »
i dont know why this was brought back

Offline KeebRehab

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 06 June 2022, 13:26:12 »
I can't overstate how painfully obvious it is, that you lack the level of understanding of Asian/Japanese culture to be able to utilise this subject matter with respect. Tokugawa had the title of Shogun or Dai-shogun, which ranked above those who were referred to as Daimyo, not to mention that "Daimyo" isn't even a title.
Also, Ieyasu was the man's first name. Why are you on a first-name basis with a Japanese general from the 17th century?
Please stop. Use a subject matter that you actually understand.