Author Topic: [IC] Pole Star TKL  (Read 5779 times)

Offline quad_h

[IC] Pole Star TKL
« on: Thu, 07 September 2023, 11:56:46 »
Hello!
How have you been, friends??

I'm going to do IC again after a long time

I've had a lot of restrictions since I got married three years ago lol

Recently, the long-term connections that led to keyboards gathered to form a team synergy

As a result, I made a TKL keyboard called Pole Star

Although it is produced domestically, we are planning to lower the price based on simple design and various efforts

We are suddenly conducting a product demand survey, but we ask for your interest and participation

We have completed all the sample tests.

I'm going to post on IC and find out what my friends think and what to fix

Layout: 80% TKL (Top mount)

PCB : Infinity TKL PCB ( USB-C / Under RGB / QMK / VIA )

Weight: Black SUS 2T (existing bolt -> Black bolt to be changed)

​Note: Magnetic fixation method of TOP and Bottom

Switch Plate: black, silver aluminium / Plastic

Housing Color: Black, Silver, Dark Green, Purple, Gray

Front and back height / 18.5 / 34.9 mm
Upper and lower bezel: 4 mm
Left and right bezel: 8.5 mm

​Slope: 7 degrees

Weight: Approximately 1.8 kg (top and bottom keyboard, weight plate, switch plate)

※ Considering the final build, we considered a light hitting sound

The inner inscription of the bottom plate is a sample, so... If there's a good idea, I'll take it into consideration

​Design and Progress: Team Synergy

Produced by Bahm Studio

Detailed reviews will be conducted through S.Korea / overseas YouTubers

​Overseas ( @LightningXI ) : @LightningXI 
S.Korea ( Comming Soon )

==========================================================

​I hope you understand even if my English is not good enough, and if there are any mistakes

I will revise the contents from time to time

==========================================================

« Last Edit: Thu, 07 September 2023, 12:06:45 by quad_h »

Offline QWER|key

Re: [IC] Pole Star TKL
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 07 September 2023, 14:10:13 »
I love this board, but can't help but feel that it would look classier without the words "pole star', and just the graphical logo.  The back and weight are fire!   Very interested.

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 07 September 2023, 15:28:47 »
I love this board, but can't help but feel that it would look classier without the words "pole star', and just the graphical logo.  The back and weight are fire!   Very interested.

The weight is perfect
The logo between Esc & F1 is nice
But everything above arrow the cluster should disappear or be reworked
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 07 September 2023, 15:44:36 »
Weight would look nicer if screws were not visible externally.

I love this board, but can't help but feel that it would look classier without the words "pole star', and just the graphical logo.

Also agree with this.

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 07 September 2023, 18:28:44 »
Screws within the weight is very unpleasant to me. Ideally the weight should be affixed to the bottom case by some internal screws rather than external.

I also dislike how the p in pole isn't uppercase but the S in star is in the engraving above the arrows. Either both words should be or neither. In general not fond of that design element.

Most importantly: what price (a rough estimate is fine) do you expect to target?

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 07 September 2023, 22:39:37 »
I think the board is a bit unrefined atm, I agree with aicyborg that the external screws for the weight don't look as good as internal screws. I also agree with the disparity of the capitals on the engraving but if it didn't have that disparity I would quite like it. Also what is the ekh

I'm also not sure about the mounting, is it a top mount with a leaf spring mounting? could you just explain that.

Looks cool though, GLWIC
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 September 2023, 20:49:59 by Rhienfo »

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 08 September 2023, 01:44:22 »
I would agree with others, I like the compass but the wording is unnecessary on the nice design engraving quite hard to look at actually

Offline farlig

• * St. Jude Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 08 September 2023, 05:53:50 »
Really like this, but I agree the arrow cluster engraving saying pole Star is unnecessary, and if you really want to keep it, at least don't have the S be randomly uppercase.

Depending on the price this might be something I'd like to pick up.
Collection: Singakbd x TGR Unikorn R2.2 Pewter Grey, JJW Cloudline Red WKL, Noxary Valhalla Green, Keychron Q1 Black

Offline elongatedmusk

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 08 September 2023, 09:20:01 »
+1 for the arrow cluster engraving, it looks a little bit too much to cramp the text and the compass together. Otherwise, the mounting looks intriguing. GLWIC :thumb:

Offline bigmaxnonions

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 08 September 2023, 10:20:40 »
I like the compass engraving, I like the engraving on the weight. I like the engraving above the arrow cluster, but I don't like the pole Star text and would like to see the text removed. I would like to see the weight feature better mounting to hide the screws, or make them smaller to not block as much of the engraving. Depending on the price, I would be interested in purchasing one.
Skog Reboot, INK Blacks, GMK Stealth | Neito, POMs, ePBT Ramenstop | KARA, Gat Yellows, KAT Cyberspace | AVA, Black Pandas, GMK Arch | QK65, Ergo Clears, GMK Laser | W1-AT, LE Creams, ePBT WoB | Odin R2, Meteor Whites, GMK Hooty | QK60, Boba U4Ts, PBT Notion | Liberi, New Nixies, GMK Grand Prix | Cypher R4, Root Beer Floats, (Undecided, currently PBT Stone) | Cycle7, POMs, GMK Striker

Sent from my SM Smart Fridge via TapTalk

Offline Boyten8

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 08 September 2023, 14:33:04 »
I agree with most of the people in the IC on their comments in regards to reworking design/screws. I do not think flex cut plate is necessary.

Otherwise, good work  :thumb:

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 08 September 2023, 20:53:20 »
I agree with most of the people in the IC on their comments in regards to reworking design/screws. I do not think flex cut plate is necessary.

Otherwise, good work  :thumb:

Yeah a lot of those flex cuts are unnecessary, The cross cuts on the plate are fine, but the ones in between the rows of the alphas are just memes

Offline quad_h

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 19 September 2023, 18:25:26 »
I think the board is a bit unrefined atm, I agree with aicyborg that the external screws for the weight don't look as good as internal screws. I also agree with the disparity of the capitals on the engraving but if it didn't have that disparity I would quite like it. Also what is the ekh

I'm also not sure about the mounting, is it a top mount with a leaf spring mounting? could you just explain that.

Looks cool though, GLWIC

I think it's hard to get rid of the screws on the weight fixing.
I'll consider that in the next design

The estimated approximate amount is $390 excluding shipping costs.

Offline quad_h

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 19 September 2023, 18:26:29 »
I would agree with others, I like the compass but the wording is unnecessary on the nice design engraving quite hard to look at actually

Looks cool though, GLWIC

I think it's hard to get rid of the screws on the weight fixing.
I'll consider that in the next design

The estimated approximate amount is $390 excluding shipping costs.

Offline quad_h

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 19 September 2023, 18:29:48 »
Really like this, but I agree the arrow cluster engraving saying pole Star is unnecessary, and if you really want to keep it, at least don't have the S be randomly uppercase.

Depending on the price this might be something I'd like to pick up.

I think the problem of upper and lowercase letters is a mistake for design for us, not for English. The case and case problem can be solved depending on the opinion.