Author Topic: rakuten?  (Read 6726 times)

Offline zerosxl

rakuten?
« on: Sat, 19 February 2011, 11:28:59 »
I've been searching for a tenkeyless mx brown, and initially I was waiting on EK, but I can no longer bare the wait. Having done some research, filco seems like the best option at the moment. The three stores that have caught my attention are armygroup, keyboardco, and rakuten (the last being the cheapest). So how reliable is rakuten and is this http://en.item.rakuten.com/r-clevery/4515213006894/ an authentic filco?

Offline .XL

• http://www.paokfc.gr/
rakuten?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 19 February 2011, 11:50:59 »
No experience with Rakuten, but I just had a fantastic experience with Armygroup. If you order today you should get your keyboard Weds/Thurs :)
Keyboards: Filco Majestouch-2 87key Browns - Realforce 103UB 55g - Compaq MX11800 (ghetto clears + doubleshots)

Offline manfaux

rakuten?
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 19 February 2011, 12:12:21 »
rakuten is very reliable, but you have to make sure the shop selling it does international shipping. (the link you provided looks legit and it seems they can do the shipping)

but i mean another couple of weeks ain't gonna kill you, I'd wait for EK for them leopoldz.

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
rakuten?
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 19 February 2011, 12:16:40 »

Offline zerosxl

rakuten?
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 19 February 2011, 13:24:13 »
lOlllll #4 win

Offline laserlight

rakuten?
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 19 February 2011, 13:41:12 »
I obtained my Archiss AS-KB87T from Rakuten, but I had to go through another party (Tenso) for shipping to Singapore. I did have technical problems with my keyboard, but negotiating and obtaining the replacement went well.

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
rakuten?
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 17 May 2011, 04:04:02 »
Sorry for digging up an old thread.  laserlight, when you used Rakuten, did you order the item yourself and ship to the address that Tenso provided to you, or did you have Tenso make the purchase and then ship the item to you?  Thanks.

Offline ProLan

rakuten?
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 18 June 2012, 15:23:24 »
Sorry for bumping, but I was wondering what mail forwarding do you guys use for rakuten? Thanks
a

Offline nar

rakuten?
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 18 June 2012, 20:36:07 »
Quote from: ProLan;616412
Sorry for bumping, but I was wondering what mail forwarding do you guys use for rakuten? Thanks
Show Image

There are 4 services either I or people I know use for forwarding stuff from Japan. It depends on whether or not you need just forwarding or proxy purchasing too (Not every store on Rakuten will accept International Credit Cards, in general the majority of the stores that accept international credit cards will ship internationally as well anyways).

1. Tenso: I'd say this is probably the biggest service, they mainly offer forwarding services but I think they recently started offering proxy purchasing as well. Price wise in general they are pretty good and for very small items they are the absolute cheapest.
2. Sere-nde: This is what I use personally, its a much smaller service and the people who run it only speak Japanese too, if your using it you better either speak Japanese or have good Google Translate ability (Their english website seems to just be their japanese website ran through google translate). But for ordering lots of stuff they are the cheapest.
3. JapanToDoor: This place is pretty expensive, but they literally offer every possible proxy service you can think of, including selling your own items on Auctions. They have special business accounts though that for a monthly fee gets you much cheaper prices.
4. J-Goods: This is only for proxy purchasing but unlike alot of other places the majority of their fee is a set cost per item rather than a large percentage (10-20%) of the cost so for things like buying a single HHKB, the prices can't be beat. This is the only one I nor anyone I'm close to has used but other people on geekhack seem to find it fast and reliable.
Keyboards: Topre HE0100 | REALFORCE 103UB & 104UB-DK | FILCO Majestouch 2 Ai Cherry MX Blue | CHERRY G84-4101SPAUS

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
rakuten?
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 18 June 2012, 21:28:31 »
nar, thanks for the summary.  Are there currently any interesting keyboard stuff that is only available in Japan?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
rakuten?
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 18 June 2012, 21:46:28 »
FILCO keyboard KOBO? It offers custom color case and some keycap combination. I think this is  available only in Japan at this time.

http://www.diatec.co.jp/shop/kobo/

Offline nar

rakuten?
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 19 June 2012, 00:07:03 »
Quote from: hasu;616673
FILCO keyboard KOBO? It offers custom color case and some keycap combination. I think this is  available only in Japan at this time.

http://www.diatec.co.jp/shop/kobo/

Wow, a bunch of new custom cases, your choice of Fullsize or TKL. Choice of Japanese or English layout. Choice of Japanese Printed, English Printed or Ninja Printed. Choice of Keyswitch with different LED Colours...
These Filco Koubou keyboards are pretty much fully custom Filcos. If only it wasn't so expensive I'd buy one right away.
Keyboards: Topre HE0100 | REALFORCE 103UB & 104UB-DK | FILCO Majestouch 2 Ai Cherry MX Blue | CHERRY G84-4101SPAUS