Author Topic: Rossi's Energy Catalyzer - tested at University of Bologna  (Read 32143 times)

Offline Gigi

Rossi's Energy Catalyzer - tested at University of Bologna
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 23 April 2011, 23:40:51 »
Quote from: ripster;336407
You ever tried a mechanical keyboard?  Because they're springy you feel like you're a energy catalyzer.

I wish you a good Easter, waiting for the white rabbit leads us to a chocolate egg with a surprise for after the holidays :)

perhaps I'll buy a new keyboard.
p.s. i'm much energetic but little catalytic ;)

ripster, this is a good show
Brian "i'm not the messiah" but only a unbeliever believed him
...shame that the crowd took him away.
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 April 2011, 02:32:49 by Gigi »

Offline Gigi

« Reply #101 on: Wed, 27 April 2011, 02:19:45 »
http://22passi.blogspot.com

finally moves to the RAI, the service was preparing Rainews24 on E-Cat of Rossi will air Tuesday, 3 May at 20:37.
Monday, 2 May 2011
will be broadcast on the channel Rainews (live streaming here) Thursday, 5 May at 20:35. Not Tuesday, 3 May

http://www.energeticambiente.it

I read on the forum of energeticambiente, a user tia86 says he has contacted Mats Lewan of NyTeknik. Article in output within a week.

http://www.queryonline.it

Reactor E-Cat: The position of CICAP. In the last comments, i read an interesting. Alberto warned that wednesday, 4 May at 16:00 will be held at the Physics Department of Pavia, classroom A102, a seminar by professor Focardi entitled "The return of cold fusion" ...a good opportunity to clarify some aspects of the story. I hope that anyone making an audio-video recording and puts everything on the network.

ripster, una tastiera meccanica per giocare sarà "bellissima" ma se devo scrivere mi accontento di una Logitech Media Keyboard 600 :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 May 2011, 07:39:10 by Gigi »

Offline Gigi

« Reply #102 on: Fri, 29 April 2011, 13:35:35 »
Nuova intervista di Mr Kilowatt a Francesco Celani
Google Italian-English translation

Thanks to Tizzie, the transcript of the interview to be broadcast on Radio 24, tonight at 21.05 during the episode of Mr. Kilowatt

Francesco Celani (INFN Frascati), interviewed by Maurizio Melis, explains the state of the art research Arata in Japan and is confident of the E-Cat Rossi.

22passi.blogspot.com - 29 April, 2011

http://www.radio24.ilsole24ore.com/player/player.php?filename=110429-mrkilowatt.mp3

-

Fusione nucleare a freddo: i dubbi del fisico Antonio Zoccoli
Google Italian-English translation

Antonio Zoccoli, professor of General Physics and director of the section of Bologna of the National Institute of Nuclear Physics (INFN).

panorama.it - claudiadaconto - 28 April, 2011
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 April 2011, 14:18:11 by Gigi »

Offline Gigi

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 04:34:56 »
Continue the collaboration between 22passi.blogspot.com and the swedish magazine NyTeknik. This article reports on two new tests of the E-Cat held in Bologna on April 19 and April 28 last and was put online at the same time on the site of Ny Teknik, in English and Swedish, and Twenty-two steps of love and its in Italian. All technical data of the two tests are contained in two reports in pdf for download links inserted in the same article.

http://www.nyteknik.se/nyheter/energi_miljo/energi/article3166552.ece
http://22passi.blogspot.com/2011/05/ny-teknik-ha-testato-il-catalizzatore.html

new confirmation finally are arrived :)

Report test of E-Cat 19 April 2011.pdf
Report test of E-Cat 28 April 2011.pdf

In the first test on April 19, the national Italian television channel RAI was present and its reportage will be broadcast on the channel RAI News (live streaming here) Thursday, May 5th at 20:35.
In the second test on April 28 only NyTeknik, the inventor Andrea Rossi, and a colleague of his were present.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 May 2011, 05:29:33 by Gigi »

Offline Gigi

« Reply #104 on: Tue, 03 May 2011, 10:46:15 »
WARNING: RAINEWS PREVIEW!

In exceptional drafting Rainews, given the huge waiting, decided to spread on the Internet to preview the service on the Energy catalayzer, which will be broadcast Thursday, May 5 at 20:35 (Digital Terrestrial Television, Channel 508 on Sky).

http://www.rainews24.rai.it/it/canale-tv.php?id=23074

The magic of Mr. Rossi

History of the invention that promises to change the world - survey by Angelo Saso

In Greece there are those who are willing to bet EUR 200 million in the United States had already started the industrial production in November might already be on the market. The Energy Catalyzer, invented by the Italian Andrea Rossi, a prototype is still mysterious but promises a revolution in how we produce energy. The E-Cat nobody can explain how it works, but seems to turn a few grams of nickel, a bit 'of hydrogen and a "secret ingredient" in abundant kilowatt hour. Rossi is still awaiting the issuance of a patent, but positive tests and expert witnesses seem to confirm that "must be a process of the nuclear variety. " And then, as he tells Rainews the President of the energy of the Royal Academy of Sweden, Sven Kullander: "If it really works is the Nobel Prize. " A hoax? A collective hallucination? Or a radical innovation? The envoy Rainews Angelo Saso has gathered the voices of the actors and experts to uncover the background of this invention that promises to change the world. "

ripster, my English is at the limit of human comprehension, is due to the translation of google, it's his fault :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 May 2011, 11:06:41 by Gigi »

Offline Fwiffo

« Reply #105 on: Tue, 03 May 2011, 11:07:37 »
Gigi has only posted in this thread to spam links to articles about this reactor. Given that he's made zero contributions to the rest of the forum, shouldn't he be banned as an SEO spammer?
You can call me... Keyboard Otaku... or not quite...

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #106 on: Tue, 03 May 2011, 11:17:10 »
Quote from: Fwiffo;341044
Gigi has only posted in this thread to spam links to articles about this reactor. Given that he's made zero contributions to the rest of the forum, shouldn't he be banned as an SEO spammer?

Gigi isn't selling anything, (and here no one is running a power plant), so if this forum has an OT section and one wants to post just here what's the problem ?
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline RiGS

« Reply #107 on: Tue, 03 May 2011, 13:57:17 »
Quote from: Fwiffo;341044

Any information/link about the Energy Catalyzer is welcome in this thread. Gigi, thanks for your contribution to this topic!
Last edited by RiGS; Jan 2011

Offline Fwiffo

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 03 May 2011, 15:24:54 »
Most forums have a zero tolerance policy toward SEO spam and Off Topic areas are usually reserved for contributing members of the forum to socialize or let off steam, not random spammers trying to promote confidence schemes or other nonsense. There are plenty of other forums on the Internet devoted to those sorts of topics.

Offline RiGS

« Reply #109 on: Tue, 03 May 2011, 16:10:47 »
Most forums have zero tolerance policy toward thread crapping.
As I said earlier any related content is welcome in this thread.

Offline Fwiffo

« Reply #110 on: Tue, 03 May 2011, 17:45:27 »
Alright then.

Does Rossi have any explanation for why his device emits no radiation? The nuclear reactions he's claiming would produce very large amounts of gamma rays and neutron radiation. 2cm of lead shielding would reduce the gamma radiation by about a factor of 1/4 (and would have very little effect on the neutrons), but it would still be in the "very lethal" range.

Also, can he explain why the copper and nickel his alleged "spent fuel" has the same isotope ratios as natural copper and nickel? The nuclear reactions he claims are occurring would not produce that result. Why are no radioactive isotopes of copper produced?

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #111 on: Tue, 03 May 2011, 18:11:48 »
Fwiffo, I haven't spent  my life nor the last months following the evolution of this experiment.

But in general I think that *if* it works. Explaining it with the current knowledge is not the right way.

If it really happens is because something of absolutely unknown is going on.

When Volta made its first battery no one had idea about what went on.

Today we have the presumption to think that all is already discovered, all should be explained with the actual knowledge.

Is not true.

Maybe the energy catalyzer is just a well built joke, maybe not, and in the latter case, possibly we have to sudy it for decades before fully understand it.

The other experiment I mentioned, the piezonuclear effect, is not explainable by any known effect, but exist.

It  was not conducted by an obscure sect of underground alchemists, but from researchers of Politecnico di Torino, which is more or less the Italian MIT.

So, how it works ? How is possible that a light element like iron could be transmuted like uranium or thorium ?

No one has a good idea, yet.

So, personally I adopt a wait and see approach.  October is not too far...
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline Fwiffo

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 03 May 2011, 19:23:38 »
I hardly assume we know everything. There are lots of unknowns. We don't really know *why* gravity works, but it does, and we have very precise formulas which predict its effects.

There have been revolutionary breakthroughs in the past, but they've always incorporated existing knowledge and observation. Einstein's relativity was considered revolutionary, but it didn't overthrow Newton. It just refined it. Most of the time Newton and Einstein get the same answer. Most of the time people just use Newton's equations because they're simpler and get the same result. But in Einstein's time we knew they didn't work for certain situations. Newton predicted the all the movements of the planets, except for Mercury, which it got just a little bit wrong. Einstein's equations didn't make the Earth spin backwards; they just explained Mercury.

Nickel and hydrogen are common substances, and humans have been playing around with them for centuries. Over all that time, nobody has ever observed nickel transmuting into copper at low temperatures. We've been observing nuclear reactions for a pretty long time too, and they've always observed the standard model of nuclear physics, including the production of the predicted radiation, subatomic particles and isotopes. There are some some things that remain unknown or unexplained, but those things don't include fusion reactions which magically don't produce radiation.

Rossi's device has all the hallmarks of a fraud (and there have been lots of free-energy, cold fusion, LENR, etc. frauds over the years.) He claims there's a nuclear reaction, but doesn't provide any sort of cogent hypothesis for why one would be occurring, and all the evidence suggests that there is no such reaction going on. He seems to want very much to convince people that he has a working device, but seems to be working very hard to conceal any information that would let someone independently confirm his results.

There are also reasons to doubt Rossi's character. For instance, his supposed engineering degree comes from a diploma mill; not an actual university (source).

The piezonuclear thing is quite different. They're not claiming there is some sort of nuclear process that doesn't produce radiation or the expected isotopes. Quite the contrary - they're claiming they're producing exactly that. I happen to be a bit skeptical due to the lack of reproducibility, but at least they're trying to do science and subjecting their work to peer review.

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #113 on: Tue, 03 May 2011, 19:47:43 »
More than reasonable reply

but

The piezonuclear thing is quite different. They're not claiming there is some sort of nuclear process that doesn't produce radiation or the expected isotopes.

Yes is exactly, not what they claim, what they proofed. Just not nuclear fusion but more traditional fission.

One atom of iron (atomic number 26) is actually broken in two aluminum atoms (atomic number 13) and there is an easily verifiable (and verified) neutron emission.

Not different from the traditional nuclear reaction from uranium, plutonium, thorium and so on in a nuclear power plant (or atomic bomb)

What is not explained is how a so light element can be broken with so low energy.

Uranium is relatively easily broken because it's huge, its atomic number is 234,235 or 238 not 26

Offline Fwiffo

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 03 May 2011, 21:11:20 »
Proof is much too strong a word. I don't like to use the word "proof" at all when it comes to science - leave proofs to the mathematicians. You can provide evidence in support of a hypothesis, and if your hypothesis is supported by the perponderance of available evidence, then it becomes a working theory.

I haven't looked into all the piezonuclear claims in detail (just read the one paper you linked), but there are some obvious shortcomings. First of all, their claim of fission of iron is pure speculation (they admit as much in their paper). They also didn't completely rule out other sources of neutrons. They're using granite, which contains a significant amount of radioisotopes, which will decay and emit neutrons now and then. Many tests will be required to be sure it's not just coincidental background spikes.

Even if they're really getting nuclear fission of some kind from this process, other reactions are much more likely. Iron has the highest binding energy of any nucleus, which is why it's the end product of massive stars and why it's relatively abundant. If it were easily fissioned into aluminum, we'd have a lot more aluminum and a lot less iron lying around.

If they really are producing some kind of nuclear reaction, other researchers will be able to reproduce the results, and so far, that hasn't happened.

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #115 on: Tue, 03 May 2011, 21:27:25 »
Quote from: ripster;341073
+1.  We have plenty of Senior Members that have made zero contributions to the forum.

Damn, at OCN that includes the Moderators!

Hmm, so how many post of zero contribution is needed for Senior Membership?

I truly belive this once there is clear theoretical proof behind it, will take a while still...
So I should add something useless here yes? Ok, ok...
Filco 105-key NKRO MX Browns Sw/Fi-layout|IBM Model M 1394545 Lexmark 102-key Finnish-layout 1994-03-22|Cherry G80-3000LQCDE-2 with MX CLEAR
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dell AT102W(105-key SF) (Black ALPS)|Steelseries Steelkeys 6G(MX Black) ISO-FI-layout|Cherry G84-4400 G84-4700 Cherry MLs

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #116 on: Tue, 03 May 2011, 21:54:22 »
Proof is much too strong a word.

Ok, proof, maybe, is a too strong word but the neutron emission was tested with a very simple neutron revelator gel matrix (it made bubbles visible to the naked eye when hit by neutrons).

So no cryptic data interpretation was involved.

If they really are producing some kind of nuclear reaction, other researchers will be able to reproduce the results, and so far, that hasn't happened.

It's just a coincidence that I both know a nuclear engeneer that was present to the experiment (as guest, he is not involved) and, at the same time i live in one of the 3/4 little countries where this kind of granite (called gneis lamellare) is extracted.

This granite is unique in Italy and the world, although a lookalike material is extracted somewhere in cina (yes they have a bad copy even of some stones :)  ).

Obviously is not a classified material, but if in the extraction zone almost any house  is built or decorated with it, in the rest of italy (and in the rest of the world) it's available only by purpose, by request.

So the experiment could be tried with other similar materials, or planned with the Luserna's stone but not so quickly.

Other than that seem that the piezonuclear effect in general is studied not just in Italy but is often treated as classified and/or military research

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #117 on: Tue, 03 May 2011, 22:06:44 »
Quote from: Ekaros;341314
I truly belive this once there is clear theoretical proof behind it, will take a while still...

I truly believe if it *really* works, the theoretical explanation is often retrofitted.

Look at the tunnel diode for example, it works. The magnetron (the microwave oven's "engine" is based on a tunnel diode, for example), was invented in 1973 and, at the time, no one had a clear theoretical explanation about its working process. Later quantum mechanics was involved, but the whole quantum mechanics is still a debated argument, even today.
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 May 2011, 22:08:53 by The Solutor »

Offline vils

« Reply #118 on: Sun, 08 May 2011, 12:25:45 »
The patent is now online.
It\'s the glass pipe fallacy. You can only believe that if you\'re on crack.

Offline RiGS

« Reply #119 on: Sun, 08 May 2011, 12:35:58 »
Quote from: vils;343362
The patent is now online.

Great!
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 May 2011, 12:50:05 by RiGS »

Offline RiGS

« Reply #120 on: Sun, 08 May 2011, 12:57:21 »
No, it is in English.

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #121 on: Mon, 27 June 2011, 13:40:13 »
I resurrect this thread, as more news in English are starting to be available.

Looks like are good news...

http://nickelenergy.wordpress.com/

Offline RiGS

« Reply #122 on: Tue, 05 July 2011, 15:55:54 »
[video=youtube;uX0vcU4iedQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX0vcU4iedQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

This is ****ing hilarious!

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #123 on: Tue, 05 July 2011, 16:19:06 »
rotfl

Offline RiGS

« Reply #124 on: Tue, 05 July 2011, 19:27:56 »
The funniest part:
Don't worry, you still have time to sell your shares in Exxon-Mobile...

Offline vils

« Reply #125 on: Wed, 06 July 2011, 03:44:47 »
Quote from: The Solutor;368932
I resurrect this thread, as more news in English are starting to be available.

Looks like are good news...

http://nickelenergy.wordpress.com/

A propos this post in the above mentioned blog; Rossi's machine is NOT validated by the Swedish skeptict's society. Hanno Essén is a former chairman of the society, but his views in this matter are his personal opinions only. He has been heavily criticised by a majority of the society's members for his opinions and statements on this issue.

These two threads in the Society's forum might bring some clarification:
Cold fusion ready for production?
Clarify that you're only speaking on your behalf Hanno!
The threads are in swedish but Google translate could solve that for you.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 July 2011, 03:51:45 by vils »
It\'s the glass pipe fallacy. You can only believe that if you\'re on crack.

Offline RiGS

« Reply #126 on: Sun, 31 July 2011, 17:38:06 »
This topic deserves a bump.

Offline bpiphany

• bpiph is a special type of crazy. //mkawa
Re: Rossi's Energy Catalyzer - tested at University of Bologna
« Reply #127 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 01:20:41 »
Any news on this? I was really looking forward to my free energy...