Author Topic: Osaba Bin Laden has been killed?  (Read 14411 times)

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
Osaba Bin Laden has been killed?
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 09:25:23 »
I'm saying very simply, don't bash a religion. Or even religion in general.

That's called "intolerance".

I find it funny how intolerant atheists and agnostics are of religions, yet they claim the same of religions. Pot, kettle, black.

Same goes for the concept of "delusion".
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 May 2011, 09:27:55 by keyboardlover »

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 09:27:32 »
Quote from: vils;340218
I don't belive that. Osama has slipped the net before  and I belive that when they knew his whereabouts they hitted as soon as possible.
For Obama the political risks of delaying an operation for short time political gains would have been to great.
If Obama had postponed an operation and Osama had got away it's absolutley certain that someone in intelligence would have leaked that info to the press. Goodbye to re re-election would have been a minor set-back in Obamas agenda.

Very good points. I take mine out... I no longer beleive it was delayed :-)
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 10:09:31 »
Quote from: IanM;340241
Nice how these threads bring out the best in casual racism, jingoism and conspiracy theories :lol:

Nah, they just bomb abortion clinics, persecute homosexuals and commit the occasional genocide

They must believe they got Bin Laden (not a body double) in order to make the statement, even the stupidest politician will realise that they will look very stupid if Bin Laden appears on Al Jazeera in a day or two holding up a current newspaper or something  to prove that he is still alive

Quote from: Lanx;340242
I agree, now we go after the crazy christians and terrorism will finally be over!

As I wrote in a previous thread where religion got involved: Frank Zappa summarized it very well in his "Dumb all over" song.
Look up the lyrics. Not only they are hilarious, there is also a load of truth in them.

Ben Laden was a dangerous criminal. I whished he had a trial so we can ear what he and his witnesses had to say about the whole thing. The guy sponsored and orchestrated the death of thousands. He only got what he deserved.

But we conveniently shot him in the head and got rid of the body. Who else have we killed in this operation?
We're told no Americans and no civilians were killed. What about bad guys?

Killing witnesses of an ugly story is standard Mob work ethic. But what about it when it comes from a civilized government?

Is someone cleaning the records to make sure there is no laden-gate? We as individuals were also the victims of this terror. Our lives were impacted and the future of our economy shaken. We didn't have the money to finance the response and had to second mortgage our countries.
We deserve the truth and I'm not sure this is what we are getting.
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 10:13:31 »
I want to know if this means that the Geekhack user "Laden" isn't going to post anymore?

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 10:16:42 »
Quote from: ripster;340300
You guys have to admit that Bobby Jindal LOOKS like a Muslim.  The guy on the right is definitely a HHKB user.  I know that Unix Beard anywhere.

ROFL - That's a rather disturbing picture. I don't know the story but can fantasize about it.
"Hello, I'm Bobby Jindal and the guy I'm shaking hand with is my father. Here's my birth certificate. Thus, I am an American."
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 10:52:53 »
Quote from: curzen;340253
nah I think people taking religion too seriously is the root of terrorism

Taking any ideas too seriously is not healthy. Both Religion and Politic have bad records for radical extremists.

I thought even Laden himself was not making it a religious fight. From what I understand (and please correct me if I'm wrong) Laden's goal was to retaliate against US oppression.

The religion was only accessory by mean of endorsement.
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 11:58:06 »
Yep. The navy seals are pretty leet.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 11:59:35 »
Quote from: Lanx;340391
Team Six FTW
doesn't tom clancy write about these guys or something?

Cool link. It gives a slight idea of the process. It's hard to imagine how much technology is involved.
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 12:03:33 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;340408

Pound for pound, I'd be curious to put a French (France) Special Op against a Navy Seal.
But in reality, the French would be outgunned by the US technology.
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 12:12:39 »
Quote from: ripster;340412
One of my wife's friends was married to a Navy Seal.  Would tell us stories about jumping out of helicopter into the sea at night.  Unfortunately a bit of a sad story of a vet having trouble adjusting to the homeland and alcoholism though - that marriage didn't last.

These guys are all adrenaline junkies. It is almost impossible to have a normal life after what they've been thru. This is no Navy Seal story but the The Hurt Locker movie about EOD's depict pretty much the same problem.
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline Lanx

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 12:13:47 »
Oh that's not even fair... I woulda said any other nationality besides French and it would be at least plausible but French? They don't even get featured in video games, cuz if you played as the French it would be
Controls-WASD
Jump-Space
Crotch-Ctrl
Surrender-Esc or secondary (Alt+F4)

Offline Oqsy

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 12:15:09 »
Quote from: ripster;340417
Never happens.  The french one always runs away or surrenders first.

^ I'm with this guy.
[sigpic]Currently in use: Rosewill RK9000 and CH DT225[/sigpic]
"Private misfortunes make for public welfare."

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 12:23:10 »
Quote from: ripster;340417
Never happens.  The french one always runs away or surrenders first.

LoL - I'm not talking about the French military in general. Nor talking about the US marines shooting or nadding their own officers in Vietnam.

Just Special Forces vs Special Forces. I'm thinking Service Action, COMMANDO HUBERT or GIGN. I don't know which one would be the most potent I'm by no mean an expert in the matter.

I simply know, like their US counterpart, they don't just read book about it. They are active and get a **** load of field experience.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 May 2011, 12:34:16 by BucklingSpring »
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline vils

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 12:30:59 »
Quote from: BucklingSpring;340357
I thought even Laden himself was not making it a religious fight. From what I understand (and please correct me if I'm wrong) Laden's goal was to retaliate against US oppression.

The religion was only accessory by mean of endorsement.

US oppression has never been his motivator (even though he later have talked a bit about it, but that seems more to have been PR stunts); he quite clearly have talked about the reason as infidel troops on holy islamic land (i.e. Saudi Arabia). His anti-israeli ire is solely based on the existence of a non-islamic state on former islamic land. He couldn't  care less about the palestinians.
As Nethanyahu put it in the wake of 9/11: "The islamists doesen't hate the west because of Israel. They hate Israel because it's western" (quote from memory).
For a good insight in Bin Ladens  (et concortes) world view I'd recommend  Wrights "The looming tower".
It\'s the glass pipe fallacy. You can only believe that if you\'re on crack.

Offline Jim66

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 12:52:02 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;340408

Pah, everyone knows the SAS are the best..

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 12:59:25 »
Anyway one Finn equals ten Russians ;D
So I should add something useless here yes? Ok, ok...
Filco 105-key NKRO MX Browns Sw/Fi-layout|IBM Model M 1394545 Lexmark 102-key Finnish-layout 1994-03-22|Cherry G80-3000LQCDE-2 with MX CLEAR
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dell AT102W(105-key SF) (Black ALPS)|Steelseries Steelkeys 6G(MX Black) ISO-FI-layout|Cherry G84-4400 G84-4700 Cherry MLs

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 13:00:39 »
In terms of liquor content?

Offline kps

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 13:19:12 »
Quote from: Ekaros;340453

Simo Häyhä skews the average.

Offline vils

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 13:19:52 »
Quote from: Ekaros;340453

I heard a joke from the Winter war: A group of 12 finnish soldiers entrenched in the wilderdness sights a force of a couple of hundred soviet troops. One of the finnish soldiers sighs and says: "It'll take days to bury them all".

Offline vils

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 13:21:11 »
Quote from: kps;340462
Simo Häyhä skews the average.

Iron sights rules.

Offline Lanx

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 13:35:48 »
weaksauce are the brits IMO, all they do is jolly around crumpets and tea and gloss over royals!

if only they did it a few days earlier, ppl woulda said, what wedding?

Offline Lanx

« Reply #72 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 13:43:24 »
My friends at ground zero are telling me there are now lot's of checkpoints.

Offline vils

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 14:05:58 »
I hope this didn't take place on american soil. To grant Chavez visa would be stupid.

Offline DarthBaiter

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 14:55:21 »
Quote from: ripster;340481
Let's take out this guy next.
Show Image

Oliver Stone would disagree with you...LoL
"GERONIMO E.K.I.A."

"Fluke...I\'m yo faddah....come join me on the Dockside...."

Offline DarthBaiter

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 15:38:46 »
Quote from: ripster;340529
Oliver Stone will be on Donald Trump's Celebrity Apprentice someday if his movies don't improve.

maybe a vice presidency?  LoL
"GERONIMO E.K.I.A."

"Fluke...I\'m yo faddah....come join me on the Dockside...."

Offline vils

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 15:53:53 »
Strange how much in common Donald Trump has with Oliver Stone.

Offline Lanx

« Reply #77 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 22:00:58 »
lol ***** ain't gonna get in the way of double-tapping osama.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #78 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 22:40:23 »
Quote from: Lanx;340749
lol ***** ain't gonna get in the way of double-tapping osama.

Jeez... What an horrible thing to say.
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline didjamatic

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 23:04:15 »
IBM F :: IBM M :: Northgate :: Cherry G80 :: Realforce :: DAS 4

Offline What is X?

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 03 May 2011, 00:56:44 »
Quote from: Lanx;340772
it's acceptable collateral damage imo.
sound familiar, terrorists?

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #82 on: Tue, 03 May 2011, 01:36:15 »
Actually the conspiracy theorists may have something going on after all. I was just walking through downtown San Francisco and saw Osama on all fours, giving a bj, with a crack needle in his arm while getting plugged from behind. And he was smiling.

Game Over.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #83 on: Tue, 03 May 2011, 07:19:23 »
Quote from: Lanx;340772
it's acceptable collateral damage imo.

You know what? I agree with you. I did listen to President Obama's speech. He said no Americans and no civilians were injured in the operation.

This was no Bonnie and Clyde couple. I'd like to know technically if she was a terrorist or a hostage.
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline Lanx

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 03 May 2011, 08:46:02 »
a civilian is like the maid or butler, they're just there to do a job, the wife of the number 1 terrorist in the world used as a human shield is really just a roadblock to osama's 72 virgins.

Offline vils

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 04 May 2011, 04:42:40 »
Hitchens makes a good point:
At least we won't have to put up with a smirking video when the 10th anniversary of his best-known atrocity comes around.

Offline speakeasy

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 04 May 2011, 14:34:40 »
Amurrica GIT R DUN. USA USA USA!

YEEEEEE HAWWWWW!
[sigpic][/sigpic]
PiaNoppoo Choc Mini 茶轴

PUNCH THE KEYS FOR GOD\'S SAKE!

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 04 May 2011, 14:54:01 »
US govenment must be used the same autors of "Lost" for this fiction.

No one thinks the final is persuasive.
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 04 May 2011, 15:29:00 »
To me it seems more like an episode of "24".

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 04 May 2011, 15:32:42 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;341722
To me it seems more like an episode of "24".

Yeah, the style is more like 24, but 24 usually has all the tiles placed perfectly, not seem the case here.
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 04 May 2011, 17:29:00 »
Meanwhile, my life is more like an episode of Parks and Recreation.

[video=youtube;mWQlad_rVZY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWQlad_rVZY[/video]

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
    • John Savard's Home Page
« Reply #91 on: Wed, 04 May 2011, 19:24:59 »
Quote from: ripster;341761
No pics of Dead Osama.

I like pics.
I wish Obama had made the other decision, but I fully understand his reasons not to be seen as in any way responsible for provoking the murderous attacks that are sure to come from the terrorists in the future in any event.

In any event, Reuters did obtain pictures of the corpses of four men, apparently Pakistanis, left behind by the mission. Perhaps it's three Pakistanis, and Osama's son - since the woman killed is not included.

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
    • John Savard's Home Page
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 04 May 2011, 21:52:50 »
Quote from: ripster;341816
Edit:  Whoops - the woman was killed.
What the confusion was, is that initial reports said that one of Osama's wives was killed. In fact, it was another woman who was killed instead. At least, that's how I understood the succession of news reports.

Offline Lanx

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 05 May 2011, 09:44:08 »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110505/ap_on_re_as/as_pakistan_bin_laden_69
Lol, Pakistan saying, don't do anymore raids, but we'll forgive you for this one. If anything I've learned that the entirety of the middle east army/police force is incompetent beyond belief, the only saving grace that can even counter my claim is...
when Sayed from lost became an iraqi version of jack bauwer.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #94 on: Thu, 05 May 2011, 10:28:58 »
Meanwhile, the Geekhack member "laden" still hasn't posted.

Suspicions are high.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #95 on: Thu, 05 May 2011, 10:59:20 »
Quote from: ripster;342041
EU has good lawyers.  We have the Navy Seals.

EU SAS lawyers are the fiercest.
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #96 on: Thu, 05 May 2011, 13:22:00 »
Quote from: ripster;342041
Meanwhile the EU is proving very good at issuing warrants at Libyan henchmen.

EU is doing nothing, NATO is doing nothing.

It's just a temporary association of morons and Italy is part of that association.

Offline J888www

« Reply #97 on: Thu, 05 May 2011, 14:01:56 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;340230
That's bull****. Do you ever hear of "radical christians" ....

Regretfully, I have to contradict you on this matter. Yes, I hear of radical Jesuits hiding behind their scholarly studies. Heard of Opus Dei ? The most famous of all, the Spanish Inquisition who tortured before they murdered hundreds of thousands of people in the name of Christianity etcetera etcetera etcetera.
There are radicals in all religions, denying this fact is to be naive.

Before anyone start to flame my comment, I was brought up as a Roman Catholic, me think I may be able to better criticize my own brethren ?

Anyone seen this film called Loose Change ? It maybe a little long winded but it does make One think. Who is to say that it is true or untrue ?

Often outspoken, please forgive any cause for offense.
Thank you all in GH for reading.

Keyboards & Pointing Devices :-
[/FONT]One Too Many[/COLOR]

Offline vils

« Reply #98 on: Thu, 05 May 2011, 14:29:16 »
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. The so called troofers haven't provided that. Islamists had the intent, their remains have been found on the planes and Bin-Laden has bragged about the deed.
If you apply Occhams razor to this it's rather obvious.

Offline RiGS

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 05 May 2011, 14:37:36 »
This guy is clearly the Messiah!

[video=youtube;v4NcuPb4wmA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4NcuPb4wmA[/video]
Last edited by RiGS; Jan 2011