Author Topic: Life After The Clicky  (Read 2508 times)

Offline KillerBee

Life After The Clicky
« on: Sat, 04 June 2011, 20:50:23 »
Sorry guys that I have sort of "VANISHED" but life is crazy, I had met a girl last year in Cozumel never thought much about it up untill couple of months ago back in Jan I made contact with her and we got the talking and stuff again so I decided to go to Mexico to see her again, I did and alls well, went back in March all well again and now went back in April and I proposed her to marry me she accepted and I am getting married next month.

In my several trips lots of things have changed now with the resposability of a future wife and home to take care of most of my hobbies have been sold to pave the way for m new life as I have decided to start a new in the city of Merida in the state of Yucatan in Mexico

My Audiophile Gear -- Sold
My AE86 -- Sold
My Racing Bike -- Sold
My Model M's -- Sold except one (no its not the 1985, that sold)
My Video Game Collection -- Sold except the NES (gotta have something to play!!)

Out of all this I ended up keeping my trusty NES (Nintendo Entertainment System) and one Model M (Feb. 1986)

Will I continue to post? sure! Will I own more Model M's? Maybe, dont know how full is Mexico with Model M's. As far as everything else... Im happy, excited, nervous but above all  I am very decided and very eager to take on this new "Chapter in my Life"

Most of my M's including the elusive June 1985 board is in the hands of SAM along with September 1985 and my Mini November 1987.

I will surely miss that June 1985 board as only I knew how WONDERFUL SHE WAS TO TYPE ON, disregarding what everybody else had to say, do I regret selling it? Maybe just a little but the Feb 1986 does the trick very well and comes very close.

To all thanks for the help, advice and tips on my small stay in the Keyboard collecting REALM

Best Regards

Bryan Garcia

The Last M (Feb. 1986)
IBM Model M 1386304 Nov. 1985

Offline Sam

Life After The Clicky
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 04 June 2011, 22:12:55 »
Congratulations on your engagement!  Hope everything works out well for you there in Mexico.  At least you've still got one M with you.  Don't think too much about that earliest ever M you sold me, rather think about how it's being well cared for by someone else.  I have one of your boards here right now, the May '86 1390120, so I plugged it in to type up this post.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Life After The Clicky
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 04 June 2011, 22:22:54 »
Yeah, dude.  Congrats and forget about us old farts w/ these damn loud keyboards.  If I were you, I'd be in heading somewhere like Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, etc, sipping a cocktail on the beach with the fiancé. lol  Enjoy life while you still can, I always say.
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 June 2011, 22:25:16 by reaper »
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline audioave10

Life After The Clicky
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 04 June 2011, 22:59:46 »
Good Luck to you! You can start over collecting again when you are near retirement. (like me)
DECK Legend "Toxic" - SOLD
96 IBM Model M 82G2383- 95 IBM Model M 92G7453 - SOLD
Cherry G80-3000/Blues
new: MechanicalEagle Z77 RGB/Blues

Offline redpill

Life After The Clicky
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 04 June 2011, 23:36:24 »
You'll be back after you've been married a few years and need a keyboard to drown out the wifey requests aka honeydo's.

^ Current Favorite ^  Topre Realforce 87UB 55g  |  Topre Realforce 103UB 55g | KBC Poker/Browns/Sanded KeycapsDucky 1087 | Filco MajesFoam-2 | IBM Model M 1390131 Feb '87 | Still Love: Microsoft Trackball Explorer x3 | Now Unused:  Microsoft Natural Ergo 4k x2

Offline chongyixiong

Life After The Clicky
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 04 June 2011, 23:41:33 »
Once you're old and retired - maybe we'll see a second coming of Ripster. Heh (just joking)

Congrats on the engagement and I don't see how I'll be able to give up all my gear and gadgets collected once I get married and start a life.
You have the balls of steel dude. I'm green with envy!

Offline curzen

Life After The Clicky
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 05 June 2011, 00:14:46 »
have fun, did something similar 2.5 years ago. Clearing out all the crap I had and reducing it to the stuff I really wanted to keep was quite nice actually.
[ KBC Poker ]

Offline Zet

Life After The Clicky
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 05 June 2011, 00:22:51 »
Congratulations on it and best of lucks for you and your future family!!

Just wondering, what had the audiophile gear? and how much did you sold it for?

Offline Bilbin

Life After The Clicky
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 05 June 2011, 02:53:15 »
AE86... damn...

Godspeed.
Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Blues - Razer Abyssus - PureTrak Talent

Offline KillerBee

Life After The Clicky
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 05 June 2011, 10:15:30 »
Jejejeje, great comments guys and yeah atleast I have one M as I plan to write a book about all this and the experiences leading up to my marrige and up towards the birth of my first born (which probably wont happen anytime soon but.... you never know) so I am going to need that M to let my wife know I am making a book or just simply browsing the web jejejeje

The Audio gear was two separate systems comprised of a CARVER CT-Seven Pre and CARVER M-500 and M-500(t) respectively one was running vintage POLK AUDIO Monitor 10A while the other was running Klipsh CF-1's that will be missed but I know I can build another soon I made about 2.5 Grand selling all the components plus the speakers

The AE86 well this was actually my second one, and if I had two I can greatly get another down the road

Balls of steel? Umm I think I lost them once I rented my house in Merida and right after I proposed, made me realize I am not a kid anymore I have the responsability of a House and Wife now. DAMN you grow up quick! I am only 24 I turn 25 this year

Offline KillerBee

Life After The Clicky
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 12 July 2011, 12:37:28 »
I did my best adding one piece keys to my Feb. 1986 board to try and emulate the feel of the 1985 board, since the 1985 board had one piece keys yet the membrane was thicker or the springs where too new or stiffer since the click was very subdued. I want to see if SAM can post some vids of the 1985 board in action.

In all she will be missed but I know she is in good hands... I know all of you think I am just plain mad! But I stand behind that board that the feel was completely different to all my other M's

Offline Chobopants

Life After The Clicky
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 12 July 2011, 13:40:53 »
Whoa you're only 24. That will be my only comment.
Realforce 87UW 45g - Filco Blue 87 - Filco Linear R - Filco Brown 104