Author Topic: Deck satisfied me NOT  (Read 14463 times)

Offline Mopar

Deck satisfied me NOT
« on: Fri, 17 June 2011, 15:47:48 »
I buy a Deck Legend Toxic linear from the German reseller Active Key.
The price in Germany is 210euro that ar 300$
I Love the Board really the mechanical key switches and the key illumination is outstanding!
The only thing that I'm not happy with, the key caps...
There are 65  key caps with visibly seams on it! Maybe 1 to 5 i could accept without reservation. but so Manny keys.
I connect the German Reseller with the list of keys and some pictures from my boardand there told me this is a normal condition of Deck keyboards.
The only thing there can do is to get me the money back no replacement of the board or key caps.
But i love the board and want to keep it.
So i connect Deck and tell them bout that and they told me the same....
So finally i decided to keep my Legend.
I work as a painter so i get me some black paint pull out all the keys and cover the light seams with it
Now i got a board that is close to perfection, but it is not made by Deck it is made by ME!!!

For all the folks out ther keep that in mind: If you buy a Deck board it is even not close to perfection.
REALFORCE 87UB 45g , Déck Legend Toxic Black\'s , Filco Majestouch Brown\'s , Filco Ninja Tenkeyless Brown\'s , KBC Poker Red\'s , Razer BlackWidow Blue\'s

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 17 June 2011, 15:55:50 »
everyone is entitled their opinion.

i like mopar exhausts
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline Curetia

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 17 June 2011, 16:12:45 »
If I remember right someone wrote in the Deck forum that he used black paint or silicon to hide the light on the gaps. I hope I will be able to do this too if my Deck Legend Frost when it is here.

Offline Larry Dallas

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 17 June 2011, 16:18:10 »
Deck satisfied me NOT
Return it you should.

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 17 June 2011, 16:19:43 »
Quote from: Curetia;362565
If I remember right someone wrote in the Deck forum that he used black paint or silicon to hide the light on the gaps. I hope I will be able to do this too if my Deck Legend Frost when it is here.

I'm getting a Deck Frost too. But they are out of stock on most of Deck Legend until July 1st. 2 more weeks...
Keyboardless

Offline phillip

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 17 June 2011, 16:20:35 »
how about some pictures

Offline Curetia

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 17 June 2011, 16:34:37 »
Quote from: mmmty;362573
I'm getting a Deck Frost too. But they are out of stock on most of Deck Legend until July 1st. 2 more weeks...
But you get yours before I get mine. If i have bad luck i got mine in january 2012 because the person dont get earlier to germany. If I have luck I will get it next month :)

I'm interested in pictures too. If possible before and after painting and a guide for painting will be nice too.

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 17 June 2011, 16:36:22 »
Quote from: phillip;362574
how about some pictures

Keyboardless

Offline theferenc

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 17 June 2011, 16:52:25 »
So, not to be that guy, but you really should have done some homework first. The way the Deck keys are constructed, this is an almost inescapable side effect. Take a look at the wiki, and keep in mind that plastics have a lot of flex, even with tight tolerances.

The common fix is to use some nail polish to seal over the cracks. Just like fixing a speaker cone. Just try to find something that matches your keys.
HHKB Pro 2 -- Custom UNIX layout Unicomp Customizer 101 -- IBM Model M 1391401 (modded to UNIX layout) -- IBM 1397000 (also UNIX layout) -- SSK in UNIX layout -- Model F 122 key in UNIX layout (Soarer USB "native")

CST L-TracX trackball -- Kensington Expert Mouse trackball

Offline Mazora

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 17 June 2011, 16:53:16 »
HHKB Pro 2: black case white keys
Filco Masjestouch v2 / MX-Reds / hard lending pads /Dye-sub keycaps
RF-87UW

Offline Mopar

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 18 June 2011, 06:25:12 »
First, hi to all and thanks for your reply.
@Larry Dallas: funny Yoda talks like me.
@theferenc: I do my homework! Its not the problem that the keys made of two pieces there ar no gap, the problem is that they made the dye-sub printing not over the edges. So the "gap" is only in the printing.
btw. Nail polish, that matches my keys? From the outside? Are you serious!? NO WAY!

So here are some pictures, before https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/IOKtNDmKwJi9mShEbgTa3269g2UXGfGLi1KnlZb29v8?feat=directlink https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/6k3SeDvk34cJFA6T9Oyz4W69g2UXGfGLi1KnlZb29v8?feat=directlink https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/anWpN7lxuWbn2ADIabjDQG69g2UXGfGLi1KnlZb29v8?feat=directlink https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/jIAsRv1L3N1iYxcLR7Cl3W69g2UXGfGLi1KnlZb29v8?feat=directlink https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/YMsCLBsz5TSGF8mPSPMg5W69g2UXGfGLi1KnlZb29v8?feat=directlink, and after https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Xu3NaF-CvTKgxuJGoVl26m69g2UXGfGLi1KnlZb29v8?feat=directlink https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/pNPoLCmdF4vaspqoAOIqy269g2UXGfGLi1KnlZb29v8?feat=directlink
There ar still some keys left with light seams so i have to put a second layer on.
A howto...: Locate the seam, pull out the key, paint it from the inside, putt it back in place, if there ar still light seams repeat the steps.
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 June 2011, 06:53:51 by Mopar »
REALFORCE 87UB 45g , Déck Legend Toxic Black\'s , Filco Majestouch Brown\'s , Filco Ninja Tenkeyless Brown\'s , KBC Poker Red\'s , Razer BlackWidow Blue\'s

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 18 June 2011, 11:06:43 »
How about sharpie?

Keyboardless

Offline theferenc

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 18 June 2011, 11:19:12 »
Who said anything about outside? But the fact is, it won't be entirely opaque unless you slather many layers on. So matching the color of the keys means if light does bleed through, it will be much closer in color to the key caps, and thereby much less noticeable.
HHKB Pro 2 -- Custom UNIX layout Unicomp Customizer 101 -- IBM Model M 1391401 (modded to UNIX layout) -- IBM 1397000 (also UNIX layout) -- SSK in UNIX layout -- Model F 122 key in UNIX layout (Soarer USB "native")

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 18 June 2011, 12:19:28 »
We don't even need a wiki to show how sharpies work.

Offline Mopar

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 18 June 2011, 13:12:01 »
@theferenc: Sorry, thought you mean the outside....:pray:

To put it straight, there are physcal no gap's on the outside or the inside. The gap is only in the dye-sub printing on the clear part of the key. Cover the light from the inside bleeding through is all it takes, so any paint will do the job.
The color doesn't matter exept it should be black. And some water based product with no aggressiv corrosive aerosol.

Offline Mopar

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 18 June 2011, 13:29:00 »
@ripster: I want that key PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
I look real close and i see a price tag that tells me you wannt to seel it.

Offline Mopar

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 18 June 2011, 13:46:12 »
Ok, but please treat her like a lady.
Now i'm on the hunt and some day one of these girll's is mine
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 June 2011, 14:20:27 by Mopar »

Offline Mopar

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 18 June 2011, 14:02:49 »
[video=dailymotion;x1k6qe]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1k6qe_the-temptations-treat-her-like-a-la_music[/video]

Offline The Solutor

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 18 June 2011, 15:20:38 »
Quote from: Mopar;362554

For all the folks out ther keep that in mind: If you buy a Deck board it is even not close to perfection.

Really.

I think the best way to fix it is sold it  off ebay until is new, and buy a Qpad which is now available, or wait for mionix
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline theferenc

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 18 June 2011, 18:44:42 »
Solutor, who actually pays your salary? Deck makes one of the best built boards out there. The only complaint I've ever seen about them is the light bleed, and that's purely an artifact of an engineering choice. One that can easily rectified, at that.

Like them or hate them, pushing these other brands the way you do...it would be nice if you could let off it, eh?

Offline The Solutor

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 19 June 2011, 01:34:05 »
Quote from: theferenc;363098
Solutor, who actually pays your salary?

Usually a fortune 500 company

Deck makes one of the best built boards out there.

I think that functionality is a main part of a well built... anything.

A square stone tire, solid or not durable or not, is not a great thing to use on your car.

Like them or hate them, pushing these other brands the way you do...it would be nice if you could let off it, eh?

Is not hard to understand, when the available products are just A,B and C, if one don't like C, A and B are pushed automagically.

When other brands will be out of the stone age and backlight will be considered an essential part of a keyboard, we will have more to discuss
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline Mopar

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 19 June 2011, 04:49:01 »
@The Solutor: Qpad is pug ugly and the Mionix not available. Both key cap printing's are not that durable as the Deck ones. The also have the ability to be a all-in-one device suitable for every purpose.
If i want a usb hub or audio jacks i get one.
Now i fix it the Deck is a keeper, a  special edition i call it: Deck Legend Mopar Edition.

Offline theferenc

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 19 June 2011, 08:23:10 »
@solutor:
If you think slight light bleed is a break down in functionality, and backlighting is an essential part of a keyboard, well...in the case of the deck, it's purely aesthetic. I had to look quite closely in the pictures the OP posted to even notice. Though, I'm sure if I had just purchased a very expensive item, I would also be quite nitpicky. But it surely does NOT impede its functionality, as you seem to think. Certainly not a "sqaure stone tire". More like a tire whose lettering you think is ugly.

While I won't deride anyone for wanting one, I have never actually used the backlighting on my keyboards that have it. In fact, after the novelty factor wore off, I haven't even turned it on. There are 2 basic reasons for this: I rarely ever look at the keyboard while typing or orienting my hands (that's what the FJ nubs are for) and if you're using your keyboard, the odds are high that you're using your monitor(s). You know, that thing that is basically a lightbulb? I'm sure this isn't true for everyone, but my monitors put out enough light to read by without squinting, so I can surely see my keyboard if I so desire.

Now, there are definitely use cases for backlit keyboards. For instance, for non-touch typists. Knowing nothing about Mopar except that he's a member of this forum and German (the latter is useless for this discussion), the odds are high that he is at least partially a touch typist. I mean, it's a keyboard forum. This is likely the case with the overwhelming majority of our membership. Also, based on the market, I would assume they are useful for gaming as well, but that brings me back to the monitor argument.

Also, admittedly, if you're taking pictures of your computing setup, taking one in the dark with a backlit keyboard does look quite slick. But I really do think there is a reason there are so few mechanical backlit keyboards, and those that are tend to only sell to a specific demographic. It's just one more thing that will likely fail long before the keyboard does. Can you imagine if the Model M was backlit? I know LEDs last a long time, but 25 years? Sure, they would likely still be kicking out light, but they would definitely be doing so at different lumen levels. You think light bleed pisses people off, try non-uniformity. Plus, it just adds complexity to a product for no useful return, assuming the product is used properly.

Basically, I think we shall never "have more to discuss." At least, for the sake of the world, I hope not.

Offline Mopar

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 19 June 2011, 12:27:55 »
@ripster: You made my day. I will connect Fentek and order one but i'm still on the hunt for the original.
One fine day....
And this is not to piss you of like the other guy i've read of this is just for me and the girl.

Offline The Solutor

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 19 June 2011, 15:08:49 »
Quote from: Mopar;363248
@The Solutor: Qpad is pug ugly and the Mionix not available.

This forum sometimes is very funny.

I already seen a chinese guy speaking about the Italians making too many babies. (Italy is likely the western country with the lowest natality ratio, while china...)

Now I have to hear a Deck owner that thinks that Qpad is ugly. :pound:

When a comparison between the look of a Lamborgini and a Hummer ?

If i want a usb hub or audio jacks i get one.

When I speak about functionality I'm not speaking about usb, media keys, audio extensions, not just about them at least.

I speak about the basic functionality of any keyboard, the feeling, and Deck with its flat keys is really uncomfortable.

I got a bl82 whith the same key shape, I find it reasonably good, but I paid it 40 euro, not 200, so I can live with its defects.

But I really don't mind to spend 1.5x the price of an Xarmor/Qpad to use it as a my main keyboard.

Offline The Solutor

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 19 June 2011, 15:41:49 »
Quote from: theferenc;363294
@solutor:
If you think slight light bleed is a break down in functionality, and backlighting is an essential part of a keyboard, well...in the case of the deck, it's purely aesthetic. I had to look quite closely in the pictures the OP posted to even notice. Though, I'm sure if I had just purchased a very expensive item, I would also be quite nitpicky. But it surely does NOT impede its functionality, as you seem to think. Certainly not a "sqaure stone tire". More like a tire whose lettering you think is ugly.

Already replied on the message above to this, I think.

While I won't deride anyone for wanting one, I have never actually used the backlighting on my keyboards that have it. In fact, after the novelty factor wore off, I haven't even turned it on.

So you have discovered the difference, you can turn off the light on a Deck with a touch of a finger, while you need a tank of gasoline and a lighter to turn on a (say) filco.

I think the former option is better.

There are 2 basic reasons for this: I rarely ever look at the keyboard while typing or orienting my hands (that's what the FJ nubs are for) and if you're using your keyboard, the odds are high that you're using your monitor(s). You know, that thing that is basically a lightbulb? I'm sure this isn't true for everyone, but my monitors put out enough light to read by without squinting, so I can surely see my keyboard if I so desire.

My monitor is suspended to a Pixar lamp style arm so is about 30cm (1ft) recessed from the desk border, while my keyboard is in its own extensible tray, also the IPS monitors tend to not bleed light on the side as the cheaper TN ones are used to.

So the monitor lights won't help at all.

Now, there are definitely use cases for backlit keyboards. For instance, for non-touch typists. Knowing nothing about Mopar except that he's a member of this forum and German (the latter is useless for this discussion), the odds are high that he is at least partially a touch typist. I mean, it's a keyboard forum. This is likely the case with the overwhelming majority of our membership. Also, based on the market, I would assume they are useful for gaming as well, but that brings me back to the monitor argument.

I'm sorry but I find the argument "keyboard forum = touch typist audience" the weakest you talked about.

Do you really think that a car forum should be only directed to Gran Prix drivers ?

BTW I use computers since 1982, and typewriters since 1974 or so, so I'm fast, but I'm not a touch typist. Obviously I don't have to look at kb on every single keystroke, but I find still useful to have a reference when I start to type after doing something else, and I'm sure I'm not alone, because I face daily a great number of PC users, because this is my work.

Most of people don't ask for a backlit kb because they are unaware they exist, mechanical or not.

Also, admittedly, if you're taking pictures of your computing setup, taking one in the dark with a backlit keyboard does look quite slick.

My own computer looks good, but I really don't care about the look, although I obviously prefer a good looking and functional computer, If I have to choose between an ugly looking but functional one and a good looking but uncomfortable, i choose the former option.

Can you imagine if the Model M was backlit?

I'm surely will manage to mod one of them, at least with the uv frontlight, will be great.

I know LEDs last a long time, but 25 years?

This requires a long discussion as much of the infos about the LEDs are just misleading, but be sure that a normal working LED will last longer than any keyboard ever built.
Sure, they would likely still be kicking out light, but they would definitely be doing so at different lumen levels.

It depends

It depends on the kind of led (plain or phosphor based), the led quality, the average driving current and so on.

Most of the leds used on BL keyboards are driven at less than a quarter of the power they can manage, so their life will be greatly improved.

Basically, I think we shall never "have more to discuss."

I'm sure you're  wrong.

Just two months ago we had just three BL mech keyboards: Xarmor, BWU and Deck, now we have also mionix, ducky and Qpad, wait one year and you will see how many boards will start glowing...
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 June 2011, 15:47:21 by The Solutor »

Offline BucklingSpring

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 19 June 2011, 17:45:56 »
Quote from: Mopar;362554
There are 65  key caps with visibly seams on it! Maybe 1 to 5 i could accept without reservation.
So finally i decided to keep my Legend.
I work as a painter so i get me some black paint pull out all the keys and cover the light seams with it
Now i got a board that is close to perfection, but it is not made by Deck it is made by ME!!!

This is the single most frequent complain about Decks. Your's without seeing any pictures seams to be much worst than usual. I own two and one of them had your problem, what is also referred as "light bleeding".

I don't know what kind of paint you used. Black opaque nail polish was recommended to me. After more than 2 years, it still hold well.

Enjoy your keyboard.
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline BucklingSpring

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 19 June 2011, 17:50:40 »
Quote from: theferenc;363098
Solutor, who actually pays your salary? Deck makes one of the best built boards out there. The only complaint I've ever seen about them is the light bleed, and that's purely an artifact of an engineering choice. One that can easily rectified, at that.

AMEN! Well put.
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline BucklingSpring

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 19 June 2011, 17:56:56 »
Quote from: ripster;362965
Trying to create multiple coats on plastic with a sharpie is an exercise in frustration.

Black Silicone glue much better.

I use this stuff.

How do you put it to cover only the bleeding area?
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline BucklingSpring

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 19 June 2011, 18:02:45 »
Quote from: ripster;363596
I thought the OP was talking about gaps, not undyed white plastic.
Show Image

That's also what I'm talking about. Just like the top of your S and CAPS on the picture above.
I used nail polish applied with a needle.

I'm curious how you managed to put the silicone in the gaps.
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline BucklingSpring

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 19 June 2011, 18:09:06 »
Quote from: ripster;363600
If it's a gap then a black silicone glue or black epoxy could fill it.  I use black epoxy for guitar work.

Black epoxy is probably the most durable solution... Great idea.

I'm still curious on how you managed to make a clean job. Epoxy is pretty thick.
Again, what "technique" did you use to put the epoxy in the gaps?
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline theferenc

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #31 on: Sun, 19 June 2011, 19:45:33 »
Couldn't you just pull the key, and do it from the underside? I mean, that's where I would put the paint, so I would assume the glue would be the same.

Offline Xibal

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 20 June 2011, 00:02:50 »
Glad I dodged that bullet, would of been out $250+ if bought a deck and on top of that the distributor would of screwed me over if anything was defected. (how i know?, check the deck forums and type in performance-pcs.com)

Offline Mopar

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 20 June 2011, 14:07:57 »
MUUUHAHAHA! The thread i allso post at http://www.deckkeyboards.com/forum/ at the weckend 2 views and 0 replies, checking today my thread is gone.....:pound:

Offline Mopar

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 20 June 2011, 14:16:34 »
@ BucklingSpring: Pictures post#11 - Paint : some water based product with no aggressiv corrosive aerosol

@TheSolutor: Lamborgini and a Hummer ?
Hummer H1 = Deck / YES
Lamborgini = Qpad / NO
Honda Civic = Qpad / YES

Its like noodles256 said "everyone is entitled their opinion"!

@ripster: Dont disappear, ripster for president!
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 June 2011, 14:36:03 by Mopar »

Offline Mopar

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 20 June 2011, 14:31:09 »
Hummer H1 = Deck / YES
Lamborgini = Qpad / NO
Honda Civic = Qpad / YES

Its like noodles256 said "everyone is entitled their opinion"!
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 June 2011, 14:33:12 by Mopar »

Offline Xibal

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 21 June 2011, 00:44:04 »
A honda civic gets you from A to B, spare parts are cheap and available, much more fuel efficient then those above, maybe you the guys here are overcompensating for something

Offline The Solutor

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 21 June 2011, 02:58:54 »
Quote from: Mopar;364154

Hummer H1 = Deck / YES
Lamborgini = Qpad / NO
Honda Civic = Qpad / YES

I mentioned hummer as example of pointless / reversed comparison.

Btw even with the honda civic is still working.

We still have a good locking, reasonably priced, reasonably reliable car V.S. a pointless ugly fuel burner and environmental disaster, which is also damn expensive.

Exactly as Qpad/Xarmor V.S. Deck.

Offline Mopar

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 21 June 2011, 12:11:46 »
...yep!...

Offline BucklingSpring

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 21 June 2011, 12:32:55 »
Qpad/Xarmor = Lada with leather seats, AC and HID front lights.
Still Lada
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline 500_pts

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 21 June 2011, 13:31:05 »
Quote from: Mopar;364154
@ripster: Dont disappear, ripster for president!

*ripster for #1 keyboard expert on the planet. Then when he makes 36,000 political statements he can become president.
REALFORCE 86u | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco TKL| Filco TKL | Leopold TKL | KBT Race

Offline The Solutor

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 21 June 2011, 15:49:02 »
Quote from: BucklingSpring;364758
Qpad/Xarmor = Lada with leather seats, AC and HID front lights.
Still Lada

Still way better than a hummer

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 21 June 2011, 15:51:13 »
Quote from: 500_pts;364812
*ripster for #1 keyboard expert on the planet. Then when he makes 36,000 political statements he can become president.

You have 2 posts. Doesn't count.

Offline The Solutor

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 21 June 2011, 15:57:15 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;364871
You have 2 posts. Doesn't count.

Maybe on the planet pluto two posts are more than enough... :-)

Offline theferenc

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 21 June 2011, 16:34:27 »
You take that back! Pluto is, and always shall be, a planet.

Besides, it's weird that it even happened, considering most actual astronomers were against the idea. Someone, somewhere, with a lot of pull pushed it through over their objections.

Offline The Solutor

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #45 on: Tue, 21 June 2011, 16:37:59 »
Not someone.

Mike Brown.

Nicknamed Death Star (:pound: )

http://technabob.com/blog/2010/12/28/mike-brown-killer-of-pluto/

Offline The Solutor

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 21 June 2011, 17:30:06 »
Maybe some of those jokers  are more concerned about being  good experts about almost anything than the bestest expert about almost nothing... :party:

Offline 500_pts

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 21 June 2011, 17:40:33 »
Just because I only have 2 posts doesn't mean I haven't lurked for a loooooong time. I needed comfort from this site because where I come from, when you try to explain tthat typing on your filco is highly pleasurable people look at you like a looney
REALFORCE 86u | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco TKL| Filco TKL | Leopold TKL | KBT Race

Offline BucklingSpring

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 21 June 2011, 19:40:52 »
Quote from: ripster;364905
And btw everybody knows Pluto is a dog.

He is no dawg
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline The Solutor

Deck satisfied me NOT
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 21 June 2011, 19:46:29 »
Quote from: ripster;364905

And btw everybody knows Pluto is a dog.

At least in Italy where the dog is still called Pluto, while the planet is called Plutone...