Author Topic: The Phantom - and interest check  (Read 57971 times)

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
The Phantom - and interest check
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 07 August 2011, 16:38:21 »
mtl, what keycaps would you use to accommodate the nipple?

Offline Cata1yst

« Reply #101 on: Sun, 07 August 2011, 16:44:08 »
If its a reasonable price im in,

are you going to make the option of letting us bundle in keycaps?

Offline mtl

« Reply #102 on: Sun, 07 August 2011, 16:51:49 »
@litster: Not sure yet, but will have to cut away at the keycaps to accommodate the nipple. See zmurf's pic:

MX13 SpaceSaver | Phantom | Tactoblack Filco -10 | Realforce 103U-UW | Variable Clicky Deck 82 | Deck Legend

Offline N8N

« Reply #103 on: Sun, 07 August 2011, 17:33:06 »
any thoughts on using a "quick stem change" plate design as has been kicked around here before?

stole this from a post in another thread

http://geekhack.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=22587&d=1311861100

that would just make this all kinds of awesome all over.

NB: I haven't actually tried this mod; but once the rest of the stuff I've ordered shows up, I may try it when I change the space bar switch on this WASD I'm typing on (for some reason they used a blue switch for the space bar instead of using a similar but stiffer switch like Cherry does) to see if it really works and if it negatively affects switch stability at all.  If I do that before anyone else does I'll be sure to post.

Edit: it's probably waaaaaay too late to suggest this, but have you given any thought to making the PCB such that it can be used on a Filco 104 as well, with a cut line to hack off the unused numpad area for use on a TKL?  that would be even more awesome.
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 August 2011, 17:55:24 by N8N »
Filco Majestouch-2 with Cherry Corp. doubleshot keys - Leopold Tenkeyless Tactile Force with Wyse doubleshots - Silicon Graphics 9500900 - WASD V1 - IBM Model M 52G9658 - Noppoo Choc Pro with Cherry lasered PBT keycaps - Wyse 900866-01 - Cherry G80-8200LPBUS/07 - Dell AT101W - several Cherry G81s (future doubleshot donors) (order of current preference) (dang I have too many keyboards, I really only need two)

Offline litster

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 07 August 2011, 18:14:47 »
+1 for quick stem change plate design!

Offline bpiphany

• bpiph is a special type of crazy. //mkawa
« Reply #105 on: Sun, 07 August 2011, 22:39:47 »
Quote from: N8N;394786
any thoughts on using a "quick stem change" plate design as has been kicked around here before?

stole this from a post in another thread

http://geekhack.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=22587&d=1311861100

that would just make this all kinds of awesome all over.

NB: I haven't actually tried this mod; but once the rest of the stuff I've ordered shows up, I may try it when I change the space bar switch on this WASD I'm typing on (for some reason they used a blue switch for the space bar instead of using a similar but stiffer switch like Cherry does) to see if it really works and if it negatively affects switch stability at all.  If I do that before anyone else does I'll be sure to post.

Edit: it's probably waaaaaay too late to suggest this, but have you given any thought to making the PCB such that it can be used on a Filco 104 as well, with a cut line to hack off the unused numpad area for use on a TKL?  that would be even more awesome.

The first problem with the quick-stem-change-cutouts is that no-one has done it so no-one actually knows how much space would be required (at least that I know of). There is not a whole lot of space left between the holes as it is and the plate needs to have some sort of stability.

The second problem is that it actually increases the risk of pulling the switch apart when pulling keycaps off. This has happened to me more than once and it is usually a rather catastrophic event in the life of a Cherry switch =P

Making the PCB full size increases the price somewhat and most people here just haven't realized the awesomeness of the numpad (why is beyond me...) and would probably just see it as a hassle to have to cut it off. The full size Filco is also constructed somewhat differently than the tenkeyless. It would be possible to combine those functionalities but I don't think it will happen this time around.

Offline bpiphany

« Reply #106 on: Sun, 07 August 2011, 22:43:13 »
Quote from: mtl;394739
Thanks, PrinsValium!

The hole should be located such that, after key caps are installed, the hole is centered horizontally between right edge of G & left edge of H, and vertically between bottom edge of G|H and top edge of B. zmurf has some pictures of the keyboard membrane and a hole he drilled, to get an idea. Lowpoly also posted some work-in-progress pictures up here of his Guru keyboard, but I can't seem to find them now.  Maybe zmurf, input nirvana, lowpoly, or ricercar (or someone else) can comment on the specific dimensions? I don't have a TrackPoint stick yet to measure it -- perhaps in a week or two.

Here are a couple pictures for inspiration: 1, 2

I really do think it looks like the hole is not half way between the rows, rather offset some distance into the GH-row.

Offline litster

« Reply #107 on: Tue, 16 August 2011, 17:58:35 »
If I want to switch between 1.5 and 1.25 front row setup, is it just a matter of de-soldering and re-soldering switches, or would I need to reprogram the controller as well?  Thanks.

Offline N8N

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 16 August 2011, 19:58:36 »
Quote from: PrinsValium;394934
The first problem with the quick-stem-change-cutouts is that no-one has done it so no-one actually knows how much space would be required (at least that I know of). There is not a whole lot of space left between the holes as it is and the plate needs to have some sort of stability.

Looking at the jar-o-parts(tm) that I have sitting here it appears that the latches for the switch top are only about 1/32" or so deep, so slightly more than that should be sufficient.  But, I haven't actually tried it either.  I agree that you wouldn't wamt to make the slots any deeper than absolutely necessary.

The second problem is that it actually increases the risk of pulling the switch apart when pulling keycaps off. This has happened to me more than once and it is usually a rather catastrophic event in the life of a Cherry switch =P

Eh, for the types of people that would appreciate a quick-stem-change plate design, I don't think that that would be a keyboard killer.  Just sayin'

Making the PCB full size increases the price somewhat and most people here just haven't realized the awesomeness of the numpad (why is beyond me...) and would probably just see it as a hassle to have to cut it off. The full size Filco is also constructed somewhat differently than the tenkeyless. It would be possible to combine those functionalities but I don't think it will happen this time around.

I don't have a tenkeyless Filco, so I didn't know that.   I was just ASSuming that they would be similar.  And throwing ideas out there... I know that not every idea can be incorporated into a design, and I don't expect them all to be... but I figured it was worth throwing out there.
Filco Majestouch-2 with Cherry Corp. doubleshot keys - Leopold Tenkeyless Tactile Force with Wyse doubleshots - Silicon Graphics 9500900 - WASD V1 - IBM Model M 52G9658 - Noppoo Choc Pro with Cherry lasered PBT keycaps - Wyse 900866-01 - Cherry G80-8200LPBUS/07 - Dell AT101W - several Cherry G81s (future doubleshot donors) (order of current preference) (dang I have too many keyboards, I really only need two)

Offline mtl

« Reply #109 on: Tue, 16 August 2011, 20:26:44 »
Quote from: PrinsValium;394624
And what would the exact size of the hole be?
The hole on the Lenovo USB trackpoint keyboard is 8mm. However, there are 3 other holes for mounting screws.  While it's possible to accommodate them between the key switches, these holes are different depending on the trackpoint unit. There are pictures on this forum of trackpoints with 4 mounting holes, for example. So I'm not sure there's a universal set of holes you can drill through (or route traces around) the PCB for all trackpoint units.  However, drilling the main hole where the trackpoint goes through would be helpful, especially on the mounting plate since that hole is harder for people to make (can get away with fastening mounting screws to the PCB, not going all the way through the switch plate).  The center hole doesn't need to be 8mm.  You can get away with as little as 4mm with the parts I have.

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 24511[/ATTACH]
MX13 SpaceSaver | Phantom | Tactoblack Filco -10 | Realforce 103U-UW | Variable Clicky Deck 82 | Deck Legend

Offline BiNiaRiS

« Reply #110 on: Sat, 27 August 2011, 00:44:13 »
Bump to keep this alive. Any new updates? The wait is killing me.
Check out my sales thread.

KMAC 2 w/ErgoClears
KBC w/Reds and Cherry doubleshots in imsto\'s case
G80-1800HAU w/ErgoClears
Realforce 87UB 55g
KMAC Titanium/Winkeyless (in the mail)

Offline bpiphany

« Reply #111 on: Sat, 27 August 2011, 03:17:22 »
Quote from: BiNiaRiS;405850
Bump to keep this alive. Any new updates? The wait is killing me.

Me too!!

I did some more work on the cutouts for the mounting plate. HaveANiceDay seems to think that if it works with Costar stabilizers everyone will be happy. If they also work almost like they they should with Cherry stabilizers that is a bonus (they stabilized keys might be somewhat tricky to remove). I also added the slots for "easy stem swapping". I didn't have a switch handy when I designed them so I haven't adjusted the measurements yet, I was only guessing from memory. I have a spread sheet that generates the KiCAD modules for the stabilizers and other cutouts. So it's a simple thing to adjust them. I'm attaching a dxf-drawing of the ANSI plate. It should be AutoCAD compatible and there is a free program called QCAD that will open it as well.

I would still need more a more accurate description of where the hole for the track point goes. It is not centered between the rows in the pictures I have seen.
Edit: And by the way. Don't expect to fit anything underneath the pcb in a Filco case. There is very little room there...

I think HaveANiceDay have been on vacation, but he should be back..

« Last Edit: Sat, 27 August 2011, 03:24:03 by PrinsValium »

Offline laden3

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 06 September 2011, 22:49:48 »
Bump.
I rrrove brrracks.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 06 September 2011, 23:32:58 »
Mark me down in the interested column too.

Offline bpiphany

« Reply #114 on: Wed, 07 September 2011, 18:00:04 »
Quote from: ripster;412196
Any way to do a stuffing option in case you'd prefer to use Filco compatible keys?  Like the KBCs for example?  Should be just a matter of a few extra pads and mounting holes.  Extra traces might be a PITA though.

I'm more interested in just getting a Teensy stuffable PCB myself.

And I'm not so sure about this applying to Cherry Corps.  The Filco/Leopold main cluster to nav cluster is smaller than IBMs.

Somebody measure their PLU-87.
(Attachment Link) 26081[/ATTACH]

The PCB will be Filco "compatible" in the sense that there will be switch locations in the exact same locations as on the Filco. So a pure Teensy upgrade would be possible using the Filco original mounting plate.

Having switch locations "almost" in the same locations as on the Filco is somewhat troublesome, a little more off is doable, but that would mean a larger PCB, and that would probably not fit the Filco case. So that is a no go.

Mounting holes are really only a problem if they interfere with the controller. Cut traces are not that hard to replace with jumpers. Judging from how confident people around here seem to be about their soldering skills I doubt they would be able to not mess the hole drilling up badly though.

So using the PCB with something else than a Filco tenkeyless case will only be possible if it has the exact same physical layout. And it might require some tweaking still. The PLU looks sort of promising though.

If HaveANiceDay doesn't return to manage this thing though, there will be no PCBs at all.

Offline litster

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 07 September 2011, 18:23:04 »
Where has HaveANiceDay gone?  I see he was last active on GH this morning.

Offline RiGS

« Reply #116 on: Wed, 07 September 2011, 18:32:30 »
At least he didn't run with the group buy money like weipim did.
Last edited by RiGS; Jan 2011

Offline sordna

« Reply #117 on: Wed, 07 September 2011, 18:40:53 »
Quote from: RiGS;412278
At least he didn't run with the group buy money like weipim did.

The pink PLU group buy? Weird. I had a good experience buying a Poker from him in July, and his 26 reviews are all very good. Maybe something happened to him?
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline RiGS

« Reply #118 on: Wed, 07 September 2011, 19:04:43 »
I think they all took the bait.

Offline laden3

« Reply #119 on: Wed, 07 September 2011, 19:59:14 »
Quote from: PrinsValium;412250
If HaveANiceDay doesn't return to manage this thing though, there will be no PCBs at all.

HaveABadDay and die in great remorse... jk...

I believe there are a lot of lurkers who are interested in this project, please keep it alive...
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 September 2011, 21:54:54 by laden3 »
I rrrove brrracks.

Offline BiNiaRiS

« Reply #120 on: Fri, 09 September 2011, 01:56:06 »
Quote from: PrinsValium;412250

What all was he in charge of? I would be willing to help get this rolling distribution-wise, etc.

KMAC 2 w/ErgoClears
G80-1800HAU w/ErgoClears
Realforce 87UB 55g

Offline litster

« Reply #121 on: Fri, 09 September 2011, 01:58:53 »
BiNiaRiS to the rescue!   Yes!

Offline Oqsy

« Reply #122 on: Fri, 09 September 2011, 02:46:35 »
Cool project. Plans for full nkro over usb? (yes, its possible. At least 2 ghers are doing it with teensy / teensy++). I wish I'd hung on to that filco TKL now, i could have swapped in clears and had a super *****in' board!
[sigpic]Currently in use: Rosewill RK9000 and CH DT225[/sigpic]
"Private misfortunes make for public welfare."

Offline bpiphany

« Reply #123 on: Fri, 09 September 2011, 03:21:33 »
It was HaveANiceDay's idea and I still consider it his project. I am going to wait longer than this before I give the CAD files out to anyone else.

I think the problem at hand right now is to find someone to do the plates. So if anyone has suggestions they are welcome. Water cutting from DXF-design files is what I have done previously. I think that any serious machining company should be able to handle DXF-files.

The cherry data sheet specifies 0.012" radii when cutting. The company I used said their thinnest jets give 0.016" radii, which also worked fine.

Offline bpiphany

« Reply #124 on: Fri, 09 September 2011, 03:22:57 »
Quote from: Oqsy;413204
Cool project. Plans for full nkro over usb? (yes, its possible. At least 2 ghers are doing it with teensy / teensy++). I wish I'd hung on to that filco TKL now, i could have swapped in clears and had a super *****in' board!

The Teensy will be loadable with any pre-written code from anyone, or your own. So yes, but probably there will be no such code provided by me or HaveANiceDay.

Offline sordna

« Reply #125 on: Fri, 09 September 2011, 03:38:20 »
6KRO is fine. 18 (leopolds) is almost overkill, I guess useful in the rare occasion when 2 players share the same keyboard and both of them will need to push 9 keys each at the same time. HIGHLY UNLIKELY.

Is full NKRO worth the trouble? Who will use more than 18 fingers on a keyboard simultaneously? One reason I chose a Poker over a Noppoo, is the silly NKRO making the Noppoo finicky with linux and incompatible with macs.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 September 2011, 04:19:52 by sordna »
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline RiGS

« Reply #126 on: Fri, 09 September 2011, 04:22:22 »
Sure, Leopold has the best controller out there.

Offline Oqsy

« Reply #127 on: Fri, 09 September 2011, 09:00:37 »
Soarer has the best controller out there.

Offline Soarer

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #128 on: Fri, 09 September 2011, 10:07:06 »
Quote from: sordna;413218
6KRO is fine. 18 (leopolds) is almost overkill, I guess useful in the rare occasion when 2 players share the same keyboard and both of them will need to push 9 keys each at the same time. HIGHLY UNLIKELY.

Is full NKRO worth the trouble? Who will use more than 18 fingers on a keyboard simultaneously? One reason I chose a Poker over a Noppoo, is the silly NKRO making the Noppoo finicky with linux and incompatible with macs.

What it is that makes the noppoo incompatible, I don't know, but it isn't the NKRO as such. We've examined some of the >6KRO implementations and found a variety of issues - each implementation seems to have a different one somehow!

From experience, I've found that once you go for more than 6KRO, making it full NKRO is more compatible, neater, and easier to implement.

Whether you need or want >6KRO is another matter entirely, and to each his own :-)

Quote from: Oqsy;413255

It's a converter, but thanks! (A controller version will happen at some point, but I don't know when).

Offline N8N

« Reply #129 on: Fri, 09 September 2011, 10:09:53 »
What I've *heard* is that the Noppoo actually reports to the PC as several different keyboard controllers, each with 6KRO.

What I've *seen* is that on Ubuntu, the caps lock LED doesn't work.  My suspicion is that the LED is on a different "controller" than the caps lock key itself.  This seems to be an actual problem w/ Ubuntu, as when I press the caps lock key on the laptop keyboard, the LED on the external keyboard doesn't light up (true for all I've tried - Cherry, Filco, or WASD.)  I did report this to Launchpad and it was marked confirmed, but for some reason I've been unable to log in to Launchpad to see whatever happened to it.

Edit: I assume that this shouldn't be an overly difficult fix for the coders as the panel applet that gives status of the various keys (caps lock, num lock, scroll lock) works correctly.  I installed it on the recommendation of someone here and it corrected an issue that I'd had with my laptop, namely, no status lights on the keyboard (whiskey tango foxtrot?  Stupid Dell.)
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 September 2011, 10:26:20 by N8N »

Offline litster

« Reply #130 on: Fri, 09 September 2011, 10:12:42 »
His profile shows he was just online on gh an hour ago.

Offline Soarer

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #131 on: Fri, 09 September 2011, 10:20:19 »
Your suspicion about the caps lock sounds spot on - I had that at one point, and moving the LEDs to the same endpoint as the keys fixed it.

The other thing that makes life easy for >6KRO is using Full Speed USB - most of these flaky ones insist on sticking with Low Speed to save a few cents :(

Offline sordna

« Reply #132 on: Fri, 09 September 2011, 10:28:41 »
Quote from: RiGS;413222
Sure, Leopold has the best controller out there.

Quote from: Oqsy;413255

Kinesis has the best controller out there, bar none.

Offline RiGS

« Reply #133 on: Fri, 09 September 2011, 10:40:09 »
The rapoo is only 2kro. I have experienced problems with 6kro as well. It is just not enough, and I hate the idea of PS2.
That Leopold 17KRO over USB uber alles.

Offline sordna

« Reply #134 on: Fri, 09 September 2011, 10:42:33 »
Quote from: ripster;413296
The $40 Rapoo has the best controller out there, bar none.

Fully HW programmable without any custom stinking drivers.

Needs windblows software to remap it though. The Kinesis is programmable from the keyboard itself, without any software. You can remap it even while sitting in the BIOS screen :-)

I do congratulate Rapoo though, I wish more folks add this feature, instead of gold plated connectors or camo colors.

Offline Oqsy

« Reply #135 on: Fri, 09 September 2011, 14:58:18 »
Sorry Soarer, converter that acts like a controller in many ways. ;)

woody

« Reply #136 on: Fri, 09 September 2011, 15:21:08 »
Quote from: ripster;413453
This is why the Filco Red Limited Edition I'm typing on spews out so many posts.
Just imagine what an USB 3.0 keyboard could do.

Offline Soarer

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #137 on: Fri, 09 September 2011, 16:35:58 »
Quote from: ripster;413453
I believe the Black Widow just auto sets it at 1000Hz.

I think, though am not certain, that the Gen2 Filcos may be 1000Hz.  This is why the Filco Red Limited Edition I'm typing on spews out so many posts.

I just got round to looking into this report rate thing a bit more - it looks like it is set by the keyboard, and is in milliseconds. Whether the setting can be overridden (by the OS or a util) later, I don't know.

There's a byte in the endpoint descriptor which sets the "Interval for polling endpoint for data transfers". In the PJRC keyboard sample code, it's set to 1mS (and I haven't changed it from that in my code, or even thought much about it before). In the appendix of the HID spec which describes an example keyboard configuration (the classic 'boot mode'), it shows 10mS. I suspect many standard 6KRO keyboards use this 10mS (100Hz) value. The Blue Cube does, for example.

Note that this doesn't mean a report is sent every time the device is polled, it merely gives it the opportunity to send a report.

Presumably this accounts for the claims of "data transfer to maximum" etc!

Offline Soarer

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #138 on: Sat, 10 September 2011, 07:27:43 »
Quote from: Soarer;413282
What it is that makes the noppoo incompatible, I don't know, but it isn't the NKRO as such. We've examined some of the >6KRO implementations and found a variety of issues - each implementation seems to have a different one somehow!

Quote from: N8N;413284
What I've *heard* is that the Noppoo actually reports to the PC as several different keyboard controllers, each with 6KRO.

Quote from: Soarer;413292
The other thing that makes life easy for >6KRO is using Full Speed USB - most of these flaky ones insist on sticking with Low Speed to save a few cents :(

Thanks to polpo, we have had the Noppoo Choc Mini report descriptors since January!

To summarise them: it's a Low Speed device, with two endpoints, each with 8 byte reports. They aren't 6KRO reports, that wouldn't be enough :-) They are mainly bitfields (one bit per key), with the keys divided fairly evenly between the two reports.

The caps lock led is on the first report, and the caps lock key is on the second.

Also, its report interval is 10mS (in other words the polling rate is 100Hz), although that's not relevant to compatibility.

Offline BiNiaRiS

« Reply #139 on: Sat, 17 September 2011, 01:58:24 »
HaveANiceDay!!!! Where are you?

KMAC 2 w/ErgoClears
G80-1800HAU w/ErgoClears
Realforce 87UB 55g

Offline litster

« Reply #140 on: Sat, 17 September 2011, 02:27:36 »
If HaveANiceDay doesn't come back, I hope we can still move forward with this project.  I am defiinitely in for 2, or 3.

Offline Glockateer

« Reply #141 on: Sat, 17 September 2011, 02:31:17 »
I'm interested in something like this, too.

Offline iohcuyk

« Reply #142 on: Sat, 17 September 2011, 18:29:27 »
Me too
i am interested

Offline laden3

« Reply #143 on: Sun, 18 September 2011, 07:31:24 »
Quote from: BiNiaRiS;417579

His mother burned all his keyboards and he is still weeping, refusing to give us a reasonable explanation.
I rrrove brrracks.

Offline bpiphany

« Reply #144 on: Sun, 18 September 2011, 08:12:00 »
Quote from: BiNiaRiS;417579

I have sent him an email asking what's up, and if he wants me/us to carry on with this without him in a managing position.

I could order the PCBs and have them sent to me, distributing boards to Europe from me, and sending a package of all US boards to someone across the pond. They would be manufactured by pcbwing in China and they didn't seem to bother to write a correct value last time. So Swedish sales tax will probably not apply anyhow.

The mounting plates on the other hand, I don't know where to have them produced. I could do it locally here, but then there will be sales tax and I don't know how to and/or have the time to arrange with having it withdrawn on international transfers. If anyone knows of good non-european shops to do the water cutting, speak up!

Offline laden3

« Reply #145 on: Sat, 24 September 2011, 22:41:47 »
bump
I rrrove brrracks.

Offline BiNiaRiS

« Reply #146 on: Sun, 25 September 2011, 03:06:23 »
Quote from: PrinsValium;418075
I have sent him an email asking what's up, and if he wants me/us to carry on with this without him in a managing position.

I could order the PCBs and have them sent to me, distributing boards to Europe from me, and sending a package of all US boards to someone across the pond. They would be manufactured by pcbwing in China and they didn't seem to bother to write a correct value last time. So Swedish sales tax will probably not apply anyhow.

The mounting plates on the other hand, I don't know where to have them produced. I could do it locally here, but then there will be sales tax and I don't know how to and/or have the time to arrange with having it withdrawn on international transfers. If anyone knows of good non-european shops to do the water cutting, speak up!

I will do some research this week on plate cutting. I literally know nothing about it though.

I can do us distro on the PCBs.

Sent from my EVO

KMAC 2 w/ErgoClears
G80-1800HAU w/ErgoClears
Realforce 87UB 55g

Offline BiNiaRiS

« Reply #147 on: Mon, 26 September 2011, 18:24:45 »
I just got an initial quote from a local water cutting place. These plates have a lot of cutting to them so stainless steel is expensive (takes much long to cut it all). Aluminum plates are the most reasonable.

I also talked with a local company that does anodizing. They offer black, gold, red, and blue but the guy I needed to talk to was out of the office so I'll call him tomorrow.

Not sure where everyone stands on anodizing, but I think adding color to the plate will give it a much better look. I would be happy with any of the colors except gold. Apparently blue and red are 40% more expensive than the other colors though so we will have to see.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 November 2011, 09:43:20 by BiNiaRiS »

KMAC 2 w/ErgoClears
G80-1800HAU w/ErgoClears
Realforce 87UB 55g

Offline litster

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 26 September 2011, 18:43:48 »
Thanks BiNiaRiS for taking on this!  $15 seems very reasonable.  Even Stainless steel for $40 isn't too bad for the extra heft.  Would love to know the price for red and blue anoidizing.

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #149 on: Mon, 26 September 2011, 19:14:13 »
Any ideas how much the PCBs would cost?