Author Topic: Sooo dissapoint  (Read 14850 times)

Offline enoy21

Sooo dissapoint
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 13 October 2011, 07:27:11 »
Don't the browns fit the Very light bill and with bottoming out Very loud ?    People say blues are louder , but I find that they just seem higher "pitched" rather than louder. Someone on here I think ( ripster or Keyboardlover? ) actually did a recording with a visual spectrum of the sound waves.

I see what your point is , but sometimes I think that ends up turning people off because it's so drastic.   To me a Brown or a Blue is a great " first Mech" switch.  Then at that point get into some of the others for the fun and extremes.
WASD 104 work
WASD 104 home
WASD 104 [not my style]
Filco MJ2 Ninja 87 [sold]

Offline duncan

Sooo dissapoint
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 13 October 2011, 18:22:34 »
Quote from: enoy21;430047
To me a Brown or a Blue is a great " first Mech" switch.  Then at that point get into some of the others for the fun and extremes.

Totally agree. (Actually completely agree with everything you said but if I comment on everything then this post will go on forever.)

Browns are the MX 'entry drug'.

Once the initial shock of paying $100+ for a keyboard is over and the advantages of a the mech switch is proved ('cause if it is disproved then the person will probably just go back to RD boards) then it is time to try out the other more distinctive switches with browns as the benchmark to refer back to.

Realforce 86UB || HHKB P2 || FILCO MT 87 Blues || FILCO MT 87 Browns || FILCO MT 87 Ninja  Blacks || Poker X Reds

Offline Kamikaze K

Sooo dissapoint
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 13 October 2011, 18:35:48 »
Quote from: enoy21;430047
To me a Brown or a Blue is a great " first Mech" switch.  Then at that point get into some of the others for the fun and extremes.

+1

For me I think Blue's are the starting points... and funny enough, from a few post I've read on here.  The return point as well! I got rid of my BWU blue's and now typing on Black's and though I LOVE the Cherry Black's, I do miss the sound of the Blue's.  Hence ordering the Ducky Shine in Blue's...
FILCO Majestouch 2 Camouflage Tenkeyless [Black]
DUCKY DK9008 Shining [Blue]
CM STORM Quickfire Rapid [Red]
TOPRE REALFORCE 87U

Offline False_Dmitry_II

Sooo dissapoint
« Reply #103 on: Fri, 14 October 2011, 09:32:25 »
Quote from: ashort;429786
That's good input peoples!  I didn't realize there was a contingent out there who actually disliked brown switches.  Obviously I don't understand why you don't like them, because I love them!  

Thank you!

The Solutor's main complaint about them is that they try to have aspects of almost all other switches and then fails to do any of them correctly. In other words an attempted jack-of-all-trades that falls short. That's why he pushes ergo clears so much, because of how much more you're supposed to be able to feel the tactility (I haven't tried those yet, but I'm about to start experimenting with panda clears (using black springs instead) first). I happen to completely agree with him.

I generally like tactility. I've used/tried all sorts switches so far (acers/bs/space invader, so on). In order to feel any tactility from browns I have to type waaay too slowly, and if I don't do that I'd almost prefer they were fully linear because it just seems strange what the result is. I don't even think I'd like linear (I don't like the idea of them at all, but I have not used them. Similar to how I knew I wouldn't like browns to begin with just from all the descriptions I've read. I gave them a fair shot of several weeks and it always just felt off no matter what way I was using it.) boards either. The result is that if I had to choose today a single switch it would never be browns.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin (11 Nov. 1755)

Offline spolia optima

Sooo dissapoint
« Reply #104 on: Fri, 14 October 2011, 12:38:41 »
MX Browns > *

This is coming from a guy who has spent TONS of time with EACH switch.

It's all subjective, but experience counts for something. For instance, if you're buying a car, would you rather trust the opinion of Michael Schumacher or some jerk off the street who prefers bicycles?
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 October 2011, 12:41:00 by spolia optima »
keyboards!

Offline redpill

Sooo dissapoint
« Reply #105 on: Fri, 14 October 2011, 12:40:20 »
Before or after his foray into competitive motorcycle racing?  I don't think he's been quite right since.

^ Current Favorite ^  Topre Realforce 87UB 55g  |  Topre Realforce 103UB 55g | KBC Poker/Browns/Sanded KeycapsDucky 1087 | Filco MajesFoam-2 | IBM Model M 1390131 Feb '87 | Still Love: Microsoft Trackball Explorer x3 | Now Unused:  Microsoft Natural Ergo 4k x2

Offline spolia optima

Sooo dissapoint
« Reply #106 on: Fri, 14 October 2011, 12:42:40 »
irrelevant.

and actually I didn't know he raced motorcycles. I just picked Schumacher 'cuz he's the stig lol
keyboards!

Offline itlnstln

Sooo dissapoint
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 14 October 2011, 12:46:31 »
Quote from: spolia optima;431106
MX Browns > *

And this is coming from a guy with a Model M as his avatar.

Strong recommendation.