Author Topic: [GB] Starcraft 2 Doubleshots Round 2.22 You can (haz) nao. (ORDER THREAD)  (Read 88093 times)

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
Starcraft 2 Doubleshots Round 2.22 You can (haz) nao. (ORDER THREAD)
« Reply #250 on: Sat, 05 November 2011, 21:56:23 »
Indeed you do, I just packed them into your envelope.

As for pricing, until the word is final from SP, I'm thinking ~$4 per key if they will still be produced, and around $8-$10 if they aren't. If they aren't they basically become click clacks lol. Shipping to UK will be the same most likely $10 bubble envelope and $15 flat rate box. I know many of the buyers in this thread bought extras to sell, and right now all of them basically just got real lucky since the resale value of what they bought has almost certainly increased dramatically. Portal keysets... lol. The question is how much is someone willing to pay for one of the 100 sets made when there are 7, maybe 8 left for sale. $50? $60? If a tri-color click clack can go for that... *shrug*

I was going to wait until I made the leftovers for sale threads to release that info but I said I'd update you guys today and I'm probably not going to get to that tonight. Several hours of packing boxes and I've still got tons to do. By the way these flat rate boxes are overkill on size, I'm definitely offering bubble mailers for the US in my next GB. They'll probably be like $5 instead of $6, but seriously with the amount of packing I have to stuff in these boxes so they don't have to move around when someone only bought 4 keys is ridiculous. There will be a couple of US buyers who only bought a couple of keys that get bubble mailers because I didn't get enough boxes and the bubble mailers honestly protect that few of keys better since they just don't move around.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #251 on: Sat, 05 November 2011, 22:01:28 »
Quote from: Ragnorock;446467
Indeed you do, I just packed them into your envelope.

As for pricing, until the word is final from SP, I'm thinking ~$4 per key if they will still be produced, and around $8-$10 if they aren't. If they aren't they basically become click clacks lol. Shipping to UK will be the same most likely $10 bubble envelope and $15 flat rate box. I know many of the buyers in this thread bought extras to sell, and right now all of them basically just got real lucky since the resale value of what they bought has almost certainly increased dramatically. Portal keysets... lol. The question is how much is someone willing to pay for one of the 100 sets made when there are 7, maybe 8 left for sale. $50? $60? If a tri-color click clack can go for that... *shrug*

I was going to wait until I made the leftovers for sale threads to release that info but I said I'd update you guys today and I'm probably not going to get to that tonight. Several hours of packing boxes and I've still got tons to do. By the way these flat rate boxes are overkill on size, I'm definitely offering bubble mailers for the US in my next GB. They'll probably be like $5 instead of $6, but seriously with the amount of packing I have to stuff in these boxes so they don't have to move around when someone only bought 4 keys is ridiculous. There will be a couple of US buyers who only bought a couple of keys that get bubble mailers because I didn't get enough boxes and the bubble mailers honestly protect that few of keys better since they just don't move around.
The amount of these floating around compared to clack factory is not even comparable lol Let's not extragrate now

Not only that a Clack skull is FARRR nicer then anything SP will ever produce in terms of quality ;p these will never reach the heights of Click Clack's
Keyboardless

Offline RColinTaylor

« Reply #252 on: Sat, 05 November 2011, 22:03:47 »
Quote from: tsangan;446471
The amount of these floating around compared to clack factory is not even comparable lol Let's not extragrate now

Not only that a Clack skull is FARRR nicer then anything SP will ever produce in terms of quality ;p these will never reach the heights of Click Clack's

I will sell my children for Click Clacks.
I like my Browns more than my Blues.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #253 on: Sat, 05 November 2011, 22:06:34 »
Quote from: RColinTaylor;446473
I will sell my children for Click Clacks.
You heard it here first! lol

But in all honestly the quality of these clickclack keycaps are sooooooo nice it reminds of the vintage cherry keycaps, nice and thick ;)
Keyboardless

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #254 on: Sat, 05 November 2011, 22:20:30 »
I'd trade a tri color Click Clack for a portal keyset no questions asked lol. That's cool that they're thick and all, but when you compare the sum of the awesome in the Portal keyset with one Click Clack... imo Portal comes out well ahead.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #255 on: Sat, 05 November 2011, 22:23:13 »
I would do that trade in reverse in any given day, carved keycap > dyesub ;D
Keyboardless

Offline Kisakuku

« Reply #256 on: Sat, 05 November 2011, 22:23:14 »
Quote from: Ragnorock;446483
I'd trade a tri color Click Clack for a portal keyset no questions asked lol. That's cool that they're thick and all, but when you compare the sum of the awesome in the Portal keyset with one Click Clack... imo Portal comes out well ahead.

I don't think you're hyping your product enough.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #257 on: Sat, 05 November 2011, 22:25:49 »
I really don't get the insane desire for the Click Clack keys anyway, other than the fact that they're rare.  I think they look cheesy.

Offline Kisakuku

« Reply #258 on: Sat, 05 November 2011, 22:28:44 »
Quote from: hashbaz;446489
I really don't get the insane desire for the Click Clack keys anyway, other than the fact that they're rare.  I think they look cheesy.

Yes, mine even smell cheesy.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #259 on: Sat, 05 November 2011, 22:31:38 »
They probably 8 pool every game.

BOOM!

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #260 on: Sat, 05 November 2011, 22:42:57 »
No, I didn't order any click clack keys at all.  No at $20+ each + shipping.  I feel no affliation to it and it is not a popular brand.  I don't get their value.  But kudos to click clack for finding a good business.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #261 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 00:50:47 »
Quote from: Kisakuku;446488
I don't think you're hyping your product enough.

HYPE HYPE HYPE!
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 31005[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 31006[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 31007[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 31008[/ATTACH]
Lol.
So as promised here are some more pictures of only a very small portion of the SC2 keycaps. After seeing just how many there really was there was no way I was going to fit them all on my table.
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 31003[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 31004[/ATTACH]

GH Approves?

Offline jinhan108

« Reply #262 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 02:21:58 »
Can't wait to get them!!

Offline kingqway

« Reply #263 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 02:44:54 »
Wow the portal keys look incredible... Which I had the budget to buy them :(
Oh well, I am happy about the SC2 keycaps. I'll be selling them at 100$ each if anyone's interested. K-Thx.
Das Professional Silent || White Filco TKL MX Blue || Leopold FC500R MX Brown

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #264 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 02:52:23 »
Quote from: Ragnorock;446545
HYPE HYPE HYPE!
(Attachment Link) 31005[/ATTACH] (Attachment Link) 31006[/ATTACH] (Attachment Link) 31007[/ATTACH] (Attachment Link) 31008[/ATTACH]
Lol.
So as promised here are some more pictures of only a very small portion of the SC2 keycaps. After seeing just how many there really was there was no way I was going to fit them all on my table.
(Attachment Link) 31003[/ATTACH] (Attachment Link) 31004[/ATTACH]

GH Approves?

The key caps really look great!

Are those Portal keys from SP? I miss the cut mark (or what it was called) at the bottom front.

Abd: Is it really true that SP will not make the Starcraft keys again?
Buy key caps here: Round 5
Buy switches here: CherryMX

Offline zirb

« Reply #265 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 04:18:25 »
dat sexy keys!! :)

Offline KoolAidMan

« Reply #266 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 04:49:45 »
Quote from: Ragnorock;446545
HYPE HYPE HYPE!
(Attachment Link) 31005[/ATTACH] (Attachment Link) 31006[/ATTACH] (Attachment Link) 31007[/ATTACH] (Attachment Link) 31008[/ATTACH]
Lol.
(Attachment Link) 31003[/ATTACH] (Attachment Link) 31004[/ATTACH]

GH Approves?

Awesome awesome awesome

Again, thanks so much for running these group buys. The keys look excellent and everything was very smooth, kudos

Offline Mysteric

• Formerly 'Mackem'
« Reply #267 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 06:26:14 »
So if anyone is willing to sell 2 Protoss modifiers to me at reasonable price + shipping to UK, please PM me.

Offline godofdeath

« Reply #268 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 14:12:52 »
wow wowow shoulda gotten portal ones as well

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #269 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 17:09:03 »
So... boxes.

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 31104[/ATTACH]

So I'm not entirely sure how accurate SP really is with their counts of keycaps. I'm going to be double checking every box just to be sure, but right now I'm short 6 Terran Esc and 3 Random Esc, and have the right number if not more of the rest...

Offline RColinTaylor

« Reply #270 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 17:09:43 »
Quote from: Ragnorock;446900
So... boxes.

(Attachment Link) 31104[/ATTACH]

So I'm not entirely sure how accurate SP really is with their counts of keycaps. I'm going to be double checking every box just to be sure, but right now I'm short 6 Terran Esc and 3 Random Esc, and have the right number if not more of the rest...

You should look for the missing keys under your desk.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #271 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 17:10:10 »
I already grabbed that one. :P

Offline RColinTaylor

« Reply #272 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 17:10:52 »
Quote from: Ragnorock;446902
I already grabbed that one. :P

Good; don't want to leave $3.4m under your computer; those keys are worth more than gold.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #273 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 17:12:33 »
This does not bode well.  SP screwed up with the Terran keys before...

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #274 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 17:17:36 »
Don't worry guys, that picture is of everyone's orders already sorted and accounted for. I was very meticulous in doing it so there shouldn't be any errors... and that's before I double check them as I put addresses on them.

The counts are just... off.

Offline RColinTaylor

« Reply #275 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 17:30:06 »
Quote from: Ragnorock;446907
Don't worry guys, that picture is of everyone's orders already sorted and accounted for. I was very meticulous in doing it so there shouldn't be any errors... and that's before I double check them as I put addresses on them.

The counts are just... off.

You are counting the keys that you already gave to me, right?

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #276 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 17:31:39 »
Ofc.

Offline RColinTaylor

« Reply #277 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 17:32:33 »
And the ones on your keyboard?

Offline Mr.Zergling

« Reply #278 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 19:12:28 »
If they are shipped tomorrow there's a good chance I'll get mine on Tuesday (I live in Issaquah ;D)

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #279 on: Mon, 07 November 2011, 03:46:07 »
... Done packing boxes. A few envelopes left but that's about it. I never found even 1 of the 6 missing Terran keys, but I did catch a couple of mistakes. Everything was triple checked so I highly doubt there are any remaining errors. Please don't try and be a scumbag Steve and tell me you didn't get all of your order. ¬.¬

I ran out of packing peanuts towards the end so there are about 10-15 that didn't get any, and many that only got a handful... but they're abs/pbt plastic keycaps in a cardboard box. Considering you can step on these with no harm done, I'm pretty sure they'll be fine. I did put everything in ziplock bags though. :)

Thanks everyone for participating and I hope everyone is excited to get them, they're as good as you're hoping if not better... and now they're the last of their kind so hoard them like its a TLC documentary!

Dave out.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #280 on: Mon, 07 November 2011, 04:44:17 »
Thanks for all your work in doing another round of these. If they had been left to R4 I suppose SP's trademark concerns would have nixed them.

It's lame that there will be no more of these but at least we got two good runs.

Offline zirb

« Reply #281 on: Mon, 07 November 2011, 07:37:51 »
Ragnarock you're the man! Thanks for all the effort and the teasing/fun you brought with this thread =D

Offline Inverted

« Reply #282 on: Mon, 07 November 2011, 15:12:50 »
Thank you :D
Keyboard: Ducky DK9000,  SteelSeries 6gv2
Mice: Razer Deathadder White, Logitech MX518

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #283 on: Mon, 07 November 2011, 15:18:16 »
David-
The sublimated keys are not as big of a concern as they are not direct logos from another company like many of the starcraft images we have been dealing with. In good conscience, the 2-shot parts will need to be a last time buy.
Thanks for checking!

Melissa Petersen
Signature Plastics LLC

E: mpetersen@solutionsinplastic.com
P: 360.366.5044 ext. 400 | F: 360.366.3848
http://www.solutionsinplastic.com | http://www.keycapsdirect.com

There you have it folks. As I feared, these are the last of their kind. It seems that Portal keys may still be produced, but that's the only good news.

I'll be posting a leftovers for sale thread soonish as I recover from all the GB work from the stuff going out today.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #284 on: Mon, 07 November 2011, 15:35:33 »
Btw I should remind everyone that I have been planning on shipping all of the Canadian orders while in Canada, which isn't happening till next weekend... if the cost is the same or less than the $8 I charged to mail it from the US, then I suppose I could do it today, but odds are it'll spend a week in customs anyways and thats what I wanted to avoid. SP delivered early which was nice... for everyone else.

Offline KoolAidMan

« Reply #285 on: Mon, 07 November 2011, 19:01:54 »
Quote from: Ragnorock;447508
There you have it folks. As I feared, these are the last of their kind. It seems that Portal keys may still be produced, but that's the only good news.

I'll be posting a leftovers for sale thread soonish as I recover from all the GB work from the stuff going out today.

Sad face for people who were planning on getting SC2 keys with Group Buy 4 and skipped on this. Oh well, at least we know these keys are even more valuable than before.

Can't wait to get mine. :)

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #286 on: Mon, 07 November 2011, 19:27:20 »
Alright guys, with the exception of the Canadians, everything has been shipped out! I wish you guys could have seen it. I walked in with ~125 packages and everyone was like lolwtf. An hour later after filling out god knows how many customs forms I walk out of there significantly poorer and everyone's stuff should be there in 15 business days or less... probably like 2-5 days for US and the only potentially long ones are the international bubble mailers. The receipt is about 30 ft long! Rofl.

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #287 on: Mon, 07 November 2011, 19:30:42 »
Quote from: Ragnorock;447665
Alright guys, with the exception of the Canadians, everything has been shipped out! I wish you guys could have seen it. I walked in with ~125 packages and everyone was like lolwtf. An hour later after filling out god knows how many customs forms I walk out of there significantly poorer and everyone's stuff should be there in 15 business days or less... probably like 2-5 days for US and the only potentially long ones are the international bubble mailers. The receipt is about 30 ft long! Rofl.

POP SOME CHAMPAGNE ITS TIME TO PARTY~

Rag, grats on getting so many packages done. Good work. Can't wait for them.
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline zulios

« Reply #288 on: Tue, 08 November 2011, 01:51:02 »
Thanks a lot, I'll look forward to receiving them !

Tipro matrix - mx black

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #289 on: Tue, 08 November 2011, 01:59:03 »
I'm still worried I screwed something up even though I utilized my OCD to the fullest in keeping everything organized, I swear if any of these gets lost in the mail I'm going to be pretty upset. Mailing that many packages there's going to be something that comes up but hell, I'm pretty sure it doesn't get much more thought out than this.

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #290 on: Tue, 08 November 2011, 02:03:28 »
Kickass!  From Pullman, WA to Redmond, WA it should be here in 2 days if not 1.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #291 on: Tue, 08 November 2011, 02:04:30 »
I certainly hope so. My Realforce is making basically the same trip and it doesn't get here till Thursday. :/

Offline Clickey

« Reply #292 on: Tue, 08 November 2011, 08:05:20 »
:love: Thanks a lot Rag, I am so glad I got in on this before they stopped making them and it is all thanks to you! :cheer2:
"we are on Geekhack not Lazy****" - The Solutor

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #293 on: Tue, 08 November 2011, 08:15:16 »
Quote from: Ragnorock;447508

Understood.

I will remove them from my list.

R.I.P. SC*
:schnief:
Buy key caps here: Round 5
Buy switches here: CherryMX

Offline NguyenAdam

« Reply #294 on: Tue, 08 November 2011, 17:11:44 »
Wow man, thanks for all you have done! Unfortunately, this is the last SC2 group buy. :(

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #295 on: Tue, 08 November 2011, 17:30:34 »
So question for everyone. If you've only got a handful of leftovers and they're the last of their kind, what would you set the price of them at? I don't mean to gouge, but I've been mulling over what to set these at for days now and some input would be helpful. I do know that there are a lot of people that still want them and I'm in no rush to dump them now for quick money.

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #296 on: Tue, 08 November 2011, 17:36:46 »
Quote from: Ragnorock;448222
So question for everyone. If you've only got a handful of leftovers and they're the last of their kind, what would you set the price of them at? I don't mean to gouge, but I've been mulling over what to set these at for days now and some input would be helpful. I do know that there are a lot of people that still want them and I'm in no rush to dump them now for quick money.

I'm looking for $10+ for my spare zerg key. I'm gonna wait it out till I can get my price. hahahahaha

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #297 on: Tue, 08 November 2011, 19:08:40 »
Yeah I'm thinking $8 for esc and $8.50 for mods and when they're gone they're gone.

Offline dimoniy

« Reply #298 on: Tue, 08 November 2011, 20:45:52 »
I hope for ~$2000 a piece in 20 years. Yay for long term investment! Screw 401k!
Tt eSPORTS MEKA G1 | Das S Pro Silent | Leopold FC500RR/AB
All of them full-size. I love my numpad!

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #299 on: Tue, 08 November 2011, 20:49:16 »
Quote from: dimoniy;448328
I hope for ~$2000 a piece in 20 years. Yay for long term investment! Screw 401k!

I'm not sure that it works that way...