Author Topic: Phantom Custom Keyboard Group Buy (CLOSED)  (Read 351734 times)

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
Phantom Custom Keyboard Group Buy (CLOSED)
« Reply #1550 on: Fri, 24 February 2012, 22:45:37 »
Hi.  Coming along okay.  We have some of them ordered (teensy, pin headers). The late orders, late payments, non payments, and late order changes slowed us down because we have to keep updating the order list.  Bad.  BiNiaRiS and I will get most of the rest parts ordered this weekend.  Switches will still have to wait for 7bit closes his group buy.

At least now I have 7bit on my IM so I can chat with him, if he is online.

Offline litster

« Reply #1551 on: Fri, 24 February 2012, 22:56:58 »
Probably.  I still have to make another 40 pieces of 7x Costar stabilizer bars.  I could be the long pole.  If you ordered switches with your other Phantom parts, they will be shipped together, not separately.  If you didn't order switches with your other Phantom parts, then it will depend on how the shipping process is organized by BiNiaRiS and 7bit.  They could choose to ship out whatever is ready to ship out first, or they could choose to ship them all together because that is how they sort the parts and ship.  Batching is always easier to manage and faster overall than doing them separately.

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #1552 on: Fri, 24 February 2012, 22:58:27 »
Quote from: litster;524978
Probably.  I still have to make another 40 pieces of 7x Costar stabilizer bars.  I could be the long pole.  If you ordered switches with your other Phantom parts, they will be shipped together, not separately.  If you didn't order switches with your other Phantom parts, then it will depend on how the shipping process is organized by BiNiaRiS and 7bit.  They could choose to ship out whatever is ready to ship out first, or they could choose to ship them all together because that is how they sort the parts and ship.  Batching is always easier to manage and faster overall than doing them separately.

So can I add more switches...?
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline litster

« Reply #1553 on: Fri, 24 February 2012, 23:00:35 »
you do bank transfer with 7bit directly, right?  I think he is still taking payments.  Paypal to BiNiaRiS will drive him and I up the walls.  :-)

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #1554 on: Fri, 24 February 2012, 23:06:35 »
Quote from: litster;524984
you do bank transfer with 7bit directly, right?  I think he is still taking payments.  Paypal to BiNiaRiS will drive him and I up the walls.  :-)

I paypal'd so I'll leave it. I'm sure there is someone who has extras. Or I could grab them elsewhere, no problems.

Offline Kisakuku

« Reply #1555 on: Fri, 24 February 2012, 23:13:06 »
Well, the problem is 7Bit now has MXWHITE switches in there, which were not available prior to payment deadline. I'd like to try some out, but don't want to drive anybody up the wall either.

Offline litster

« Reply #1556 on: Fri, 24 February 2012, 23:16:36 »
:frusty:

How many of you want to add to orders?

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #1557 on: Fri, 24 February 2012, 23:19:28 »
Quote from: litster;525038
:frusty:

How many of you want to add to orders?

Instead, can we take off some items? I realized the 7bit plate is not practical for a case or keycaps :(. I bought 2 plates, would like to take off the 7bit one if possible.

Offline litster

« Reply #1558 on: Fri, 24 February 2012, 23:20:48 »
Add, not minus or change.

Offline litster

« Reply #1559 on: Fri, 24 February 2012, 23:37:07 »
Sorry, I was being a jerk.  The thing is, the switch group buy and the Phantom are tied at the hip for better or worse.  The Phantom group buy is locked.  We are not Amazon with an inventory system and can make order changes on the fly.  Even with Amazon you can't change your orders after it is in production.  We are in production.  It is just that our production period is longer.  There are a lot of things to sort out behind the scene.  We already ordered some parts.  It is a real pain to keep changing the order list and keeping track of money coming in and out *after* it is closed.  The only other option is to cancel your order and we give you a refund.  We can't keep letting people change their orders to no end.

Sorry.

Offline Kisakuku

« Reply #1560 on: Fri, 24 February 2012, 23:47:18 »
I completely understand that the Phantom GB is locked. I was only asking about the switches and only because I can't pay 7bit directly. No biggie though.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #1561 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 00:19:23 »
fwiw i am 100% set and anxiously awaiting parts delivery

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1562 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 03:11:00 »
Wait, white switches?  Don't tell me to RTFW.

Offline fruktstund

• !
« Reply #1563 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 05:07:14 »
Quote from: hashbaz;525303
Wait, white switches?  Don't tell me to RTFW.

It's as if these have just sprung out of nowhere really. Saw a thread (this one) over at Deskthority the other day and was quite surprised as I'd read the day before that these had gone out of production in 1987.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1564 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 06:30:26 »
Thanks for the link!

Another kind of clicky switch?  Do want.  This is kind of a big deal ... I'm willing to drive Bini up the wall to get these.  7bit/litster, instructions?  Should I just PM Phantom again, or order through Deskthority?

Offline dirge

« Reply #1565 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 07:21:11 »
Quote from: litster;525085
Sorry, I was being a jerk.  The thing is, the switch group buy and the Phantom are tied at the hip for better or worse.  The Phantom group buy is locked.  We are not Amazon with an inventory system and can make order changes on the fly.  Even with Amazon you can't change your orders after it is in production.  We are in production.  It is just that our production period is longer.  There are a lot of things to sort out behind the scene.  We already ordered some parts.  It is a real pain to keep changing the order list and keeping track of money coming in and out *after* it is closed.  The only other option is to cancel your order and we give you a refund.  We can't keep letting people change their orders to no end.

Sorry.

I totally understand, if anyone cancels an order I'll have it :)

also bring on Phantom 2! lol
Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #1566 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 08:34:31 »
we can just order some from keyboardco, dunno if there's a MOQ for it though, I believe sixty got his there
Keyboardless

Offline Autolyze

« Reply #1567 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 08:51:58 »
Does anyone feel like putting together a separate white switch GB? I'm sure there would be a number of takers. I don't suppose The Keyboard Company offers discounts for bulk orders?

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #1568 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 09:41:41 »
Quote from: Autolyze;525422
Does anyone feel like putting together a separate white switch GB? I'm sure there would be a number of takers. I don't suppose The Keyboard Company offers discounts for bulk orders?

Just send a meassage to Phantom and order MXWHITE.

Price is not fixed at the moment, so please wait a bit for paying it, until we reached around 1000 orders.

Do not order Phantom parts. Orders are closed.

But switches can still be ordered!
Buy key caps here: Round 5
Buy switches here: CherryMX

Offline dirge

« Reply #1569 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 09:51:55 »
7bit, take it my additions got rejected? :(
Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1570 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 09:54:22 »
Quote from: 7bit;525451
Just send a meassage to Phantom and order MXWHITE.

Price is not fixed at the moment, so please wait a bit for paying it, until we reached around 1000 orders.

Do not order Phantom parts. Orders are closed.

But switches can still be ordered!

You are awesome.  Thanks for jumping on the white switches!

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #1571 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 10:04:50 »
Quote from: dirge;525466
7bit, take it my additions got rejected? :(

What did you order?

Offline dirge

« Reply #1572 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 10:50:56 »
pm'd you mate :)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #1573 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 14:16:14 »
i thew in an order for whites, but i'm waiting for more information on what the force curve and feel for these are -- if they're just blues with clear springs, i'm not so excited.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline captain

« Reply #1574 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 23:26:41 »
Cherry doesn't seem to acknowledge their existence.
http://www.cherrycorp.com/english/switches/key/mx.htm
Welcome to geekhack -- where we like to type -- but don't care so much about reading.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #1575 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 23:55:01 »
this just means that no one's sent the technical documentation to the marketing folks though. clearly, they exist, and if they exist, we can measure them

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1576 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 00:20:08 »
Quote from: mkawa;526346
this just means that no one's sent the technical documentation to the marketing folks though. clearly, they exist, and if they exist, we can measure them

This thread has some good info, though it is confusing and contradictory.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #1577 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 00:48:55 »
7bit calls them albino greens, someone says they are mushy, sixty says some nonsense in chinese, and there's something in german about cracking mushrooms (wat). someone take a caliper out and measure the pertinent bits of the key stem. at the very least someone take a series of comparison photos with blue, green and white stems against a metric ruler for each axis...

Offline digitalleftovers

« Reply #1578 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 14:44:34 »
Actuation force    65 ± 20 cN apx.
Pressure point force    80 ± 20 cN

Thats what I noticed quoted for the 'New' whites at DT, but it also sounds like there are variants beyond this.  Someone needs to provide specs from the supplier, or people will just be speculating until they arrive.
Keyboards:
Filco 104 MX Brown (Otaku) - FKBN104M/NPEK 黒い空
Ducky TKL MX Brown/Blue 80% (White) - 1087-F 白の空
KBC Poker MX Red with PBT Key Caps - PFCN6000

"Consumers use touch screens.  Producers use keyboards."

Offline Dezeer

« Reply #1579 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 14:10:07 »
I just got an email that incorrectly says that I would need to pay even as it shows the payment amount:

Code: [Select]
Order-ID        |Description                                | Price|Qty|Pcs|  Total
MXBROWN         |MX brown plate mount switch (0.45 EUR)     |  0.60|100|100|  60.00
PHISOWINCLEARKIT|Teensy/PCB/ISOWin plate/MX clear with stabs|136.00|  2|  2| 272.00
PHISOWINREDKIT  |Teensy/PCB/ISOWin plate/MX red with stabs  |136.00|  1|  1| 136.00
SHIPEU          |Shipping costs within EU(17 EUR)           | 22.00|  1|  1|  22.00
Sum             |before fees                                |      |   |104| 490.00
PAYEUR          |EUR bank payment                           |    0%|   |   |   0.00
Total           |                                           |      |   |104| 490.00
Payments        |                                           |      |   |   |-490.00
Amount Due      |                                           |      |   |   | 490.00

Edit: and another one
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 February 2012, 14:43:37 by Dezeer »

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #1580 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 14:52:09 »
Quote from: Dezeer;529618
I just got an email that incorrectly says that I would need to pay even as it shows the payment amount:

Edit: and another one

And you hopefully got a 3rd one by now, which looks like this:

Code: [Select]
Order-ID        |Description                                | Price|Qty|Pcs|  Total
MXBROWN         |MX brown plate mount switch (0.45 EUR)     |  0.60|100|100|  60.00
PHISOWINCLEARKIT|Teensy/PCB/ISOWin plate/MX clear with stabs|136.00|  2|  2| 272.00
PHISOWINREDKIT  |Teensy/PCB/ISOWin plate/MX red with stabs  |136.00|  1|  1| 136.00
SHIPEU          |Shipping costs within EU(17 EUR)           | 22.00|  1|  1|  22.00
Sum             |before fees                                |      |   |104| 490.00
PAYEUR          |EUR bank payment                           |    0%|   |   |   0.00
Total           |                                           |      |   |104| 490.00
Payments        |                                           |      |   |   |-490.00
Amount Due      |                                           |      |   |   |   0.00

Everything has been paid up to the penny!

Please order more to make it worth to do another payment!!!!

Thank you for your order!

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #1581 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 14:53:51 »
Quote from: mkawa;526397
7bit calls them albino greens, someone says they are mushy, sixty says some nonsense in chinese, and there's something in german about cracking mushrooms (wat). someone take a caliper out and measure the pertinent bits of the key stem. at the very least someone take a series of comparison photos with blue, green and white stems against a metric ruler for each axis...

Albino greens resulted from a Chinese to English translation.

Offline Zehkul

« Reply #1582 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 14:56:31 »
Invoice spam, lol.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1583 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 14:57:28 »
I like being reminded I don't owe anything lol
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #1584 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 15:08:56 »
If all the parts come and we end up waiting for the switches I'm going to kill 7bit!!!!

:laser:
Keyboardless

Offline dirge

« Reply #1585 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 15:11:38 »
Quote from: tsangan;529656
If all the parts come and we end up waiting for the switches I'm going to kill 7bit!!!!

:laser:

I worry that round 4 may do that before you get a chance... poor fella :)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #1586 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 15:11:59 »
has 7bit synced with biniaris recently? i'm actually overpaid if you count my recent payments (yay whites dropped in price), but the invoice says otherwise

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #1587 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 15:12:04 »
Quote from: tsangan;529656

:laser: 7bit

Production and delivery takes 4 weeks.

I will order within this week and pay in the next week, once I've got all the money together.

Offline BiNiaRiS

« Reply #1588 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 20:46:24 »
Quote from: mkawa;529660
has 7bit synced with biniaris recently? i'm actually overpaid if you count my recent payments (yay whites dropped in price), but the invoice says otherwise

I would PM 7bit to figure that out. I'm just taking payment not doing anything with invoices.

Quick order update: PCBs have been ordered.
Check out my sales thread.

KMAC 2 w/ErgoClears
KBC w/Reds and Cherry doubleshots in imsto\'s case
G80-1800HAU w/ErgoClears
Realforce 87UB 55g
KMAC Titanium/Winkeyless (in the mail)

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #1589 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 20:50:06 »
Quote from: BiNiaRiS;530072
I would PM 7bit to figure that out. I'm just taking payment not doing anything with invoices.

Quick order update: PCBs have been ordered.

Huzzah @ PCBs!

Yeah I paid you for extra switches, but it didn't update on 7bit. I'd assume the verifying the payment is manual and is probably just not done yet.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 February 2012, 21:43:50 by hazeluff »

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #1590 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 20:52:02 »
someone sell me there order ^_^
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline litster

« Reply #1591 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 21:03:34 »
A little bird also told me Teensys, costar stabilizers, and pin headers have come in already.

Offline BiNiaRiS

« Reply #1592 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 21:28:58 »
Quote from: boost;530084
someone sell me there order ^_^

We ordered some extra PCBs and I will be getting extra plates as well. We just don't know how we'll be selling those off. Once everyone has their orders we'll post those.

KMAC 2 w/ErgoClears
G80-1800HAU w/ErgoClears
Realforce 87UB 55g

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #1593 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 22:27:35 »
i'm probably going to be camping for another pcb then, since it looks like i now have nearly 3 phantoms worth of parts but only 2 pcbs. <-- bad news

i'm only keeping one phantom; the other two will be built cased then sold off <-- good news?

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #1594 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 23:12:37 »
Quote from: mkawa;530225
i'm probably going to be camping for another pcb then, since it looks like i now have nearly 3 phantoms worth of parts but only 2 pcbs. <-- bad news

i'm only keeping one phantom; the other two will be built cased then sold off <-- good news?
I did that on purpose, so I can try a lowpoly-esque plate 'build.

Bytheway, I'm so glad I decided to get three teensy's.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #1595 on: Wed, 29 February 2012, 00:02:40 »
lowpoly-esque plate build? eh?

Offline litster

« Reply #1596 on: Wed, 29 February 2012, 23:44:34 »
Just posted a video to demonstrate how to open up a Filco.  Enjoy!

[video=youtube;AfPaC8Hvczo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfPaC8Hvczo[/video]

Offline agor

« Reply #1597 on: Thu, 01 March 2012, 04:54:06 »
I regret not having jumped this GB :(
How much was PCB+controller+plate? (PHISO e.g.)
KBD8X II - MX 5000 - Realforce 88UB - Phantom - GH60

Offline BiNiaRiS

« Reply #1598 on: Thu, 01 March 2012, 05:12:10 »
Quote from: agor;531834
I regret not having jumped this GB :(
How much was PCB+controller+plate? (PHISO e.g.)

$35 + $18 + $15 i believe.

KMAC 2 w/ErgoClears
G80-1800HAU w/ErgoClears
Realforce 87UB 55g

Offline agor

« Reply #1599 on: Thu, 01 March 2012, 05:24:25 »
Oh boy, makes me even more sad :(
KBD8X II - MX 5000 - Realforce 88UB - Phantom - GH60