Author Topic: Here's why America is ****ed.  (Read 32204 times)

Offline Malphas

Here's why America is ****ed.
« Reply #250 on: Sat, 07 April 2012, 11:15:26 »
That's incredibly naive, obviously everyone is dependent on their government to some degree.  I don't even just mean roads - which I assume you use.  The fact you're able to live without constant fear of harm is due to the government (police, armed forces, CIA, etc.).

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #251 on: Sat, 07 April 2012, 12:51:07 »
Ok, yea we rely on them for some things. I'm not an anarcho-libertarian.

But so what? They should be funded, like I said, through investment/taxation in enterprise. Not individuals.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #252 on: Sat, 07 April 2012, 14:57:20 »
In that case, again:

Quote from: Malphas;569331
What's your justification for this? Why do you still feel you should be entitled to the services provided by the government when you don't contribute financially towards them?

You're entitled to your opinion, and I don't particularly disagree with the sentiment, but you can't state it as some sort fact, like you are now, without any logical argument as to why it should be the case.  The main problem with your idea is just practicality; if you scrap income tax and then raise corporation tax to cover the losses you'd drive a massive amount of business overseas where they're practically begging companies with offers of tax breaks, cheap labour, etc. to migrate there.

The main problem I (and maybe others) have with your posts is that all you have are a collection of loose personal opinions, with no solid foundation.  Yet, you're acting as if they're written in stone facts. Just blindly parroting the same baseless talking points like "income tax is theft", "businesses should pay taxes, not individuals", etc. is just as bad in my opinion as the other extreme with Marxist slogans like "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need".
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 April 2012, 15:06:57 by Malphas »

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #253 on: Sat, 07 April 2012, 15:02:28 »
But...I DO contribute financially towards them. There are tons of other taxes I pay other than income tax.