Author Topic: Cherry replica dyesub + blank pbt 104 set (complete)  (Read 437343 times)

Offline theultrazord

Re: Cherry replica dyesub + blank pbt 104 set (Orders still open)
« Reply #550 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 17:46:03 »
I made a form and posted it in the interest check forum. I was mistaken that it was possible to have grey set parts so I will have to ignore those or change the questions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFlXWl94S3B4S0pMR0d3RXhSUVZzR0E6MQ

I have to ask though, is it possible to add full grey sets to the groupbuy since they already have them? That way some people can buy full white and grey sets?

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #551 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 17:48:21 »
FYI, i just received my blue on dark grey cherry font set from imsto. if you'd like more pictures, they've been going up in the geekhack pack thread all day: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36739.60

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline theultrazord

« Reply #552 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 17:50:27 »
FYI, i just received my blue on dark grey cherry font set from imsto. if you'd like more pictures, they've been going up in the geekhack pack thread all day: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36739.60

Those do look beautiful. I still want white the most but I guess if all doesn't end well I'll definitely take grey caps.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #553 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 17:53:18 »
fwiw i'm basically in love with them.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #554 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 19:28:31 »
I have to ask though, is it possible to add full grey sets to the groupbuy since they already have them? That way some people can buy full white and grey sets?

I believe you can just buy straight from imsto at any quantity you want.  Don't need group buy for it.

Woah nice pics !!!  Maybe I'll consider grey as my backup option lol.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #555 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 19:40:31 »
Woah nice pics !!!  Maybe I'll consider grey as my backup option lol.

I think having the all white and blues from here mixed with modifiers from Imsto is the way to go.  I just love lysol's photo of the Blues with Grey modifiers makes it look so unreal.

Offline theultrazord

« Reply #556 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 20:25:32 »
I believe you can just buy straight from imsto at any quantity you want.  Don't need group buy for it.

Oh I know but if there is an interest for people to buy a full white and grey set we might get better prices lumping them together. You are correct though I may just remove the idea completely from the survey.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #557 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 23:15:05 »
I think it might be better to keep everyone focused on meeting the moq first, then offering other options. But that's just my opinion.

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #558 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 23:32:56 »
Ordered. :D
The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit

Offline theultrazord

« Reply #559 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 23:58:46 »
I think it might be better to keep everyone focused on meeting the moq first, then offering other options. But that's just my opinion.

We have over 100 to go though. I'll remove the IC upon your request however I was hoping there were a bunch of people secretly wanting a red or black US set but were not speaking up previously.

Also thanks for being so active with this GB lysol. It definitely takes dedication to try to please so many people and meet such as huge MOQ.

Offline iBro

« Reply #560 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 00:34:40 »
Can someone tell me what the profile of this key cap set is? They look like they might sit kind of low, but it could just appear to be like that because they are so thick.
Unicomp Space Saver (buckling spring) Silicon Graphics (dampened cream alps) KBC Poker (ghetto reds)

Offline Hyde

« Reply #561 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 00:39:35 »
Yeah they are cherry profile so they are indeed lower than OEM profile.

Not sure by how much though, I think I've seen a pic floating around somewhere before if I remember correctly it's about half of OEM height but I could be wrong lol.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline limmy

« Reply #562 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 01:41:14 »
Regarding recent dyesub caps from China, black on white dye sub caps were not made before; at least I have not seen them in Korean market. If I were the producer of the dyesub caps, I would have made black legends first. However, to my knowledge black legend didn't happen on white caps.

There were black legend caps made for grey or blue caps, but never on white/beige. My guess is that there are technical difficulty in getting black legend on white caps.

For this precise reason, I think there will be demand for black legend caps. Also, there have been a group buy in Korean forums on Hangul legend on grey caps. If we make black on white English legend, I think it would be a good complement to the existing group buy because with it one can make two tone caps; grey from Hangul group buy and white from this group buy.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #563 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 11:11:59 »
3 of the sets on offer currently already have black legend, if there is any interest just plain US in black that is totally fine. I guess it would be no problem at all since I figure they would only need to set aside X set before running the red Russian legend for example. I will get that option added to the order form. I'll just go ahead and add Hangul too.

Go ahead and keep interest check open for other ideas, I was just meaning to keep the base color focused on white. Talking about 2tone will just anger some people when they find out they have to buy 2 full set to achieve that. Some people won't have an issue with that, but surely many will as they might not want to spend that much.

iBro, Cherry profile is approx 1.5mm shorter than oem profile found on most other keyboards. I find Cherry profile superior as they tend to have less wobble and while it really isn't the key travel seems slightly less and quicker response to me, but it is just a perception.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 November 2012, 11:25:55 by lysol »

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #564 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 11:59:04 »
Can we get picks of the Hangul layout ?  I may get one as a novelty item.
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry

Offline iBro

« Reply #565 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 12:10:33 »
Please excuse my ignorance, but I'm new to group buys. When could we expect to get these? Do we have to make a quota first, or is there some kind of time table?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Unicomp Space Saver (buckling spring) Silicon Graphics (dampened cream alps) KBC Poker (ghetto reds)

Offline Dianoda

« Reply #566 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 12:30:13 »
Need to hit the quota first (the 300 set MOQ mentioned in the opening post), then the order can be sent to the manufacturer.  Once the order is placed, it would probably take a few weeks (maybe more?) for the manufacturer to fill the order and ship out to lysol, then the caps need to be repackaged and shipped out to the buyers (ie, us).

For this particular buy, the white keycaps need to be sourced from a separate manufacturer first, then printed - so the order might take a bit longer to fill because of that additional hurdle.

Edit: Grammar
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 November 2012, 12:32:04 by Dianoda »

Offline iBro

« Reply #567 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 12:36:40 »
This looks like it has been going on for a while and we are still only two thirds to the goal. So am I right in thinking that it will take a considerable amount of time before we meet the quota?

I may just keep an eye on it instead of putting my name down and paying right now if it's going to be quite a bit before the order is placed.

Offline remmeh

« Reply #568 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 13:14:49 »
^ if everyone did that we'd never reach 300

Offline iBro

« Reply #569 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 13:22:06 »
Agreed. I but I want some key caps soonish. I and I simply don't feel like putting money down for a key set that I'm not 100 percent sure I want, while continuing to shop for a cap set.

Offline limmy

« Reply #570 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 14:00:40 »
Black print on white base could be tricky to obtain. Blacks sometimes have purple or brown tint if not done right. (such problem would be less noticeable on grey or blue base which are the only sets with black print.) Can we be assured if we are not going to have that problem? Was there any sample made? How confident do you think is the dyesub place?

Offline iBro

« Reply #571 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 16:10:56 »
I've reconsidered and will most likely put my name in for one of these sets. But first, a couple of questions. Do we pay right now? Or after all the names have been collected? Secondly, what happens if we don't reach our goal of 300 sets? Will the order still go in, but at an increased cost? Or will the GB be shut down completely?

Offline Amarok

« Reply #572 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 16:12:11 »
Probably a stupid question, but will these fit both a Filco/CMStorm TKL and also a Poker?
Realforce 87u 55g

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #573 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 16:15:18 »
From what I have seen from imsto so far, colors are true. For example the FMA keys that were done look like a good black. Cherry black print dyesub actually had a purplish hint to them though.

imsto makes some good quality, so I have no concerns or doubts what so ever. I am working on getting in some single key samples of each option and will post them when I have them.

In regard to the moq, it was reached once, but many non paying people set us way back again. It's people that are all on the fence about it that cause the problem. If you want the sets, make an order and pay, and it will get done that much faster.

Yes, set would fit on any standard ansi layout board including Filco, CM, Poker, Cherry 3000... etc, etc. Also will fit any other layout like Choc mini or others partially.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 November 2012, 16:21:17 by lysol »

Offline limmy

« Reply #574 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 16:45:25 »
Great! I have put in my order for standard black legend with RGB lettering for Control, Shift, Alt.

I suspect it is lack of communication(or marketing) that lead to unsuccessful collection of payment. Not everyone on the list is frequent visitor of Geekhack and emails asking for money can be easily mistaken and ignored if not expected. Many who showed interest may be wondering what is going on.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #575 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 16:52:09 »
Misunderstanding that is definitely a strong possibility. Many of those were Korean, and may not have the best command of English. Unfortunately I have no knowledge of Korean. If one of you Korean folks are up to it, I could give you email list of those and you could give an update in Korean and see if anyone is still interested. There were some large orders from a few of them, so if they could step up we could be back to moq really fast.

Offline eyesmiles

« Reply #576 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 17:13:55 »
I was about to pull the trigger on a blank set until I saw the hangul option. A friend is teaching me how to speak some korean and reading (grade 1 level equivalent lol) hangul so the key cap set would be great. Form filled!  ;)

Offline limmy

« Reply #577 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 17:24:56 »
Here is mock up of Set 5: All-White PBT Keycaps with BLACK Cherry-font US legends w/ RGB text on shift/ctrl/alt ($75 + shipping)
7145-0

I have posted about this group buy at KBDMania.
http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/5280614

Hopefully, we would get some interest.

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #578 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 17:49:10 »
Cleared. Thanks!
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 November 2012, 18:31:46 by akuJIWA »
The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #579 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 17:53:52 »
Hmmmm, I'll have to think about the set with the RGB text on the mods
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Dianoda

« Reply #580 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 18:27:00 »
Does anyone know the name of the font that Cherry uses?  Or a decent substitute?  I've been working on a few mockups and so far this is as close as I can get:

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #581 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 18:43:44 »
The font they use is something custom referred to in house as Formula1, and is not available outside Cherry. I have tried to get a copy many times through various Cherry employees but no success. The closest I was ever able to come up with was Arial Rounded mixed with Vag Rounded and Station Medium to round out the characters that aren't quite right in each font alone.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 November 2012, 18:46:35 by lysol »

Offline chaosstep

• From Hell
« Reply #582 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 19:14:59 »
OK. I'll join to the two set with the RGB text on the mods.
OMG.
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 November 2012, 03:12:33 by chaosstep »

Offline theultrazord

« Reply #583 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 20:03:30 »
OK. I'll joint to the two set with the RGB text on the mods.
OMG.
Yes.. omg. With RGB mods I'm dead set on a second set.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #584 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 20:10:13 »
Thank limmy for the idea.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #585 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 00:51:02 »
Can we combine the rgb mods with the russian set somehow? :)

Offline AHN SANG SIN

• kikky
« Reply #586 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 03:32:52 »
I hope all item include rgb.
Or buyer can select option.
1. font ru or kr
2. text color
3. second text color
4. rgb mod

« Last Edit: Fri, 02 November 2012, 03:43:54 by AHN SANG SIN »

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #587 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 04:25:53 »
I hope all item include rgb.
Or buyer can select option.
1. font ru or kr
2. text color
3. second text color
4. rgb mod

too many options make convoluted

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #588 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 04:31:13 »

I'm guessing it will take 2 sets
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #589 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 04:45:34 »
 i fix the rgb colors using photoshop.

1.us + rgb

2. rus + rgb

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #590 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 05:04:14 »
Yeah with the new color, I will jump in!

But lysol, will you use your own collecting images for the characters / icons of these sets, or use default Imsto cherry font?

I notice some detail of the Imsto's grey sample set with hangul don't look alike with the real Cherry set (mostly about the alignment, some keys has different image / text etc.)

Offline alixinhzai

« Reply #591 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 06:45:37 »
like this?
7182-0

and this?
7180-1

Offline limmy

« Reply #592 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 07:01:29 »
Wonderful mock up, alixinhzai!!
If right and left arrow could be fixed to be vertically center aligned, it would look even better.

By the way, full touch Caps Lock should be printed as in alixinhzai's mock up. I noticed recent imsto's sets used the same print as stepped Caps Lock key.

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #593 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 07:06:13 »
If only it had 7x spacebar, 1.5mods, and stepcaplock...
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #594 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 07:44:37 »
Yep those are very good mockups =]

I think some Imsto keycaps should be fixed for better aesthetic to be look like the real set.
As from this picture:

- Font size of the function row (F1-F12) should match font size of the Prt Sc, Scroll Lock, Pause keycaps. I think they are a little bigger than the genuines now
- "Pause Break" should be printed as "Pause" only (Sys Rq and Break should be front printed as the genuines)

- Font size of the Number row (`-=) is a little bigger than the function row's of course, and
   + The row from "`~" to "=+" should have better alignment (two character should be closer etc.) and
   + Use more accurate images for "~ ! @ # $ % ^ & *"

- Use exact images for "R" and "G" keycaps
- Should have the blank space between "Prt Sc", "Pg Up", "Pg Dn"
- Full touch "Caps Lock" should be printed as Limmy said
- The "Up" and "Down" arrows of the Arrows cluster should be align top left - not center left as of now
- Images for "[{", "]}", "\|", ";:", "'"", ",<", ".>", "/?" should be fixed for more accuracy if at all possible
- Errr...

That's all I can see for now...
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 November 2012, 07:47:25 by jil_jil32 »

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #595 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 09:16:19 »

I'm guessing it will take 2 sets

Yeah that's what I'd like to try and avoid =/

Offline Hyde

« Reply #596 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 13:58:37 »
Wonderful mock up, alixinhzai!!

lol nice !!!  Now make a mockup for the blue letter one too  :P

Though I'm glad to see so many people can use photoshop here.  I can do it too I'm just lazy lol.

Offline alixinhzai

« Reply #597 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 21:07:42 »
7242-0

7244-1
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 November 2012, 21:45:50 by alixinhzai »

Offline ZcHuer

« Reply #598 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 21:22:34 »
i fix the rgb colors using photoshop.

1.us + rgb
Show Image

2. rus + rgb

Show Image

Does the GB offer RUS+RGB set now? I just put in an order, but didn't notice there was an option for RUS+RGB. If there is, I would like to update my order ;-p

Offline Hyde

« Reply #599 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 23:00:29 »
Does the GB offer RUS+RGB set now? I just put in an order, but didn't notice there was an option for RUS+RGB. If there is, I would like to update my order ;-p

I think it's an idea people want but not fully gone through yet.  So that option might happen or it might not not too sure yet need to ask Lysol lol.

And ohhhh good job alixinhzai the mock ups look really nice  :D

EDIT:  We break 200 yet?
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 November 2012, 23:03:14 by Hyde »