Author Topic: Schematic diagram for KBT Race?  (Read 1776 times)

Offline Kokin

Schematic diagram for KBT Race?
« on: Thu, 07 June 2012, 19:20:45 »
Over the course of the four months of using my KBT Race, half a row of LEDs have gone dim, but still work. Another half in another row doesn't light up anymore, but will flicker occasionally at full brightness. All the switches still work and the LEDs themselves still work properly but the resistors for the LEDs seem to be the culprit. Does anyone have the schematic diagram for the Race? It will help me tremendously. Thanks in advance!

PS: I noticed a slight PCB flex between the G/H screw and the right hand side of the board, would this affect the LEDs or resistors in anyway?

Here are a few pictures of the PCB I took with my phone, if anyone needs a higher res pic of the back of the PCB I can borrow my gf's DSLR.
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 52429[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 52432[/ATTACH]

Offline quake4mhg

« Reply #1 on: Sat, 09 June 2012, 01:46:03 »
It happens to mine too. Some LEDs gone dim. I guess they gonna flick and dead eventually. Mine is 2 more months older than yours :sad:

Offline RKY

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 10 June 2012, 13:38:07 »
Is this a common problem with these keyboards? I was thinking about buying one.

Offline Kokin

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 12 June 2012, 06:28:27 »
Bump!

As for the LED issue, I think it might be common for a lot of the earlier batches from late 2011 and early 2012. I'm not so sure about the batches that are coming out now.

It's still an amazing keyboard regardless of the LED issue and all my friends who have tried it are very jelly. The feel also feels the same as the day I first got it and added my rubber o-rings.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 12 June 2012, 08:04:45 »
That is unfortunate. Does not give me much confidence in even trying out the new batches. :(
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Frenden

• http://frenden.com
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 15 June 2012, 09:10:45 »
I just picked one up. I'll be sure to holler if mine dims. I hope not!

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 15 June 2012, 21:30:44 »
Does flexing the board affect the LEDs at all?
Russ