Author Topic: Expired - Newegg Shell Shocker Deal - 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD - 69.99 after MIR  (Read 2333 times)

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
[strike]Great shell shocker deal on a 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD for 69.99 after MIR.[/strike] Expired.

SSD prices just keep falling. deal here
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 June 2012, 09:38:55 by RiffRaff »

Offline bavman

Wonder why this hasn't sold old. When they did the shell shocker for the M4 128gb @ $99 it literally sold out in minutes.

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
Quote from: bavman;616257
Wonder why this hasn't sold old. When they did the shell shocker for the M4 128gb @ $99 it literally sold out in minutes.

M4>ocz

Tempted to buy but want to see how low they will get...

Nice find BTW
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline bavman

It's true, but I still think people would still be all over this. It's still a good ssd with respectable benchmarks compared to others

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
Only reason I can think people are waiting is because of a move to larger SSD's. But buy two, set to Raid 0 and done. And as always with Raid 0 (perform frequent backups).

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
The m4 256gb has been at 180 for the entire weekend from Amazon, and buy.com.  NewEgg is at $185 and probably has a coupon code somewhere.

The market is becoming saturated... (wow!)
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
I'd avoid OCZ, never really heard anything good about their SSD. I mostly heard failures and hard RMAs

I'd rather get a Samsung, M4 or SanDisk (if they have their controller issues figured out). What sucks is Samsung sent me a 20% discount on the SSD I bought the week before ;(
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
Quote from: The_Beast;616341
I'd avoid OCZ, never really heard anything good about their SSD. I mostly heard failures and hard RMAs(

Well I guess I should say something good about OCZ:  they make great SSD's, RAM and PSU's.  I have been using their stuff for nearly 10 years, and it's all worked great.  More specifically, I have been using two OCZ SSD's for about a year without any problems whatsoever:  I have an OCZ RevoDrive 3 X2 Series 240GB pci-e 2.0 SSD in my computer, and I have an older OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD in my wife's computer.  In another computer I have an OCZ GamerXtreme 700Watt PSU that has been running nearly constantly since 2006.   In the name of full disclosure, I had to RMA two sticks of OCZ RAM a few years ago, but the process was painless with OCZ, because OCZ is one of the only companies that will cross-ship during an RMA (with a credit card), so you won't experience any down time.  Their customer service was excellent and efficient.   Sure they sent me some defective RAM DIMM's, but every company, including Samsung, M4 and Sandisk, has shipped defective merchandise that must be exchanged through an RMA from time to time.  So, I would highly recommend OCZ products.  If you are avoiding them, it is your loss.  Also, on a technical note:  OCZ offers both Indilinx and Sandforce controllers on their SSD's, so you can get what you want/ feel more comfortable with.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
I personally wouldn't buy from them, but that's just my opinion based on what I've heard. Same with Corsair RAM, I love all there other products (I have the H50, HX750 and a couple of there fans) but I've had 4 sticks die on me within a year. I think everyone has companies they stay away from

Dell also does cross-shipping. I had a small scratch and one dead pixel on my U2410, they shipped me a new monitor within 2 days. I called Monday night ~5:30pm and had the monitor Wednesday morning. I had a full week to return my "broken" monitor, so for 6 days I had duel U2410s :D
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline bavman

I bought an ssd from OCZ before, it was an vertex 2 ages ago when it cost me $200 for 120gb. I never had a single problem with it for the year I owned it till I sold it off to upgrade.

Offline marodox

Quote from: The_Beast;616401
I personally wouldn't buy from them, but that's just my opinion based on what I've heard. Same with Corsair RAM, I love all there other products (I have the H50, HX750 and a couple of there fans) but I've had 4 sticks die on me within a year. I think everyone has companies they stay away from

Dell also does cross-shipping. I had a small scratch and one dead pixel on my U2410, they shipped me a new monitor within 2 days. I called Monday night ~5:30pm and had the monitor Wednesday morning. I had a full week to return my "broken" monitor, so for 6 days I had duel U2410s :D

My vortex 3 ssd failed within 6 months and from what I read they often do. I have a M4 now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
     Das S

Offline Nunez

• BACK!
I had a Vortex 2 120gb, it failed. I now have 2x 120gb Intel 520s.
I miss Ripster :(
HHKB Pro 2 || KBC Poker || Filco MJ2

Offline modulor

Yeah, I currently have a 60GB Vertex 3 that I got for a steal just to trial a SSD, and I've had no problems with it.  I'll probably go Crucial or Intel next upgrade though.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
Deal closed