Author Topic: What did you get in the mail today?  (Read 20261936 times)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: What did you get in the mail today?
« Reply #14900 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 16:10:34 »
That's fine man. Not sure if I've ever seen one of those but it's really cool. Thanks for taking another picture :D

No prob man.

I should've asked jcrouse where he got it.

EDIT: It's engraved then filled in BTW, not dyesub. It's also pretty thick.
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 December 2013, 16:13:10 by TacticalStache »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline le_doosh

« Reply #14901 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 17:02:22 »
I've never seen that "lens" before. It's like a filter & and lens combined.

Offline Kayliss

« Reply #14902 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 17:58:57 »

TRiK TKL

87U 55g and pink blanks arrived from EK today aswell. 5 days from US to here is quite good.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #14903 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 18:00:16 »
Those pink caps are such a tease right next to the board

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #14904 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 18:04:22 »

Show Image

87U 55g and pink blanks arrived from EK today aswell. 5 days from US to here is quite good.

Damn man, 55g 87u and pink blanks.  :thumb: amazing. my orange blanks come tomorrow!

I got my tester plate yesterday and today i got a bunch of black switches in the mail :D

using them as placeholders till i can find more switch types.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #14905 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 18:09:42 »

They call it a lens, but it's really just a piece of glass you screw in front of an existing lens, much like a filter, that changes the focal distance.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #14906 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 18:32:18 »

Show Image

Damn man, 55g 87u and pink blanks.  :thumb: amazing. my orange blanks come tomorrow!

I got my tester plate yesterday and today i got a bunch of black switches in the mail :D

Show Image

Where can I get a tester plate?

Offline le_doosh

« Reply #14907 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 18:34:15 »

They call it a lens, but it's really just a piece of glass you screw in front of an existing lens, much like a filter, that changes the focal distance.

Yeah that's what I thought. Almost like an extention tube, expect on the other end.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #14908 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 18:35:48 »

Show Image

Show Image

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130832544481
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #14909 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 18:38:04 »

Show Image

Show Image

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-pc-White-Keyboard-5x5-keys-5-keys-Metal-Panel-/130541363513?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item1e64df2139

Captn Badasses was the 5x5 and the switches were tight fitting, I got the 3x5 and they dont feel as tight but they fit so its still great for the price. But the 3x5 isnt as high so i had to add bump-ons on the bottom of the plate so the bottom of the switches dont hit.  :thumb:

EDIT : you beat me to it demik ! ;p

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #14910 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 20:15:53 »
110 clears from mk.com

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #14911 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 20:31:28 »

Yeah that's what I thought. Almost like an extention tube, expect on the other end.

You guys are funny  :))  A lens IS a piece of glass...  A highly polished one with some concavity or convexity.  This is an achromatic lens (composite).
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #14912 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 20:59:27 »
I got these over the past couple days. We'll start with the boring audio stuff:

Mr Speakers Mad Dogs, a Schiit Magni amp, and Fiio e06 that I picked up for cheap at an airport store. I couldn't believe there was legit audio stuff in an airport @.@. I tried the BeyerDynamic T5P, T90, and Shure e4c. Then picked up the e06 for giggles. Shoutouts to tjcaustin for helping me out with the Magni and Mad Dogs.

DO YOU EVEN ALPS BRO? Complicated Linear Green Alps from Akimbro <3

Hmmm, what's this?

Again, thank you tjcaustin for sending this to me. And with Whites! :D

I think I need more lighting or a bit more ISO in my pics but they're much less fuzzy than my other ones. I'm still learning how to operate my camera so shoutouts to Photoelectric for some tips ^__^.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #14913 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 21:11:41 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Mr Speakers Mad Dogs, a Schiit Magni amp, and Fiio e06 that I picked up for cheap at an airport store. I couldn't believe there was legit audio stuff in an airport @.@. I tried the BeyerDynamic T5P, T90, and Shure e4c. Then picked up the e06 for giggles. Shoutouts to tjcaustin for helping me out with the Magni and Mad Dogs.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Hmmm, what's this?
Show Image

Show Image

I think I need more lighting or a bit more ISO in my pics but they're much less fuzzy than my other ones. I'm still learning how to operate my camera so shoutouts to Photoelectric for some tips ^__^.

Oh man, that PCB is beautiful!!   :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 December 2013, 21:23:11 by dustinhxc »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #14914 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 21:14:24 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Hmmm, what's this?
Show Image

Show Image

Wow. Everything there, especially the PCB, looks absolutely awful. Send it to me and I will dispose of it for you  :-*
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #14915 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 21:17:07 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Hmmm, what's this?
Show Image

Show Image

All of my favorite things. Very nice CPT.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #14916 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 21:17:43 »
Looks good, CPT!  That white GH60 PCB <3 

More light is always good, but they look nice and sharp :)  You can download some free software like GIMP (there's even a 64-bit version) and play with brightness and contrast and white balance.  You can brighten up your photos after you take them.  Your camera probably has multiple white balance settings--I'd try those (there's a blue-green tint to the photos).

Offline le_doosh

« Reply #14917 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 21:28:10 »

You guys are funny  :))  A lens IS a piece of glass...  A highly polished one with some concavity or convexity.  This is an achromatic lens (composite).

Yes I know this but considering it screws into the end of a lens, like a filter, I called it a "filter and a lens combined"

It's kind of like an extension tube, expect the opposite considering it attaches via the filter threads. It's just adding more magnification and allowing it to focus closer, aka turning it into a "macro" lens. It's like when you take a 50mm and flip it, it works as a make-shift macro lens too.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #14918 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 21:32:27 »
Holy white pcb cpt, congrats

Offline dante

« Reply #14919 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 21:33:04 »
Thanks to missalaire I finally found one of these:

46962-0

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #14920 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 21:35:23 »
Yes I know this but considering it screws into the end of a lens, like a filter, I called it a "filter and a lens combined"

It's kind of like an extension tube, expect the opposite considering it attaches via the filter threads. It's just adding more magnification and allowing it to focus closer, aka turning it into a "macro" lens. It's like when you take a 50mm and flip it, it works as a make-shift macro lens too.

It's not a filter though, it's a lens.  This so-called extension-tube is just housing for a second lens.  2 lenses combining magnification is still 2 lenses in series.  So yes, I added a lens :)

<-- has a degree in physics and astronomy and knows how telescope lenses stack, as well as more complex arrangements including prisms, etc.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #14921 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 21:36:47 »

I have done that with zoom lenses as well.  I even bought an adapter that lets you mount the lens backward on the camera.  I was using the stock 18-55 canon lens on the wifes rebel XTi.  You can get some insane magnification for dirt cheap that way.  Not near as good of an image as using a dedicated macro lens but those get real expensive real quick and the adapter was only about $15.

It's not a filter though, it's a lens.  This so-called extension-tube is just housing for a second lens.  2 lenses combining magnification is still 2 lenses in series.  So yes, I added a lens :)

<-- has a degree in physics and astronomy and knows how telescope lenses stack, as well as more complex arrangements including prisms, etc.

Also I was under the impression that for the most part extension tubes didn't have lenses in them.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #14922 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 22:07:57 »
Thanks for the kind words everyone. Gotta love when there's good deals and getting goodies :D. And I do like this White PCB.

More light is always good, but they look nice and sharp :)  You can download some free software like GIMP (there's even a 64-bit version) and play with brightness and contrast and white balance.  You can brighten up your photos after you take them.  Your camera probably has multiple white balance settings--I'd try those (there's a blue-green tint to the photos).

Hehe check out what Photoelectric schooled me in just now :D

Before

After

Awwwww yeahhhh

**** I almost forgot. Dustinhxc sent me this as a gift. Thank you so much <3

It's pink!!
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 December 2013, 22:17:54 by CPTBadAss »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #14923 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 22:27:12 »
Looks pretty red yo
I love Elzy

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #14924 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 22:29:41 »

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #14925 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 22:58:28 »
Thanks for the kind words everyone. Gotta love when there's good deals and getting goodies :D. And I do like this White PCB.

Hehe check out what Photoelectric schooled me in just now :D

Show Image

Before
Show Image

After

Awwwww yeahhhh

Show Image

It's pink!!

You're welcome bro! It's a really cute sculpture :D it is eraser pink!!

I only got a cell shot of it.. Pink Wolf!

:p
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 December 2013, 23:15:05 by dustinhxc »

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #14927 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 00:31:59 »
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #14928 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 00:36:02 »
Show Image

OOOOOOOOOOO lefty arrows!!!!! da **** does the right side of that board look like?

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #14929 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 00:57:34 »
Show Image

OOOOOOOOOOO lefty arrows!!!!! da **** does the right side of that board look like?
I like the Mel Brooks Collection better. Although lefty arrows sound bad ass!
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14930 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 04:15:26 »
Show Image

TRiK TKL

Show Image

How did you manage 5 days?!?

Quickest I have had from US is just under 3 weeks.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #14931 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 04:29:46 »
Show Image

I like the Mel Brooks Collection better. Although lefty arrows sound bad ass!
actually,double arrows left right :))
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #14932 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 06:33:00 »
Show Image

JEALOUS!!! But, the keyboard is really nice too. ;)

Offline synerr

« Reply #14933 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 06:45:08 »
Cheap and cheerful pbt keyset to replace the 'stock eggshells' on my filco tkl
Press any key to continue, any other key to quit.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #14934 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 06:51:38 »
Show Image

TRiK TKL

Show Image

How did you manage 5 days?!?

Quickest I have had from US is just under 3 weeks.

I thought that one magical package I sent you arrived in like 8 days or something.

Offline raxer

« Reply #14935 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 06:54:21 »
Raindrop from Bunnylake. Thank you.
46995-0

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #14936 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 07:39:31 »
Looks pretty red yo

Whoops, bad white balance and bad Photoshop skills. It's definitely pink like:

Show Image

It's pink!!

Show Image

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #14937 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 10:22:49 »
Show Image

I found a picture of the full keyborad elsewhere on GH,
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #14938 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 10:23:26 »
Looks pretty red yo

Whoops, bad white balance and bad Photoshop skills. It's definitely pink like:

Show Image

It's pink!!

Show Image

Nice, with the better white balance I can see you need to clean the flux off, but the white pcb looks great!

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #14939 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 10:26:50 »
An envelope from the Clark factory  :eek:

Will post pics tomorrow with day light.  ;D

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #14940 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 10:32:23 »

drool...
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
    • Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club <3
« Reply #14941 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 10:37:10 »
Imsto Alu case

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #14942 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 10:56:30 »
Imsto Alu case

Show Image

Show Image

Really nice, looks awesome! I regret not getting that green / gray thing!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #14943 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 11:07:31 »

Awe congrats :D

Online HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #14944 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 11:12:36 »
got GasMask Black v1 with yellow eyes from my friend :p

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #14945 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 11:13:20 »

Show Image

Whaaaaaat you got hooked up! :-) nice!!!

Online HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #14946 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 11:16:03 »

Show Image

Whaaaaaat you got hooked up! :-) nice!!!

Thanks man :D
now waiting the white one and the X'mas sale from martin :p

Offline muad

« Reply #14947 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 17:03:43 »
Imsto Alu case

Show Image

Show Image

We demand more pics! from different angles and stuff. That has to be the sexiest keyboards I have ever seen! It's too bad I need f keys for gaming :(.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14948 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 17:20:46 »

Show Image

Nice.

Very nice :)

Jelly.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #14949 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 21:39:23 »
Topre keychain!

Switches and Keycap Puller!

Orange Topre Blanks!

Custom Old School Horror Pouch for Keycaps!