Author Topic: What did you get in the mail today?  (Read 20312860 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: What did you get in the mail today?
« Reply #15050 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 16:07:08 »
Potato pic I slightly tweaked in VSCO app

Is the case that sort of golden yellow that seems to glow in the sunlight?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #15051 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 16:09:29 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15052 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 16:15:11 »
Show Image

Awww Beaker - been a long time!

We totally frakked up a chemistry experiment in high school this one time (actually a few times) and invented a new measure a "Beaker" to describe how much crap we had left at the end of the experiment.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #15053 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 16:27:51 »
Not today, but got them in Saturday and finally got around to taking pictures today:

Ducky YOTD from Bunny:

HO, traded my Noct for this (will go with the 60% nostalgia set):

And an interesting long-exposure of the YOTD:
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #15054 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 16:30:07 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15056 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 16:35:57 »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #15057 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 16:36:50 »
I cna't breathe
I love Elzy

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #15058 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 16:39:22 »
To be perfectly transparent, I made the offer to a member who said this was their most sought-after Clack, and the HO isn't all I will be receiving from this trade, there is more to come... waiting till other things fall through to save the sender some shipping costs.

You'll all find out soon enough who will be receiving it (it's on it's way) so you'll realize why I did this when they make themselves known.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 December 2013, 16:47:35 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #15059 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 16:39:33 »

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #15060 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 16:51:39 »
To be perfectly transparent, I made the offer to a member who said this was their most sought-after Clack, and the HO isn't all I will be receiving from this trade, there is more to come... waiting till other things fall through to save the sender some shipping costs.

You'll all find out soon enough who will be receiving it (it's on it's way) so you'll realize why I did this when they make themselves known.

BAM! Bunny's end game item.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 December 2013, 16:55:55 by kelske »
HHKB Type-S 55g - FC660M - FC210TP

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #15061 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 16:55:01 »

nope another wrong guess
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #15062 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 16:56:26 »

nope another wrong guess

Tee hee :)) Was a little bit worried I might ruin the big reveal for a second there...
HHKB Type-S 55g - FC660M - FC210TP

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #15063 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 17:08:56 »
Full derp. So much herp. It's juicy, almost meaty. I love it! Thankies, nubb! The raw detail is perfect for what it is. Almost like an abomination!

Pics of it posted on my keyboard: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33155.msg1151511#msg1151511

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #15064 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 17:15:15 »
Great pictures vesper! Very interesting cap to say the least :thumb:
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #15065 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 17:19:01 »

Thanks, phobro ~ Normally I like really clean cut caps but this one is pretty much everything it's supposed to be. Like how raw it looks because it suits its design. The red color also came out really well.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #15066 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 17:23:02 »

Thanks, phobro ~ Normally I like really clean cut caps but this one is pretty much everything it's supposed to be. Like how raw it looks because it suits its design. The red color also came out really well.

Very interesting cap... now if we ever need nubb's fingerprints we know where to look for them. :))
tp thread is tp thread

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #15067 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 17:29:35 »
I got my other Topre Keychain today! Now I have a TypeHeaven and RealForce  :thumb:
They are built of great quality!

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #15068 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 17:30:48 »
Full derp. So much herp. It's juicy, almost meaty. I love it! Thankies, nubb! The raw detail is perfect for what it is. Almost like an abomination!

Pics of it posted on my keyboard: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33155.msg1151511#msg1151511

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

da fut

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #15069 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 17:32:35 »
are they the same except for the cap?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15070 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 17:32:39 »

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

That's hilarious :))

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #15071 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 17:35:26 »
are they the same except for the cap?

Identical except for the rubber cut is different so just a different dome cut out from one another. Both feel like 45g, same case and same slider. Id love to get a 55 from someone and swap it into one of these.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #15072 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 17:47:32 »
Gummyrot skull and Qazpad.  Pics incoming of the Gummyrot, but none of the Qazpad since it's too big for my ghetto rigged lightbox.

Imgur seems to not be working, so hopefully this site works well.  The dark coloration showing through the one pic is from an MX Black stem propping it up.

More
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Glad to see the derp got to you in all it's derpy glory.  It's such an abomination, but I love it even so.  I have no regrets making the mold even though I knew it was going to be wrong in so many ways.  I may have to make some more random ones to give away so people can fully appreciate the derp.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 December 2013, 18:21:55 by nubbinator »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #15073 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 18:37:23 »
CM switch tester

47400-0

47402-1
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Av180

« Reply #15074 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 19:04:04 »

KMAC 62g Clear
Poker 2 Stock Red
Leopold FC200RE Stock Clear

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #15075 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 19:15:18 »
Well, it's what you see :)  Not sure how else to describe it.  It's well-made.  Definitely good for those who want to try out those 6 switch types.  FYI for anyone who gets one and thinks all Cherry switches are very scratchy--they might start out that way, but the mechanical friction will smooth them out, and the movement will be more pleasant with time.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #15076 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 19:28:55 »
Should I get it? if cm actually releases a topre mx board, then that is enoungh incentive, otherwise its just more keyboard stuff...

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #15077 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 19:34:10 »
Should I get it? if cm actually releases a topre mx board, then that is enoungh incentive, otherwise its just more keyboard stuff...

Seems like a subjective question :)  I got one because I wanted it.  If it has switches you haven't tried yet, it could be useful too.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #15078 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 19:37:35 »
a topre mx board

Dafuq are you talking about?

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #15079 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 19:37:46 »

Seems like a subjective question :)  I got one because I wanted it.  If it has switches you haven't tried yet, it could be useful too.

Only thing left for me are greens but I can always do ghetto greens with my wasd sampler.

Back on topic, I got my qazpad PCB and some keycaps and diodes and LEDs, now waiting on a case and stickers from moz and a flux pen from china and i'm set

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #15080 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 19:41:52 »

Filco wrist rest.   :)

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #15081 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 19:42:54 »
Show Image

Show Image

is that marble?

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #15082 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 19:44:38 »

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #15083 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 19:48:22 »
Show Image

Show Image

wow... now thats pretty!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #15085 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 19:56:20 »
a topre mx board

Dafuq are you talking about?
they released images of topre keys that support MX keycaps

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #15086 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 20:09:36 »

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

reminds me of Super Meat Boy

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #15087 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 21:01:48 »

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

reminds me of Super Meat Boy

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking too :P It's a cute lil' derp thing.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #15088 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 22:02:50 »
Show Image

Show Image

That is badass. Where did you get it?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #15089 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 22:07:30 »
Got all sorts of goodies but no time for pictures...

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #15090 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 22:08:10 »
Got all sorts of goodies but no time for pictures...

Tease...

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #15091 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 22:08:54 »
47443-0
LOS LAKERS

Offline joneslee85

• HHKB Scrub JP
  • Professional Rubyist programmer!
    • Ruby Journal
« Reply #15092 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 22:16:45 »
Gummyrot skull and Qazpad.  Pics incoming of the Gummyrot, but none of the Qazpad since it's too big for my ghetto rigged lightbox.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Imgur seems to not be working, so hopefully this site works well.  The dark coloration showing through the one pic is from an MX Black stem propping it up.

More
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Glad to see the derp got to you in all it's derpy glory.  It's such an abomination, but I love it even so.  I have no regrets making the mold even though I knew it was going to be wrong in so many ways.  I may have to make some more random ones to give away so people can fully appreciate the derp.

Lovely. Do u get it directly from CC?
TOO MANY KEYBOARDS THAT I COULD NOT COUNT! BUT I AM STILL USING MY MODEL F77

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #15093 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 22:25:03 »
ITT: People who forgot this thread is in "geekhack media"  :p

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #15094 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 22:37:18 »

Nope, but I got it in a 1:1 trade with one I did get directly from the Clack man.  Got a beautiful Gumrot ogre on one keyboard, just deciding where Gummyrot wants to reside.

There's only one solution, we kill them, take their stuff, and post pictures of said stuff.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #15095 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 22:49:56 »
There's only one solution, we kill them, take their stuff, and post pictures of said stuff.

If you guys don't take pictures of your things I'm going to come to your house and take pictures for you.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #15096 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 22:51:19 »

Nope, but I got it in a 1:1 trade with one I did get directly from the Clack man.  Got a beautiful Gumrot ogre on one keyboard, just deciding where Gummyrot wants to reside.

What did CC send you?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #15097 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 22:55:20 »
What did CC send you?

A second Gumrot.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #15098 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 23:05:12 »
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #15099 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 23:10:18 »
Show Image

Show Image

That is badass. Where did you get it?
Get it from Filco website by tenso  :)