Author Topic: What did you get in the mail today?  (Read 20316308 times)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Re: What did you get in the mail today?
« Reply #17100 on: Tue, 04 February 2014, 16:57:27 »
LZ-FE finally arrived in a pretty shoddy box, but was bubble-wrapped fairly well.

Show Image

Show Image

Profile shot to comparison with Hammer's case, both are heavy as hell and sturdy... kind of regret not mixing it up with something lighter this time around

Show Image

Finally one that isn't busted up huh.
I love Elzy

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
« Reply #17101 on: Tue, 04 February 2014, 19:17:50 »
Yum, shin ramyun! I always add some fresh lemon juice, and baked sesame seeds. Taste the best!  :thumb:

Got my Amazon subscription for my Nongshim Shin spicy noodles :)

Show Image

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #17102 on: Tue, 04 February 2014, 19:25:03 »
Yum, shin ramyun! I always add some fresh lemon juice, and baked sesame seeds. Taste the best!  :thumb:

Show Image

Will have to try this next time. Sounds interesting. I usually add kimchi or curry, or bacon.

Offline divito

« Reply #17103 on: Tue, 04 February 2014, 19:48:26 »
How do you like it?  It seems to be kind of a polarizing thing.  Some people love them and I've seen others who say it's cheap and they're unimpressed with it.

Believe it or not, I had the idea for something similar when I was a kid (though mine involved magnets, and was part of a school project). So when I saw the first version of the Keyport shortly after it came out, I was super hyped for it. I'm surprised it's taken me this long to actually get one.

As for the item, I really like it. I can understand the aspect of it appearing cheap; it does feel cheap. But that being said, for the 2 blades, 2 inserts and the unit itself, it cost like $67 before shipping; so I really can't complain.

I really think a heavier material might make it more cumbersome in daily use, as well as prohibitively expensive. On top of that, a heavier casing also presents problems in regards to ignitions and such where the point of pressure is on a completely different angle than with keys alone. At least that's my view of it.

I imagine they're experimenting with something a bit more substantial, but we'll have to see. It's a convenient, useful, and an innovation in an area that doesn't see much of it.
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #17104 on: Tue, 04 February 2014, 20:00:12 »
I picked these up from a guy on the street.

Did you randomly meet Ivan on the street?  :p
That's what I thought too. :))

strange things happen in Minnesota in the winter  with shady back alley keycap deals going on :blank:

QFT   :blank:

I also got these sweet things in the mail. 

MX Lock by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
« Reply #17105 on: Tue, 04 February 2014, 20:01:16 »
I especially liked how sour and spicy it was, and the sesame seeds just adds flavor to each spoon!  :thumb:

Show Image

Will have to try this next time. Sounds interesting. I usually add kimchi or curry, or bacon.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #17106 on: Tue, 04 February 2014, 20:32:57 »

Show Image

That's what I'm eating for dinner also!
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 February 2014, 20:37:58 by the1onewolf »

Offline LONGZILLA

• ヽ(`Д´)ノ rawr
« Reply #17107 on: Tue, 04 February 2014, 21:04:11 »
LZ-FE finally arrived in a pretty shoddy box, but was bubble-wrapped fairly well.

Show Image

Show Image

Profile shot to comparison with Hammer's case, both are heavy as hell and sturdy... kind of regret not mixing it up with something lighter this time around

Show Image

Finally one that isn't busted up huh.

Dodged a bullet apparently

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #17108 on: Tue, 04 February 2014, 22:39:16 »
Got a grimy G80 11900 today. This thing was actually gross af. It might not even be worth the $30 I payed for it on ebay. However, it does feel really nice, and I think with a bit of cleaning, it should turn out well.

main kbs:  87UB (55g)  Custom Filco TKL (62g clears)

WTS JD40, Custom Ergoclear Filco

WTB ROHS Red BBv2 (Topre), OG EK Tri-Color Skull (TOPRE)

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #17109 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 00:15:37 »
Got a grimy G80 11900 today. This thing was actually gross af. It might not even be worth the $30 I payed for it on ebay. However, it does feel really nice, and I think with a bit of cleaning, it should turn out well.

Show Image

Show Image

Haha damn, that is nasty.  Especially with the small animal growing out from the switches.

Nuke it from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.  glwc!
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline moonexe

« Reply #17110 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 02:47:04 »

Also my favorite brand :D though I prefer kimchi flavor

G80-3000, MX brown           -           Filco Majestouch 2 HAKUA TKL+TK, MX brown, JIS Layout

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #17111 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 03:49:13 »
Nek level board chow there bro  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
HHKB Type-S 55g - FC660M - FC210TP

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #17112 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 03:51:09 »

Show Image

Show Image

If it was a private seller, send him those pictures to show him what he typed on all those years ;D

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #17113 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 03:52:25 »

Show Image

Show Image

If it was a private seller, send him those pictures to show him what he typed on all those years ;D

and I thought I was a dirty ...

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #17114 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 09:08:49 »

Show Image

Show Image

It's quite possible the previous owner didn't know the keycaps were removable.  Still, that's a start on a felt hat built up under there...   :))

Offline osi

« Reply #17115 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 09:21:51 »
Got these yesterday from Bunny.
Show Image

I want a shotgun v2!! Good pickups

Offline synerr

« Reply #17116 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 09:50:44 »
4 apple alps

53286-0

53288-1

53290-2

53292-3

And a rubber dome to practice some restoration on

53294-4

Press any key to continue, any other key to quit.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #17117 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 10:50:58 »

Show Image

Show Image

Yuck indeed. Looks like you could make a nasty wig... or toupee at the least. I got one that was much the same a long time ago... I asked the seller where it came from and it had been used on POS at a beauty salon.

Offline osi

« Reply #17118 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 10:52:47 »
Fresh Zowie ec1-evo!

53299-0

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #17119 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 11:18:25 »
Yuck indeed. Looks like you could make a nasty wig... or toupee at the least. I got one that was much the same a long time ago... I asked the seller where it came from and it had been used on POS at a beauty salon.

That's hilarious! I just sent a similar message to the seller.
main kbs:  87UB (55g)  Custom Filco TKL (62g clears)

WTS JD40, Custom Ergoclear Filco

WTB ROHS Red BBv2 (Topre), OG EK Tri-Color Skull (TOPRE)

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #17120 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 12:38:05 »
Just got my Zowie RMAs in the early morning. Yay UPS.
This is some pretty terrible packing. Geez zowie

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #17121 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 13:11:11 »

as well as the product inside wasn't damaged, the packaging did its job.
btw people ship stuff in ocean containers that are protected only by the same cardboard boxes you see hehe.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #17122 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 13:33:28 »

Why did you have to RMA those, if you don't mind me asking? I just ordered an EC1 CL, and would hate to have anything wrong with it :(

Offline 127001

« Reply #17123 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 14:22:53 »

Got an IBM Model F 50-key today from Tinlong. He was nice enough to throw  in some Lexmark RD also :D

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #17124 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 14:24:32 »

Why did you have to RMA those, if you don't mind me asking? I just ordered an EC1 CL, and would hate to have anything wrong with it :(

My EC 1's coating peeled off after I used it for a few days. Quite a few people on OCN have this issue.

My EC 2 has a weird light on the mouse 4 button. I'm also not the only one with this issue haha.

I pretty much bought 2 bad mouse devices from zowie in one go - haha talk about a swell first impression.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #17125 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 14:24:54 »
4 apple alps

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

And a rubber dome to practice some restoration on

(Attachment Link)

I just got a M0116 too!

Show Image

Got an IBM Model F 50-key today from Tinlong. He was nice enough to throw  in some Lexmark RD also :D

@.@. That potato. Congrats though.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #17126 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 17:53:03 »
Rotring 600 .7mm ^_^ I really like it so far
I love Elzy

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #17127 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 18:47:34 »

My EC 1's coating peeled off after I used it for a few days. Quite a few people on OCN have this issue.

My EC 2 has a weird light on the mouse 4 button. I'm also not the only one with this issue haha.

I pretty much bought 2 bad mouse devices from zowie in one go - haha talk about a swell first impression.

What is supposed to be so great about those mice? I've never heard anything good about the Zowie products and considered them second or third tier to the likes of Logitech and Steelseries.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline belac

« Reply #17128 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 19:01:20 »
Just got my Matias Quiet Pro from SpAmRaY. I need something quieter for the office and I think this will work nicely. Looking forward to breaking it in tomorrow. My son was also excited about it... He couldnt keep his hands off of it.

Offline Comment

« Reply #17129 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 20:10:04 »
Just got my Matias Quiet Pro from SpAmRaY. I need something quieter for the office and I think this will work nicely. Looking forward to breaking it in tomorrow. My son was also excited about it... He couldnt keep his hands off of it.
Show Image

Nice! Post an update to how it feels, ive heard nothing but good things about them  :thumb:
Check out my WTB/WTS/WTTF Thread!

HHKB Pro 2                 Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #17130 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 20:24:39 »
Show Image

Awesome! Glad it finally made it. USPS has been awful slow with some packages lately.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #17131 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 21:11:52 »

What is supposed to be so great about those mice? I've never heard anything good about the Zowie products and considered them second or third tier to the likes of Logitech and Steelseries.

You're exactly right. These are third tier products. Which is why I had to send both of them back  :p

You should read more about optical sensors vs laser sensors.
We've got some good threads here by grim fandango, vun, wetto (just off the top of my head).
The short and skinny of it is that, optical sensors are more precise and laser sensors have issues ranging from built acceleration, jitter and etc.
Most people who are particular about their devices pick optical sensors over laser sensors. However, the vast majority of products are laser sensors and sell well thanks to gimmicks and marketing.
If you look at any decent mouse tier list, you'll see that the top 3 devices always use optical sensors.
People like zowie because of the scroll wheel, the cable, the custom lenses and there's alot of stuff.
I like Logitech and I would consider their products first rate but personally I think Steelseries products are third rate and feel dirt cheap. The only thing is the g500 is only the logitech mouse with an optical sensor (it's also one of the highest rated mouse).
Sorry if this is a very abrupt explanation but you can read more about this at one of the threads.

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #17132 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 22:30:00 »
Got my new Western Digital Black 2TB hard drive today :)

Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #17133 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 22:35:33 »
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #17134 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 00:40:54 »
Today I received a box with some dude's soul.

a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Comment

« Reply #17135 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 01:08:28 »
Today I got me a Bingecap and a GasMask!

Check out my WTB/WTS/WTTF Thread!

HHKB Pro 2                 Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #17136 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 05:04:20 »
finally;

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #17137 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 05:11:26 »

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #17138 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 06:04:16 »
HHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA  :))

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡ˇᴥ ͡ˇ ʔ
« Reply #17139 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 06:52:18 »
finally;

Show Image

Wow. It would take guts to wear that. Lol
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #17140 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 07:06:00 »
You're exactly right. These are third tier products. Which is why I had to send both of them back  :p

We've got some good threads here by grim fandango, vun, wetto (just off the top of my head).
The short and skinny of it is that, optical sensors are more precise and laser sensors have issues ranging from built acceleration, jitter and etc.
Most people who are particular about their devices pick optical sensors over laser sensors. However, the vast majority of products are laser sensors and sell well thanks to gimmicks and marketing.
If you look at any decent mouse tier list, you'll see that the top 3 devices always use optical sensors.
People like zowie because of the scroll wheel, the cable, the custom lenses and there's alot of stuff.
I like Logitech and I would consider their products first rate but personally I think Steelseries products are third rate and feel dirt cheap. The only thing is the g500 is only the logitech mouse with an optical sensor (it's also one of the highest rated mouse).
Sorry if this is a very abrupt explanation but you can read more about this at one of the threads.

Thanks for the explanation. I still pull out my Logitech 518 and Microsoft Intellimouse explorer to use the optical sensors. I however think people nit picking laser versus optical and are not progamers are not going to notice a difference (for the most part aside from the mice that have the built in mouse acceleration that you can't turn off)

My first mech keyboard was a Steelseries 7G and that thing was a tank, and aside from the paint chipping off, the first Cataclysm WoW mouse is the best MMORPG mouse on the market to this day, the shape and button placement is ideal. Their headphones are kind of shoddy though comfortable, but the higher end mouse mats are awesome not the cloth ones.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #17141 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 07:07:16 »
I got my Dell A101W in the mail today, typing on it now, will post some pics later!  8)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #17142 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 07:35:33 »
finally;

Show Image

Not really lol

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #17143 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 07:46:57 »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #17144 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 07:51:10 »
finally;

Show Image

Not really lol

Balls, you have them!

:p

I have far more ostentatious clothing;
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3372/3426435840_390339bfa8_z.jpg

Not really about having balls, more about giving no ****s ;)
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 February 2014, 09:53:47 by baldgye »

Offline osi

« Reply #17145 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 08:03:08 »

Thanks for the explanation. I still pull out my Logitech 518 and Microsoft Intellimouse explorer to use the optical sensors. I however think people nit picking laser versus optical and are not progamers are not going to notice a difference (for the most part aside from the mice that have the built in mouse acceleration that you can't turn off)

My first mech keyboard was a Steelseries 7G and that thing was a tank, and aside from the paint chipping off, the first Cataclysm WoW mouse is the best MMORPG mouse on the market to this day, the shape and button placement is ideal. Their headphones are kind of shoddy though comfortable, but the higher end mouse mats are awesome not the cloth ones.

Hopefully I won't have any problems with the Zowie evo c1 CL that I just ordered. I'm sad to hear that Zowie is considered "third tier". The CL as well as other models in their lineup utilize optical sensors.

I dislike Logitech products and that's why I choose other vendors.

Offline Nojo

« Reply #17146 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 09:40:54 »
Some keycaps from EK  ;D

I think I need to replace the set with something white

Too much yellow?  :-X

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #17147 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 09:49:05 »
Some keycaps from EK  ;D

Show Image

I think I need to replace the set with something white

Show Image

Too much yellow?  :-X

Show Image

Maybe just a bit. ;)
Ivan should have some old purple ones left.

If only EK offered the Cherry esc in blue as well...
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #17148 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 09:55:03 »
There is something about that Magenta control key that makes me feel warm and fuzzy lol

Nice haul bro  :thumb:

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #17149 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 12:16:58 »
Here are a few pics (click on the following link to my imgur album for the Dell AT101W).

http://imgur.com/gallery/NYXPI/new