Author Topic: Would kill for a Red Alert set. (threadcrapping thread)  (Read 17275 times)

Offline Lethal Squirrel

• I <3 60%
Would kill for a Red Alert set. (threadcrapping thread)
« on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 13:40:21 »
If anybody wants to get rid of their Red Alert set in the future, please contact me first!  :D
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 August 2012, 21:03:25 by Lethal Squirrel »

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
Re: Would kill for a Red Alert set.
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 13:45:27 »
red alert or fake alert?  8)
Keyboardless

Offline Lethal Squirrel

• I <3 60%
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 13:48:45 »
Not sure what you mean. Are there sets that look like the red alert set or something?

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 13:49:51 »
There's Red Alert... and then there's Red Alert subset/remix by Ragnorock.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 13:50:36 »
There's Red Alert... and then there's Red Alert subset/remix by Ragnorock.

What's really the difference? Both made by SP, right?

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 13:52:57 »
The original Red Alert was massive.. I think the base set was 120+ keys...
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline MMB

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 13:54:31 »
So it was made for a full 104 layout, then? Is the new one meant for an 87 layout?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 13:56:32 »
Real red alert covered just about every mx keyboard under the sun.

Plus custom legends and so on.

So other than red on white, they are different.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 13:59:12 »
Deskthority, no pics in the OP tho... 170 keys in the base set.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline Snooter

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 14:02:43 »
The original RA also had some custom legends irrc. I think the colors are the same though so not much difference. Although I would still love an original set but, that will probably never happen.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 14:14:01 »
Not sure what you mean. Are there sets that look like the red alert set or something?

I think everyone covered it, red alert is made by OTD/DT joint project with a base kit of 170 keys and a experimental set of 18 keys, over 25 custom legends in total iirc

Fake alert is the set Ragnarok is making at the moment with basic standard Wyse font without any custom legends throughout the entire set, the other similarity is the colour used besides that they are different sets altogether. This set comes with a base 87 keyset and multiple add ons but nothing compared to the gigantic 170 base kit of the original.
Keyboardless

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 14:31:06 »
^ The difference being that with my set you're free to choose what keys you did or didn't need. Its compatible with just as many boards if you buy the appropriate set, and if you bought a base set, a mod set, a tsangan set, and an ISO set, you'll end up with 159 keys compared to the 170 that came in the base of original red alert... for less I'm pretty sure. None of the missing keys from mine reduce compatibility in any way, the others were custom legend 1x keys from OTD etc.

The only real difference is that my set does not have the custom legends, which Uranium didn't want me using.

If you want one of mine Lethal Squirrel I have leftovers. Send me a PM.
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 August 2012, 14:33:44 by Ragnorock »

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 15:00:58 »
^ The difference being that with my set you're free to choose what keys you did or didn't need. Its compatible with just as many boards if you buy the appropriate set, and if you bought a base set, a mod set, a tsangan set, and an ISO set, you'll end up with 159 keys compared to the 170 that came in the base of original red alert... for less I'm pretty sure. None of the missing keys from mine reduce compatibility in any way, the others were custom legend 1x keys from OTD etc.

The only real difference is that my set does not have the custom legends, which Uranium didn't want me using.

Fake Alert
$52 Base Kit
$27 Modifier Kit
$17 Tsagan Kit
$22 104 Kit
$20 ISO Kit
-----------------
$138 pre shipping, 158 keys total all stock legends

Red Alert
$63 Base Kit
$18 Experimental Kit
----------------
$81 pre shipping, 188 keys total with custom legends

So...
Keyboardless

Offline Lethal Squirrel

• I <3 60%
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 15:06:25 »
So, not to sound like a noob, but is there anywhere I can buy either of the sets other than the group buy. I honestly don't know if the current group buy is for the "fake" set or not.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 15:07:27 »
Current buy is for fake alert.

You're going to pay a premium.

Offline MMB

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 15:15:40 »

Fake Alert
$52 Base Kit
$27 Modifier Kit
$17 Tsagan Kit
$22 104 Kit
$20 ISO Kit
-----------------
$138 pre shipping, 158 keys total all stock legends

Red Alert
$63 Base Kit
$18 Experimental Kit
----------------
$81 pre shipping, 188 keys total with custom legends

So...

That's great to know... except for the part where you can't obtain the original set.....

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 15:17:15 »

That's great to know... except for the part where you can't obtain the original set.....
I was just asking what the OP was looking for...

Many people have found the original set before I don't see why not now. I am now merely just correctly all the wrong facts that was given out of this thread.
Keyboardless

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 15:17:26 »
Lol SP's prices were so cheap! That's cool we're calling it Fake Alert now though, didn't get the memo. -.-

Also original sets go for like $200. :o

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 15:21:52 »
Lol SP's prices were so cheap! That's cool we're calling it Fake Alert now though, didn't get the memo. -.-

Also original sets go for like $200. :o
Your secondary market pricing for fake alert is definitely more then $138 pre shipping also, unless I that got changed.

Oh wait, that wouldn't be fair to all the other people you charged $80 (+$28 more then the original pricing) for the base set for already :)
Keyboardless

Offline MMB

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 15:24:44 »
How about instead of trolling Rag's GB, you help the OP? Get over the s**t.....

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 15:28:09 »
Correcting info is trolling? Then I have 0 idea what you are doing here, not providing any info only posting smart ass comments.

I still don't know which set the OP is looking for, Rag already offered his set to him if he wants it.
Keyboardless

Offline MMB

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 15:30:49 »
Correcting info is trolling? Then I have 0 idea what you are doing here, not providing any info only posting smart ass comments.

I still don't know which set the OP is looking for, Rag already offered his set to him if he wants it.

How are my comments smart-assed because they don't agree with your trolling? Rag posted the prices for his current GB. OP has the option of HOPING to find the original set at a highly inflated price, or the option of going with what's being offered in the current GB. You don't need to bring your issues with Rag from his GB thread into here. You're a moderator? Really?...

Offline Lethal Squirrel

• I <3 60%
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 15:31:57 »
I'm looking for either set really. Price isn't really an issue lol

Offline Lethal Squirrel

• I <3 60%
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 15:35:03 »
Okay, maybe I take that back. That's pretty damn expensive!

EDIT: Sorry for the double post

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 15:36:29 »

How are my comments smart-assed because they don't agree with your trolling? Rag posted the prices for his current GB. OP has the option of HOPING to find the original set at a highly inflated price, or the option of going with what's being offered in the current GB. You don't need to bring your issues with Rag from his GB thread into here. You're a moderator? Really?...

I never brought in ANY issue of rag's GB into this, notice how I have stayed away from his GB thread altogether.

My first post on here was asking which set OP was looking for.

My second post was discussing the differences of the 2 sets since OP was not aware.

My third post was correcting rag's statement on his being cheaper.

My forth post was bring light to the matter that rag's set isn't cheaper at all with his inflated prices.

My fifth post was response to your post saying that I was trolling in my previous 4 posts.

Your comments are smart-assed because you are just accusing me of trolling when all I am doing is providing clear cut info, while not helping with any other info in this thread.

If OP is looking for the original RA set I would direct him to certain people that MIGHT have it and go from there, if he is interested in the one Rag is offering, well that's already been done by Rag himself.

I don't see what I did wrong here?

I'm looking for either set really. Price isn't really an issue lol
If either set doesn't matter and all you need is base 87 set then Rag is the way to go, easy access :)

If you are looking for the original you might have to hunt a bit harder before finding it :)
Keyboardless

Offline Lethal Squirrel

• I <3 60%
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 15:41:05 »
Alrighty. Thanks for the information guys! :D

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 15:44:16 »
your insistent that rag's "inflated prices" are so much more than Red Alert original price was
However, you know and I know, noone's selling you a red alert original for under $100.
So your point of how it was originally that price last year is quite useless, don't you think?
So isn't it trolling to say rag's prices are so much, when the secondary market for RA is now $200+ as of the last set that was sold?

Shouldn't you use the current secondary price of the RA to compare to Rag's "inflated" price?  also i find it funny too that apparently the community is suppose to be about spreading keycaps to everyone who wants it, so everyone can experience it.  But like rag said, Uranium didn't want the custom legends to be used, so to preserve the "Rarity" of his original RA i guess.  Which then causes inflated secondary pricing because of said "rarity"

Anyway, sidetracked:
OP, if you want the red on white, buy a set from Rag.
You'll get it in your choice of customization and prices.

If you're gonna hold out for the original set, check out Deskthority, they'll prob have someone willing to sell you one
expect to pay around $200 for it.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 15:46:57 »
I completely agree that it will be hard to find the original set for under $100 I am with you there. For $200 you can find it I will also agree with.

With the secondary prices of Rag with all the addons it will be similar prices, no? I was just stating the original price ONLY because Rag says his set was cheaper that's all.
Keyboardless

Offline MMB

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 15:50:06 »
I used the term 'trolling' primarily because of the sarcastic tone when referring to Rag's GB. It's pretty obviously there. While you did provide information relative to the topic, you laced it with your disdain for Rag's GB. It can't be any more obvious. I would have simply said the facts, minus the undertone.

But like I said, if you can find the original set at an affordable price, good luck. Otherwise, your only option is the new group buy.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 15:53:07 »
I used the term 'trolling' primarily because of the sarcastic tone when referring to Rag's GB. It's pretty obviously there. While you did provide information relative to the topic, you laced it with your disdain for Rag's GB. It can't be any more obvious. I would have simply said the facts, minus the undertone.

But like I said, if you can find the original set at an affordable price, good luck. Otherwise, your only option is the new group buy.
I apologize for the sarcastic tone you might have gotten from my post then, that was completely unintended, like I said I was just hoping to provide clear facts.

I have no problem with rag's GB hence why I have not said a single thing in his actual GB thread so far and I even suggested to OP that if he doesn't care which set he gets then to go with rag :)
Keyboardless

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 16:00:00 »
Don't hunt me down!

Offline Snooter

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 16:02:54 »
Sounds like you got something I want...

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 16:06:21 »
Yeah Tsangan and I have no beef with each other, we're pretty close when it comes to working together to get people the keys people want most at a price they can afford. Everyone has just had their jimmies rustled the last 24 hours, myself included, for that I apologize. I can detect the sarcasm in his posts too, but I can take a bit of crap from a friend. :P Anyways, $115 for a base set with red or grey mods isn't too bad, and it was even cheaper when I put them on sale at the end of last month.

Lethal, if you want a set let me know, I didn't buy extras of the Tsangan kits, ISO kits etc, so it won't have the compatibility (or the high price) that the original set has, but if you don't need them and don't mind not having the custom legends from the first group buy, I can get you what you want.

Offline bellaisa

« Reply #33 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 16:09:49 »
zyzz frowns upon all this bickering.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards

Offline Lethal Squirrel

• I <3 60%
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 16:35:54 »
That would be awesome Rag! I sent you a PM earlier before I read that. I just sent another. ;)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 17:08:36 »

I think everyone covered it, red alert is made by OTD/DT joint project with a base kit of 170 keys and a experimental set of 18 keys, over 25 custom legends in total iirc

Fake alert is the set Ragnarok is making at the moment with basic standard Wyse font without any custom legends throughout the entire set, the other similarity is the colour used besides that they are different sets altogether. This set comes with a base 87 keyset and multiple add ons but nothing compared to the gigantic 170 base kit of the original.

Sorry, tsangan, I have to call you out on this one. You say you're not trolling, but my bull**** detector says otherwise. "Fake Alert." Really? How is that not trolling.

OP, GLWWTB. I hope you found what you are looking for.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 17:25:19 »
That's what other people calls it, i just follow suit.

Calling it Red Alert causes problems such as this one :)

Keyboardless

Offline Acanthophis

« Reply #38 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 17:32:23 »
A lot of tension around here lately...

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 17:38:24 »
I'd prefer it if we didn't perpetuate that. This is the first I've heard that being used and everyone else just calls it RA or RA round 2.

Be all postmodern and call it Red Alert 2.0!

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 18:20:42 »
I would pay $200 for an original set :)

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 18:31:05 »
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN. ;______________________;

Offline Snooter

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 19:29:32 »
I think I would too longweight

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 19:33:40 »
It's a nice set, but it's not worth $200 =)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 21:04:02 »
that is how these stupid ass prices start.

Offline Xerobasix

« Reply #45 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 22:16:57 »
Also very interested in a set sent you a pm earlier about it rag

not trying to snipe or thread jack... need the posts

also GL with your buy lethal :)
CM Quickfire Rapid - Brown | Blue | Red

Offline Lethal Squirrel

• I <3 60%
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 22:52:04 »
Rag ended up having an extra set for me. I grabbed it!
Goodluck to you as well, Xero!

Offline Bar81

« Reply #47 on: Fri, 03 August 2012, 09:28:53 »
It's a nice set, but it's not worth $200 =)

Exactly.  These prices are getting stupid.  $200 for keysets, $150 for CCs.  Dumb.

Offline xJaPx

• Oh, Herro!
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 03 August 2012, 12:00:50 »
Yeah Tsangan and I have no beef with each other, we're pretty close when it comes to working together to get people the keys people want most at a price they can afford. Everyone has just had their jimmies rustled the last 24 hours, myself included, for that I apologize. I can detect the sarcasm in his posts too, but I can take a bit of crap from a friend. :P Anyways, $115 for a base set with red or grey mods isn't too bad, and it was even cheaper when I put them on sale at the end of last month.

lol, who rustled your jimmy? ;)
| Poker MX Red |

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 03 August 2012, 13:58:13 »