Author Topic: Shades of Red  (Read 31252 times)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: Shades of Red
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 12 August 2012, 12:58:17 »
stumbling LOL!

trying to **** a company over isn't stumbling.

it's being a ****ing crook.

a bad one at that since the idiot got caught then tried to save face by saying "oh i was just kidding! LULZ!"
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
Shades of Red
« Reply #151 on: Sun, 12 August 2012, 13:35:38 »
People who have been here for a while have given rag plenty of benefit of the doubt.  Only new members who haven't been following rag's activities would give him benefit of the doubt.

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #152 on: Sun, 12 August 2012, 16:22:18 »
People who have been here for a while have given rag plenty of benefit of the doubt.  Only new members who haven't been following rag's activities would give him benefit of the doubt.

IMO, seems like people should just do whatever they feel. By that I mean participate in his GBs or don't, or simply interact with him or don't. All the antics are now on the record, so maybe it's time to close down shop (this thread) and if anyone questions what happened just refer them to the quotes? Letting it fester is only bad for the community.

Cheers,
IBM Model M 1390120, Otaku Unicomp+RGB, CM QFR Green, Ducky YOTD Red, SSK MKII,
ErgoDox Blue, ErgoDox White

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #153 on: Sun, 12 August 2012, 21:22:52 »
besides lets be honest, majority of the people in classified section are out to make $$ or at least recoup the $$ they spent on the keycaps (myself included in this generalization)

I got ragged on last year for trying to sell brand new keyboards at prices similar to prices from amazon for some odd reason

Offline Glissant

Re: Re: Shades of Red
« Reply #154 on: Sun, 12 August 2012, 21:24:49 »
besides lets be honest, majority of the people in classified section are out to make $$ or at least recoup the $$ they spent on the keycaps (myself included in this generalization)

I got ragged on last year for trying to sell brand new keyboards at prices similar to prices from amazon for some odd reason
Did you offer warranty? Didn't think so.

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #155 on: Sun, 12 August 2012, 21:27:10 »
Because you can return it to a retailer if there are issues.  Buyer's take risks when they buy from individuals.

edit:  Yeah what he said ^^  (multitasking FTL)
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #156 on: Sun, 12 August 2012, 21:27:21 »

IMO, seems like people should just do whatever they feel. By that I mean participate in his GBs or don't, or simply interact with him or don't. All the antics are now on the record, so maybe it's time to close down shop (this thread) and if anyone questions what happened just refer them to the quotes? Letting it fester is only bad for the community.

Cheers,
Uh, no, people pulling the kind of **** Ragnorock has pulled and letting people get away with it is bad for the community. Encouraging this kind of 'if you don't like it, close your mouth' attitude does nothing but imply that ****ty behavior should go unnoticed and unchecked in the community. I don't want to see that happen.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #157 on: Sun, 12 August 2012, 21:31:20 »

Did you offer warranty? Didn't think so.
Because you can return it to a retailer if there are issues.  Buyer's take risks when they buy from individuals.

edit:  Yeah what he said ^^  (multitasking FTL)

But again, why does it matter?
I sold them at $5 or $10 dollars cheaper than Amazon prices if I recall
Also Amazon was sold out on MJ2 TKL MX Blue base models
All they had  for MX Blue TKL were the Yellow Caps, so you couldn't get it from amazon.
And besides, was I threatening people to buy my keyboards?

This is the attitude I was talking about.  I had the same discussion in my actual thread, noone could link to me where to buy that keyboard on amazon (cause it was sold out and not offered).
They just kept linking the Yellow key version
How much is an ABS Filco set from people?  $25? $20? what if someone wanted the black one

I dunno i personally thing if its a Classified, if you ain't buying, you really shouldn't be sticking your nose into someone's classified if its not anything to assist in the sale.
I just find that its a form of threadcrapping.

Cheers,
Uh, no, people pulling the kind of **** Ragnorock has pulled and letting people get away with it is bad for the community. Encouraging this kind of 'if you don't like it, close your mouth' attitude does nothing but imply that ****ty behavior should go unnoticed and unchecked in the community. I don't want to see that happen.
i'd think more drama and awareness should be paid to someone like Changdrew who still hasn't shipped out 1 of his GBs, and has over $1k from multiple members on this forum

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #158 on: Sun, 12 August 2012, 22:25:06 »
Hey...most of you know that I've had a rough time this last year, and especially the last 4 months (see "Stalker Drama") I've been slowly coming out of the slump, but have had some setbacks this last month and am very concerned about my next 4-6 weeks regarding employment and my living situation. I have not manipulated anyone or anything to my advantage in any way what so ever. I've even thrown myself under the bus on the few items I have not performed 100% on with customers/employer/creditors. I've not made any excuses for my shortfalls. I've conducted myself honestly and openly with all. And in some ways I've paid the price.

If there are people that have lied, used smoke and mirrors, made excuses (there's NEVER an excuse), or in any way not been entirely above board with all dealings....I say STAY AWAY. If someone even is close to being in question, they should cease and let someone else do the job. Any questions or doubt is unacceptable, and someone doing the group buys should have the integrity to realize they are bringing the community down, even if they didn't intentionally do anything that they think is inappropriate. Just the appearance of improper conduct is enough justification for this to end. This is not an issue of defending someone that may or may not be guilty...they should let the GBs go and retain their dignity. That's the right thing to do. If they don't then that shows they are in it for the money primarily...and that makes me suspicious. Now, if people continue to choose to do GBs with 'tainted' individuals...they are also contributing to the lowering of the community standards, and are in affect, one in the same.

You must conduct yourself beyond reproach. Period.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #159 on: Sun, 12 August 2012, 22:29:58 »

Cheers,

Hey now, I think you're reading into something that isn't there. In no way was my post condoning or encouraging past behavior. My point was thus: The community hath spoken. If the issue needs to be revisited or if someone wants to challenge what has already occurred, then they can be referred here. But to keep going on and on about this issue is meaningless. I think it's bad when the news focuses on a single topic for weeks on end (Michael Jackson's death for instance), when there is other, meaningful events going on. This community, to me, should not behave in a similar fashion. Sth, your point has been made. Those who want to see it and read it can do so. Why keep going, drilling the same thing over and over? What are you going to prove which you haven't already?

I'm not criticizing you, I'm not defending Ragnorock. Please don't assume I have a position in the argument past. Its details doesn't really concern me  on a personal level(I have no real interaction with the man). I just don't want to have it occur where one "side" makes a post (potentially aggressively) and the other then feels the need to retaliate, initiating an endless cycle. I do hope I'm being more clear, let me know if there is anything you find confusing or want me to clear up. Otherwise I'm getting out of posting in this thread.

Cheers,

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #160 on: Sun, 12 August 2012, 22:31:34 »
OrangeJewce:
Nice avatar!!
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #161 on: Sun, 12 August 2012, 22:35:45 »
OrangeJewce:
Nice avatar!!

Thanks a lot. Shoutout to the person who provided inspiration (its based on an icon drawing, which I'm using in the ErgoDox project) which I imbued my name and changed the color of. I'll add that persons username on the official product and in the credits. No hero will go unsung!

(srsly last post in thread. couldn't resist because nirvana is an awesome guy.)

Cheers,

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #162 on: Mon, 13 August 2012, 14:37:38 »
This has been beaten to death and there is no point letting this go on.  Topic locked.
Russ