Author Topic: Wireless Mouse?  (Read 7604 times)

Offline Upcboy

• Perfect Aim
Wireless Mouse?
« on: Thu, 16 August 2012, 10:54:15 »
I've bought a new laptop and to play games on it I will need a new mouse. My Current Desktop mouse is a Razer Imperator. It is perfect in size and weight. So my question, Can any one suggest a similar mouse that is wireless?

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Re: Wireless Mouse?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 17 August 2012, 01:02:27 »
I doubt is similiar but the g700 is a great wireless mouse.

Offline Upcboy

• Perfect Aim
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 17 August 2012, 14:01:19 »
Thats actually one i'm considering.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 17 August 2012, 14:31:12 »
One thing to be aware of is the batteries die rather quickly so i recommended picking up a pack of batteries with a charger as well it uses eneloop batteries you can find them on amazon.

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 17 August 2012, 14:32:29 »
+1 for the g700. This thing eats batteries tho -_-
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline Viz

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 17 August 2012, 15:08:33 »
How about the mx performance?

Offline Upcboy

• Perfect Aim
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 17 August 2012, 16:52:02 »
I have a Client that uses the MX Anywhere and he hasn't had to change the batteries since we got it a few months ago so I'm kinda leaning toward the MX anywhere or Performance.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 17 August 2012, 17:09:02 »
I have the M510, it's a good mouse but is heavy with two AA batteries, that's why I only use one of the battery slots. Overall I still like wired mice more since they weight less and are easier to move. Different strokes for different folks
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Upcboy

• Perfect Aim
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 17 August 2012, 18:47:43 »
I have the M510, it's a good mouse but is heavy with two AA batteries, that's why I only use one of the battery slots. Overall I still like wired mice more since they weight less and are easier to move. Different strokes for different folks

I really like the a mouse that takes some effort to move so a heavy mouse would be great. I have a Microsoft 6000 and its okay its just light and not responsive enough i'm used to a 5400dpi mouse set at almost max so its a huge change switching between the 2.

Offline Rafen

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 17 August 2012, 19:04:32 »
Do any of you notice lag when using a wireless mouse? I play a lot of FPS games and that is the one thing that is stopping me from getting a while mouse. I really like the look and feel of the mx performance and was thinking about getting that myself.

Offline Upcboy

• Perfect Aim
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 19 August 2012, 18:59:58 »
Do any of you notice lag when using a wireless mouse? I play a lot of FPS games and that is the one thing that is stopping me from getting a while mouse. I really like the look and feel of the mx performance and was thinking about getting that myself.

I ended up buying the mx anyhwere (its slightly smaller better for throwing in the laptop case) but there is not any noticeable lag. The only issue I have ever had with wireless mouses is having it die with out me noticing it. but the logitech starts glowing when its dying. They are as reliable as an Xbox or PS3 wireless controller.

Offline Rafen

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 19 August 2012, 20:00:48 »
Thanks a lot. I think I am going to order the mx performance mouse because I can get it for $80 shipped.

Offline Upcboy

• Perfect Aim
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 20 August 2012, 14:27:13 »
Just a side note. The mouse scroll on the MX anywhere has an interesting feature. The scroll wheel can pop in and out of place depending on if you like a tactile feed back on you wheel of if you want it to just scroll effortlessly ( I like the Tactile feed back ) I thought the mouse was broken when I accidentally popped it out of place lol.

Offline Rafen

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 23 August 2012, 21:04:43 »
I just purchased the mx performance mouse and all I can say is Wow! This mouse is amazing and it fits my hand perfect. The only thing that would worry me is the length of battery life.

Offline N8N

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 24 August 2012, 01:46:46 »
Batteries on Performance last about a week for me at work.  But it charges with USB cable so is not a huge deal.  There's always one plugged into my computer because the same cable charges my phone.

There is only one thing that I don't like about the Performance and that is that the side-side scroll by nudging the scroll wheel just feels like crap.  Everything else about it I pretty much like.
Filco Majestouch-2 with Cherry Corp. doubleshot keys - Leopold Tenkeyless Tactile Force with Wyse doubleshots - Silicon Graphics 9500900 - WASD V1 - IBM Model M 52G9658 - Noppoo Choc Pro with Cherry lasered PBT keycaps - Wyse 900866-01 - Cherry G80-8200LPBUS/07 - Dell AT101W - several Cherry G81s (future doubleshot donors) (order of current preference) (dang I have too many keyboards, I really only need two)

Offline Upcboy

• Perfect Aim
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 24 August 2012, 15:10:48 »
Batteries on Performance last about a week for me at work.  But it charges with USB cable so is not a huge deal.  There's always one plugged into my computer because the same cable charges my phone.

There is only one thing that I don't like about the Performance and that is that the side-side scroll by nudging the scroll wheel just feels like crap.  Everything else about it I pretty much like.

wow is the battery life that low? my Anywhere says its got at least 3 months of use... I've had it a week and it still tells me 89 days left. but then again mine doesn't recharge..

Offline Rafen

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 28 August 2012, 14:14:59 »

I have had this mouse for less than a week and I have already charged it twice. I think this is a huge draw back to this mouse and I might be returning it because of this and looking into getting something with a longer battery life.

Offline Upcboy

• Perfect Aim
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 29 August 2012, 16:37:08 »

I have had this mouse for less than a week and I have already charged it twice. I think this is a huge draw back to this mouse and I might be returning it because of this and looking into getting something with a longer battery life.
wow go with the MX Anywhere its smaller but quite heavy because of the 2 double A batteries. I've had mine going on 2 weeks and it still tells me 80 plus days of battery life.

Offline Rafen

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 29 August 2012, 17:09:03 »
I sent logitech an e-mail about it and I'm waiting to hear back from them. If they tell me this is normal for this mouse I am returning it and buying something different.

Offline N8N

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 29 August 2012, 17:38:07 »
Try the Marathon Mouse?  I don't have a problem with the PMMX I just plug it in overnight when the battery gets low, been using it @ work for ages and really like it.  You can use it while it is charging as well if you inadvertantly let it get too low.  Really if they would fix the side scroll and change the shape of the right side a little bit to get rid of pinky drag it would be perfect for me.  I'm still trying to find a "perfect" mouse - the ones I've liked so far:

PMMX: side scroll tactile feedback nonexistent; no pinky support.
R.A.T. 7: damn near perfect ergonomically; sensor is a disaster.  So far I've only been able to get it to track on cloth or paper, and I really like hard surfaces for my mouse.
Mionix Naos 3600: just started using this one, so not really up on it... but it feels almost as nice in the hand as the other two, better shape WRT pinky than the PMMX.  Sensor seems nice, but I haven't even bothered trying to configure it yet just using it "out of the box."  I kind of miss the freewheeling/clicky selectable scroll of the PMMX and the complete lack of side scrolling is a disappointment (I reconfigured the thumb wheel on the RAT to do side scroll in Linux)  However I bought it used and inexpensively and it is a fine good feeling mouse.

So... if someone could take a R.A.T. 9 (the wireless version of the R.A.T. 7) and use a Logitech or Mionix sensor, then map the thumbwheel in hardware to side scroll instead of making it a higher button number by default, that might be my perfect mouse.

NB: I don't game, but I do do CAD work occasionally.
Filco Majestouch-2 with Cherry Corp. doubleshot keys - Leopold Tenkeyless Tactile Force with Wyse doubleshots - Silicon Graphics 9500900 - WASD V1 - IBM Model M 52G9658 - Noppoo Choc Pro with Cherry lasered PBT keycaps - Wyse 900866-01 - Cherry G80-8200LPBUS/07 - Dell AT101W - several Cherry G81s (future doubleshot donors) (order of current preference) (dang I have too many keyboards, I really only need two)

Offline Rafen

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 30 August 2012, 05:54:47 »
I received and e-mail last night form Logitech and they said that the battery life on the MX performance mouse is only 3 to 4 days. I am returning this to the store today because I don't think spending this amount of money on a mouse should the battery life only last for a few days.

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 30 August 2012, 15:37:34 »
I suggest pawing the mice in a shop where you can just go and paw everything and check out the boxes for information. Some batteries last like forever. What matters is mostly the ergonomics and that's mostly best checked by pawing, the specs aren't really a 100% must, not even in gaming.

Offline Upcboy

• Perfect Aim
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 30 August 2012, 20:50:00 »
wow really they said its only 3-4 days? I'm glad I didn't get that mouse thats crazy!

Offline adelinebosanquet

• Mobile Application Development
Wireless Mouse
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 06:50:10 »
You can also use the Dell wireless mouse in multiple series.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 07:06:03 »
One more vote for the Anywhere MX. Best mouse I've ever had. On rechargeable Eneloop batteries it goes for 2 months on avg. Energizers (not rechargeable) probably double that.

I think I'm going to buy a couple of spare AnywhereMX just in case logitech dismisses it.

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 09:09:28 »

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline NKRO

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 11:11:21 »
Just a side note. The mouse scroll on the MX anywhere has an interesting feature. The scroll wheel can pop in and out of place depending on if you like a tactile feed back on you wheel of if you want it to just scroll effortlessly ( I like the Tactile feed back ) I thought the mouse was broken when I accidentally popped it out of place lol.
Personally I really dislike my Anywhere MX. I like that it tracks on just about anything, but there are no DPI options, the buttons are too stiff, the wheel is crap - very loose detents, and generally feels cheap because it's made to switch between free scrolling, notched and can also tilt.

Mine has started running through a set of batteries in about a week now (I use Eneloops) and I have started to get wrist pain due to the small size and flat profile.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 11:21:20 »
Personally I really dislike my Anywhere MX. I like that it tracks on just about anything, but there are no DPI options, the buttons are too stiff, the wheel is crap - very loose detents, and generally feels cheap because it's made to switch between free scrolling, notched and can also tilt.

Mine has started running through a set of batteries in about a week now (I use Eneloops) and I have started to get wrist pain due to the small size and flat profile.

can't believe we are talking about the the same mouse. I have 2 (my wife also has one) and battery usage is pretty consistent (2 months with eneloops). Or you have a defective mouse, or Logitech lowered the production quality of new anywhere mx (I got mine a couple of years ago).

Regarding the stiff click, I agree and I like it a lot :) Very solid feedback and doesn't feel cheap at all.

Offline NKRO

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 11:32:55 »
It wouldn't surprise me, as Logitech's quality control seems very poor in my experience. I've had mine for about a year. The battery in my K750 has just needed replacing as well, as it stopped holding a charge after about 9 months, and was losing 30% a day. (supposed to last 3 months!)

Solid action on buttons can be a good thing (Roccat Savu seems to be the best balance between solid action, and being too stiff in my experience) but the Anywhere MX buttons just require too much force for a mouse its size. It's the wheel that feels cheap to me, because it's always loose due to the ability to lock/unlock it, and tilt sideways. I'm never going to buy another mouse with either of those features again, far too imprecise.

Offline tubby

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 01:31:09 »
Since it was mentioned that the mouse is for gaming use, I'm a bit surprised as to why you guys didn't consider looking into gaming mice.
They are a whole lot more power hungry... most gaming wireless mouse I've tried couldn't last more than a day.
But they do offer a much higher polling rate; 1000Mhz as opposed to 125Mhz on most non-gaming mice, and also a much higher dpi.

If its for gaming purposes, and battery life is of concern, I'd think the Gigabyte M8600 could be a good choice.
If I remember correctly, each of their battery lasts over a week, and they supply 2 which can be swapped very easily.
There's a video here showing it can be done in just a few seconds
They also give you an option of attaching a cable to it.
More
Realforce 87UB SE1700 | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco Kobo Red Wood | Filco FKBN87MR/CB2 | Filco FKBN97MRL/EW2 | Filco FKBN87MC/EY2 | Filco FKBN87M/EMU2 | Filco FKBN104M/EB-AI | Filco FKBN104MC/EB | Ducky DK9008 | KBC Poker brown | Realforce 23UB WC01B0 | Filco FKB22MB

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 22:49:43 »
Just picked up a Performance Mouse MX today from Best Buy for work. Will let you guys know how it's battery life works out next weekend.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #31 on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 03:14:32 »
Still prefer the g700 more buttons and my thumb feels less cramped also has changable dpi i dont believe the preformance mx has that.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 04:02:03 »
Yeah, it does. Just a simple toggle between two settings though.

Offline tubby

« Reply #33 on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 08:00:55 »
Still prefer the g700 more buttons and my thumb feels less cramped also has changable dpi i dont believe the preformance mx has that.
My experience with the G700 wasn't all too nice.
Its grip didn't quite suit me, its sensor didn't track well on a Puretrak Talent, and I can feel its internals rattling whenever I lift the mouse.
The only thing I miss is its Hyperscroll.
But I was an early adopter... perhaps they would likely have them fixed by now.
Is your sig saying you own 3 G700s? =D
More
Realforce 87UB SE1700 | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco Kobo Red Wood | Filco FKBN87MR/CB2 | Filco FKBN97MRL/EW2 | Filco FKBN87MC/EY2 | Filco FKBN87M/EMU2 | Filco FKBN104M/EB-AI | Filco FKBN104MC/EB | Ducky DK9008 | KBC Poker brown | Realforce 23UB WC01B0 | Filco FKB22MB

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Re: Re: Wireless Mouse?
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 08 October 2012, 01:26:43 »
My experience with the G700 wasn't all too nice.
Its grip didn't quite suit me, its sensor didn't track well on a Puretrak Talent, and I can feel its internals rattling whenever I lift the mouse.
The only thing I miss is its Hyperscroll.
But I was an early adopter... perhaps they would likely have them fixed by now.
Is your sig saying you own 3 G700s? =D
well its a palm grip same grip almost from the mx revolution

Sensor track fine on anything ive ever had it on soft hard dark or bright

None of mine have rattles their very solid

And yes i have 3 i have 2 desktop setups and my laptop so one for each all setup the same on the same pc so i can just import profiles.

Offline tubby

Re: Re: Wireless Mouse?
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 11:28:31 »
well its a palm grip same grip almost from the mx revolution

Sensor track fine on anything ive ever had it on soft hard dark or bright

None of mine have rattles their very solid

And yes i have 3 i have 2 desktop setups and my laptop so one for each all setup the same on the same pc so i can just import profiles.
I too am a palm grip user. But somehow the G700 grip doesn't suit me well.
Oddly enough, before switching to gaming mice, I have been using what I believe is Logitech's very first laser mouse, which appearance-wise looks largely similar to the G700, but grips very differently. Not too sure what it's called though.
Edit: yes, it indeed is their first laser mouse. I just did a quick search and this is the mouse. I'm still using it on my old computer =p

Back then, there were several complains regarding the rattling issue. They must've fixed it by now =)

But with the tracking issues, and the rattling, I almost thought I received a defective unit.
Although strangely enough, after I put it up for sale, the buyer didn't report any complains, even though I explain every single issues and giving him the option of returning it within a weeks time.
Could be just me being overly picky :-[

But yes, I heard the G700 being recommended quite a lot recently =)
I've moved to wired mouse now though, while still in search for my perfect wireless gaming mice: comfortable grip, good batt life, ample macro buttons..... and a thumbscroll :p
More

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 14:04:41 »
If you like palm grip you should definitely try the G600 its definitely unique.