Author Topic: Is there any backlit white keyboards with cherry mx reds?  (Read 4385 times)

Offline Reason

Is there any backlit white keyboards with cherry mx reds?
« on: Sun, 09 September 2012, 20:27:59 »
hey guys

I'm currently looking for a full white colored keyboard that is backlit o_o

I can't seem to find one. (The only full white colored keyboard I found were Filco and Leopold and they are both not back lit... )

and after trying numerous switches, I think I like Cherry MX Reds the best..

anyone know of any keyboards like that?

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
Re: Is there any backlit white keyboards with cherry mx reds?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 09 September 2012, 20:35:55 »
RACE LE white version should come with mx red option
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 09 September 2012, 20:37:26 »
RACE LE white version should come with mx red option

Thats the only board I can think of as well, but can't seem to find it in stock anywhere. Maybe on Taobao? Also Reason, did you mean "full white" any size board, or a "full size" white board?

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 09 September 2012, 20:38:10 »
i think qtan has/had it.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 09 September 2012, 20:39:41 »
i think qtan has/had it.

Just looked on the site, and only normal RACE now.

Offline Reason

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 09 September 2012, 20:48:55 »
:O where do i buy the RACE LE keyboards??????????

Offline f/64

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 09 September 2012, 21:12:20 »
Isn't there a white, backlit Keycool?

Edit: I combined this review and the Keycool backlits thread evidently. Sorry.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34692.msg642320#msg642320
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 September 2012, 21:18:37 by f/64 »

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 09 September 2012, 21:13:59 »
oh now that i think about it there should be a ducky year of the something or other that is all white. check qtan or mechanicalkeyboards.com

Offline f/64

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 09 September 2012, 21:23:59 »
:O where do i buy the RACE LE keyboards??????????

http://www.amazon.co.uk/KBTalking-backlight-International-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B00880IQ6E

! UK though, so shipping might be pretty expensive.

JK.... I'm just full of bad info tonight. I just tried buying one, and you can't have electronics shipped from the UK to the US.
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 September 2012, 21:26:19 by f/64 »

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 09 September 2012, 21:26:02 »
oh now that i think about it there should be a ducky year of the something or other that is all white. check qtan or mechanicalkeyboards.com

Ducky Year of the Rabbit is all white, but no LEDs.

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 09 September 2012, 23:57:27 »
I think I read somewhere on WASD Keyboard's Facebook page, that they were planning to get their V2 Keyboards with both black and white colour and backlit.  But they couldn't get the white somehow so now it's only black and backlit.  :(

Btw their V2 is coming out before end of this year.  And only white LED as option.  I'd actually wait for Thermaltake it almost feel like they'll have a higher chance of releasing a white backlit keyboard.  This is from Computex 2012 and it looks like they want to cover all LED colors and all switches.  :)

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=35133.0
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 September 2012, 00:00:11 by Hyde »

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 05:00:57 »
You might also like to have a look here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34880.0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 06:17:08 »
There is only one white tenkeyless backlit board, which is the LE Race.

However, don't get it. It's crap. The white paint of the case comes off by scratching with your finger.

there is none other, atleast tkl, trust me on this...
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 September 2012, 06:19:24 by Cindori »

Offline aeta

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 06:32:01 »
Keycool 87? Its relatively new compared to the non backlit version, i think taobao has it

Tapatalk: GT-I92100
Keycool 84, IBM Model M SSK, Noppoo Choc Pro
http://imgur.com/a/z2x2p#0

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 06:34:30 »
Keycool 87? Its relatively new compared to the non backlit version, i think taobao has it

Tapatalk: GT-I92100
there is a black with leds, but no white one.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 07:36:25 »
Will you be able to configure the Ducky Shine II to be white on white?  That might happen.

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 08:02:57 »
Will you be able to configure the Ducky Shine II to be white on white?  That might happen.

no white case color available from what I can see: http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/DK9008_Shine2.html

they doo seem to plan other color keycaps, so I guess that's exiciting:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.361417140600053.84262.117547488320354&type=1

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 10:14:48 »
How about putting a ducky shine 2 in a year of the rabbit case?

Offline Reason

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 12:24:43 »

However, don't get it. It's crap. The white paint of the case comes off by scratching with your finger.

so I really really like the looks of the RACE Limted Edition white version with cherry MX reds

and these guys seem to have it in stock http://rabbitwebfactory.com

they are a company based in Singapore and I sent them an email yesterday night, and they said they have both the whites and pinks in stock

They responded to me really fast and they seem like a legit company..

but, is the quality of the RACE LE keyboards really that bad?? (was it just bad on that one keyboard or are all of them like that?)

and do you guys think this company is legit? they said they can ship the keyboard to me from singapore for $60 shipping with shipping numbers (for two keyboards)

Offline f/64

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 12:39:45 »

so I really really like the looks of the RACE Limted Edition white version with cherry MX reds

they are a company based in Singapore and I sent them an email yesterday night, and they said they have both the whites and pinks in stock

but, is the quality of the RACE LE keyboards really that bad?? (was it just bad on that one keyboard or are all of them like that?)

and do you guys think this company is legit? they said they can ship the keyboard to me from singapore for $60 shipping with shipping numbers (for two keyboards)

I've seen a lot of complaints about quality on both the Race and Pure. I've also seen a lot for sale with 10-15 minutes of use it seems like. Of course if you spend $130 on an item and don't like it, you're much more likely to talk about it than if you do like it. You could always get the black Keycool and paint the case if you're worried about spending $130 and not liking it.

Edit:

http://www.facebook.com/rabbitwebfactory

They seem legit, and $30 per board with tracking seems fair.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 September 2012, 12:42:19 by f/64 »

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 13:46:45 »

Rabbitwebfactory are legit, but dude, you asked for it:

and yes, more people have reported this:

I got a white one in fengs groupbuy, the paint on the sides of the casing comes off extremely easily.. like I can scratch it off, is this the same case with yours?
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 September 2012, 13:48:45 by Cindori »

Offline Reason

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 15:13:13 »
D:.......... ugh that looks horrific...

Was that group buy quite a while ago?  Is there a possibility that they revised the keyboard and improved the quality?

and would there be any quality difference between All-White version and the black/white version post above?

does anyone happen to have all white limited edition here?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 15:29:18 »
It's white under the white paint? I was expecting they were cheap and just painted black case from standard edition. But why would they paint a white thing another shade of white, totally pointless.

Also, Ducky did have a white body iShine tenkeyless at one of the tech shows in the summer. Whether they are putting it into production I don't know.

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 15:29:53 »
That IS an all white version. There is no black-white version. I switched the caps myself.

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 15:31:29 »
It's white under the white paint? I was expecting they were cheap and just painted black case from standard edition. But why would they paint a white thing another shade of white, totally pointless.

No its not white, more like dirty white half transluscent default mold plastic color.

Offline Reason

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 17:35:33 »
That IS an all white version. There is no black-white version. I switched the caps myself.

oh man.. I guess I'm not gonna purchase one :/
It's gonna cost $139 + $30 shipping from Singapore...
and it seems like a pretty low quality board for that price.

Offline Reason

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 17:36:09 »

Also, Ducky did have a white body iShine tenkeyless at one of the tech shows in the summer. Whether they are putting it into production I don't know.

Do you have a link for that by any chance?