Author Topic: Hello GeekHack  (Read 2001 times)

Offline justin one

Hello GeekHack
« on: Tue, 18 September 2012, 03:21:27 »
What a wonderful site you have! I recently made my first mechanical keyboard purchase of a Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja w/ brown switches and am already looking at other keyboards for purchase. I'd like to get a Poker w/ red switches and PBT caps but as far as I can tell they are rarely in stock so I'll just have to wait it out.

This seems like a pretty awesome community.
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 September 2012, 03:23:39 by justin one »
[ KBC Poker ] [ Ducky DK9087 ]

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
Re: Hello GeekHack
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 18 September 2012, 03:31:09 »
Buy a poker and then a set of PBT keycaps to replace them ; p

Welcome to GeekHack.
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 September 2012, 03:33:09 by hazeluff »
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline justin one

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 18 September 2012, 10:32:44 »

Welcome to GeekHack.

That is exactly what I'd do, but it seems pretty impossible to find a Poker w/ red switches at the moment (without getting one used). The only ones I could find were the blacks at mechanicalkeyboards.com.
[ KBC Poker ] [ Ducky DK9087 ]

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 18 September 2012, 10:52:08 »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 18 September 2012, 12:17:25 »

Welcome to GeekHack.

That is exactly what I'd do, but it seems pretty impossible to find a Poker w/ red switches at the moment (without getting one used). The only ones I could find were the blacks at mechanicalkeyboards.com.

You can pretty easily find blue/red/brown springs via classifieds on here and do an easy mod without soldering to "ghetto reds" on all the switches with no LEDs. Best part about the poker is the ease of beginner modding and switch testing and compatibility with keycap sets.

Welcome to GH!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 18 September 2012, 17:07:13 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

One keyboard.  Then another.  Then some key caps ...

And then .....

Your wallet will not recover ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ