Author Topic: Finally!!  (Read 2785 times)

Offline SwissFTW

Finally!!
« on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 14:47:34 »
Hello GH!

So I've been forum lurking for a while now and decided that I would finally join the community. I actually just purchased my first mechanical keyboard last week (Ducky YOTD Browns), and Im already hooked! Looking to purchase a second one to leave at work and start looking into custom keycaps.

Anyway, just wanted to make my first post here and introduce myself as I'm sure I will pop up here and there. :)

WhiteFox  | HHKB Pro 2 | KBT Pure MX Browns | CM Storm MX Browns | Ducky YOTD MX Browns | Ducky Shine II MX Browns
    TrueFox

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Re: Finally!!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 14:48:16 »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 14:48:57 »
Welcome to GH!

YOTD is a beautiful board to start with!

And as always, RIP your wallet :p

Offline SwissFTW

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 14:51:26 »
Yeah no kidding! I have no regrets about it though. Wondering how I went so long without a mechanical board now that I have one.

WhiteFox  | HHKB Pro 2 | KBT Pure MX Browns | CM Storm MX Browns | Ducky YOTD MX Browns | Ducky Shine II MX Browns
    TrueFox

Offline neeb

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 18:17:58 »
Welcome man :D

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 18:20:27 »
Welcome to Geekhack and enjoy your stay!
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 18:33:29 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

YOTD with yellow backlighting - I so wanted that one but couldn't justify the expense on a fourth keyboard in such a short time (not counting a few key caps too).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 01:33:43 »
It's about time you made an account.  Welcome to the world of GH. 
| HHKB Pro 2 | Leopold FC660C
| Poker.PANDAclears | ErgoDox (62g Black)

Offline SwissFTW

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 01:35:57 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

YOTD with yellow backlighting - I so wanted that one but couldn't justify the expense on a fourth keyboard in such a short time (not counting a few key caps too).

Yea.... I know I wanted the brown switches, but the yellow LEDs was icing on the cake. :)

TrueFox

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 01:36:35 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Yea.... I know I wanted the brown switches, but the yellow LEDs was icing on the cake. :)

YOTD was all about the reds with purple LEDs.
| HHKB Pro 2 | Leopold FC660C
| Poker.PANDAclears | ErgoDox (62g Black)

Offline SwissFTW

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 01:38:56 »
It's about time you made an account.  Welcome to the world of GH. 

Yea I figured I should since I'm sure I will want in on some group buys eventually.

TrueFox

Offline SwissFTW

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 01:41:23 »
YOTD was all about the reds with purple LEDs.

Yea, if I could have gotten browns with purple LEDs, I probably would have.

TrueFox