Author Topic: Keychain Question  (Read 1725 times)

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
Keychain Question
« on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 17:04:50 »
I ordered a keychain from Feng earlier today, and I wanted to add it to my keys... Has anyone ever had any problem with the cap falling off? I don't want to lose a CC over having a bad-*** keychain.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Re: Keychain Question
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 17:20:38 »
I ordered a keychain from Feng earlier today, and I wanted to add it to my keys... Has anyone ever had any problem with the cap falling off? I don't want to lose a CC over having a bad-*** keychain.

I have the ducky one, it's as tight as it is on your board. Some caps are actually a PITA to pull off
I love Elzy

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 17:21:45 »
I have quite a few ducky keychains. The stems are never loose. But I have had a few issues with the switches themselves not being tightly fit. When I go to pull a cap they pop out. This can be solved with some glue if you never plan on changing the switch.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 17:50:43 »
I have quite a few ducky keychains. The stems are never loose. But I have had a few issues with the switches themselves not being tightly fit. When I go to pull a cap they pop out. This can be solved with some glue if you never plan on changing the switch.

That's odd, my ducky one never does that even when the fit is super tight.
I love Elzy

Offline Appeac

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 18:08:31 »
I have lost one keycap this way, although it was only a blank one. I'd recommend glue.
FC660C
122 Terminal M w/ Soarer board

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 18:12:20 »
You can swap the stem out with a tighter fitting stem :)
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 30 September 2012, 02:42:02 »
The non-ducky ones I have have clips in the casing that a cherry switch slots into, so it's pretty secure. Just make sure it's seated right.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 30 September 2012, 02:44:51 »
SmallFry, a CC on your keychain and pocket? This is the one type of key I would want to keep in perfectly mint condition, and that will be impossible when it rubs on other keys or in your pocket. Of course if you don't care about this, then that doesn't matter.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 30 September 2012, 05:28:21 »
Both mine feel fairly secure, but I wouldn't trust them in my pocket.  Apart from the potential for the key cap to fall off, they might also get scratched by my (metal door-locking) keys.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 30 September 2012, 11:53:25 »
I carry my keychain around (separate from my keys) in my pocket every day, almost everywhere I go. Click Clack hasn't fallen off, although it's gotten a bit dirty. Currently carrying Dan's 420 cap around. As I've mentioned, I have not experienced the cap falling off.
I love Elzy

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 30 September 2012, 15:28:24 »
Ok, so maybe my CC won't make the voyage... In which case I now need a cool cap to put on my keychain. Off to Techkeys to see if there's anything that I'd like on my keychain.

Offline theOwlol

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 30 September 2012, 17:49:15 »
An plain and 'boring' (black) Escape key on mine, stuck to my phone. :)