Author Topic: Ducky limited edition dragon group buy for GHer only 56 left now  (Read 50200 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Ducky limited edition dragon group by for GHer
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 19:33:45 »
^ Welcome to Geekhack!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline m00nshake

Re: Re: Ducky limited edition dragon group by for GHer
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 19:44:26 »
Can anyone comment on if the keyboard actually has clear switches for all the larger keys? I've heard this can be annoying? It's the only thing holding me back. Thanks :)

Here's my wine Shine 2 with red mx. All of the switches including space bar are red...

« Last Edit: Mon, 01 October 2012, 19:46:16 by m00nshake »
Ducky Shine II w/ Green LEDs | Das Professional | Italian Red Filco Ninja Tenkeyless | Unicomp Wildcats Buckling Spring | My Heatware :)

Offline w4rtortle

• QFR Black Switches
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 19:46:55 »
Can anyone comment on if the keyboard actually has clear switches for all the larger keys? I've heard this can be annoying? It's the only thing holding me back. Thanks :)

Here's my wine Shine 2 with red mx...

Show Image

Ah, very nice :) So I assume the dragon TKL is the same then? I have seen this issue with the clears written about in other places but I guess it might just be mis-information?

edit - thanks for welcome, sorry if its a silly question but it seemed equally silly that it would have mixed switches! just saw this posted a lot on other forums...
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 October 2012, 19:49:01 by w4rtortle »

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 19:47:12 »
I hear the brown ones on the YOTD are all brown as well..
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 20:05:21 »

I can't comment on the other switch types, but my Dragon with MX blues has an MX green on the space bar.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 October 2012, 20:08:26 by metalliqaz »

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 20:07:55 »
since ducky's keycaps are coated wont they end up like this:

(img)
(img)

Only if you attach it to a public terminal, blech!

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 20:09:52 »
pm sent!
IBM Model M 1390120, Otaku Unicomp+RGB, CM QFR Green, Ducky YOTD Red, SSK MKII,
ErgoDox Blue, ErgoDox White

Offline m00nshake

Re: Re: Re: Ducky limited edition dragon group by for GHer
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 20:27:35 »

Here's my wine Shine 2 with red mx...

Show Image

Ah, very nice :) So I assume the dragon TKL is the same then? I have seen this issue with the clears written about in other places but I guess it might just be mis-information?

edit - thanks for welcome, sorry if its a silly question but it seemed equally silly that it would have mixed switches! just saw this posted a lot on other forums...

The Shine 2 is purported to be a full deck version of YOTD. They are both very similar. That being said, I have only the red cherry mx so I'm not sure about the other switch types. I had read that earlier Shines with red cherry mx had a black mx for the space bar. This is not the case with the Shine 2 so I am very happy that was the one I had chosen. Maybe others with YOTD can chime in.
Ducky Shine II w/ Green LEDs | Das Professional | Italian Red Filco Ninja Tenkeyless | Unicomp Wildcats Buckling Spring | My Heatware :)

Offline m00nshake

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 20:29:50 »

I can't comment on the other switch types, but my Dragon with MX blues has an MX green on the space bar.
[/quote]

Thanks for this input. I am considering a blue mx but would also like it to be uniform. What is the green mx like? Is it still clicky?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 20:38:02 »

Thanks for this input. I am considering a blue mx but would also like it to be uniform. What is the green mx like? Is it still clicky?

Still clicky.  Can't really tell the difference compared to blues unless you use your fingers to test it.  The green is actually there to make it feel MORE uniform, because the spacebar is heavier it adds a bit to your "push".  If you are used to light keys (like I am) you can tell the difference, though.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 October 2012, 20:39:36 by metalliqaz »

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 20:42:48 »
(me responding to a post that has since been deleted)
I dunno.  I don't think the rest of the keys need it.  I mostly use MX browns and I have never thought that the shift keys needed more resistance, and the thought never crossed my mind when I opened up my Dragon.

I wouldn't worry about the switches so much.  They are the same as other keyboards.  Like I said before, mine ping a lot.

The first thing I noticed about it was the font they use for the legends and that the keys are not textured.  I don't really like the legends that much but they are appropriate for the back-lighting (normal legends wouldn't let enough light through).  If I wanted nice legends, I'd get custom caps and put them on a non-backlit board.  As for the smoothness: I usually wash my hands before I sit down to type something, and they felt sorta grabby because they were new and so smooth. 

Also, I'll just leave this here.
5320-0
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 October 2012, 11:40:18 by metalliqaz »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:19:11 »
Free shipping to where?  Australia???

I might be interested - the online shop I ordered a Filco from no longer lists the keyboard I ordered, and seems to have no record of my customer account or order :(
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 00:39:11 »
Crap, why did this thread have to come up now? Ok you, don't you go no where for two weeks, I'll be back. *dives into couch to collect loose change
But seriously, would you take a reserve on a MX red, or is this 1st come 1st serve?

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 01:52:32 »
Crap, why did this thread have to come up now? Ok you, don't you go no where for two weeks, I'll be back. *dives into couch to collect loose change
But seriously, would you take a reserve on a MX red, or is this 1st come 1st serve?

Ditto the entire post... My thoughts exactly...
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 02:16:50 »
So basically this Year of the Dragon keyboard is just the TKL version of the 104 full sized Ducky Shine 2? If not, then are there any differences in terms of build quality and feature?

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 02:19:58 »
The YoTD version has special 2012 keycap replacements for fgh and h and the marquis effect goes throughout the whole keyboard and then does a little animation in the middle. Other than that and the YoTD version being tenkeyless, yes they are the same. The reason I want a YoTD is so I can bring it to work to put on top of my stupid laptop keyboard.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 04:06:18 »
just fyi, this is a good deal

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 05:13:49 »
Depending on where he ships to ;)

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 05:37:04 »
Depending on where he ships to ;)

It's free shipping, why it depends on where he ships to?

If you're from Australia, I can only think of PCCG having them, but they're sold out now. They were 169$ shipping excluded, so if adding shipping in, it'd be around 190$. This is pretty much a good deal. :)

imsto, how long does it take to ship to Australia or Malaysia?
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 October 2012, 05:38:39 by akuJIWA »
The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 05:46:04 »
Most of these "free shipping" arrangements are CONUS only, and sometimes people forget to mention that.  Like there is a $45 Filco in Classifieds atm, but postage from CONUS to Aus would more than double the cost.

I did consider getting one from PCCG, but I had an order on a Filco from AusPCMarket.  But they have redesigned their site recently, and removed not only the Filco but also my account and presumably my order.  Waiting to hear back from them.  If it has disappeared, I will still be looking for a TKL with some sort of yellow theme and MX browns, and a YOTD with MX browns and yellow backlighting would fit the bill nicely, for only a few dollars more than the original Filco.

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 06:20:46 »
Most of these "free shipping" arrangements are CONUS only, and sometimes people forget to mention that.  Like there is a $45 Filco in Classifieds atm, but postage from CONUS to Aus would more than double the cost.

I did consider getting one from PCCG, but I had an order on a Filco from AusPCMarket.  But they have redesigned their site recently, and removed not only the Filco but also my account and presumably my order.  Waiting to hear back from them.  If it has disappeared, I will still be looking for a TKL with some sort of yellow theme and MX browns, and a YOTD with MX browns and yellow backlighting would fit the bill nicely, for only a few dollars more than the original Filco.

ouch. AusPC was cheaper?

quit

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Ducky limited edition dragon group by for GHer
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 06:39:19 »
AusPC don't sell Duckys, but the yellow Filco was $154, including shipping.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 07:49:03 »
imsto is based in china.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 17:50:08 »
How do we order one of these, or at least reserve one?  I'm still trying to find out if my yellow Filco is coming.  If it's not, I would be interested in a YoTD with MX browns/yellow LEDs.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 18:00:20 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 October 2014, 15:46:09 by esoomenona »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 10:53:03 »
Has anyone got any info about this?

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 11:08:10 »
Why'd I have to see this thread?  Now, I'm debating picking up a black/red, again.  I have to convince myself I don't need this, since I just got my Poker.
| HHKB Pro 2 | Leopold FC660C
| Poker.PANDAclears | ErgoDox (62g Black)

Offline Noonoo

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 11:22:57 »
:S .... Im telling myself i didnt see this thread ... its gonna work

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 11:29:30 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 October 2014, 16:00:19 by esoomenona »

Offline Mugen

• O-Rings are the murderers of keyboard souls
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 11:30:58 »
Has anyone got any info about this?

Still waiting for imsto to respond to my PM or add details to the OP, still no word on how to order.

Offline wiredPANDA

Ducky limited edition dragon group by for GHer
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 12:08:34 »
Just sell me your poker and then buy one of these

Neva. =p

Always the Poker GB that's going on now.

And I'm thinking these are going to sell fast once imsto adds purchasing information. Selling out on reds will help me control my impulse buying.
| HHKB Pro 2 | Leopold FC660C
| Poker.PANDAclears | ErgoDox (62g Black)

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 12:37:47 »
Well, that's weird.  I got a reply to my message and it was just him telling me no 0100s had been sold.  No info on how to actually buy one.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 12:49:42 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 October 2014, 18:56:22 by esoomenona »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 13:06:43 »
You chose well.  Wanna buy a race with blues, too?  Cause I know a guy that has one NIB...

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 13:12:57 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 October 2014, 18:56:06 by esoomenona »

Offline Mugen

• O-Rings are the murderers of keyboard souls
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 17:35:51 »
Well, that's weird.  I got a reply to my message and it was just him telling me no 0100s had been sold.  No info on how to actually buy one.

Same here, waiting for response on how to pay him >_<

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 19:21:26 »
I've been able to find out that my existing order for a Filco from a local supplier is still on its way, having been held up for a couple of weeks (customs?).

So for now I will back out of this group buy, in case anyone is counting who said they want what.

If the Filco does not arrive at all, I will definitely still be interested in one of these (yellow/brown), but it won't be for another week or two, and I don't want to hold up anyone else who is interested during the meanwhile.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 19:33:05 »
Customs here is being weird, too.  My CCnG have been sitting in NYC for like a week and a half and no response to my queries about it.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 19:35:41 »
They're probably waiting for a bribe.

Offline imsto

• * Vendor
    • imsto.cn
« Reply #89 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 10:53:54 »
hi guys  it's been the National day of China, it's 8 days' holiday.     
imsto.cn
imsto's AiKB Taobao Shop
IBM Model M*3, IBM M13,M5, IBM with balls.Cherry   3000  3494 3700 4100*6 700*2 11900 8113 DAS4 TG3 KBC PokerDucky09Ducky1087 apple pink alps Ducky bull,tiger,rabbit,dragon version No:0000002

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #90 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 10:54:55 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 October 2014, 16:03:02 by esoomenona »

Offline imsto

• * Vendor
    • imsto.cn
« Reply #91 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 11:07:45 »
yes
I wil put them on right now, it may take few minutes.   
imsto.cn
imsto's AiKB Taobao Shop
IBM Model M*3, IBM M13,M5, IBM with balls.Cherry   3000  3494 3700 4100*6 700*2 11900 8113 DAS4 TG3 KBC PokerDucky09Ducky1087 apple pink alps Ducky bull,tiger,rabbit,dragon version No:0000002

Offline imsto

• * Vendor
    • imsto.cn
« Reply #92 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 11:37:03 »
all the numbers'd be uploaded.

only 70 available.

price 160$ with free shipping.

red/blue/brown MX switch available. only 5 black MX switch available.

there's a keyhain as the gift,  and together with a dyesubed red geekhack on grey key.

serial number below available

red switch: 0751~0755    0696~0700   0711~0715   0431~0435    0736~0740  0761~0763   ~0421~0425   0781~0785   0731~0735   0741~0745

brown switch: 1351~1355   1371~1375   1481~1485   1461~1465   1536   1539

blue switch: 0081~0085   0176~0180   0171~0175   0131~0135   0156   0158   0160

black switch: 01836  01837   01839   01840
imsto.cn
imsto's AiKB Taobao Shop

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #93 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 11:42:00 »
maybe im just being a nub, but what's the significance of choosing serial numbers?

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 11:45:17 »
I think it's just an easy way of tracking which ones are claimed.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #95 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 11:45:42 »
Is there a review of this keyboard somewhere? I'm especially interested in the internals. And does anyone know if the case is interchangeable with a Filco case?

maybe im just being a nub, but what's the significance of choosing serial numbers?
None. You might have a lucky number that you prefer, that's all.
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 October 2012, 11:47:38 by WhiteFireDragon »

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #96 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 11:47:08 »
imsto, free shipping within us? or global?

quit

Offline imsto

• * Vendor
    • imsto.cn
« Reply #97 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 12:02:11 »
imsto, free shipping within us? or global?
    global, but if it's tooooo far plz give me the chance to get some shipping cost....

Is there a review of this keyboard somewhere? I'm especially interested in the internals. And does anyone know if the case is interchangeable with a Filco case?

None. You might have a lucky number that you prefer, that's all.

filco case can not be ued ..
imsto.cn
imsto's AiKB Taobao Shop

Offline imsto

• * Vendor
    • imsto.cn
« Reply #98 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 12:03:06 »
 if u like some certain numbers then may choose it.
imsto.cn
imsto's AiKB Taobao Shop

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #99 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 12:06:32 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 October 2014, 16:00:25 by esoomenona »