Author Topic: EliteKeyboards IS READYING A CLACK SALE  (Read 181804 times)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Re: EliteKeyboards IS READYING A CLACK SALE
« Reply #750 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 17:05:20 »
You didn't have turkey for your thanksgiving last month, Halverson?

Well....yea...way too much...but....

Now I feel greedy :(

Offline BlindRAGE606

• Prince of All Saiyans
« Reply #751 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 01:26:29 »
Am looking for a Topre CC, so if I win any MX CCs I'd be willing to do a equal trade for a Topre variant from another winner.

DUCKY TKL MX BLACK | HHKB PRO 2 | BEAST PH&LACEWOOD

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #752 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 06:50:47 »
This is just getting annoying. At least I don't have to spend $18 now.
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #753 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 10:39:24 »
I think there are too many "cheaters", hence taking so long........... makes me think what is their filtering process like :D

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #754 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 10:47:36 »

You do if you registered for it.

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
« Reply #755 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 11:16:54 »

;)

I know, but who knows how much longer we're going to be waiting.

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
« Reply #756 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 11:18:50 »
My birthday is actually on April 1st...

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #757 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 11:24:20 »
April Fools!
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
« Reply #758 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 11:43:07 »
W00P! I mean, not yet...

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #759 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 12:53:11 »
I think the people at EKB are just lazy bum procrastinators.  I don't think they will catch a single cheater

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #760 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 13:52:31 »

Do you though, how exactally would they enforce that? ...the draw date was never set in stone and we have heard literally nothing since...

I'm not complaining, but it would seem kind of brutal to penalise people who couldn't/didn't pay (for what ever reason) then ever they finally annouce the winners...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #761 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 15:49:29 »
Yes, you do.  It was one of the conditions for entering the draw:

"2. Payment is required if you win. Winners will receive an invoice for the advertised price (plus First Class shipping) by email and will have 30 days to pay for their item."
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline metafour

« Reply #762 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 15:51:05 »

"2. Payment is required if you win. Winners will receive an invoice for the advertised price (plus First Class shipping) by email and will have 30 days to pay for their item."

And if you don't pay in 30 days?

I think this was meant more as a way to let people know that if you win the drawing the items aren't free.

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #763 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 17:15:01 »

I think this was meant more as a way to let people know that if you win the drawing the items aren't free.

Yeah, as mentioned before I don't think they have any way of enforcing it since no payment details were provided in the entries.

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline Octane

« Reply #764 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 17:26:55 »
And even if entering the draw was a legally binding agreement, which I highly doubt (especially outside of the US), pursuing the money would cost a lot more than what a clack is worth. If you entered and can't afford to pay if you win, I certainly wouldn't worry. I am sure they would just draw again.

Offline ih8

« Reply #765 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 19:23:57 »
can't believe I'm still having to check this thread looking for updates

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #766 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 19:29:56 »
Longest clack "sale"  ever
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Rumudiez

« Reply #767 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 20:31:19 »
Can't you all see this event is tearing us apart?
40% layout, anyone?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #768 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 20:32:39 »
Definitely not over in the first 3 seconds ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ChaoticKinesis

« Reply #769 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 21:04:54 »

Yeah, as mentioned before I don't think they have any way of enforcing it since no payment details were provided in the entries.

I would think that at the very least it means you forfeit all the clacks you won, if there were multiple. And hopefully get blacklisted from future drawings, should they occur.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #770 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 21:18:17 »
Longest clack "sale"  ever
Hack Orange was sold out in one second, or at least one person said they submitted at one second into the sale and didn't get in.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #771 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 21:56:49 »
Actually I think ClickClack himself has said when he first started out it took months for his keys to be sold out :P

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #772 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 22:00:05 »
Actually I think ClickClack himself has said when he first started out it took months for his keys to be sold out :p

That is true.  I bought this one from EK when there was no limit on how many you can buy and they had plenty of them back then.

A tri-color skull

You could buy 10 if you had the money. lol  I bought only 2 since I only needed one of each.  ;)
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 November 2012, 22:03:18 by reaper »
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #773 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 22:02:49 »
And all I got was this family sized tub of jelly...

JK, nice snag  ;D

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #774 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 22:03:02 »
Back when I didn't have an MX board and thought $28 for a tri-color skull was insane.
I love Elzy

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #775 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 22:23:38 »
Back when I didn't have an MX board and thought $28 for a tri-color skull was insane.

Back when I didn't have an MX board and thought $28 for a keyboard was insane...

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #776 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 22:33:40 »
And now you could sell it for $100+, making a tidy little investment :)

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #777 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 22:36:06 »
I'm keeping mine along with a few other new ones. lol  Gave a few away, sold some to friends at cost plus shipping, etc.
Din Eli

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #778 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 22:38:33 »
You are too generous :)

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #779 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 22:40:15 »
Well, I look at it this way...  when you die, you can't take any of this with you so what the hell.  :)
Din Eli

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #780 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 00:40:37 »
... and do the community a good turn in the process ;D

Offline nntnam

« Reply #781 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 12:05:10 »
what if the people who won the drawing were asked to not post in this thread  :-[......
░▒▓ KMAC | FILCO MJ2 | HHKB | PHANTOM ▓▒░

Offline metafour

« Reply #782 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 12:06:38 »
what if the people who won the drawing were asked to not post in this thread  :-[......

I'd post anyway.

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #783 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 13:11:56 »
Well, I look at it this way...  when you die, you can't take any of this with you so what the hell.  :)

what? screw that im going to buried in a mound of keycaps!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #784 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 13:13:11 »
^ Exactly.

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #785 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 13:15:30 »
do it all viking pyre style float me out to sea and set it on fire lol

Offline precarious

• LOOK MOM, I'M A DRAGONZORD! DOOOO DODOODODODOODOO
« Reply #786 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 13:30:30 »
when i die i'm going to have my ashes pressed into a limited run of keycaps

i will also have a set fashioned from my bones, including a limited edition to-scale model of my skull

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #787 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 13:58:50 »

Yeah, we were all asked to wait a week.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #788 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 15:24:15 »

i will also have a set fashioned from my bones, including a limited edition to-scale model of my skull

Takes the idea of a Clack Factory skull keycap to a whole new level.

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #789 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 15:49:07 »
Bone keycap would be ****in' epic.

so we cant turn off profanity filter anymore is that whats going on?  -_-
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 November 2012, 19:40:25 by Lu_e »

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #790 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 15:53:43 »
da ****?

Still works for me...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #791 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 16:01:17 »
censorship... so annoying. ive already turned it off once before....

'Will someone please think of the children!?'
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 November 2012, 19:43:58 by Lu_e »

Offline BlindRAGE606

• Prince of All Saiyans
EliteKeyboards IS READYING A CLACK SALE
« Reply #792 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 16:06:00 »
Has EK not posted in this thread or another regarding the status?

DUCKY TKL MX BLACK | HHKB PRO 2 | BEAST PH&LACEWOOD

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #793 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 16:10:49 »
Nope, so we just talk about you know.... whatever.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #794 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 16:24:30 »
The only reasonable explanation would be that the entire EK building along with every employee completely and spontaneously disappeared.  Perhaps Aliens..
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
« Reply #795 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 16:34:29 »
Has EK not posted in this thread or another regarding the status?

Yep, many weeks ago.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #796 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 17:21:06 »
Aliens have abducted our Clacks???!!!?!!

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #797 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 17:31:01 »

mods please move this to the group buy section
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #798 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 18:41:19 »
let's start an IC IMO, not sure if we'll meet MOQ

jk

I think what is really happening is EK has had a set date at which the auction will 'end' all along and they are simply tracking to this date.  Since we are out of the loop we are left here to speculate and come up with wild theories. 
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #799 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 18:48:47 »

Lmao :))
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches