Author Topic: CM QFR Resale Value?  (Read 1327 times)

Offline Vintage

CM QFR Resale Value?
« on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 16:25:05 »
Hey GH. I am looking to get a CM QFR to hold me over until the WASD v2 comes out and I was wondering what the resale value of this board would be if I used it for 3 monthsand was in good condition. Probably a black switch version( I know I should have jumped on the black friday deal)  :(  Might go with the red switch version if it would hold value better( Browns are the same price ATM and I cant use blues for 3 months). I probably would not use the stock keycaps more than a day or 2 if that matters.

So what would you guys pay for something like that with all the accesories and original packaging, etc?
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: CM QFR Resale Value?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 17:29:10 »
Probably not that much, as they are fairly inexpensive boards to start with.  If it is still in "as new" condition, you'd probably be looking at around 80% to 90% retail value.

OTOH you could keep it to store your inevitable collection of spare custom keycaps.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 17:32:57 »
For the two I've sold, I've essentially ate initial shipping costs.  In fact, I have a black switch QFR for sale right now with your choice of branded gray top or brandless black top.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 17:52:21 »
Probably worth ~$50. Depends how much buyer would pay and availability. Keep in mind MX blacks are not as popular as other switches.

Offline Vintage

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 19:13:45 »
Yeah I figured blacks would be worth less. On the flip side, I think they are going EOL soon according to Carter. I might just buy a Red board incase the V2 ends up being too expensive (I am sure the DIP switch and new case design adds to the costs, and MX Reds are $10 extra)

$50 bucks isn't too bad though. Guess I'll have to  think about it.

BTW, how much are you selling youg QFR w/ blacks for TJ?

CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 19:23:25 »
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=35848.0

Is TJ's thread. $50 branded, $65 nonbranded. Was contemplating buying it for a xmas gift...but shipping to Canada makes me sad.
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 December 2012, 19:30:35 by Halverson »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 19:28:57 »

Is TJ's thread. $50 nonbranded, $65 branded. Was contemplating buying it for a xmas gift...but shipping to Canada makes me sad.

Other way around, but yeah, that.

And shipping included includes Canada, girlshark.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 19:30:23 »

Is TJ's thread. $50 nonbranded, $65 branded. Was contemplating buying it for a xmas gift...but shipping to Canada makes me sad.

Other way around, but yeah, that.

And shipping included includes Canada, girlshark.

Derp, I'll edit that! And I bought it, sorry Vintage. Jumped on it when shipping was included.
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 December 2012, 19:52:30 by Halverson »