Author Topic: [Orders Closed] Phantom PCB R2  (Read 268140 times)

Offline jabar

Re: [Orders Closed] Phantom PCB R2
« Reply #1050 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 06:20:49 »
So we're currently working with Bavman to try to arrange this. I may end up handling the rest of the US orders with Matt3o doing the international orders. I've sent Matt3o my spreadsheet and I will probably be contacting users in the next day or so to try to get a better count of who ordered what and determine where these need to be shipped to.
not logging in for a mere 5 minutes to update everyone is something I'd expect from the prof, not bavman. what is going on?
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1051 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 09:47:23 »
Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread before, but the resistors and LEDs that came with this kit are probably not the best combination.  The LEDs I got were ultrabright whites, and the resistors are only 55 ohms.  Yes, 55!  The LEDs are so bright they hurt.  I basically means I can't use Caps Lock.  I would have gone with 470ohm resistors.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #1052 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 10:01:28 »
Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread before, but the resistors and LEDs that came with this kit are probably not the best combination.  The LEDs I got were ultrabright whites, and the resistors are only 55 ohms.  Yes, 55!  The LEDs are so bright they hurt.  I basically means I can't use Caps Lock.  I would have gone with 470ohm resistors.

Hmmm, I might have to take a look at the layout. I hadn't considered that. I wonder why we went with the 55 ohm resistors then?

So we're currently working with Bavman to try to arrange this. I may end up handling the rest of the US orders with Matt3o doing the international orders. I've sent Matt3o my spreadsheet and I will probably be contacting users in the next day or so to try to get a better count of who ordered what and determine where these need to be shipped to.
not logging in for a mere 5 minutes to update everyone is something I'd expect from the prof, not bavman. what is going on?

Preaching to the choir here. I honestly have no idea what's going on with Bavman or Prof, I just want to make sure everyone gets what they ordered. It's really moot considering where we are at this point. We're going to try to get the stuff and get it shipped out.

Offline bpiphany

• bpiph is a special type of crazy. //mkawa
« Reply #1053 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 12:27:58 »
You can lower the LED intensity through PWM.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1054 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 02:11:56 »
getting closer...

Offline jabar

« Reply #1055 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 23:54:54 »
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1056 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 01:39:44 »
each passing day puts you closer to the grave  :cool:

Offline pasph

« Reply #1057 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 03:17:09 »
each passing day puts you closer to the grave  :cool:

That's what i want to read on Monday morning!
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Piehunter

« Reply #1058 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 06:21:47 »
So...ummm... I still havent received my kit + plate....

I just thought id show sign of life so that one one forgets me ^^

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1059 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 06:47:27 »
So...ummm... I still havent received my kit + plate....

I just thought id show sign of life so that one one forgets me ^^

You are part of a very large group of people, they are currently attempting to rectify the situation.

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #1060 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 00:52:04 »
scumbag bavman

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1061 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 06:58:17 »
It's like everyone associated with the Phantom GB disappeared.  Prof...Bavman...WFD...  It's cursed.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1062 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 07:02:00 »
It's like everyone associated with the Phantom GB disappeared.  Prof...Bavman...WFD...  It's cursed.

Yeah so who's doing R3? ;)

I kid, just trying to lighten the mood. Sadly it does seem to be cursed.

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
« Reply #1063 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 13:52:27 »

You can say, they are "phantoms"... I know horrible joke.

Seriously though, any updates? I mean, it'd be nice to get my plate before 14'.

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #1064 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 14:14:21 »

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1065 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 01:08:47 »
I've been in contact with Bavman and I plan on making the trip to see him this weekend (10/05/2013) to pick up the remaining Phantom parts. I will try to post an updated spreadsheet for everyone to review and make sure the remaining orders are accurate. I would have traveled there sooner, but it's a 7 hour drive for me (round trip), so I can only travel there on the weekends. Also, I figured since I'm spending the money on gas I might as well make it a mini vacation, (i.e. LEGOLAND!)

Edit: And to be clear, I'm still not 100% sure about the shipping money. I may end up getting creative to try to raise funds to reimburse the total costs to complete this GB. As much as I'd love the shoulder the costs here, I still don't have a clear picture on the total remaining orders. This is why we're going to need some confirmation from the group. Considering the remaining orders are mostly international, these costs could be quite large. We may look at shipping these international orders to another proxy to lower the costs a bit.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 October 2013, 01:20:01 by Wildcard »

Offline Slavfot

« Reply #1066 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 01:37:49 »
Wildcard, you are a hero for doing this!

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #1067 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 01:46:47 »
I've been in contact with Bavman and I plan on making the trip to see him this weekend (10/05/2013) to pick up the remaining Phantom parts. I will try to post an updated spreadsheet for everyone to review and make sure the remaining orders are accurate. I would have traveled there sooner, but it's a 7 hour drive for me (round trip), so I can only travel there on the weekends. Also, I figured since I'm spending the money on gas I might as well make it a mini vacation, (i.e. LEGOLAND!)

Edit: And to be clear, I'm still not 100% sure about the shipping money. I may end up getting creative to try to raise funds to reimburse the total costs to complete this GB. As much as I'd love the shoulder the costs here, I still don't have a clear picture on the total remaining orders. This is why we're going to need some confirmation from the group. Considering the remaining orders are mostly international, these costs could be quite large. We may look at shipping these international orders to another proxy to lower the costs a bit.

What was his reason for disappearing? ._.

And that drive >.<
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline DamienG

• DamienG
« Reply #1068 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 02:53:10 »
Thanks for picking this up Wildcard! Hopefully everyone will be flexible on the shipping realizing that you're going out of your way to help salvage this. (I'm down as damieng for a ISO 150 plate and as rendom for a Teensy and a PCB)

[)amien

Offline Paranoid

« Reply #1069 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 04:11:00 »
That's awesome Wildcard! I have no problem being flexible with the shipping costs (and also the gas and use of your personal car if necessary), especially with all the effort you're putting into this. As long as we still get our stuff I'm happy.
I actually have the same as DamienG (ISO150 plate, Teensy and a PCB). Have fun at Legoland ;)

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #1070 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 04:51:39 »
Thanks Wildcard!

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #1071 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 11:31:33 »

And that drive >.<

...And what happened to the shipping funds?

Wildcard -> You are awesome!

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #1072 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 11:36:24 »
Thanks so much wildcard. Seriously, you're awesome. Also, just out of curiosity, how come he can meet up but he can't spend the time shipping them?
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline nebo

« Reply #1073 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 11:52:57 »
Wildcard, I'm sure enough people could chip in a few bucks each to help cover, if not fully cover, the shipping costs.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1074 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 12:28:52 »
If shipping fees are not turned to Wildcard, to get your board you'll most likely have to pay shipping again. Sad but the alternative would be not having the boards at all, so...

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
« Reply #1075 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 16:59:09 »

Wildcard, I'm sure enough people could chip in a few bucks each to help cover, if not fully cover, the shipping costs.
+1 to chipping in for shipping.

Offline gotbadger

« Reply #1076 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 17:17:23 »
Wildcard you deserve a medal if you rescue this GB  :thumb:

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1077 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 18:08:38 »
Wildcard you deserve a medal if you rescue this GB  :thumb:

Knight of the order of GeekHack under the honorable iMav :)

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #1078 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 18:09:52 »
I received my order long ago, but I will chip in for shipping for those who haven't gotten their stuff.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1079 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 18:40:47 »
I would also donate some to cover shipping costs for those who haven't received their orders yet. Wildcard is doing a great service to the community here.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline jabar

« Reply #1080 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 19:13:21 »

And that drive >.<
Yeah, what is going on?

I mean, it's great others are taking over but I feel everyone deserves an explanation, not someone else to silently clean up the mess.

Phantom 7bit

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1081 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 19:29:10 »

And that drive >.<
Yeah, what is going on?

I mean, it's great others are taking over but I feel everyone deserves an explanation, not someone else to silently clean up the mess.

I don't think it is Wildcard's place to explain why Bavman dropped the ball on this one. Nor is it Matt3o's place. Only Bavman can explain his actions (or inaction), and he doesn't seem willing to do that. All we can do at this point is to be grateful to those who have taken it upon themselves to step in and try to salvage what can be salvaged.

Whether you deserve an explanation or not, it doesn't appear that one is forthcoming.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1082 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 01:21:19 »
I don't think it is Wildcard's place to explain why Bavman dropped the ball on this one. Nor is it Matt3o's place. Only Bavman can explain his actions (or inaction), and he doesn't seem willing to do that. All we can do at this point is to be grateful to those who have taken it upon themselves to step in and try to salvage what can be salvaged.

Whether you deserve an explanation or not, it doesn't appear that one is forthcoming.

there's intelligence in this world after all!

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #1083 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 22:30:52 »
Just wanted to say hi in this thread.  Hi!  :p
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #1084 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 22:40:37 »

I agree. I used pink and they were sooooo bright. I changed them out to some 100 ohm I had laying around and they are still a little too bright. Luckily, I soldered them on the bottom of the board as WFD suggests in his youtube video of a phantom build (well, actually I did it on purpose so it wasn't exactly luck) so at least it's not too difficult to change them out. I'm probably gonna change them to a higher value at some point.

I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
« Reply #1085 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 07:03:29 »
My white LED was like lasers.

Offline bpiphany

« Reply #1086 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 07:56:37 »
Use the force of the PWM folks, damnit!

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1087 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 08:12:14 »
Use the force of the PWM folks, damnit!

I intend to, but I've never needed it before so my firmware doesn't support it yet.  Also I find that I can detect the flashing which is distracting.

Offline bpiphany

« Reply #1088 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 13:10:46 »
You only need to use a high enough frequency, and you won't see any flashing. You can get down to 16MHz/256 = 63kHz, that is way fast..

Offline simkev

« Reply #1089 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 09:30:06 »
Am I the only one who haven't received my phantom yet?
WFD was supposed to solder the diodes and teensy and then ship it to me in a package with my dsa retro keys. Why doesn't WFD answer pm's?
JAG ÄR LIVRÄDD FÖR ATT LEVA & JAG ÄR DÖDSRÄDD FÖR ATT DÖ

| Poker X - Ergo Clears & Red Alert 2.0 | Majestouch 2 TKL - Browns & Blue Cream Cheese |

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #1090 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 09:32:08 »
Am I the only one who haven't received my phantom yet?
WFD was supposed to solder the diodes and teensy and then ship it to me in a package with my dsa retro keys. Why doesn't WFD answer pm's?
He's currently semi-MIA. He should be back soon.
github

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1091 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 15:22:37 »
Ok so some good news, I just arrived at Bavman's home about a half hour ago, unfortunately Bavman left shorty before I got there so I wasn't able to ask him any clarifying questions. I picked up one large box from his father and some packaging materials. I'll be in Kansas City overnight and will try to do an inventory count before I head back to Omaha tomorrow. I'll be calling Bavman or stopping by his home before I leave to ask about the postage fees he collected. I'll also try to sort out any order issues with him that I encounter when I do the inventory count. I'll keep everyone posted.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #1092 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 15:24:22 »
Ok so some good news, I just arrived at Bavman's home about a half hour ago, unfortunately Bavman left shorty before I got there so I wasn't able to ask him any clarifying questions. I picked up one large box from his father and some packaging materials. I'll be in Kansas City overnight and will try to do an inventory count before I head back to Omaha tomorrow. I'll be calling Bavman or stopping by his home before I leave to ask about the postage fees he collected. I'll also try to sort out any order issues with him that I encounter when I do the inventory count. I'll keep everyone posted.
Awesome! Thanks so much for all of your efforts wildcard, you're a hero.
github

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #1093 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 15:25:19 »

What a man, how was the experience? Do something fun for yourself before you go back ^^
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1094 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 15:53:43 »
It's been a good trip so far :)

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #1095 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 16:01:05 »
Lets all throw in money to get Wildcard an escort

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1096 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 17:28:22 »

Hmm. how about we save the money on the escort and use it to cover the shipping costs?

I'd take a Topre Night Owl if someone wants to send that my way :)

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #1097 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 18:48:06 »

Hmm. how about we save the money on the escort and use it to cover the shipping costs?

I'd take a Topre Night Owl if someone wants to send that my way :)

Nerd alert
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1098 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 10:18:17 »
Ok, PCB counts look good. I may be short a teensy or two. The whole spreadsheet will need re-validation, which I'll start on this week.

Regarding the plates, I have them but I haven't even started to count them. I have high confidence that they're all here, but they're all mixed together at the bottom of the box so I'll have to sort these out.

More to come :)

Offline DamienG

• DamienG
« Reply #1099 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 10:53:45 »
Ok, PCB counts look good. I may be short a teensy or two. The whole spreadsheet will need re-validation, which I'll start on this week.
I picked up two from JD's buy as I thought this one was a goner. I can give up my Teensy on this one if we're short.

[)amien