Author Topic: [Orders Closed] Phantom PCB R2  (Read 268173 times)

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
Re: [Orders Closed] Phantom PCB R2
« Reply #1100 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 11:10:07 »
Awesome, thanks Damien!

I'll keep everyone posted next week as more stuff gets sorted.

Time to check out of the hotel

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1101 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 16:57:16 »
Back home again. That was a fun mini vacation. I got a call from Bavman who was able to answer a few questions I had with some of the remaining orders, I'm going to sort what I have and have him give me feedback on a few things. He's been very helpful and I really appreciate him for all his assistance while we get things back on track.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #1102 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 18:35:15 »
Nice!

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #1103 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 19:25:11 »
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=38441.msg850869#msg850869

This is when he sent out a bunch of PCBs and ppl were confused why plates werent sent with them. ( see posts from same page and on)

For wildcard asking about ppl who only need plates sent to them.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1104 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 21:50:23 »
So I was able to ask him what happened with the pcb's that were sent without plates and it appears that there was a communication breakdown that resulted in the wrong spreadsheet being used from WFD. Ultimately, the latest sheet wasn't used and he thought the orders he shipped didn't have plates.

Offline DamienG

• DamienG
« Reply #1105 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 11:22:44 »
Any update on things? Like how much is missing or what info you need from people?

[)amien

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1106 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 13:21:44 »
I will have some time this weekend to get better counts. I've also PM'd a few people to get clarification on how some orders were submitted. More to come!

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1107 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 22:47:05 »
Ok, so here are the total counts.

I have 26 PCB's
I have 27 Teensy's

I do have orders that were packaged and not shipped, and I haven't opened these to validate the contents which I will before shipping, but I'm assuming the stuff is all there.

Total, I need 27 PCB's and 29 Teensy's

I still haven't even touched the plates and diodes, which I'm hoping are all there.

There are 7 remaining domestic orders and 18 international orders. Bavman unfortunately didn't collect enough shipping money due to the rise in shipping rates during the group buy. His estimate, which I haven't validated is $356.68 for shipping the remaining PCB + plate orders.

There are also 8 orders of just plates which weren't shipped with the PCB's which also need to be shipped out. Half of these orders are international, so the rough shipping estimate is about $110.00

So as it stands, we're short 1 PCB and 2 Teensy's and about $466.00 in shipping fees.

Here's the plan, I'm going to be sending this info to Bavman to see if he has any other items which weren't provided to me on my trip to KC. Assuming there's more, we'll be good. If not, I will probably end up parting with one of my PCB's and Damien has gracefully offered up his Teensy's, which I could also chip in on depending on other factors. Bavman also mentioned to me there is some shipping money remaining, and I'm hoping to find out how much and have him forward the funds over.

After we're able to collect the remaining shipping money, I will ship out the remaining domestic US orders. I can get a good shipping discount from my office, and if anyone is willing to have me ship their order to an office location it will cut the shipping expense down about 15%. I'm also working with Matt3o as a possible proxy for the remaining international orders. By doing this we will hopefully reduce our international shipping expenses as well as save me my sanity as I hate customs forms.

Once I hear back from Bavman, I will be contacting everyone on their remaining orders to confirm the counts, address, etc...

Like most others, I have limited time to work on this, but I'll keep everyone posted on my progress until every last item is delivered :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 October 2013, 22:49:25 by Wildcard »

Offline nebo

« Reply #1108 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 01:21:26 »
Thanks for the updated. Any idea who/where TPs GB PCB/plates are?

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1109 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 01:39:32 »
I know some of the orders were not shipped to TP. So in a way the delay in this group buy gave a unique opportunity to some to allow them to not ship their orders to TP. So those I have. Unfortunatly, Nebo it looks like your order was already shipped to TP. I haven't spent much time in the Phantom assembly... repairing thread, but if I understand correctly, TP is slowly building and shipping the remaining orders he has. So I'm thinking you'll need to check there.

Offline AlexJP

« Reply #1110 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 19:05:04 »
Oh nooos...Did I lost this GB? you guys need more pcb and teensy?   : )

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #1111 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 06:35:08 »
I think you won by not joining the GB.

Offline AlexJP

« Reply #1112 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 16:40:03 »
why is that Broadmonkey? anything went wrong?
I've read a lot of pages on this but my english sucks

Offline nebo

« Reply #1113 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 17:39:53 »

Communication wasn't that good towards delivery and there was around two months (I think) of no word at all. Then someone stepped in, drove the the previous members house and collected what hasn't been shipped and that's where we stand.

Offline thegagne

« Reply #1114 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 19:13:17 »
Hey guys, I'm a newish member (in for GH60!) who just randomly stumbled into this thread. I happen to live in KC so if there's any legwork that still needs to be done, let me know, maybe I can save someone a drive.

Offline AlexJP

« Reply #1115 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 19:26:03 »

Communication wasn't that good towards delivery and there was around two months (I think) of no word at all. Then someone stepped in, drove the the previous members house and collected what hasn't been shipped and that's where we stand.

thanks. I have to read more carefully   :))

Offline christkind

« Reply #1116 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 10:42:02 »
So since this seems to be really happening at last, I just wanted to remark that I am one of the "switched" orders, which I got originally from metafour.

I hope the remaining orders will finally arrive at their rightful destination and a big thanks to Wildcard and everyone else who helped to complete this for the few remaining orders!

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1117 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 11:18:00 »
edit, see below
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 October 2013, 11:26:29 by Wildcard »

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1118 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 11:20:19 »
So since this seems to be really happening at last, I just wanted to remark that I am one of the "switched" orders, which I got originally from metafour.

I hope the remaining orders will finally arrive at their rightful destination and a big thanks to Wildcard and everyone else who helped to complete this for the few remaining orders!

According to the order sheet it looks like Metafour's order already shipped???

We're still trying to determine where we are on the shipping fees. Bavman has told me he would be sending me the remaining shipping money which would allow me to start sending out the remaining domestic orders.

Matt3o will be taking over the international orders after I ship them to him in Italy.

Offline christkind

« Reply #1119 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 11:25:47 »

According to the order sheet it looks like Metafour's order already shipped???

We're still trying to determine where we are on the shipping fees. Bavman has told me he would be sending me the remaining shipping money which would allow me to start sending out the remaining domestic orders.

Matt3o will be taking over the international orders after I ship them to him in Italy.

That sure sounds not quite right. But to be a 100% correct, metafour had two phantoms and he sold one to me. Could it be that one has shipped and the remaining one is mine?

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1120 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 11:29:09 »
I don't have a remaining one though. I'm actually short one PCB already. Also did you just get a PCB from metafour or was there also a plate and teensy? Could you check with metafour and validate that he didn't receive his full order.

It wouldn't make much sense that Bavman would allow an order to be split like that because it would have required an extra shipping charge. But again, I'm just trying to piece this back together.

Offline christkind

« Reply #1121 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 11:33:13 »
Yeah should have stated it more correctly. One phantom pcb, plate and teensy. Talked to bavman when I bought the one phantom/plate/teensy from metafour and paid extra shipping to bavman, was all OK for him. Will ask metafour if he received anything. Sorry for adding extra confusion to an already complicated GB. Thanks for the help.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #1122 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 20:54:06 »
I just skimmed the last few pages of this. Wildcard, you're a HERO. Thanks for picking this back up.

I'm still missing a few things that bavman probably miscounted. I also covered some of the shipping costs that he never reimbursed yet, but it looks like this applies to the whole GB. If you're basing all the shipment stuff on my spreadsheet, it should still be up to date for the most part. I think there were a few people that recently sold their orders that I did not get a chance to update yet. One more thing to add to my to do list.

Also, if shipping cost is a factor, all international orders should be sent directly to the owners instead of passing it to Matt3o. Shipping one huge international package this heavy is not cheap anymore, then Matt3o will have to send them out internationally again anyways. Although, if you send them all from the US yourself, you'll have to deal with a lot of tedious custom forms. I've been there before, and it's a lot of work man.

Offline christkind

« Reply #1123 on: Sun, 20 October 2013, 14:34:40 »
Yeah should have stated it more correctly. One phantom pcb, plate and teensy. Talked to bavman when I bought the one phantom/plate/teensy from metafour and paid extra shipping to bavman, was all OK for him. Will ask metafour if he received anything. Sorry for adding extra confusion to an already complicated GB. Thanks for the help.

According to metafour he did not receive anything. So maybe there is some mix up with the orders?

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1124 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 13:15:19 »

According to metafour he did not receive anything. So maybe there is some mix up with the orders?

So from my spreadsheet I have Metafour marked down as shipped (highlighted purple), although his column is a slightly different color then the rest, so I have no idea what that means.

I haven't been getting much of a response from Bavman since after I traveled to see him. So I'm thinking we might be on our own possibly at this point. I have not been able to recover any of the shipping funds from him so it looks like we're starting with $0. I'm also contemplating starting a separate thread for tracking considering how much we need to validate at this point.

I'm going to think about this a bit more tonight when I get home and try to come up with a plan to get this going.

Offline christkind

« Reply #1125 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 14:30:24 »
I think he got the special color because he sold his order, so I asked the other guy who bought the remaining phantom/plate/teensy from Metafour, if he has received anything, but haven not heard back yet.

But you are saying, that there is no remaining phantom/plate/teensy left for me anyway?

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1126 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 14:39:21 »
I think he got the special color because he sold his order, so I asked the other guy who bought the remaining phantom/plate/teensy from Metafour, if he has received anything, but haven not heard back yet.

But you are saying, that there is no remaining phantom/plate/teensy left for me anyway?

Ok, I think I see that now. He must have been crossing out metafour and he tacked on the extra orders including yours as a separate line (your on the list but all of your info is missing)

I'm still trying to figure out what to do about being short one order essentially, but I don't think that's directly related to your order. I'm hoping some orders were shipped but not marked.

Offline gotbadger

« Reply #1127 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 15:22:50 »

Ok, I think I see that now. He must have been crossing out metafour and he tacked on the extra orders including yours as a separate line (your on the list but all of your info is missing)

I'm still trying to figure out what to do about being short one order essentially, but I don't think that's directly related to your order. I'm hoping some orders were shipped but not marked.

Im the other guy he sold a plate/pcb/teensy to and I've not received anything.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1128 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 08:31:35 »
Perfect, thanks gotbadger, that lines up with what's in the spreadsheet.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1129 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 17:44:46 »
Short Update. Bavman was initially stating that he had remaining shipping funds and items that he would transfer to me. This has not yet materialized. Shortly after my KC trip he also stopped answering phone calls and also stopped responding to my emails again. I know I've had a few people contact me directly about taking legal or criminal actions against him, but I believe we can resolve this without it coming to that.

Fortunately I was able to speak with his father who was the person who met me when I picked up the items at his home. I explained the situation and he reassured me that he would have a discussion with him and get back to me by Friday. I should have another update this weekend.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 October 2013, 17:47:20 by Wildcard »

Offline TDub

« Reply #1130 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 08:35:26 »
Has been said already, but can't be said enough: Wildcard you rock! Thank you so much for continuously pouring your time into saving this GB :)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1131 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 08:38:05 »
Short Update. Bavman was initially stating that he had remaining shipping funds and items that he would transfer to me. This has not yet materialized. Shortly after my KC trip he also stopped answering phone calls and also stopped responding to my emails again. I know I've had a few people contact me directly about taking legal or criminal actions against him, but I believe we can resolve this without it coming to that.

Fortunately I was able to speak with his father who was the person who met me when I picked up the items at his home. I explained the situation and he reassured me that he would have a discussion with him and get back to me by Friday. I should have another update this weekend.

Wow he was too chicken to meet you when you took the initiative to travel all the way to his home?! And now communication has to go through his father? I think his name should be changed from bavman to bavboy.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #1132 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 08:49:46 »
I think he is just ashamed, he just didn't grasp how much work and responsibility there would be in organizing a GB of this size.

Offline nebo

« Reply #1133 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 08:55:31 »
Hey Wildcard, I got a hold of TP, he says he never got the plates or PCBs but that they were sent to WFD. Do you know anything about that?

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1134 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 22:08:03 »
Wasn't WFD taking on some of the orders from TP? This could be what he's referring too. But I have no idea other then that. I do have the plates that WFD shipped to Bavman.

Offline DamienG

• DamienG
« Reply #1135 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 12:28:20 »
So where are we at? Are we any closer to getting boards and plates?

[)amien

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1136 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 20:04:37 »
After all the **** that has happened with all this phantom stuff and... others, we might want to rethink how we do GBs in the future.  Seriously rethink.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #1137 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 01:11:03 »
After all the **** that has happened with all this phantom stuff and... others, we might want to rethink how we do GBs in the future.  Seriously rethink.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36773.msg694028#msg694028

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1138 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 06:54:40 »
So where are we at? Are we any closer to getting boards and plates?

[)amien

I never got a call on Friday. I tried calling again Sunday evening but I just reached a voicemail message. I'm planning on calling again after work today.

Agreed, this has been hell. On the positive side, at least Bavman appears to have ordered most of the stuff vs. the Changdrew scenero.

Offline nebo

« Reply #1139 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 09:23:33 »
Wasn't WFD taking on some of the orders from TP? This could be what he's referring too. But I have no idea other then that. I do have the plates that WFD shipped to Bavman.
Thanks, trying to get a hold of him now. I'm jumping ship on TPs building so if it's possible to have my plate shipped to me that'd be great.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1140 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 14:39:21 »
wildcard, would you please quote shipping costs of boards coming to EU?

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1141 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 21:24:30 »

Did you want me to quote you the cost to ship all the international orders (not including north america) to Italy in one large package?

Also, update Bavman emailed me tonight and I provided him my breakdown of where we're at. Hopefully he comes through (fingers crossed)

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1142 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 17:24:21 »

Did you want me to quote you the cost to ship all the international orders (not including north america) to Italy in one large package?

yes, exactly. Thanks! if that's not much of an hassle. All EU orders (I can't proxy Asian or Australian)

Also, update Bavman emailed me tonight and I provided him my breakdown of where we're at. Hopefully he comes through (fingers crossed)

great news

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #1143 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 12:05:01 »
Where is my stuff from this GB?

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #1144 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 12:09:04 »
Where is my stuff from this GB?
tl;dr
-bavman bailed, literally didn't give us an update for months.
-wildcard the hero went and got the pcbs/plates
-we're waiting to hear more about shipping
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1145 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 12:17:15 »

My feeling is that, if you want your stuff, you're going to have to pay Wildcard for shipping. It sucks, but Bavman probably blew the money like a jerk, and doesn't have it to give to Wildcard. So you can either pay Wildcard the shipping for him to send your stuff to you, or just let it sit at Wildcard's place. He was nice enough to go get the goods from a guy who was unresponsive, but you shouldn't expect him to foot the bill for shipping everything out.

My $0.02.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #1146 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 12:20:28 »

My feeling is that, if you want your stuff, you're going to have to pay Wildcard for shipping. It sucks, but Bavman probably blew the money like a jerk, and doesn't have it to give to Wildcard. So you can either pay Wildcard the shipping for him to send your stuff to you, or just let it sit at Wildcard's place. He was nice enough to go get the goods from a guy who was unresponsive, but you shouldn't expect him to foot the bill for shipping everything out.

My $0.02.
yeah, i expect to have to pay for shipping (since i don't expect bavman to pull through), and am 100% willing to do so if needed. just waiting to hear what we're doing about order confirmation, international shipping, etc.
github

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1147 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 12:21:32 »

My $0.02.
yeah, i expect to have to pay for shipping, and am 100% willing to do so. just waiting to hear what we're doing about order confirmation, international shipping, etc.

Also, I wasn't directing that at you, Photekq. I know you know what's up. I just wanted to inform the thread. :)

in memoriam

Offline nebo

« Reply #1148 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 12:21:42 »
I'm cool with paying for shipping. Would like to get it soon(ish) now that my switches are on the way.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #1149 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 12:22:36 »
Also, I wasn't directing that at you, Photekq. I know you know what's up. I just wanted to inform the thread. :)
no worries mate ;)
github