Author Topic: [Orders Closed] Phantom PCB R2  (Read 268181 times)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: [Orders Closed] Phantom PCB R2
« Reply #500 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 15:32:11 »
U MAD BRO?

I think bavman's prices are fine. If he makes a few bucks in the end, so be it. :D
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #501 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 15:36:15 »
Just see it as a "handling" fee. Running a GB and dealing with the logistics is no fun. Processing payment, printing addresses, packaging all the stuff, and taking it all to the post office takes more time than you'd think. Controller was suppose to be $18 anyways, so in the end you save a buck and bavman gains a buck. Win-Win.

Offline Germiphene

« Reply #502 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 15:40:27 »
Paid!  Can't wait to get this baby started  ;)
HHKB pro | RF 87U | RF 87U uni-45g | CM QFR | Steelseries 6Gv2 | Filco MT2 | IBM model M | IBM SSK '87

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #503 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 15:49:29 »
I understand that and I'm not trying to make a big deal out of an ant hill. When a thread says one thing it needs to stick to it, or just change what it says, or make it clear where the discrepancy lies. If I just arbitrarily decided one extra dollar was ok to charge on almost everything in my Toxic group buy I could make hundreds of dollars easily, but that is not what group buys are about. When i3oilermaker charged extra for the meth keys instead of the $.41-.51 a piece for the keys he changed his prices to the group buy price. $1 wasn't going to break the bank, it is just being honest, accountable, and with all the information for everyone to see. That is how you run a solid, reliable group buy and there is no harm in helping people learn to run the best group buy possible to improve everyone's experiences.

VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline nebo

« Reply #504 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 16:04:35 »
I'm confused, in the OP is says:

A Teensy 2.0 controller with header pins----Available through his GB for $18 per

I got charged $17 which sounds like I'm winning here.

EDIT:
Read the update #1, I'm stupid.

Offline bavman

« Reply #505 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 16:23:31 »
I understand that and I'm not trying to make a big deal out of an ant hill. When a thread says one thing it needs to stick to it, or just change what it says, or make it clear where the discrepancy lies. If I just arbitrarily decided one extra dollar was ok to charge on almost everything in my Toxic group buy I could make hundreds of dollars easily, but that is not what group buys are about. When i3oilermaker charged extra for the meth keys instead of the $.41-.51 a piece for the keys he changed his prices to the group buy price. $1 wasn't going to break the bank, it is just being honest, accountable, and with all the information for everyone to see. That is how you run a solid, reliable group buy and there is no harm in helping people learn to run the best group buy possible to improve everyone's experiences.

I'm sorry I didn't update you guys until someone caught that, I just wanted to cover all my bases because there's so much money going around in a group buy that if I make a small mistake it adds up and I can be out $100+ at the end.

Also unrelated, I had some people ask me about customs charges, and I'll put a low enough value on them so no ones gets charged with extra customs fees
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 January 2013, 16:25:35 by bavman »

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #506 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 16:37:55 »
I like the way you think. Good man.  :D
SmallFry! <3

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #507 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 21:58:06 »
(Finally) Paid. Thanks for doing this for the people (like me) who weren't around last time. Very excited about getting it (Because one of my friends has already asked for pics of it, and I just want to see it in person. Looks very cool!)
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline ElTwig

« Reply #508 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 22:04:02 »
paid.  Thanks for all the effort.

Offline FabsSpeed

« Reply #509 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 00:16:44 »
Hello!

I know i am Late, but any Chance in ordering two more bords?
| Wanted: KMAC  & KMAC 1.2, 356 Mini, 456 GT |

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #510 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 01:37:09 »
I think i got the invoice but idk cause it doesnt say anything about a phantom in the email i got.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #511 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 02:03:45 »
Does anyone know where we can buy switches in bulk? Don't say 7bit because I already know that. He gets the switches somewhere so it might be more cost effective if we put in a large order for switches directly from a distributor. I'm thankful that 7bit is offering switches, but shipping them in a timely manner is anyone's guess so I would like to eliminate this factor as well. 171 PCBs will require a lot of switches, and it will deplete his current stock. That means those that couldn't get their order in to him will be forced to wait a while or buy another keyboard to desolder switches.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Re: Re: [Orders Closed] Phantom PCB R2
« Reply #512 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 02:05:34 »
Does anyone know where we can buy switches in bulk? Don't say 7bit because I already know that. He gets the switches somewhere so it might be more cost effective if we put in a large order for switches directly from a distributor. I'm thankful that 7bit is offering switches, but shipping them in a timely manner is anyone's guess so I would like to eliminate this factor as well. 171 PCBs will require a lot of switches, and it will deplete his current stock.
umm dude currently offering switch in my gb for the phantom...

But hey if you can get me better pricing somewhere else go for it.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #513 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 02:14:01 »
Ah I total missed that  ^-^ . When I glanced at them, I thought they were directly from 7bit. They all look even cheaper than 7bit's price except for the red switches. Are these from a US distributor? What's the MOQ?

$0.60 - MXRED   (MX1A-L1NN)
$0.80 - MXDARKGREY   (MX1A-21NN)
$0.60 - MXBROWN   (MX1A-G1NN)
$0.60 - MXCLEAR   (MX1A-C1NN)
$0.60 - MXBLUE   (MX1A-E1NN)
$0.60 - MXWHITE   (MX1A-A1NN)]
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 January 2013, 02:16:12 by WhiteFireDragon »

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #514 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 02:17:52 »
Moq i belive is stated in the thread possibly as a note but its just 1000 switches total.

Offline inteli722

« Reply #515 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 06:56:03 »
Moq i belive is stated in the thread possibly as a note but its just 1000 switches total.
I would love to get Green switches if you could get some.
More

Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #516 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 09:37:24 »
I would love to get Green switches if you could get some.
currently cant get them but ill ask right before i put the form up.

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #517 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 12:47:17 »
Does anyone know where we can buy switches in bulk? Don't say 7bit because I already know that. He gets the switches somewhere so it might be more cost effective if we put in a large order for switches directly from a distributor. I'm thankful that 7bit is offering switches, but shipping them in a timely manner is anyone's guess so I would like to eliminate this factor as well. 171 PCBs will require a lot of switches, and it will deplete his current stock. That means those that couldn't get their order in to him will be forced to wait a while or buy another keyboard to desolder switches.

I would like some clears, and springs to make ergo cleard, if you put in the order.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #518 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 13:24:51 »
Paid. I hope we can get some cool custom aluminum cases for these. Maybe someone can get in contact with who ever makes the LZ and KMAC aluminum cases.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #519 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 11:17:13 »
I would like some clears, and springs to make ergo cleard, if you put in the order.

If you are hoping to just order springs alongside your clears, I would say that you are out of luck, I have yet to find a place to just get springs (apart from Koreans) your best bet is to get someone to trade their red/brown/blue springs with your clears.

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #520 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 11:43:50 »
The modern whites should be very similar to the greens..

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Cherry_MX_White

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #521 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 15:18:05 »
Paid!!!

Thanks
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline inteli722

« Reply #522 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 15:43:24 »

Whites, as I've heard, are soft and mushy. I want Greens. >:(

I'm stubborn, but I want greens. If you look at the Cherry MX Guide on Deskthority, they say that Whites are a soft click while Greens are a firm click.

EDIT: I meant Firm click for Greens...
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 January 2013, 19:44:30 by inteli722 »
More

Offline metafour

« Reply #523 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 19:17:56 »

Whites, as I've heard, are soft and mushy. I want Greens. >:(

I'm stubborn, but I want greens. If you look at the Cherry MX Guide on Deskthority, they say that Whites are a soft click while Greens are a soft click.

If they both have a soft click what's the problem?!

Offline t2russo

« Reply #524 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 19:24:54 »
Greens are very much a firm click.  Supposedly either the material or leg length of the whites makes them different.  But greens really just feel like blues with a black spring.

Offline inteli722

« Reply #525 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 19:44:57 »
Greens are very much a firm click.  Supposedly either the material or leg length of the whites makes them different.  But greens really just feel like blues with a black spring.

and I WON'T go for Ghetto Greens...too mainstream looking
More

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #526 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 20:11:26 »
So you type without keycaps?  Or do you regularly strip down your board for show and tell?
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #527 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 20:22:46 »
Do you regularly strip down for show and tell?
Seldom. :))

Offline fl0w3n

« Reply #528 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 20:26:53 »
So you type without keycaps?  Or do you regularly strip down your board for show and tell?

That is a bummer, though.  I forget whose boards they were, maybe Tsangan, but it was two litster cases - one blue and one red, with matching blue and red switches respectively... it looked awesome, but once caps are on it, no one will ever know  :-\

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #529 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 20:33:07 »
Aye, twas Tsangan. :) Also sold a DKSaver and an MKC V1 clear acrylic case with a Filco with browns inside. If i remember correctly, the blue Phantom had a white switch for the Esc. (Brain is in overdrive mode, sorry)

Offline fl0w3n

« Reply #530 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 20:48:23 »
The clear acrylic would look good with a phantom PCB, but not with the stock green Filco PCB

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #531 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 21:46:44 »
Filco PCB is blue IIRC

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #532 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 21:56:36 »
Filco PCB is blue IIRC
Not all of them:)

Offline jabar

« Reply #533 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 23:34:02 »
now with payment paid
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline nebo

« Reply #534 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 17:07:50 »
Is there going to be a deadline for payments or are we waiting for a set number to come in?

Offline bavman

« Reply #535 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 20:37:07 »
I would like to have everyone have their invoice paid within 1 week of receiving it. I talked to a couple people who won't be able to pay till later, but thats okay and shouldn't interfere with our timeline.

We're at about 22/118 invoices unpaid

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #536 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 22:20:44 »
Hey bavman did you see this yet? 5% off if you just publicize for them (facebook, twitter, or google). With 170ish PCBs ordered, 5% will save you $300, which you can pocket or donate to GH.

http://www.pcbwing.com/Surprise.php

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #537 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 22:28:12 »
We're at about 22/118 invoices unpaid

21/118 :)

Offline bavman

« Reply #538 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 22:32:57 »
Hey bavman did you see this yet? 5% off if you just publicize for them (facebook, twitter, or google). With 170ish PCBs ordered, 5% will save you $300, which you can pocket or donate to GH.

http://www.pcbwing.com/Surprise.php

Cool I'll definitely ask when I place the order

Offline Sai

« Reply #539 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 03:29:30 »
if anyone has an extra and willing to part, please tell me. I'll gladly pay for it. I was an idiot for not ordering in the given time frame.  :(
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #540 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 03:52:40 »
Paid also woo

Offline bavman

« Reply #541 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 01:39:18 »
Hey guys,

I've been away from home for the past day and I won't be back until tomorrow. I haven't been responding to my pm's and such because I don't have my computer with all my files. So if your expecting a reply from me or change in your invoice, please hang on and I'll get to you promptly.

Also if you haven't paid your invoice yet please do asap as I'd like to get the order placed for everything this week. If for whatever you need to cancel, let me know instead of not paying. If you have some circumstances that prevent you from paying now, talk to me and we'll figure something out (I know a couple people pm'd be and I will get back to you soon!).

Thanks guys :)

Offline Sai

[Orders Closed] Phantom PCB R2
« Reply #542 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 08:30:31 »
paid ! :D
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #543 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 11:58:27 »
Hey guys,

I've been away from home for the past day and I won't be back until tomorrow. I haven't been responding to my pm's and such because I don't have my computer with all my files. So if your expecting a reply from me or change in your invoice, please hang on and I'll get to you promptly.

Also if you haven't paid your invoice yet please do asap as I'd like to get the order placed for everything this week. If for whatever you need to cancel, let me know instead of not paying. If you have some circumstances that prevent you from paying now, talk to me and we'll figure something out (I know a couple people pm'd be and I will get back to you soon!).

Thanks guys :)

How many invoices are you waiting on before you submit the order?

Offline bavman

« Reply #544 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 12:51:14 »
I believe 11, ~$900. I sent out reminders on here and paypal last night so hopefully those get payed quickly. I think we should be ready to pay by tomorrow

Offline nebo

« Reply #545 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 12:55:03 »
I don't think there is that much of a hurry as plates still need to go through as well (and less importantly a case [gutted filco will do for now, but I'm not making this to be a filco ;)]);

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #546 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 13:00:20 »
Nice, Can't wait to get these PCB's!!!!

Thanks Bavman!
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline Batmann

[Orders Closed] Phantom PCB R2
« Reply #547 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 15:57:48 »
Sweet!

Offline metafour

« Reply #548 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 21:00:24 »
Is there an estimate on when they'll be complete after the order is submitted? I'm wondering how long I have to gather the remaining pieces aside from plates and stuff available in The Profosist's GB.

Offline Oproer

« Reply #549 on: Fri, 18 January 2013, 02:43:44 »
Where can I check if you received my payment? I hope nothing went wrong with it..