Author Topic: Hello  (Read 4188 times)

Offline morpheus

Hello
« on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 11:09:32 »
Hi,

Just introducing myself here. I've recently got into mechanical keyboards and I'm dying to get my first one soon. I've been doing a ton of research on them so far, but I'm undecided. It's down to Cherry MX Blue, Brown, or Black. I'm leaning towards KBT Race right now, but we'll see.

Thanks!

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 11:21:00 »
Welcome to geekhack. Where are you from?

Offline morpheus

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 11:25:05 »
I'm from US.

Thanks for the welcome  :D

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
    • Becker's 市場 рынок Markt - Sell/Buy/Trade
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 13:14:29 »
Welcome to GH bro! And good luck nursing your wallet back to health when you really get into this hobby ^_^
Here at GeekClack, time isn't worth anything because CCs are money.
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 13:16:24 »
Welcome to GH bro! And good luck nursing your wallet back to health when you really get into this hobby ^_^

You stole my line...... But wasnt that what I told you when you first joined? :p :p

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 14:07:14 »

You stole my line...... But wasnt that what I told you when you first joined? :p :p

<3 Imitation is the best form of flattery ^_^

Sounds like someone's successfully joined the club! It starts with "I'll just get this one keyboard..." and inevitably escalates very quickly from there. Welcome! :)
Yeah I definitely have been sucked in, but I am more than happy to be here :)

Thats you  ;) ;) your wallet must be cursing and swearing and hoping to seal itself shut permanently  :p :p
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 14:13:32 »
Thank you. Thank you  :)) :))

You should edit your post, you can never nurse a wallet back to life if you visit the classifieds in GH :p :p

You need to play tug-o-war with your wallet, using dollar bills ;D

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 14:42:57 »
Yes, this Forum is like the Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory for KeyBoards! And you are the little children trying to eat all the candy, and your wallet is the stomach trying to hold it all in (all of the damned receipts) XD
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 January 2013, 14:47:02 by razorsharpgears »
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 15:00:00 »
Oh my. That picture just ruined my impression of willy wonka's factory.......

Take some pictures from the movie maybe? :p

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 15:11:39 »
LOL, those are pictures from the movie! The original movie. Not the 2005 movie remake, which is crap. The original movie is a classic man!
Go watch it now, you are seriously missing out :3
http://thepiratebay.org/
^I don't condone any illegal use of that website, but just reminding you there is one :p
Or you can watch it streamed online: http://www.movie2k.to/Willy-Wonka-the-Chocolate-Factory-watch-movie-1986215.html

Go watch it  - NOW! XD
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 January 2013, 15:14:34 by razorsharpgears »
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 15:28:39 »
Well, but cos the newer movie's foodie land looks more appetising LOL.

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 15:55:51 »
xD You are right on that one, but only because of those graphic designers working behind the scenes -lol
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 16:19:48 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Go blues if you like the clicky sounds, otherwise go blacks if you have fairly strong fingers.  Browns are a middle ground, but surprisingly many people don't like browns.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline morpheus

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 05:18:09 »
Yes, indeed, this looks like an extremely expensive hobby. $100 keyboards? No problem, I just won't eat for a month. Well, maybe some saltine crackers and tap water.

Uh, quick question...why do people hate browns? Also, I like to bottom out sometimes when I feel like mashing my keyboard. Which cherry mx switch would be good for this?

Thanks.

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Hello
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 07:18:14 »
I've got or have had at least one board with every switch type (except some rare alps) and Brown MX is by far my favorite of anything. I mash the hell out of them, bottom out with gusto, and enjoy doing it.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 08:46:24 »
I like bottoming out with Blues. Adds more click and clack. Also, buckling springs. I don't hate browns, but I like others much better than them.