Author Topic: KBC Poker Matrix  (Read 4270 times)

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
KBC Poker Matrix
« on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 02:57:22 »
I looked into PCB traces of Poker and hope this helps someone. Though, these info may include inaccuracy in particular pin numbers, 'cause counting fine pitch pins was very difficult for my eyes.

Key switch matrix
These key events were observed with xev command on Xorg/Linux.
PCB says "Fn Keyboard Rev 1.2". Column pins are active low and Row pins are input with pull-up.
Code: [Select]
    R\C|7       8       9       10      15      16      23      24      25      26      27      28      36
    ---+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3  |z       x       c       v       m       ,       .       (P6)    Fn      (9)     (8)     (?)     RCtrl
    4  |(*1)    (*2)    (*3)    b       n       (X)     App     (P7)    (1)     (PgUp)  (?)     RAlt    (4)
    5  |`       (F1)    (F2)    5       6       =       (F8)    (P4)    (6)     (PgDn)  -       (?)     LCtrl
    6  |1       2       3       4       7       8       9       (Left)  (X)     (X)     0       (*4)    (F5)
    43 |q       w       e       r       u       i       o       (Right) (X)     (5)     p       (SclLk) (Pause)
    44 |Tab     (CapLk) (F3)    t       y       ]       (F7)    LShift  (3)     LWin    [       (?)     (7)
    45 |a       s       d       f       j       k       l       RShift  Rwin    (4)     ;       (?)     (6)
    46 |(Esc)   (,)     (F4)    g       h       (F6)    (X)     (Down)  (2)     (0)     '       LAlt    (5)
    ( ): no real switch                 
    (X): no key event                 
    (?): unclear(media key?)           
    *1: Muhenkan                       
    *2: Henkan-Mode                   
    *3: Hiragana-katakana             
    *4: ScreenShot event?

LED pins and resistors
Esc:                 13(active low), R15(1.5KOhm)
CapsLock:       17(active low), R8(1.5KOhm)
Spc, Arrows:    14(active low), R13(1.5KOhm) for 4 LEDs

DIP switch pins
Turning switch on makes line pull down to ground.
SW1:            47(input with pull-up)
SW2:            30(input with pull-up)
SW3:            1(input with pull-up) 
SW4:            2(input with pull-up)

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
Re: KBC Poker Matrix
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 04:19:58 »
Hey thanks for this, it really helps. I tried following traces, got lost a few times, and eventually gave up haha. Kudos to you.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 05:03:08 »
I was just going to walk out of here... but I'm curious to learn. What is it I'm looking at here, and how can it be helpful? Either way, thanks for going through the effort to provide info such as this.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 08:07:56 »
This is how the keyboard is wired up, if you wanted to hook up a new controller, you need to tell the controller which key is which by tell its location. Essentially this is a map of the traces on the PCB.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 08:50:29 »
So with this information, someone could theoretically swap the controller for a more programmable one if they had the technical know-how? That is useful!

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
Re: Re: KBC Poker Matrix
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 12:26:53 »
So with this information, someone could theoretically swap the controller for a more programmable one if they had the technical know-how? That is useful!
Exactly. :)

Offline desal

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 04:47:24 »
Interesting that the matrix still has keys that aren't physically present on the keyboard.

I was looking at putting a teensy/etc in my poker, but with an imsto aluminium case there's really no room. Now I'm thinking i could rewire the right hand modifiers to be the standard ralt/apps/win/rctrl and then make some sort of ps/2 (if i recall correctly the poker will work via a passive adapter) to usb dongle with an avr to add fn-layers/etc.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 05:34:21 »
Exactly same as what I thought about.
Changing Fn key into RALT with rewiring is reasonable way to tweak keymap of this keyboard.
Remap with software like AHK or something is easier but if you need a hardware remap you may want to look at my converter or Soarer's.