Author Topic: Reccomend a mouse?  (Read 3724 times)

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
Reccomend a mouse?
« on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 15:16:48 »
So I have been gaming seriously for a year or so now, and I have upgraded my keyboard, but I still need a new mouse, I only have the mouse which came with the original keyboard mouse combo, and I love it dearly, but it is time to move on. I like very simple mice, not keen on buttons on it accept for the main 3 any recommendations would be good:D

Current mouse...
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
Re: Reccomend a mouse?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 15:21:55 »
You haven't said what you'd like in a mouse regarding shape etc., so hard to make proper recommendations, but here are a few;

Logitech G400: Best value for money out there. I don't get why people buy the G500 over this.

Razer DeathAdder: 3.5g version is also pretty good bang for your buck, not so sure if I'd recommend the 2013 DA due to Synapse BS, but the physical aspect of the 2013 is far better than previous models.

Razer Abyssus: Fantastic mouse if you like them a bit small.

Logitech G9x: Has a laser sensor with slight hardware accel, although this isn't an issue if you normally play with accel or use mid sens and above on a hard pad. Great shape and overall fantastic mouse.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 15:40:45 »
You haven't said what you'd like in a mouse regarding shape etc., so hard to make proper recommendations, but here are a few;

Logitech G400: Best value for money out there. I don't get why people buy the G500 over this.

Razer DeathAdder: 3.5g version is also pretty good bang for your buck, not so sure if I'd recommend the 2013 DA due to Synapse BS, but the physical aspect of the 2013 is far better than previous models.

Razer Abyssus: Fantastic mouse if you like them a bit small.

Logitech G9x: Has a laser sensor with slight hardware accel, although this isn't an issue if you normally play with accel or use mid sens and above on a hard pad. Great shape and overall fantastic mouse.

Sorry, I was vague on purpose. I want something new :D
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline link_tree

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 16:04:04 »
I am seconding the G400.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 16:06:24 »
I am seconding the G400.
Personally I think it is quite ugly, and im not a big fan of the extra buttons :3

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 16:10:22 »
Personally I think it is quite ugly
Yet you say you've been gaming seriously? Now, as a collector I'm all about interesting mice and whatnot, but if you were serious about gaming you'd be looking for the mouse that performed the best for your needs, not looked the best.

As far as interesting in shape with no extra buttons the Razer Abyssus is the only one I can think of, most mice have side buttons at least.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 16:16:32 »
Personally I think it is quite ugly
Yet you say you've been gaming seriously? Now, as a collector I'm all about interesting mice and whatnot, but if you were serious about gaming you'd be looking for the mouse that performed the best for your needs, not looked the best.

As far as interesting in shape with no extra buttons the Razer Abyssus is the only one I can think of, most mice have side buttons at least.

I have, but i couldn't wake up in the morning and look at it, i would throw up everywhere :3 I might just get a replacement hp. I haz raw sk1llz anyhow.

Offline link_tree

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 16:19:01 »
I am seconding the G400.
Personally I think it is quite ugly, and im not a big fan of the extra buttons :3
personally before purchasing this mouse I disliked it's shape and look too from the images I've seen but once you actually use it you forget about this and now I actually quite like it's looks and the shape is very comfortable IMO but comfort is a subjective matter.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 16:20:51 »

Offline verbhal

• twitch.tv/verbhal
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 16:25:51 »
I have been using a G500 recently and I enjoy it.  I also have a Steel Series Sensei which was a great mouses and had a Steel Series Kana but wanted more buttons on the side. 

Offline neuraxis

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 16:37:05 »
Have a look at the Roccat Savu. Flawless tracking up to 3000 DPI and cheaper than the DeathAdder with about the same build quality.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 January 2013, 16:38:42 by neuraxis »

Offline nehkz

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 18:51:14 »
I am seconding the G400.

The G400 is a great looking mouse, what are you talking about?

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 19:11:42 »
G700 perfect balance between everything.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 20:14:51 »
Razer Naga 2012
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 20:43:28 »
I don't game, but after a couple of months I LOVE my Wow Joy Pen mouse.

Now I just wish that they would make a left hand version.
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."
- Donald Trump - Las Vegas 2024-06-09

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 21:01:04 »
Any good gaming mouse will be an upgrade compared to what you (the op) have.

My advice is don't be afraid to go wireless, just make sure it's meant for gaming and a good brand(!) and don't dismiss extra buttons so easily. I use thumb buttons to quickly swap weapons and reload on games, in a big firefight this gives me a nice edge compared to most people who use normal keys for this function.

The mouse I keep coming back to is the Logitech G700, this is my second as I wore out the left button switch (I need to pull it apart and replace it). Yes, it's ugly, has extra buttons (I only use a few), the cord is a bit stiff, and the plastic looks cheap compared the much loved MX Revolution, but in the end it's a darn good mouse. It can be used wired or wireless, has programmable firmware(!), uses Omron switches, and the battery is a common and easily replaced nihm AA battery. You can even get them on sale for about what some of these (overpriced) high end wired mice cost.

Contrary to what many will tell you, modern gaming mice effectively have zero lag.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 January 2013, 21:02:54 by Leslieann »
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline flacman

• I have oneness with cup rubber
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 04:24:47 »
Steelseries Sensei or Mionix Naos (if you're right-handed).

I own the former and it's great - with full compatibility under Windows 8.
HHKB Pro 2 | Realforce 87U 55g | Realforce RGB | RAMA Kara

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 04:33:53 »
Thanks to all you guys but I have purchased a mouse which was very cheap from a guy off ebay because the description was simply "Sealed" so if it is any good I shall report back, if it is not I shall never mention it again.

Regards, Tym.

Offline ajx

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 04:58:00 »
G700, the best of G500 which is an excellent mice + wireless mode + more programmable buttons