Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 3555237 times)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #5750 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 17:48:14 »
^ POST THE COMPLETE COLLECTION
I love Elzy

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #5751 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 18:09:05 »
http://imgur.com/a/tXiWW#0

ENJOY THE BAD PICS AND BAD SPAM

OMG LOVE IT! I want this one so bad !!

Hey I made a thread, you should go post those images in there!

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=53117.0
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 January 2014, 18:28:11 by dustinhxc »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5752 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 19:46:36 »

Show Image

that one is pad printed and rather ****ty
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5753 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 19:48:22 »
What screws/bolts are most common for holding PCBs to their cases?  Would a 4-40 be the most common?  If not, what should I be looking for?  In this case I am tapping my own holes, so I have some control over the size of my screws/bolts.

I see on all of the PCB diagrams that there are dimensions for everything except the holes.  Without the dimensions of the holes it is really hard to know what size screws/bolts to use.

Poker case and 60% case screws can be found here

http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/119/3019/=q10hon

#92000A011

Based on your screw size suggestion, I got a selection of inserts for prototyping my case design and DAMN these things are tiny.  I got 4 different flavours for tapping a couple different mediums.  I already have 1/4" plexiglass which I will be prototyping with as well as wood.  I will get to Aluminum and Steel later when I get some of the kinks worked out.

Thanks for the details...

50032-0 50034-1 50036-2 50038-3 50040-4

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #5754 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 20:57:06 »

Show Image

Oh lame.. I just like the font ;x

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5755 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 21:24:01 »

Show Image

Oh lame.. I just like the font ;x

just because its pad printed....its still a cool cap :P

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5757 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 17:01:12 »
I recently got a Focus FK2001 from an ebay seller. When I press numpad 0, it sends the code for numpad 0, but also for number row 4 and 6. Also, numpad 1 sends codes for numpad 1 and number row 8 and 9. Is this an issue with the controller?

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #5758 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 17:03:44 »
How does one get their hands on a red GMK enter key? Is classifieds the only reasonable option?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5759 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 17:05:07 »
How does one get their hands on a red GMK enter key? Is classifieds the only reasonable option?

http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys&pid=cds_red_enter

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #5760 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 17:10:43 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5761 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 17:17:39 »

http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys&pid=cds_red_enter

Oh. Well that was easy. Thanks!

Welcome!!

They have quite a few GMK accent keys.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5762 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 17:47:20 »
I recently got a Focus FK2001 from an ebay seller. When I press numpad 0, it sends the code for numpad 0, but also for number row 4 and 6. Also, numpad 1 sends codes for numpad 1 and number row 8 and 9. Is this an issue with the controller?

Just in case this got lost on the last page.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5763 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 21:06:31 »

Just in case this got lost on the last page.

Did you check the soldering joints? Could be an issue with that too.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5764 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 21:08:32 »
A question for an issue I'm having. I have an MY1800 case that I'm trying to use as a case for a Leeku 1800 PCB.

There are those posts and they seem to be molded to the top and bottom of the case. Is the case really not able to be taken apart? Or am I missing something? Proper model number is G81-1800LUMUS-2/03.

Offline tbc

« Reply #5765 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 21:23:42 »
Are there any custom PCBs that support zone backlighting?  this is NOT standard legend backlighting; I just want the underglow effect.

if so, are there any that support RGB LEDs?   the controller does not need to support on-the-fly color changing; needing a reflash is okay.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #5766 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 21:23:54 »
Well, a few of those look like it screws together, are there screws holding the case together? I dont have a KB to compare, but my G80-11900 is screwed together in a similar fashion. Same with my inet (dolch) kb.

also watch out for tabs holding the case on.

Glad you were able to get some POM.

Are there any custom PCBs that support zone backlighting?  this is NOT standard legend backlighting; I just want the underglow effect.

if so, are there any that support RGB LEDs?   the controller does not need to support on-the-fly color changing; needing a reflash is okay.
None that I know of right now for RGB: look out for cherry RGB MX in 2014 though. For zone backlighting, you can use alps switches and a led under them (like the duck 60%) also I think there's a korean board that has led's next to the switches, but I forgot the name.
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 January 2014, 21:25:47 by dorkvader »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5767 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 21:31:20 »
1) Are there any custom PCBs that support zone backlighting?  this is NOT standard legend backlighting; I just want the underglow effect.

2) Are there any that support RGB LEDs?   the controller does not need to support on-the-fly color changing; needing a reflash is okay.

1) I'm not understanding your question that well. What is "zone backlighting" versus "legend backlighting"? It's just backlighting with different keycaps. Some keycaps let the light pass through the legends. Others don't.

2) RGB LEDs currently won't work. But there are going to be RGB LEDs in the new Corsair boards.

Well, a few of those look like it screws together, are there screws holding the case together? I dont have a KB to compare, but my G80-11900 is screwed together in a similar fashion. Same with my inet (dolch) kb.

also watch out for tabs holding the case on.

Glad you were able to get some POM.

Tabs I got apart. I don't see any screws on the back...And I don't have POM :(. Wait, this board had POM caps??

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #5768 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 21:41:11 »

Tabs I got apart. I don't see any screws on the back...And I don't have POM :(. Wait, this board had POM caps??

Most likely. Lasered black cherry kbs almost always sue POM.

Man, I really should-a brought my DAS II keycaps for you to try.

Those posts don't look like screw points, but I dont have the actual KB to compare. there's got to be some way to take it apart though.

Offline tbc

« Reply #5769 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 21:42:16 »

1) I'm not understanding your question that well. What is "zone backlighting" versus "legend backlighting"? It's just backlighting with different keycaps. Some keycaps let the light pass through the legends. Others don't

legend backlighting has the LED inside the MX housing LED slot so that the LEDis directly underneath the legend.

zone backlighting involves placing the LED away from the switch housing.  you do NOT get backlit legends; only the underglow effect

i'm wondering about the zone backlighting because having LEDs and enjoying the option to pop the switch top off to change srprings/stems isn't compatible when you're using legend backlighting (without modding each switch top yourself).  zone backlighting is an option for me because I ONLY care about underglow lighting effect and do not need the legends to be visible in the dark.
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 January 2014, 23:00:56 by tbc »
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5770 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 22:03:10 »

Those posts don't look like screw points, but I dont have the actual KB to compare. there's got to be some way to take it apart though.

Hm, on closer inspection there are tabs and some cutouts on the backside. I'll snap a picture tomorrow. They feel extremely unyielding through...

legend backlighting has the LED inside the MX housing LED slot so that the LEDis directly underneath the legend.

zone backlighting involves placing the LED away from the switch housing.  you do NOT get backlit legends; only the underglow effect

i'm wondering about the zone backlighting because having LEDs and enjoying the option to pop the switch top off to change srprings/stems isn't compatible when you're using legend backlighting (without modding each switch top yourself).  zone backlighting is an option for me because I ONLY care about underglow lighting effect and do not need the legends to be visible in the dark.

So I think you need a polycarb sandwich case or something acrylic more than you need a PCB. Can't you just put the LED on backwards and bend it into place? I know that Binge's 2TU and Sifo's GON have that effect. But I feel like its more of a function of the case than the PCB. Seems like you just need to get a PCB that supports LEDs (KMAC, GON, 2TU, many other korean customs), don't populate the LEDs under the keycaps, put the LEDS on backwards, and bend them into place behind the PCB and case.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #5771 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 22:37:26 »

Another option would be to us EL mat and just make a cutout in the mat for each switch.  This would give a very clean and even glow under the caps.  Just make sure you get the proper mat as I believe there are 2 different styles.  One allows holes to be cut in it and the other doesn't IIRC.  But it has been a while since I have looked at that stuff.  I do know there are some EL stuffs that will run on USB power as well.  If you need more than that most of the mats can be powered via 12 volts which the PSU will be able to push with no problems.
Hm, on closer inspection there are tabs and some cutouts on the backside. I'll snap a picture tomorrow. They feel extremely unyielding through...

So I think you need a polycarb sandwich case or something acrylic more than you need a PCB. Can't you just put the LED on backwards and bend it into place? I know that Binge's 2TU and Sifo's GON have that effect. But I feel like its more of a function of the case than the PCB. Seems like you just need to get a PCB that supports LEDs (KMAC, GON, 2TU, many other korean customs), don't populate the LEDs under the keycaps, put the LEDS on backwards, and bend them into place behind the PCB and case.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline stancato9

« Reply #5772 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 13:40:08 »
Does anyone know how you can post an image url in a thread that is just a thumbnail, but enlarges to it's original size when clicked?
Poker 2 - MX Red

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5773 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 13:53:53 »
Does anyone know how you can post an image url in a thread that is just a thumbnail, but enlarges to it's original size when clicked?

I find it easiest to host on an external site (imgur, flickr) and then insert into a post using the [ img ] and [ /img ] (without spaces) tags (available as a button above the smilies).  When you do it this way, it will be a thumbnail that pops up and blows up when clicked.  Is that what you mean?  Or am I misunderstanding?   :-\

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5774 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 14:10:20 »

Just attach it to the thread and then choose the option of "Inline expandable thumbnail".  That will give you the functionality you are looking for (if I understand correctly).

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #5775 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 02:33:04 »
Matias or Thorpek?
I've tried MX tactile no match for me
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #5776 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 05:02:51 »
Matias or Thorpek?
I've tried MX tactile no match for me

Try both, choose one (or both). It's a matter of taste.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #5777 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 05:07:37 »

Do a web search. I found an exploded drawing somewhere(Cherry?) and still didn't understand how to take it apart. Still waiting on you do do it! :)

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #5778 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 05:42:56 »
Does anyone know who (in CONUS) can reload 356mini firmware? Or some professional service provider that is probably able to do this.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline yasuo

« Reply #5779 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 07:17:44 »
What alternative of MCP23018 I/O?

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5780 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 07:21:19 »

What exactly are you trying to do with this? I just don't know what an I/O does.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #5781 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 07:27:48 »

What is the problem with using it, it is easily available via many online electronic component stores.

Offline yasuo

« Reply #5782 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 07:41:49 »

What exactly are you trying to do with this? I just don't know what an I/O does.
for half hand like ergodox then to connector

What is the problem with using it, it is easily available via many online electronic component stores.
shipping :mad:
i found this in my local store
http://m.kaskus.co.id/post/52ca31850d8b46e07c8b4597#post52ca31850d8b46e07c8b4597

any suggest others

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5783 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 07:46:11 »

shipping :mad:
i found this in my local store
http://m.kaskus.co.id/post/52ca31850d8b46e07c8b4597#post52ca31850d8b46e07c8b4597

any suggest others

Get someone to proxy for you?

Offline Trippy

« Reply #5784 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 19:29:44 »
Just wanted to let y'all know that I'm liking my QFR. Also enjoying brown switches :).
Keyboards: DAS Keyboard Ultimate w/ Blues/CM Storm QFR w/ Browns
PC Specs: Intel Core i7 4770k
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-OC
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 1600mhz
MSI GTX 660ti Power Edition
120gb Samsung 840 evo, 2 WD Blue 320gb
Fractal Design R4
Corsair HX 850

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #5785 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 19:30:33 »
Filco ninja white has white or black plate?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #5786 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 20:49:29 »
Probably the same as any other white filco
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline yasuo

« Reply #5787 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 21:19:04 »
50435-0
What black color used for screw? :)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5788 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 21:56:29 »
(Attachment Link)

Not sure what you're asking.  It's black suede in the bottom and standoffs with standard M2 screws.

Offline yasuo

« Reply #5789 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 23:48:04 »
(Attachment Link)

Not sure what you're asking.  It's black suede in the bottom and standoffs with standard M2 screws.
and what name Chop/connector/female screw you used?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5790 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 23:54:57 »

You'll have to figure that one out on your own.  I did a fair amount of experimenting with the case designs and materials to see what would work and what wouldn't work for my case design.

Offline yasuo

« Reply #5791 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 00:00:27 »

You'll have to figure that one out on your own.  I did a fair amount of experimenting with the case designs and materials to see what would work and what wouldn't work for my case design.
yeah, ;D i've search the name is standoffs/female screw :)
thanks

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #5792 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 02:43:54 »
Hello fellow GHers.
As this is the first time i'm installing blank keycaps, i would like to ask all of you: What's the best way to do it without screwing the setup and the rows up.
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #5793 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 03:14:41 »
As this is the first time i'm installing blank keycaps, i would like to ask all of you: What's the best way to do it without screwing the setup and the rows up.

Sort them beforehand. You can identify the row profiles by sorting the keycaps by length: Longest (2.75) is the right shift, second longest are the left shift and enter (2.25), next is the backspace (2). You now have three row profiles identified and should be able to sort the rest.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5794 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 03:28:24 »
Hello fellow GHers.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=32503.0

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=48588.0

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=27744.0

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=32779.0

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=25112.0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #5795 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 04:30:45 »
If I use a German QWERTZ keyboard on a Norwegian computer, will it be possible to make it QWERTY somehow, maybe it changes automatic?
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #5796 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 04:59:25 »

Sort them beforehand. You can identify the row profiles by sorting the keycaps by length: Longest (2.75) is the right shift, second longest are the left shift and enter (2.25), next is the backspace (2). You now have three row profiles identified and should be able to sort the rest.
Thanks, I kind of figured it out. I just have an issue with the enter key.
It stays stuck in the bottom-out position, and no matter how much i try, it wont fit as the all the other keys.
Does anyone have a fix for this issue maybe?
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #5797 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 05:01:53 »
Your PC does not know what layout your keyboard has. If you set your layout to QWERTY on your PC it will behave like QWERTY, so it will show a Y when you press the key next to R.

It stays stuck in the bottom-out position, and no matter how much i try, it wont fit as the all the other keys.

Sounds like a stabilizer issue. Double check them.

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #5798 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 05:08:50 »
Your PC does not know what layout your keyboard has. If you set your layout to QWERTY on your PC it will behave like QWERTY, so it will show a Y when you press the key next to R.

Sounds like a stabilizer issue. Double check them.
I did. After searching on the forum for a bit, it seems i need to do something like this
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/Furuyah/Keyboard/FilcoPOS/shift_chopped_angled.jpg
Wow it would really ache me to butcher imsto's thick enter like this.
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #5799 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 05:39:39 »
I did. After searching on the forum for a bit, it seems i need to do something like this
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/Furuyah/Keyboard/FilcoPOS/shift_chopped_angled.jpg
Wow it would really ache me to butcher imsto's thick enter like this.

Are you sure that the key get stuck on the stabilizer? What keyboard do you have? Can you move the stabilizer itself without the keycap?