Author Topic: Topre Appreciation Thread!  (Read 125810 times)

Offline Moomoo

Re: Topre Appreciation Thread!
« Reply #550 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 18:14:07 »
Brought a HKKB to figure it out what the whole fuss was about topre keyboards. Wrote up a report for university and to tell you the truth I don't think I can go back to MX ever again. Ever and never again. This is just too good even the build quality of the keyboard itself is just amazing. I don't know might be exaggerating but it seriously feels like heaven on my fingers. The "thock" is a unique sound that makes you want to typre more.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #551 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 18:17:08 »
Brought a HKKB to figure it out what the whole fuss was about topre keyboards. Wrote up a report for university and to tell you the truth I don't think I can go back to MX ever again. Ever and never again. This is just too good even the build quality of the keyboard itself is just amazing. I don't know might be exaggerating but it seriously feels like heaven on my fingers. The "thock" is a unique sound that makes you want to typre more.

Another satisfied Topre user who has been turned from MX.

How are you finding the layout?  Getting used to it yet?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Moomoo

« Reply #552 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 18:26:40 »

Layout is pretty simple for me I don't usually use all the functions apart from Ctl actions. Will take me a fair bit to get the full extend of the keyboard though. That delete key is annoying me I keep pressing `. Overall she's a beauty

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #553 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 18:29:56 »

Layout is pretty simple for me I don't usually use all the functions apart from Ctl actions. Will take me a fair bit to get the full extend of the keyboard though. That delete key is annoying me I keep pressing `. Overall she's a beauty

I'm getting too used to the HHKB backspace.  Pressed what I thought was on my QFR at work this morning and was rewarded with a row of \\\\\\\\\\\
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sniping

« Reply #554 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 21:04:09 »
Have you tried using AutoHotKey for your non-HHKB keyboards?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #555 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 22:35:33 »
Others share some of the keyboards, so that is not really an option.

Offline Moomoo

« Reply #556 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 02:04:45 »
I love Topre switches that much that when I get this semester out of the way I think I am going to buy a RF87 U (55g). Are they really the epitome of all switches?

Offline smknjoe

• I like tactile, clicky, switches.
« Reply #557 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 02:34:21 »

I'm getting too used to the HHKB backspace.  Pressed what I thought was on my QFR at work this morning and was rewarded with a row of \\\\\\\\\\\

This happens to me too when switching between boards from the HHKB. Besides the relatively light key press, lack of a tactile "bump" and high price I like Topre. The fluid motion and key cap texture are awesome.
SSKs for everyone!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #558 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 04:40:25 »

This happens to me too when switching between boards from the HHKB. Besides the relatively light key press, lack of a tactile "bump" and high price I like Topre. The fluid motion and key cap texture are awesome.

To me Topre has a tactile bump, or, if not quite a bump, at least a tactile thump.

I have been using MX blacks at work most of this week, and switched to MX reds today, and now I am using Topre, and Topre I can definitely feel each key activating.

Offline knotra

• I ­­­♥ ⌂ ♫
« Reply #559 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 16:48:16 »
i just got my topre in today. (realforce 87 tenkeyless 45 g uniform) i've been using it for about 2 hours now and i am absolutely loving it. it was definitely worth the price as long as it doesnt self destruct within the next few months.
Keyboards: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate, Das Model S Ultimate Tactile Soft, Das Model S Professional Tactile Click, Corsair Vengeance K90, Steelseries 6gv2 Black Switch, Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 Soft Linear Action, Ducky DK9087 Shine II w/ Browns, Ducky DK9008 Shine II w/ Blues, WASD Keyboard v1 w/ Browns, Leopold FC200R Tacticle Touch, White Filco Majestouch-2 TKL Click Action, Ducky DK9008G2 PRO Dark Grey Version PBT w/ Clears, Realforce 87U Tenkeyless 45g White/Grey

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #560 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 16:51:00 »
I tried Topre finally and i'm going to post my further thoughts in the cap tester thread, but Topre isn't for me.
i don't see what's so special...it's quite uncomfortable to use...so mushy..

anyways, now i know, topre isn't for dubs

the rest of you, enjoy!

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #561 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 01:01:47 »
I own 3. Just bought another one.  Beat that, geeks.

I've purchased 3 RealForces, a HHKB and an FC660C

Offline morpheus

« Reply #562 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 03:17:52 »
i just got my topre in today. (realforce 87 tenkeyless 45 g uniform) i've been using it for about 2 hours now and i am absolutely loving it. it was definitely worth the price as long as it doesnt self destruct within the next few months.

The more I use Topre the less I want to use MX, although I try to switch from time to time so that I don't wear out my Topre as fast.

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #563 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 06:56:33 »
I tried Topre finally and i'm going to post my further thoughts in the cap tester thread, but Topre isn't for me.
i don't see what's so special...it's quite uncomfortable to use...so mushy..

anyways, now i know, topre isn't for dubs

the rest of you, enjoy!

You selling that topre you no longer want? ;)
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline Sniping

« Reply #564 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 08:56:10 »

The more I use Topre the less I want to use MX, although I try to switch from time to time so that I don't wear out my Topre as fast.

Already getting close to those 50 million keypresses?

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #565 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 09:14:08 »

Yeah I agree, you don't really need to worry about wearing that keyboard out.  It will last you a very very long time.
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #566 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 19:26:09 »
Any other fans of the FC660C around?
Its the only topre board I have at the moment, and I'm absolutely loving it.
That being said, after reading this thread, I think my next pickup will be a 55g Realforce.
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline knotra

• I ­­­♥ ⌂ ♫
« Reply #567 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 20:08:33 »

Yeah I agree, you don't really need to worry about wearing that keyboard out.  It will last you a very very long time.

thats great to hear because I love this board and i dont really want to spend another 300 dollars because it broke. rather spend it on another topre board  :))
Keyboards: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate, Das Model S Ultimate Tactile Soft, Das Model S Professional Tactile Click, Corsair Vengeance K90, Steelseries 6gv2 Black Switch, Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 Soft Linear Action, Ducky DK9087 Shine II w/ Browns, Ducky DK9008 Shine II w/ Blues, WASD Keyboard v1 w/ Browns, Leopold FC200R Tacticle Touch, White Filco Majestouch-2 TKL Click Action, Ducky DK9008G2 PRO Dark Grey Version PBT w/ Clears, Realforce 87U Tenkeyless 45g White/Grey

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #568 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 20:25:38 »
Any other fans of the FC660C around?
Its the only topre board I have at the moment, and I'm absolutely loving it.
That being said, after reading this thread, I think my next pickup will be a 55g Realforce.

Lots of peoples positive comments (including mine!) in these 2 review threads :)

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=42825.0
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=44070.0
HHKB Type-S 55g - FC660M - FC210TP

Offline Moomoo

« Reply #569 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 07:03:04 »
Has anyone looked into the eBay aluminium cases for the Topre? I mean they look sweet especially the USB mode and the aluminium weight factor. Been eyeing them out for a while now but I can't decide if I should buy it either.

Offline Yuuki

« Reply #570 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 07:11:26 »
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=40658.msg904061#msg904061

(potato pic)
yep I have one. It's nice but it's too expensive. I can't recommand it for this price, unless money isn't a problem

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #571 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 07:56:49 »
I have a Topre RealForce 103UB-55G and a HHKB Pro 2, very happy user of both. As for whether I can still deal with Cherry switch keyboards, happy to report that I still like my Cherry MX keyboards, especially the heavier ones like Green and Black. Typing this on my Keycool 84 LED Black and I can still appreciate cherry switches....

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #572 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 10:25:20 »
My next big purchase will be a 55g uniform Topre board. It's unfortunate that the full-sized RealForce 55g uniform boards have been discontinued, so I'll have to settle for a TKL.

Does anyone know why they were discontinued?

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
« Reply #573 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 10:37:04 »
i appreciate topre's oneness   ;D

i have another HHKB coming in fairly soon and 55g Realforce to mess around on.
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |

Offline morpheus

« Reply #574 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 10:40:33 »
Is the HHKB Pro 2, all 45g like the Leopold FC660?

Also, does not having a steel plate in the HHKB Pro 2 make that much of a difference?

Offline badcop

« Reply #575 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 11:07:28 »

Also, does not having a steel plate in the HHKB Pro 2 make that much of a difference?

its all 45g except for the spacebar and esc.  someone correct me if wrong here

i haven't typed on a plated topre board but from what i understand, HHKB has more of a thock sound due to the natural reverberation of the case and the RF/660 plate absorbs a lot of the mechanical noise so it sounds like a click.
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87

Offline morpheus

« Reply #576 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 11:53:57 »

i haven't typed on a plated topre board but from what i understand, HHKB has more of a thock sound due to the natural reverberation of the case and the RF/660 plate absorbs a lot of the mechanical noise so it sounds like a click.

Also, I heard that the keycaps on the HHKB Pro 2 are somewhat bigger than the Realforce and FC660C...is this true?

Offline badcop

« Reply #577 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 11:58:31 »

Also, I heard that the keycaps on the HHKB Pro 2 are somewhat bigger than the Realforce and FC660C...is this true?

bigger in which way?

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #578 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 12:55:09 »
I heard that the keycaps on the HHKB Pro 2 are somewhat bigger than the Realforce and FC660C...is this true?

This is not true, but the caps on the uTron are a small percentage smaller. I've heard they are 95% the size of normal Topre caps.
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #579 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 13:52:34 »

They are the same size and profile. I think because of the HHKB's small size its an optical illusion, that make the keys seem larger than the Realforce.

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #580 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 21:09:48 »
The HHKB just sounds better than other topre keyboards. I love it but i do sometimes miss the dedicated arrow keys. Still, it's my favorite topre keyboard and my favorite keyboard in general.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #581 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 21:52:42 »
Has anyone looked into the eBay aluminium cases for the Topre? I mean they look sweet especially the USB mode and the aluminium weight factor. Been eyeing them out for a while now but I can't decide if I should buy it either.

those cases are for chumps. you need one of these (in the background):

i'll try to dig up another shot of that board... maybe i should put it back together.
EDIT here we go:
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 August 2013, 21:58:49 by sth »
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline morpheus

« Reply #582 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 01:15:11 »
I'm lusting for a HHKB Pro 2....maybe a nice Christmas present to myself?

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #583 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 01:16:28 »
So pretty sth....

:eek:
Kangaroo~
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline melt

• check out my Instagram!
« Reply #584 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 15:09:54 »
holy crapmaster flex... just got my HHKB type-s 3 days ago and haven't been able to stop. it's like nothing I've ever typed on before and that's a good thing in my book.  It's like I'm learning a new instrument.  I don't know how many more custom Korean boards I can order from here on out, but the only thing that irks me is that theres not enough custom cases for topre boards... was thinking of ordering that aluminum case for the RF 87u on eBay for a whopping 450 bucks as I got a 55g RF in the mail and it seems like that's the only aluminum case out there for a topre board, at least as much as I know, and that's not saying much... gotta research.  ha

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #585 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 15:52:20 »

those cases are for chumps.

except thats not actually a case, it's a shell around a case.

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #586 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 15:57:29 »
How has the community not made a HHKB or RF87 custom case yet? Cherry gets all the love :/

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #587 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 16:11:36 »
How has the community not made a HHKB or RF87 custom case yet? Cherry gets all the love :/

I covered the issues regarding HHKB cases here.

But RF cases are certainly doable.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #588 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 19:10:15 »
Someone needs to do a realforce case!
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #589 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 22:08:51 »
Will hopefully be getting my hands on a HHKB in a month or two. I've wanted one for so long. It will be so hard to decide on which color, though.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline unnatural

« Reply #590 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 23:17:15 »
Will hopefully be getting my hands on a HHKB in a month or two. I've wanted one for so long. It will be so hard to decide on which color, though.

Less talk more buy. Black was out of stock when I bought my hhkb a few weeks ago. I kinda regret not waiting and getting mine in black.

Offline dreamingftw

« Reply #591 on: Sat, 31 August 2013, 00:02:54 »
I would be down for a custom RF case!

Offline peter79

« Reply #592 on: Sat, 31 August 2013, 10:11:21 »
The problem of Realforce keyboard is the case. It's not better build than Filco.
The quality of the plastic is not as good. So the custom aluminium case is a must, is there any available right now?

Offline Emospence

« Reply #593 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 03:58:21 »
I can get the 104UB-DK for S$399 (US$~316.69), is this an okay deal?

I'll be using it for typing/MMOs. Should I be looking at a 55g instead for the tactility? I'm afraid it might be a bit heavy since after using browns at home, the blues at work feel a tiny bit heavy.
Keyboards: Topre Realforce 87UW 55g x 2
Mice: Zowie EC1 eVo CL x 2
Mousepads: Artisan Hien VE x 2, Razer Mantis Speed

Offline Cafeine

• GeekZone
« Reply #594 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 20:11:11 »
I can get the 104UB-DK for S$399 (US$~316.69), is this an okay deal?

I'll be using it for typing/MMOs. Should I be looking at a 55g instead for the tactility? I'm afraid it might be a bit heavy since after using browns at home, the blues at work feel a tiny bit heavy.

In that case, yeah, go for the 45g I guess. I'm typing this on a MX Clear board so I have to say that 45g is TOO SOFT for me. I'll have to change my RF soon. ;)
Own : HHKB Type-S | Leopold FC660C (x2 - 1st Gen & 2014 silenced) | RealForce 87U TKL (55g uniform) | RF 23U | Minila Air MX Blue
Sold : RealForce 88UB 45g | Leopold FC660M (MX Clear) | Filco MJ2 TKL (MX Brown) |  KeyCool 84 (MX Black) | CodeKeyboard TKL (MX Clear)

Offline unicomp_uc

• Interboardal Love
« Reply #595 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 21:20:38 »
I love Topre.

That is all.
Realforce 87U Silent (work) | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco Minila browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Emospence

« Reply #596 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 07:01:37 »
I recently went back to rubber dome after spending some months using brown/blue switches exclusively, and the experience is worse than I expected.

I was pretty much ready to get a Topre and was just waiting for local distro to stock up, and I'm now worried I may have a similar experience (with Topre).

So Topre lovers, convince me to just go ahead and buy one :/
Keyboards: Topre Realforce 87UW 55g x 2
Mice: Zowie EC1 eVo CL x 2
Mousepads: Artisan Hien VE x 2, Razer Mantis Speed

Offline Polymer

« Reply #597 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 09:32:25 »
You may end up not liking Topre..there are no guarantees..

But I'm sure you've already read..it'll feel similar to normal rubber domes but better responsiveness, stability, solidness...It will be similar but different...just get one and try it for a month..if you still don't like it, sell it..

Offline mljs54

• Team Topre
« Reply #598 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 11:24:50 »
I love the 55g RF I just got and now looking to try a 45g.

Is there anyone who prefers the 45g better for gaming and the 55g for typing?

edit: grammar fail
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 October 2013, 14:48:07 by mljs54 »
ReΛlforce 87UB EK

Offline SNF

« Reply #599 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 13:02:55 »

For me it does, the HHKB feels softer when bottoming out and the thock sound.

I love Topre.

That is all.

Amen.

The HHKB just sounds better than other topre keyboards. I love it but i do sometimes miss the dedicated arrow keys. Still, it's my favorite topre keyboard and my favorite keyboard in general.

x2

I'm lusting for a HHKB Pro 2....maybe a nice Christmas present to myself?

Worth it.

I love the 55g RF I just got and now looking to try a 45g.

Is there anyway to actually prefers the 45g better for gaming and the 55g for typing?

Yeah 55g definitely feels better typing for me but the lower weight force I prefer for gaming  :thumb: