Author Topic: GMK/Cherry doubleshot modifer packs (Complete)  (Read 289217 times)

Offline calavera

Re: GMK/Cherry doubleshot modifer packs (SORTING)
« Reply #1100 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 22:04:58 »
Aside from the left shift key, nobody is bothered by the ANSI enter key having a retarded arrow?
I mean look at the original proposal:

But everything else looks bomb. I kinda regret not getting a CMYK set. Honestly I don't even remember what I ordered.
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 May 2013, 22:19:35 by calavera »

Offline luckyryan333

• #There'sNoToolForTyping
« Reply #1101 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 22:54:12 »
Enter key

ANSI

ISO

Shift key

1.25x left

1.75x right

2.75x right

Control key

1.0x left & right

Window & Menu key

Alignment

Ratio of legend
No PaiN, No GaiN
More
How to order from Taobao from outside of China and WITHOUT an Agent
daily driver: C70 w/ Oblivion
on the way: d65_12/gmkblk_3

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #1102 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 23:36:29 »
wow, but that pretty much leaves only Esc pack being good since if u look at the CMYK sets they have problem with the shift keys....

So 70% of the orders is bad?.... Honestly this sort of mistakes does not bother me that much, but then that's just me, might be bunch of peeps that find this mistake an eye sore.
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline luckyryan333

« Reply #1103 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 23:49:13 »
Shift key

1.25x left

1.75x right

2.25x left

2.75x right

Ctrl key

1.0x left & right
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 May 2013, 23:53:43 by luckyryan333 »
No PaiN, No GaiN
More

Offline aesthetics1

« Reply #1104 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 01:09:57 »
Wow. I'm really disappointed. All of the errors (centering), plust he legends just plain don't look crisp. Might be parting with my set if it looks that bad in person.
Home: Filco Majestouch TKL MX Red | Work: Ducky Shining (Blue LED) MX Black | Collection: CM Quickfire Rapid MX Red

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1105 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 01:15:40 »
I don't mind the errors with the CMYK kit. I actually like the alignment of the shift keys, it's just the CTRL key that bugs me a little, but it's not one I'd be using anyways.  The different placement on the Shift keys with the purple set is a little disappointing and the enter key does look janky, but the set still doesn't look bad, just not as good as it should have.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1106 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 01:16:34 »
I agree, it kinda sucks that the legends are off, but I am ok with it as long as it is consistent. As long as this is fixed and all legends are positioned in the same way this set looks great.

I trust Lysol to handle this situation - he knows what he is doing :)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1107 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 01:40:24 »
It's a shame the legends seem to be off, but I personally don't mind. They mostly all seem to be off in a similar way, and if they are all like that... That would be a huge deal for them to sort out and mean another month or so waiting for them to be remade and then shipped out to Ivan.

So what ever happens I'm cool with having my order shipped out with the not so right legends :P

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #1108 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 02:07:39 »
Agrrr, that's why GMK was so fast making them. They did it wrong. I'm cool of waiting in case we could have it fixed.

Anyway, the Esc is so beautiful in Green! It looks fresh!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1109 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 03:06:35 »
So if these get remade what happens to all the ones that are already made?

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1110 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 03:24:28 »
So if these get remade what happens to all the ones that are already made?

probably free gifts for everyone who ordered such a set.

maybe this will be a rare collector's item in the future :D

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #1111 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 03:26:37 »
So which is wrong - is the left shift supposed to be top justified or are the rest (right shift, caps lock etc) supposed to be centered?  Also, is the return key wrong?
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1112 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 03:32:21 »
So which is wrong - is the left shift supposed to be top justified or are the rest (right shift, caps lock etc) supposed to be centered?  Also, is the return key wrong?
Looking at the CKMY, I would think it was the right shift on the purple mods.
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Halvar

« Reply #1113 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 04:32:00 »
Please stop panicking, there are very few errors.

What we wanted and bought were sets that have the original Cherry legends and go with vintage cherry sets. The mockups are just mockups, not technical specifications.  luckyryan333's comparison posts with the mockups don't make any sense.

The only mistakes I've seen on the new photos in the OP are the one that jd pointed out about the purple left ANSI shift (the arrow is too low), and the 1x1 Ctrl legends being centered instead of left aligned (compare to http://deskthority.net/w/images/e/eb/Cherry_11900.jpg).

All the rest is fine.

The ANSI Return -- well, that's their layout if you dont want the word "Enter" printed on it, which we didn't. I don't see anything "retarded" there at all.

You could argue about the centered legends on Windows and Menu keys, but I think they look much better than the old ones (see the link above). Windows keys are generally centered since 2007, and going from there it just makes sense to center the legend on the menu key, too.

« Last Edit: Sat, 01 June 2013, 05:05:35 by Halvar »

Offline inwoo

« Reply #1114 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 04:47:50 »
I'm really disappointed. It is different from orginal proposal.

Offline Jmneuv

« Reply #1115 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 04:53:27 »
Typical you guys make an anti-ISO campaign out of it.
In fact it's caption variant vs non caption variant.
Ivan chose the non-caption one which means symbols are top justified (which - beware - is the same variant originally used for ISO layouts).
If the enter arrows were short you'd be missing the caption in the empty space .. there's sense to the way it is.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1116 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 07:12:31 »
I'm really disappointed. It is different from orginal proposal.
Welcome to GeekHack!

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1117 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 07:46:10 »
Yes I already contact to GMK about the non uniform legends. I do not know yet what happens to the mistake keys, if they will require to send back or what as I don't know what their policies are for rerun yet. I will keep posted on this situation.
As I said before I am mostly concerned with the white/purple 2.25 shift. The Ctrl is passable in my opinion but I can pursue those getting reran also if most people wish it. The rest of the legends are what was expected.
In the future I will make sure to get full proofs before going to production to make certain we don't have any more of these kind of surprises/problems.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1118 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 07:52:17 »
I know this has to be frustrating Ivan, given all the work you've put into this project. I just wanted to say that I'm so glad you are leading this group buy.

Thank you.

Offline luckyryan333

« Reply #1119 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 08:04:20 »
Please stop panicking, there are very few errors.

What we wanted and bought were sets that have the original Cherry legends and go with vintage cherry sets. The mockups are just mockups, not technical specifications.  luckyryan333's comparison posts with the mockups don't make any sense.

The only mistakes I've seen on the new photos in the OP are the one that jd pointed out about the purple left ANSI shift (the arrow is too low), and the 1x1 Ctrl legends being centered instead of left aligned (compare to http://deskthority.net/w/images/e/eb/Cherry_11900.jpg).

All the rest is fine.

The ANSI Return -- well, that's their layout if you dont want the word "Enter" printed on it, which we didn't. I don't see anything "retarded" there at all.

You could argue about the centered legends on Windows and Menu keys, but I think they look much better than the old ones (see the link above). Windows keys are generally centered since 2007, and going from there it just makes sense to center the legend on the menu key, too.

I also hope that no one would be panicked by my last posts.
The reason why I posted them is that I want to know why the actual legend has been different from the designed one in the mockups.

The mockups are just mockups? I DON'T think so.
We have to remember what we saw when we decided to buy GMK WoP, CMYK and ESC sets.
Yes, that's right. They're mockups.
I really hope that you would know lots of GH'ers including me decided to buy them finally because of the designed legend in the mockups originally, but you would not.

I am a member of another massive keyboard community.
I informed members of that communty that it was possible to join the additional order of this GB and I encouraged to join it.
As far as I know, quite a few members joined this GB owing to my notification.

Now they get considerably disappointed with the actual legend.
FYI, they already have experienced that white two-tone and RGB modifier set of GMK bought via another GB of that community made them quite too upset and frustrated. So they are disappointed much more.

Me? If the legend of 2.25x left shift would be corrected as you already referred in your post, I could be satisfied with it.

I trust Lysol to handle this situation carefully and wisely.
No PaiN, No GaiN
More

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #1120 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 08:10:37 »
Yes I already contact to GMK about the non uniform legends. I do not know yet what happens to the mistake keys, if they will require to send back or what as I don't know what their policies are for rerun yet. I will keep posted on this situation.
As I said before I am mostly concerned with the white/purple 2.25 shift. The Ctrl is passable in my opinion but I can pursue those getting reran also if most people wish it. The rest of the legends are what was expected.
In the future I will make sure to get full proofs before going to production to make certain we don't have any more of these kind of surprises/problems.

I don't think that the Ctrl is a problem as it matches the other modifiers (being centred rather than raised) even if it is centered and the Alt is left justified - the difference would hardly be noticable.  The left shift definitely needs sorting though.  Is the ANSI enter what you expected?
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline gojira54

« Reply #1121 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 08:17:50 »
I'm happy that the keys are nice and purple ;)
I'm personally not that fussed about legends - thanks again for all the effort that's gone into making this happen, was pretty close that nothing came from this GB at all...

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1122 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 09:06:32 »
I know this has to be frustrating Ivan, given all the work you've put into this project. I just wanted to say that I'm so glad you are leading this group buy.

Thank you.

x2

Offline HongKongFui

• No, you couldn't
« Reply #1123 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 09:26:30 »
For me it's fine how it is...

Offline ItsBc

• BARACOOT
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1124 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 21:48:25 »
Show Image

What happened to your gif?  I have that one saved and it doesn't have that funky band in the middle.

I don't nose what you mean?

Also I'm fine w/ the results of the keys :)

Offline Luke

• My Technology Blog
« Reply #1125 on: Sun, 02 June 2013, 09:32:50 »
Wow they look amazing, can't wait to get my hands on them! :D

Offline Rabbit

« Reply #1126 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 07:23:52 »

I know this is kind of trouble,but I do believe all of us hope 2 get perfect ones,at least all my closer friends .

It's hard for all of us to wait another group buy.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1127 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 09:13:26 »
I am working with GMK to come to some resolution and get corrected keys. There will be a delay due to this problems until this issue is worked out. Everything else is sorted and will be ready to go as soon as is resolved. I will keep you all updated.

Offline Dianoda

« Reply #1128 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 09:15:49 »
I am working with GMK to come to some resolution and get corrected keys. There will be a delay due to this problems until this issue is worked out. Everything else is sorted and will be ready to go as soon as is resolved. I will keep you all updated.

Thanks for all your work and for keeping us in the loop!

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #1129 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 11:40:34 »
Thanks, Ivan.

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1130 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 17:24:52 »

Maybe update the thread title to "resolving production error" or similar?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline metafour

« Reply #1131 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 18:55:15 »
So disappointed I didn't order any sets. Anyone who is willing to part with a purple and/or cmyk set please let me know!

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #1132 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 19:04:07 »
So disappointed I didn't order any sets. Anyone who is willing to part with a purple and/or cmyk set please let me know!

I believe Lysol ordered some spare sets just in case, wait for everything to be delivered and then ask him whats available.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1133 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 20:38:12 »
Yes there will be some limited number of stuff available. I will post it soon.

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #1134 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 20:45:19 »
so what's being fixed? just purple shift? if nothing from CMYK is getting fixed, any chance you can ship them out in the meantime?

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #1135 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 20:52:18 »
Honestly I wouldn't mind receiving all 3 sets I ordered, and if then they decide to send replacement than I can pay for t he extra shipping.

Honestly I like the sets, they look very nice, arrow symbols might be off from the original mockup but at least they are consistent trough out all the keycaps.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1136 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 21:01:52 »
Waiting to find out how GMK handles replacements. Once I know I will give details on what will be happening and when.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1137 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 21:12:54 »
so what's being fixed? just purple shift? if nothing from CMYK is getting fixed, any chance you can ship them out in the meantime?

And then be hit with extra shipping once the corrected keys arrive?

No thanks, I'll wait :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #1138 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 21:16:19 »
I worded that poorly. I only ordered CMYK and the ESC pack. If none of the sets I ordered is getting fixed, I'd rather not wait for replacements that aren't applicable to me. That said, I understand if Ivan wants to wait for simplicity sake. I don't want to be a whiny twat, just wondering.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1139 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 21:34:35 »
Ah, fair enough.  And good point :)

I think I've ordered the modifiers and the Esc pack - so I'm happy to wait for everything to be right (bonus incorrect keys or not) and have one delivery, especially to save overseas shipping costs.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1140 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 22:05:22 »
I'm very disappointed in GMK.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1141 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 22:15:22 »
Well, they made a mistake with the legend, but they are of the highest quality mistakes! Sure the mistake sucks because it makes a delay, but I am otherwise just as happy with the keycaps as old Cherry stuff I had already.

I guess not many people seem to be too fussed about the 1x Ctrl keys, so I probably will start shipping the orders that don't have purple.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #1142 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 22:17:35 »
Well, they made a mistake with the legend, but they are of the highest quality mistakes! Sure the mistake sucks because it makes a delay, but I am otherwise just as happy with the keycaps as old Cherry stuff I had already.

lol I totally agree

I guess not many people seem to be too fussed about the 1x Ctrl keys, so I probably will start shipping the orders that don't have purple.

Fantastic!!!  :)

I wish there was a set of blanks too because those would look even sexier on my Cyan QFR.

Me too :(
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 June 2013, 22:20:05 by Jocelyn »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1143 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 22:18:34 »

Sh*t happens.  It's how they handle it that determines my feelings toward them.  If they make it right and eat the loss, they're alright in my book.  If they deny the problem and try to make Ivan pay for their mistake, then grab your pitchforks.  To tell the truth, the Shift and Ctrl are the biggest mistakes and only the Shift really bugs me horribly.

Well, they made a mistake with the legend, but they are of the highest quality mistakes! Sure the mistake sucks because it makes a delay, but I am just as happy with the keycaps as old Cherry stuff I had already.

Well I guess not many people seem to be too fussed about the 1x Ctrl keys, so I probably will start shipping the orders that don't have purple.

They do look great in spite of the mistake.

Sweet.  I'm looking forward to CMYK goodness and the Esc pack.  I wish there was a set of blanks too because those would look even sexier on my Cyan QFR.

Offline Irisviel

« Reply #1144 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 22:21:31 »
For GMK expressed dissatisfaction with such irresponsible behavior.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1145 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 01:46:19 »

You'll get over it

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1146 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 01:51:37 »

Why? Just because they made a mistake?

As long as they fix this and there are no extra costs for us, I am totally ok with it.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1147 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 01:55:49 »

You'll get over it
lol. I'll admit I'm bummed it'll take longer, but this means it will get here about the time dolch should be ready. Dolch + CMY on a clear acrylic MX Mini... Oh lawd yes!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1148 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 02:16:14 »
Remember how cheap this GB was?
Remember how we didn't meet the MOQ yet they still allowed it to go ahead?
Remember how this was delayed because of how crazy busy they are with bigger (more important clients)?

I remember, while it's a little annoying (to some) simple small mistakes can be made and it's important to try and keep things in perspective. GMK don't need our custom and are plenty busy enough without us.

Offline HongKongFui

• No, you couldn't
« Reply #1149 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 04:13:03 »
is it possible to get the information which other customers buy double shot cherry- profile caps from them? I mean they don't do it for fun and as they bought the machines and molds they seem to sell huge amounts of nice keycaps to other companies.

so there must be lots of keyboards with cherry profile 2shots made by GMK. I'd love to know where to search for them...