Author Topic: What keyboard or keyboard related item would you never sell or trade, and why?  (Read 9689 times)

Offline zoolzoo

Let us know what you have that is special to you for any reason, pics welcome.

For me, I would have to say I would never sell my IMSTO/KBC thick pbt sets. To me these are just "staple" sets that I will judge all others by. While they arent "rare"... I think everyone should have this set in their hobby box, and I dont really see any reason to ever get rid of one of them.

Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
I'd sell anything... for the right price. That price might just be set at personal value though. $500 for CC arrow/skull/wasd set you say?

Offline zoolzoo

I'd sell anything... for the right price.

Well...yah. I meant barring any crazy offers I suppose.  ;)
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
My Julysicle. Firstly, I overpaid for it, so I don't expect to get that much back. But I just love it too much. There are other things as well, like my Oktoberfest. And a Candy Corn, if I can ever get my hands on one.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
For me it would have to be my Cherry ESA-3000HASRO. That one is going nowhere, it took me too many years of searching for Cherry G80 Russian board to give it up. Also my Goupil G80-1861HAU will stay with me for sure, as it is just too nice.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 March 2013, 12:26:26 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
I'm really attached to my Filco MJ2 but it's just because I considering my first mech board. And I won't ever sell/trade my first keycap: TeamLiquid cap from their store.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
I agree with you, OP. IMSTO thick PBT sets are just too good to sell and are a staple for your go-to keyboard.
If I had a Mimic cable, that would be something I wouldn't sell since using a standard cable would be too much of a downgrade (aesthetically).

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
My Julysicle. Firstly, I overpaid for it, so I don't expect to get that much back. But I just love it too much. There are other things as well, like my Oktoberfest. And a Candy Corn, if I can ever get my hands on one.

how much did you pay for the Julysicle

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=35786.0
Item #8 towards the bottom of the OP.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
At least it went to a good clause. Glissant is a good guy :)

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff

I'm in the same boat for the same reason, even though I ended up getting mine later.  Other than that, it'd be hard to say what I wouldn't get rid of as I cycle through things as justification to buy more.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
At least it went to a good clause. Glissant is a good guy :)
Of course. I have no regrets.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=35786.0
Item #8 towards the bottom of the OP.
ooooohhh nice i want a julysicle

Offline bavman

You're almost as crazy as jcourse.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
My old WYSE terminal board, and caps. Mostly because of sentimental value, as it doesn't really have any other value.

Offline sordna

I will never sell or trade this:

Unless I am offered some crazy amount for it ... it would have to be at least $2,000 though :-)

It's the first Kinesis Advantage LF ever made, and I added 8 extra keys to it.
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
Are those arcade buttons on the bottom? They look awesome and could find some practical use.

Offline sordna

Yep, using Seimitsu PS-15 as palm keys, see the mod thread... they make awesome shifts.
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
My HHKB, and my 55g RF AE. Bought it off boost, and from the moment I started typing on it, I knew it was special. As much as love the newer 55g I bought, it doesn't feel anywhere near as crisp or smooth as the AE one.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."

Show Image

Unless I am offered some crazy amount for it ... it would have to be at least $2,000 though :-)

This is glorious. I want to try it, but the price of entry remains a little too much for me.

Personally , I would sell anything for the right price. Sadly I do not own anything that is rare or can not be replaced. My other hobby is roadbikes (and cycling obviously) and I have some bikes I could never part with. I have yet to develop those kind of feelings for any keyboard.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
My Scarface caps, every time that I think about it my girlfriend tells me not to.

Offline zoolzoo

Show Image

These boards remind me of hanging out in the arcade, I like it. Do you use this as your main kb?

Offline zoolzoo

Personally , I would sell anything for the right price. Sadly I do not own anything that is rare or can not be replaced. My other hobby is roadbikes (and cycling obviously) and I have some bikes I could never part with. I have yet to develop those kind of feelings for any keyboard.

I too have a bike I would never sell. Its a 99 Specialized Allez that I have built up with all Ultegra/Dura Ace components all myself...pretty replaced every other part on the thing as well. So many miles and memories on this thing, including bringing it along on several vacations. Its a great bike, but for what I could get for it I might as well just ride it forever. I don't plan on getting another road bike unless the alum. frame cracks or something.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
My Scarface caps, every time that I think about it my girlfriend tells me not to.
So what you're saying is, all I have to do is break you guys up. *insert evil laughter*

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
So what you're saying is, all I have to do is break you guys up. *insert evil laughter*

Pretty much! Then you would have to give me lots and lots of money :D

Offline iri

it took me too many years of searching for Cherry G80 Russian board to give it up
aren't they available in ukraine? i have 6 versions of only g80-3000's here locally available.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
Wanna take some printscreens and perhaps proxy? I will send you my people's finest absolut vodka :-D

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
I could never find any for sale in ANSI Russian with doubleshot or dyesub before I got mine. Only shops with inventory long gone, only found used few times but outbid by Koreans always.

Offline calavera

My old school sawed off Filco.
I bought this before Filco even made TKL keyboards. Handed it off to a custom builder/modder.
Lubed, stickered, black with 55g springs, all wired under the PCB.

Put on some vortex black on black.

Has sentimental value.. plus I don't think it would sell since "ghetto" blacks is so common now.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Pictures of the mod? Or a close up of the cut area?

Offline calavera

Here's an old pic. You can't even tell unless you look for it carefully.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
You're right. That's a pretty nice, straight cut, and the mending is very well done.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
My purple CC skull. It's my favorite color, my first CC and was traded/given to me by my favorite GHer
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
I don't remember giving you a CC...

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏

Your not my favorite GHer!

I'm guessing this is your face right now?
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
OG KMAC with lubed/stickered 55g clears and a clear polycarbonate plate, obviously assembled with love in korea.  It's typing Nirvana.  Also Realforce 87U silenced variable 10th AE.  Just too perfect to let go.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?

Your not my favorite GHer!

I'm guessing this is your face right now?
Show Image

It was. Now it's like D: ),:

OG KMAC with lubed/stickered 55g clears and a clear polycarbonate plate, obviously assembled with love in korea.  It's typing Nirvana.  Also Realforce 87U silenced variable 10th AE.  Just too perfect to let go.

Pictures of that polycarb goodness, sir.

Offline iri

Wanna take some printscreens and perhaps proxy? I will send you my people's finest absolut vodka :-D
pfffffffffff, swedish vodka.

I could never find any for sale in ANSI Russian with doubleshot or dyesub before I got mine. Only shops with inventory long gone, only found used few times but outbid by Koreans always.
these are here:
http://microset.ru/product/22168/
http://microset.ru/product/16602/
http://microset.ru/product/18456/
also available in iso in a different shop.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
My 456gt's
356mini's
Lzse

Why, all rare!!!
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
^Like more than one of each of them? :(

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Yes sure it is easy to find current production with lasered keycap. See how fast you can find ones with dyesubs or doubleshots like 3000SAV, 3000HPMRB.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
I won't get rid of my choc mini unless (a) it breaks, or (b) someone makes a fully programmable keyboard with the same physical layout.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
I won't get rid of my choc mini unless (a) it breaks, or (b) someone makes a fully programmable keyboard with the same physical layout.

(b)

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
I also always said that I wouldn't sell my first CC (Topre blank Candycorn) but I have lost the love a lot recently.

Offline iri

Yes sure it is easy to find current production with lasered keycap. See how fast you can find ones with dyesubs or doubleshots like 3000SAV, 3000HPMRB.
okay-okay!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Hehe. And of course if you do find those, I could not blame you for turning around and selling them for $150-300 each. You could get lucky and find a large cache of them from some office block after an equipment upgrade or something. One never knows.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
My stock IBM AT F...in damn near NIB mint condition.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline iri

Hehe. And of course if you do find those, I could not blame you for turning around and selling them for $150-300 each. You could get lucky and find a large cache of them from some office block after an equipment upgrade or something. One never knows.

Market.yandex.ru still holds hpmrb's in cache
 It seems I missed my opportunity to be rich :(

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Trent

My unicorn vomit SSK, I rebuilt it from scratch, hours of my life.

FK-9000 I got from tipo33, crisp white alps that I'll never get rid of.
Quote from: Trent
I hate fun
IBM Model M | IBM Model M SSK | FK-2000 | FK-8000 | FK-9000 | Fujitsu Peerless | Zenith Data Systems (Yellow ALPS!) | AEK

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
My Full Metal Filco - too much money and waiting went into it...
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry