Author Topic: Just bought Wings of Liberty and Heart of Swarms.. now what!  (Read 2771 times)

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
Just bought Wings of Liberty and Heart of Swarms.. now what!
« on: Mon, 01 April 2013, 16:01:03 »
As the title says I just purchased both these games and am really excited to start playing!

I don't want this to get into a big nerd battle :p, but which type should I play first? Also, does anyone wanna play?

PM me if you would like to :D

Gupugp

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Re: Just bought Wings of Liberty and Heart of Swarms.. now what!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 01 April 2013, 16:01:31 »
CUSTOM GAMES lololol :D

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 01 April 2013, 16:06:53 »
Play the campaign. It's fun to play and you get a good understanding of the units and storyline.

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 01 April 2013, 16:19:16 »
CUSTOM GAMES lololol :D

Nice! We will have to play some sometime!

Play the campaign. It's fun to play and you get a good understanding of the units and storyline.

Yeah that is what I'm going to do first, I just did the tutorials. I'm already familiar with the layout as it is just like AoE II!

Gupgup

Offline blueasjim

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 01 April 2013, 16:45:23 »
As the title says I just purchased both these games and am really excited to start playing!

I don't want this to get into a big nerd battle :p, but which type should I play first? Also, does anyone wanna play?

Gupugp

Depends if you're playing for fun or competition. Do you like to 1v1 or have more players involved. Also, the campaigns are really good too. Especially the second one. I'm loving it.
Vortex KBT PURE [MX Red] | CM Storm [MX Blue] | CM Storm [MX Red]

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 01 April 2013, 17:40:58 »

Gupugp

Depends if you're playing for fun or competition. Do you like to 1v1 or have more players involved. Also, the campaigns are really good too. Especially the second one. I'm loving it.

For right now I just wanna for fun, but after I get better I'd like to do 2's ladders and 1 ladders. If you'd like to add me PM me!

Gupgup

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 01 April 2013, 17:52:41 »
Play 1s. Hit GM. Drop out of school. Make huge money winning MLGs, Dreamhacks, and GSLs. Why are you posting on GH?? You're wasting precious laddering time! :P

Offline rekanise

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 01 April 2013, 22:25:39 »
Play 1s. Hit GM. Drop out of school. Make huge money winning MLGs, Dreamhacks, and GSLs. Why are you posting on GH?? You're wasting precious laddering time! :P

LOL

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 01:16:56 »

+1

Offline Potologue

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 19:42:22 »
Campaign and tutorials.  Don't be afraid to start 1v1, you'll probably get beaten pretty bad at first , but that's part of the game.

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
Just bought Wings of Liberty and Heart of Swarms.. now what!
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 20:09:49 »
Campaign and tutorials.  Don't be afraid to start 1v1, you'll probably get beaten pretty bad at first , but that's part of the game.

Yeah that's what I'm doing!

I've got a couple questions, what does leveling up get you? And is there some sort of record for my matchmaking multiplayer games?

Gupgup

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 20:11:22 »
If you snag Sc2gears, it'll give you stats including wins and losses. I don't think you get anything besides portraits and skins for leveling up.

Offline keeganzero

• huhu
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 20:12:28 »
Playing the campaign gets you acquainted with units and builds in low stress situations, so I'd suggest starting there.

It's also a great story line too.
Boards: F1-88, R1 KFE, IDB60, Cypher, HHKB Pro 2 Type-S, RF 87UW55, G80-1800, CM QFR

Offline rekanise

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 00:03:12 »

Yeah that's what I'm doing!

I've got a couple questions, what does leveling up get you? And is there some sort of record for my matchmaking multiplayer games?

Gupgup

okay leveling gives you potraits and some novelties like skins for your units or emblems. you also unlock things like /dance for some units. its nothing much really.
I think they removed win loss ratios for anything below masters, but there's a win loss ratio + point system for masters and grandmaster.

Offline rekanise

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 00:03:59 »
something new with HOTS you can see your stats on maps and against particular races as well. so it does part of the job of sc2gears now