Author Topic: Twerk team presents: Big Filco giveaway! [CLOSED]  (Read 85741 times)

Offline lyrill

Re: Twerk team presents: Big Filco giveaway!
« Reply #400 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:34:23 »
Ahh it's lyrill, he had been raging ever since his arrival in Geekhack, and I happened to witness one of his first: he's posting how he hates green switches, someone then offered a trade with him. Feeling a strong urge to protect his own dignity as a buyer and his respect to the product, he gave the following speech:

first off, it's rare and there is a reason i don't sell any of my stuff. i buy them for a reason and even if i don't like them as much as I wanted to, I am sure as an individual that respect the product being made I am not ignorant and arrogant enough like many other uneducated folks out there and simply go as far as to express their personal approval or disapproval to certain keyboards or claim they will never use this or they will never like that. now it sounds like you assume I did that, but I didn't.

I have not used it much, but through posting about it I feel the obligation to use it more. Yes it is kind of hyped, but it is an alternative that is rarely available when you want it. When we talk about different switches we go online and see what people have to say about it, or we try ourselves. How many people actually have their original uncontaminated opinions about key switches? Even if they have actually owned it to whatever degree, it doesn't mean they really have individual experience off of it. They may or may not approach certain keyboards with pre-assumptions, and therefore their user experiences may change.

In my case, I was pretty stoked about green switches, but as a calm person I did not smash it or post a sale right after my medicore/terrible first impression.

How much are you willing to pay for it though? I understand as a buyer nobody wants to pay for open box item at full price. But as someone who is not interested in selling, that's what I would want if someone wants it badly. See, the item is worth more for me than for others? Then I don't want to sell it. I already paid what was worth for me, and there is no reason to lose the difference and go through all the process of buying and selling, without gaining anything but I don't like Greens. That's just sad, some people may say it's better than keeping it without using it, but I am not broke yet and it's obvious that people who own multiple mech keyboards shouldn't need to sell keyboards unless they really want something else and can't get the cash around to do so.

TLDR: i don't sell stuff i bought. if you want it, consider yourself lucky I don't ask a higher price than MSRP.

Well now and then there would be these kind of people, world is big so -------------------------------- Don't really care about them much :S

world is also big enough that when I argued with some cherry white fanatic on another forum, the moderators and the old members there posted and appreciated my love for cherry reds and kindly explained to me that cherry whites were considered the best for veteran typists, without them I would not have opened my deck legend to try again,

if the world is small enough to be filled with people only like you and the likes of you, I would not have a chance to be a more objective person, or at least with facilitation--but oh wait, you don't care.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #401 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:34:59 »
Favorite so far :)
(Attachment Link)

There was.  This post was made when the minimum post count was still 150.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #402 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:35:45 »
threadjack complete.

Offline linziyi

• The one with many questions
« Reply #403 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:36:23 »
Ahh it's lyrill, he had been raging ever since his arrival in Geekhack, and I happened to witness one of his first: he's posting how he hates green switches, someone then offered a trade with him. Feeling a strong urge to protect his own dignity as a buyer and his respect to the product, he gave the following speech:

first off, it's rare and there is a reason i don't sell any of my stuff. i buy them for a reason and even if i don't like them as much as I wanted to, I am sure as an individual that respect the product being made I am not ignorant and arrogant enough like many other uneducated folks out there and simply go as far as to express their personal approval or disapproval to certain keyboards or claim they will never use this or they will never like that. now it sounds like you assume I did that, but I didn't.

I have not used it much, but through posting about it I feel the obligation to use it more. Yes it is kind of hyped, but it is an alternative that is rarely available when you want it. When we talk about different switches we go online and see what people have to say about it, or we try ourselves. How many people actually have their original uncontaminated opinions about key switches? Even if they have actually owned it to whatever degree, it doesn't mean they really have individual experience off of it. They may or may not approach certain keyboards with pre-assumptions, and therefore their user experiences may change.

In my case, I was pretty stoked about green switches, but as a calm person I did not smash it or post a sale right after my medicore/terrible first impression.

How much are you willing to pay for it though? I understand as a buyer nobody wants to pay for open box item at full price. But as someone who is not interested in selling, that's what I would want if someone wants it badly. See, the item is worth more for me than for others? Then I don't want to sell it. I already paid what was worth for me, and there is no reason to lose the difference and go through all the process of buying and selling, without gaining anything but I don't like Greens. That's just sad, some people may say it's better than keeping it without using it, but I am not broke yet and it's obvious that people who own multiple mech keyboards shouldn't need to sell keyboards unless they really want something else and can't get the cash around to do so.

TLDR: i don't sell stuff i bought. if you want it, consider yourself lucky I don't ask a higher price than MSRP.

Well now and then there would be these kind of people, world is big so -------------------------------- Don't really care about them much :S

world is also big enough that when I argued with some cherry white fanatic on another forum, the moderators and the old members there posted and appreciated my love for cherry reds and kindly explained to me that cherry whites were considered the best for veteran typists, without them I would not have opened my deck legend to try again,

if the world is small enough to be filled with people only like you and the likes of you, I would not have a chance to be a more objective person, or at least with facilitation--but oh wait, you don't care.

Well no one is not appreciating your love for reds, but your TONE in the post is highly aggressive.
Ducky DK9008G2 Pro

"Much to learn you still have" --Yoda

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #404 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:37:17 »
i clearly cant talk but maybe if we all just ignore this guy, he will eventually go away
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #405 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:37:54 »

threadjack complete.

Per jdcarpe!

i clearly cant talk but maybe if we all just ignore this guy, he will eventually go away

somehow I doubt it, I mean who goes into a 'giveaway' thread complaining and then thread crapping even after being warned by an admin  :o

Offline lyrill

« Reply #406 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:38:33 »
sorry for all the drama guys, no more from me, i couldnt help myself, in my defense im always nice to everybody

i shall leave my contribution with this

Show Image

honestly I am sorry too that I am almost like you if not more a person that does not like to say sorry first for malicious comments but whenever I think about my actions, I cannot help but remember that the greatest evils come from people that held banners of justice

Offline lyrill

« Reply #407 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:40:30 »

Well no one is not appreciating your love for reds, but your TONE in the post is highly aggressive.

I know, that's the problem you see, people can't trust each other anymore, they have to live in fake bubbles they wrap themselves in because they are not ok with candid discussion that mean exactly what is said and no harms done.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #408 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:41:42 »
sorry for all the drama guys, no more from me, i couldnt help myself, in my defense im always nice to everybody

Show Image

honestly I am sorry too that I am almost like you if not more a person that does not like to say sorry first for malicious comments but whenever I think about my actions, I cannot help but remember that the greatest evils come from people that held banners of justice

can we just get back to keyboards and me winning the keypad!

your proper response should have been , "Wow 100 posts, that is a lot, but I know if I look around and try to be part of the community I can get their in no time!"

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #409 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:44:06 »

Show Image

is this kid serious

can we get a petition going to get this guy permabanned, i dont wanna do or say something that is going to get me removed

im gonna go take some quiet time now

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #410 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:46:20 »
That's enough drama, threadcrapping, trolling in this thread. If you have an issue with another member please try and work it out in a PM.

Thanks
Bost
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline linziyi

• The one with many questions
« Reply #411 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:50:01 »
Still hopes I win something  :blank:
Ducky DK9008G2 Pro

"Much to learn you still have" --Yoda

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #412 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:50:37 »
That's enough drama, threadcrapping, trolling in this thread. If you have an issue with another member please try and work it out in a PM.

Thanks
Bost

bost! ;)

/back on topic

now when is this giveaway happening already!

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #413 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:56:55 »

Show Image

Glissant.. do the right thing..

https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #414 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:58:14 »
So much excitement and drama on this thread while I was sleeping! Will look forward to tonight no matter who wins :)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #415 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:59:25 »
That is so bost!

Also, Photekq has the most badass set of keycaps, and he doesn't even own a mechanical keyboard currently.

This thread is UK heavy. Some of the best entries are from UK members.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 June 2013, 15:06:26 by jdcarpe »
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #416 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 15:11:25 »

Show Image

Show Image

this hehe

and UK represent up in here

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #417 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 15:14:01 »
Also, Photekq has the most badass set of keycaps, and he doesn't even own a mechanical keyboard currently.

It's depressing. I layed them out on my desk and started pressing them. I miss my mech.

Representing the UK massive ;D
github

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #418 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 15:17:53 »
We definitely have so awesome UK bro's up in here, that's for sure <3

I can't wait to see when Photekq finishes his GH60 ~ I'll be expecting those beautiful picssss!

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #419 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 15:21:09 »
I heard a heavy rumbling in the distance. I thought it might have been an earthquake. But it was just this thread.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #420 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 15:22:09 »

It's depressing. I layed them out on my desk and started pressing them. I miss my mech.

are you wihtout a mech due to money or your waiting to build the perfect board

i can give you a mech if you are in need man

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #421 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 15:25:16 »
I heard a heavy rumbling in the distance. I thought it might have been an earthquake. But it was just this thread.

moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooose

Steppin' it up as always <3

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #422 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 15:25:28 »

Jesus bunny you're too kind! I wouldn't accept your offer even if I were short of money, but in fact I'm without a mech because I'm waiting to build the perfect board. I've got everything here waiting except for the phantom pcb and tek-80.

I very much appreciate your offer though. It just shows how much love there is in this community <3
github

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #423 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 15:28:31 »

Jesus bunny you're too kind! I wouldn't accept your offer even if I were short of money, but in fact I'm without a mech because I'm waiting to build the perfect board. I've got everything here waiting except for the phantom pcb and tek-80.

I very much appreciate your offer though. It just shows how much love there is in this community <3

no problem, i thought that was the case but was just checking

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #424 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 15:32:15 »
Whats this about UK heavy? I have never been on this thread; as far as I can remember :o
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #425 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 15:46:49 »

Show Image

Show Image

this hehe

and UK represent up in here

so when I get around to going on an international vacation I know where to go right!

it was bunny about to thump somebody!

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #426 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 16:43:24 »
No worries guys... Fildo brought the Natty Ice and twister.

25275-0
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 June 2013, 16:50:30 by Binge »
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #427 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 16:44:20 »

(Attachment Link)

god i wish i was you sometimes

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #428 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 16:44:22 »

(Attachment Link)

Lol! That picture gets me every time.

god i wish i was you sometimes

You are jawesome as is <3

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #429 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 16:50:45 »
Guys guys... it just got better!

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #430 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 16:55:12 »
Guys guys... it just got better!

Hahahahaahahahaahhaaaaahaahaa. That Natty Viking.

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #431 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 16:57:25 »
Twerk party!  ACTIVATE!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #432 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 16:58:50 »
Get it on

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #433 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 17:04:29 »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #434 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 17:06:32 »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #435 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 17:08:58 »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #436 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 17:11:21 »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #437 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 17:11:59 »
Show Image

Dude I was talking to my mum while scrolling down this thread. Got to this and she just stared at me.

Great.
github

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
Re: Twerk team presents: Big Filco giveaway! [CLOSED]
« Reply #438 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 17:14:53 »
Show Image

Dude I was talking to my mum while scrolling down this thread. Got to this and she just stared at me.

Great.

Your mom's face when...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #439 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 17:15:50 »
Show Image

Great.

???

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #440 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 17:17:10 »
People think that my energetic and positive nature means I love the bellend on a regular basis.  It's cool bro.  People should be laughing!  It's a PARTAAAYYY

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #441 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 17:17:24 »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #442 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 17:20:57 »

I should've done a video of myself doing this. I would've won for sure :)) :)) :))

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #443 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 17:22:09 »
Show Image

I laughed so hard the first time I watched this video.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #444 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 17:22:27 »
Show Image

I should've done a video of myself doing this. I would've won for sure :)) :)) :))

that may still get you the win sir

hurry

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #445 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 17:23:53 »
Show Image

That just looks so painful...in several different ways.  Just watching how much the car bounces makes me wince.

I laughed so hard the first time I watched this video.

I still can't believe I posted it.  I have zero coordination for dancing and the like.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #446 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 17:29:11 »
Show Image

that may still get you the win sir

hurry

Eh he he ~ Temptations ~ Says "[CLOSED]" though :P My poor car doesn't deserve to be desecrated either LOLOL! I'll just hope my story and item will hit the right string but it really is hard to beat these twerkz :P

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #447 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 17:54:15 »
to summarize

Offline Glissant

« Reply #448 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 18:00:16 »
lol finally got stable internet to do some stuff.

I have drawn my two winners, and I'll relay the info to CPTBadAss so that he can pick the numpad winner :D .

The winners of the Filcos are as follows:
25279-0

I almost fell off my chair laughing when I saw the first name on the list after all the joking around we did :)).

BunnyLake wins the Filco Linear R. foxer wins the Filco MJ2 with blue switches.

Let me know if you want me to switch over the Liberation device or what, Bunny :).

Congrats to the winners, and thanks to everyone that made this giveaway so incredibly amazing! It was a good one to end on.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #449 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 18:01:41 »
THE KEYCAPS NEVER LIE.
github