Author Topic: Does GirlDC do Topre?  (Read 4314 times)

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
Does GirlDC do Topre?
« on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 13:55:50 »
A flat white Stormtrooper helmet for Topre is my great white buffalo

Does it exist? I must have it!

Offline Dgsbllx

Re: Does GirlDC do Topre?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 14:02:07 »
Afraid not  :(

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 16:23:04 »

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 17:34:39 »
It would need a Topre stem transplant but would be risky & expensive if unsuccessful. Epoxy or Devcon plastic metal to bond a Topre stem after grinding out the MX stem with a Dremel. 

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 17:44:04 »
A flat white Stormtrooper helmet for Topre is my great white buffalo

Does it exist? I must have it!

Well, I want one too.  Send girlDC a PM and ask him to make them.  Somebody on here got girlDC to make a gold iron man not too long ago.  Maybe he would make us some white storm troopers, if we ask.  I guess the only wrinkle is the Topre mount.  Maybe you might have to send him a Topre keytop and/or switch so he can make a prototype.  I dunno if he haz the technology.  lelz.  (He should though, b/c he lives in the keyboard capital of the world:  Seoul, S. Korea.)
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 23:14:01 »
I PM'ed him about it a few weeks ago, I've yet to hear a response :(

Hell, I was thinking of picking up a StormTrooper action figure and rigging something up myself (I have a few extra Topre caps lying around). But I iz scared :(

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 23:58:00 »
From what I've heard from Feng, topre stems cannot be metal. They need to be plastic to function.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 00:03:01 »
Possibly a plastic stem could be mated to a metal girldc keycap?

Kinda like the BMX caps?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 00:11:45 »

Kinda like the BMX caps?

Yeah, like some kind of plastic insert.  It should be able to work.  Although girlDC is a jeweler IRL, I think.  So I dunno how experienced he is with molded plastic.  Maybe Click Clack can conference with him? lulz

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 00:12:41 »

Kinda like the BMX caps?

I was thinking, maybe stemless girlDC cap. Then glue in a topre stem.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 01:33:22 »

Kinda like the BMX caps?

I was thinking, maybe stemless girlDC cap. Then glue in a topre stem.

Or interchangeable stems?  One MX, Topre and BS stem included with each girldc keycap?

That might be asking a bit much of him though.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sniping

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 30 May 2013, 22:12:39 »
I'm pretty sure that GirlDC told me that it would be very easy for her to make Topre keycaps but I think he said that he doesn't like Topre keyboards personally and he doesn't make keycaps to cater to the need of the community, but rather to his preferences. At least, that's what I think he said, he message was extremely hard to understand but I think I understood most of what he was trying to say.

Offline girldc

• Don't know about me? I am that girldc!
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 14:18:03 »
I'm pretty sure that GirlDC told me that it would be very easy for her to make Topre keycaps but I think he said that he doesn't like Topre keyboards personally and he doesn't make keycaps to cater to the need of the community, but rather to his preferences. At least, that's what I think he said, he message was extremely hard to understand but I think I understood most of what he was trying to say.

Haha ^^;; Sorry i'm not speaking English~

I'm not use Topre key so i'm not made.^^
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 June 2013, 14:32:23 by girldc »
wanna have it?
can make it!

girldc

www.girldc.com

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 14:47:33 »
I don't think topre caps can be made of metal anyways. Topre caps depend on the plastic stems bending to snap on. Cherry MX just uses friction to hold it in place, very little bending or expansion is required.

Offline girldc

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 20:15:34 »
I don't think topre caps can be made of metal anyways. Topre caps depend on the plastic stems bending to snap on. Cherry MX just uses friction to hold it in place, very little bending or expansion is required.

about 1year ago made Topre key sample Pic.
wanna have it?
can make it!

girldc

www.girldc.com

Offline jalaj

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 16:11:01 »
Girldc, can you have provide a picture of the key cap upside down, AKA the stem side facing up?

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 16:31:40 »

hey girlDC!

That is an awesome Topre geekhack keycap.  Is it for sale?  'cuz I will buy it.

Since you made that Topre keycap, is it possible for you to make a Topre Stormtrooper for dearid?  (and i guess one for me too?)

Offline girldc

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 02:49:46 »
Girldc, can you have provide a picture of the key cap upside down, AKA the stem side facing up?

it is only one. this is sample...

you want it?
wanna have it?
can make it!

girldc

www.girldc.com

Offline girldc

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 02:51:37 »

hey girlDC!

That is an awesome Topre geekhack keycap.  Is it for sale?  'cuz I will buy it.

Since you made that Topre keycap, is it possible for you to make a Topre Stormtrooper for dearid?  (and i guess one for me too?)

I'll think about.
wanna have it?
can make it!

girldc

www.girldc.com

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 09:43:04 »
I'll think about.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG pretty please :D :D :D

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 14:35:03 »
I'll think about.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG pretty please :D :D :D
Oh man...I hope this happens.  I'd love a metal storm trooper too!

Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)