Author Topic: Post Your Car(s) Thread  (Read 76115 times)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: Post Your Car(s) Thread
« Reply #350 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 20:36:29 »
ah okay so you're a troll.

**** me for falling for it.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Topre

« Reply #351 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 20:40:03 »
No, I'm totally serious. I saw them on a site where you must purchase in bulk going for $3 to $6 depending on how many you buy. At first I was like, who got that kind of money for that? Then I found eBay and saw the same exact sticks selling for over $30, so I said to myself "good money selling these sticks." Asked my parents to order some, and that was it.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #352 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 20:41:47 »
did they come with a bridge too?

Offline Topre

« Reply #353 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 20:43:24 »
They are suppose to come with a bridge as well? I only got ones that had knobs on them.

Edit: I would post some links, but I don't think it's appropriate for this forum. But a "Rabbit Vibrator" goes for $3.7~4.5 each from a certain retailer, and you can easily sell them for over $20 on eBay these days.

Edit again: Actually, I think I'll just add the links if anyone else wants to give the dildo market a shot. I stopped selling them because it was kind of awkward when friends came over and saw boxes of dildos. NOT SAFE FOR WORK: $3.70 to 4.50 each not including shipping. This person on eBay sells them for $27 shipped at about an average of one each day.

Edit again: I removed the links because I don't know if links to massagers are allowed on this forum. If anyone wants to take a look then go to Alibaba and eBay and just compare the prices.
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 July 2013, 03:26:14 by Topre »

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #354 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 21:20:48 »
I just hit 4k on my first car today...yaaa feels good

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #355 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 07:04:52 »
Wow I cam in here to read about cars and realized I could have been making some serious money. I'm in the wrong business......now to find a supplier and I'm sure with a few how to videos I'll be rolling in dough. ;)

Keep an eye out for the FS thread!

I just hit 4k on my first car today...yaaa feels good

Congrats dubs!!

We recently rolled 25k on our 'new' vehicle and have only had it for a little over a year  :o

Offline Topre

« Reply #356 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 14:32:36 »
Wow I cam in here to read about cars and realized I could have been making some serious money. I'm in the wrong business......now to find a supplier and I'm sure with a few how to videos I'll be rolling in dough. ;)

The money isn't at eBay or selling online. You can make much better money selling locally, save on shipping because you can deliver it. I actually got a few dollar stores to carry a few of the cheaper toys. Male toys also sell very well. Talk to local shops and sell it to them, or find people who are willing to sell it on eBay for you. Easier and quicker money that way, I went through about 20,000 toys (male and female included) a month doing by supplying it to retailers locally.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #357 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 14:35:17 »

The money isn't at eBay or selling online. You can make much better money selling locally, save on shipping because you can deliver it. I actually got a few dollar stores to carry a few of the cheaper toys. Male toys also sell very well. Talk to local shops and sell it to them, or find people who are willing to sell it on eBay for you. Easier and quicker money that way, I went through about 20,000 toys (male and female included) a month doing by supplying it to retailers locally.

Perhaps we should talk to you about getting lube for our switches.  :o

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
« Reply #358 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 15:03:53 »

either this is the truth or you're putting a lot of effort into this.  either way im entertained.  :cool:

as far as a SUV/crossover recommendation, i'd personally would go with a new forester or a Ford Edge.
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |

Offline Topre

« Reply #359 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 17:04:34 »

I never sold any type of lube before, I leave those to the lube companies.

either this is the truth or you're putting a lot of effort into this.  either way im entertained.  :cool:

Show Image

I am 100% serious about getting rich from dildos.

right.

then act like you've been here before and stop asking stupid **** like  "do they even make good SUVs under 30k"

and you've already mentioned you drive a GL450. no need to repeat it every single time you post.

that is what im talking about when i say smug.

Alright, I'll admit I was trying a bit hard to derail this thread and acted like an ******* by doing that. The Juke is fine for it's price, other than it's looks. I personally rather have the Hyundai because of that. But the decent SUV for under 30k new is a serious question. By SUV, of course I don't mean a crossover. The Jeep Wrangler starts at $22k, but with options it would hit close if not more than $30k. Most other SUV's are over 30k after options as well. Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot starts at $29k. Crossovers seems to be a bit cheaper, but with options most if not all will also hit close to $30k+.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #360 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 17:39:20 »
I wonder where you came from..

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #361 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 21:07:25 »
Hard to beat a Subaru Forester for a mid-size SUV.  Decent gas mileage, lots of room, reliable, cost is in your requested range, and if you ever do go offroad, it handles beautifully.  Turbo version adds power, but drops gas mileage pretty hard.

Offline Topre

« Reply #362 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 21:21:15 »
Isn't the Subaru Forester a crossover? I believe it's built on a car platform rather than a truck platform.

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #363 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 21:25:51 »
Isn't the Subaru Forester a crossover? I believe it's built on a car platform rather than a truck platform.

That's true, but stepping up to a truck-frame SUV adds quite a bit of weight.  And cost, less gas mileage, etc.  Depends on which factors you're considering as critical.  Off-road capability?  Get a Jeep.  Gas mileage?  VW Touareg diesel. (Also very nice on-road handling.)

You could go for a regular quad-cab or king-cab pickup, that would supply the truck frame, most of the room of a SUV. 

Offline Topre

« Reply #364 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 21:33:30 »

That's true, but stepping up to a truck-frame SUV adds quite a bit of weight.  And cost, less gas mileage, etc.  Depends on which factors you're considering as critical.  Off-road capability?  Get a Jeep.  Gas mileage?  VW Touareg diesel. (Also very nice on-road handling.)

You could go for a regular quad-cab or king-cab pickup, that would supply the truck frame, most of the room of a SUV.

I'm not looking for an SUV, I already have one. I was just wondering if there were any decent SUV's for under 30k. The only one I can think of is the Jeep Wrangler.

Diesels in general are much better for mileage though.

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #365 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 21:55:40 »

I'm not looking for an SUV, I already have one. I was just wondering if there were any decent SUV's for under 30k. The only one I can think of is the Jeep Wrangler.

As with most things, I think it depends on how you define "decent."   ;)

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/02/suvs/

For myself, I prioritized on-road handling, gas mileage, and cost as my top three factors.  Off-road capability was fourth, since I rarely get into the dirt, but in case I do hit some fire roads on the weekend, I wanted the SUV to handle medium obstacle and not puncture an oil pan.

I used to own a Wrangler, and although they are superb for off-roading, they are kind of primitive on paved roads.  Crappy gas mileage adds to the pain too.  But hey, it's got poser cred.

:))

Offline Topre

« Reply #366 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 22:23:10 »

As with most things, I think it depends on how you define "decent."   ;)

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/02/suvs/

For myself, I prioritized on-road handling, gas mileage, and cost as my top three factors.  Off-road capability was fourth, since I rarely get into the dirt, but in case I do hit some fire roads on the weekend, I wanted the SUV to handle medium obstacle and not puncture an oil pan.

I used to own a Wrangler, and although they are superb for off-roading, they are kind of primitive on paved roads.  Crappy gas mileage adds to the pain too.  But hey, it's got poser cred.

:))

Well decent as in a car that works at least somewhat reliably with reasonable safety features, and handles alright. I would prioritize on-road handling as well. Gas mileage isn't that big of a deal in my opinion, mileage range on one tank is more important. That's why I love my 26.4 gallon/100 liter tank. The only off-roading capabilities I really use is pretty much for the snow. It's great to be able to drive on a foot of snow or a bit more at times without any problem.

Offline Topre

« Reply #367 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 15:53:54 »

I found out one of my suppliers actually does carry lube. What kind of lube do you need, and how many gallons of it?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #368 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 15:54:34 »

I found out one of my suppliers actually does carry lube. What kind of lube do you need, and how many gallons of it?

krytox

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #369 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 16:01:19 »
My car. '99 Honda Civic Coupe.  Looked nice in this pic, but it looks like crap now...

tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Topre

« Reply #370 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 16:03:00 »

krytox

I think they only carry water based lubrication. I can ask around for Krytox, is there any specific type of Krytox I should be asking for?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #371 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 16:06:56 »

krytox

I think they only carry water based lubrication. I can ask around for Krytox, is there any specific type of Krytox I should be asking for?

Krytox GPL-105

Krytox  GPL-103

Krytox GPL-205 Grease

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #372 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 16:10:40 »

krytox

Krytox GPL-105

Krytox  GPL-103

Krytox GPL-205 Grease

just a little tip..

:)

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
    • http://kishy.ca/
« Reply #373 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 16:20:29 »
Show Image

Since I see this thread is still going, here's another:

Enthusiast of springs which buckle noisily: my keyboards
Want to learn about the Kishsaver?
kishy.ca

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #374 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 16:26:33 »
lol, right.

18 year old rich kid with what im guessing is daddy's money.. i guess i shouldn't be too surprised.

but at least tone it down and stop trying to belittle people's choices (whether you mean to or not) because you can afford a 60k+ dollar car.

Actually no, I made most of my money by myself. The last time I ever used or asked my parents for money was during 5th grade.

Reselling dildo's in the 6th grade. Why didn't I think of this?
Looking for CC's!

Offline Topre

« Reply #375 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 16:28:43 »

krytox

Krytox GPL-105

Krytox  GPL-103

Krytox GPL-205 Grease

just a little tip..

Show Image

:)

Are you saying that it will be impossible for me to find these lubes, or they are the wrong ones to be looking for?

lol, right.

18 year old rich kid with what im guessing is daddy's money.. i guess i shouldn't be too surprised.

but at least tone it down and stop trying to belittle people's choices (whether you mean to or not) because you can afford a 60k+ dollar car.

Actually no, I made most of my money by myself. The last time I ever used or asked my parents for money was during 5th grade.

I actually started selling dildos in the fifth grade.

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #376 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 16:32:46 »
lol, right.

I actually started selling dildos in the fifth grade.
[/quote]

Ahh! Even better!
Looking for CC's!

Offline Topre

« Reply #377 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 10:42:34 »
I have found a supplier for GPL 103, 105, and 205. I have requested a price quote for 103 and 205 for a 35 gallon barrel, and 2kg jar respectively.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #378 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 10:55:16 »
I have found a supplier for GPL 103, 105, and 205. I have requested a price quote for 103 and 205 for a 35 gallon barrel, and 2kg jar respectively.

Oh you can let mkawa know over here

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=46191.msg976371;boardseen#new

Offline Topre

« Reply #379 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 10:59:55 »

Oh I didn't know there was a forum other than off topic.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #380 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 11:06:23 »

Oh I didn't know there was a forum other than off topic.

I know the feeling.

Offline thadood

« Reply #381 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 11:14:12 »
Well, this happened back in October:

So I got this to replace it:

The wrecked car was a 2003 GTI that no doubt saved my life from a combined ~60mph near head-on collision, so as if I weren't a VW fanboy enough.. I got another one. The folks at the dealership were astonished that I walked away from the wreck with relatively minor injuries.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #382 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 13:43:36 »
Last wreck I was in was in a passenger front collision (I was passenger) where we where hit by someone running a light going ~60.  Needless to say, it hit hard enough to shift the entire front clip, but from firewall back was unphased (other than airbags, of course).  The engineering that went into the crash zones of that car is incredible and if they weren't "so expensive", I know my roommate and myself would both own one.

Offline thadood

« Reply #383 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 15:10:28 »
Last wreck I was in was in a passenger front collision (I was passenger) where we where hit by someone running a light going ~60.  Needless to say, it hit hard enough to shift the entire front clip, but from firewall back was unphased (other than airbags, of course).  The engineering that went into the crash zones of that car is incredible and if they weren't "so expensive", I know my roommate and myself would both own one.

Wow. I think the firewall was somewhat penetrated, as I do remember coming to a stop, doing a self-check to make sure I wasn't dead or broken, I felt the heat from the exhaust/engine. I had to fumble with the seat belt for a bit but got it undone. I was sort of panicked because the building heat inside the car led me to think things were about to get real hot =\

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #384 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 16:10:09 »

Wow. I think the firewall was somewhat penetrated, as I do remember coming to a stop, doing a self-check to make sure I wasn't dead or broken, I felt the heat from the exhaust/engine. I had to fumble with the seat belt for a bit but got it undone. I was sort of panicked because the building heat inside the car led me to think things were about to get real hot =\

Two things:  Airbags are stupid hot when they deploy and you may have had the heater core penetrated and then hot coolant was leaking into the car.  The engine is on mounts engineered to sheer and drop the engine under the car so it doesn't end up through the firewall into your lap.

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #385 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 17:59:56 »
Three of the 5 (5? wow wasted much money) cars I have owned prior to selling for various reasons and ending up with a 2003 SVT Focus which I don't have a pic of. I miss these guys, hope to own another Subaru someday as well. Also considering a Focus ST though...

2006 WRX Cobb stage 2, various suspension bits.

2005 STi, stock

2003 GTI VR6, stock

Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #386 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 21:39:11 »
My 3 month old ride (taken with Galaxy S4)...

More
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #387 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 21:54:04 »

More
Show Image

haha, we have the same color coupe. What trim did you get?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #388 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 22:00:08 »

More
Show Image

mmmm thai food

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #389 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 22:08:33 »
haha, we have the same color coupe. What trim did you get?

I got the EX trim...   was going for Si but got tired of driving a stick shift in L.A. traffic...  plus my previous car was a stick.  :)

mmmm thai food

You recognized the place!
:) Let me know when you wanna come over for some more of those Thai dishes.
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 July 2013, 22:11:28 by reaper »
Din Eli

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #390 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 22:10:20 »
i was actually going to text you last weekend to meet up with u there!

but i got side tracked with something else lol

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #391 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 22:10:58 »
Haha.. whenever you have the time.  :)
Din Eli

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #392 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 22:27:43 »

Not my picture, but same model and color.

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #393 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 00:07:29 »
Three of the 5 (5? wow wasted much money) cars I have owned prior to selling for various reasons and ending up with a 2003 SVT Focus which I don't have a pic of. I miss these guys, hope to own another Subaru someday as well. Also considering a Focus ST though...

Show Image

2005 STi, stock

Show Image

2003 GTI VR6, stock

Show Image

Subaru's are effing addicting. I really like my Saab's, but I'm always looking for another subaru. I looked forward to winter when I had mine.
Looking for CC's!

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #394 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 02:39:01 »

Show Image

2005 STi, stock

Show Image

2003 GTI VR6, stock

Show Image

Subaru's are effing addicting. I really like my Saab's, but I'm always looking for another subaru. I looked forward to winter when I had mine.

I'm buying a car for my birthday in a few months and it's down to subaru, fiesta st or forte5 turbo

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #395 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 03:22:48 »

Show Image

2005 STi, stock

Show Image

2003 GTI VR6, stock

Show Image

I'm buying a car for my birthday in a few months and it's down to subaru, fiesta st or forte5 turbo

You know my vote. I'm still not completely convinced Ford can make a good car, and Kia has yet to prove anything either. Imho.
Looking for CC's!

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #396 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 10:27:50 »

Show Image

2005 STi, stock

Show Image

2003 GTI VR6, stock

Show Image

You know my vote. I'm still not completely convinced Ford can make a good car, and Kia has yet to prove anything either. Imho.

I dont know, Im having great luck with my SVT Focus...140k and counting only reg maint. Its really fun to drive as well. The Fiesta ST and Focus ST are quite attractive if you ask me. Arent late model Fords rated extremely high for reliability?
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #397 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 14:42:20 »

Show Image

2005 STi, stock

Show Image

2003 GTI VR6, stock

Show Image

I dont know, Im having great luck with my SVT Focus...140k and counting only reg maint. Its really fun to drive as well. The Fiesta ST and Focus ST are quite attractive if you ask me. Arent late model Fords rated extremely high for reliability?

And they aren't really "new" as they're based off of euro models that have been around going on 5 years now.  Sure the focus ST doesn't have the hot volvo motor in it, but yeah, ford's been making dependable hot hatches for a while.

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #398 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 14:57:15 »

Show Image

2005 STi, stock

Show Image

2003 GTI VR6, stock

Show Image

And they aren't really "new" as they're based off of euro models that have been around going on 5 years now.  Sure the focus ST doesn't have the hot volvo motor in it, but yeah, ford's been making dependable hot hatches for a while.

When I think of European Fords....

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #399 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 15:24:29 »
I'd think about buying a Ford if they offered things like this here...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Focus_%28second_generation,_Europe%29#Focus_RS_500