Author Topic: bunny gives you your first click clack giveaway  (Read 15041 times)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
bunny gives you your first click clack giveaway
« on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 05:52:36 »
ok, so....... i have said before that i cant put into words the gratitude i feel towards this community and what certain members here have done for me, i simply cant find away to  pay back the generosity some people have shown towards, and in almost all cases they wouldn't want me to, what i would like to do is pay it forward, i always do my best to make this forum as nice and welcoming place to be for everyone i come in to contact with as it was for me and i will continue to do that

what i would like to do is give a clack away to someone who does not have, and has never had one

that is the only criteria to be able to enter

what i would like you to do

please make a singular post below, in your post , please include whatever you like, it can be as shot as "i want the clack" or it can be more detailed, explaining why you would like one, why you as of yet havent gotten one, it could just be a post about you, a post about this community or a post about an interaction or experience you have had with me or any observations you have made, anything really

i wont be picking a winner at random, i will choose a winner based on the entry post that i feel is either most deserving or would most appreciate their first clack

there is as of yet no closing date, i will end it when i feel there have been enough entries and anyone who wants to be a part of this has had a chance to enter

what clack can you win? well... i dont know, there are several options from my own collection, i will do my best to offer something the winner would want

people who already own a clack, please feel free to be an active part of this thread, please feel free to chat about the posts or comment on the thread, but please, only enter if you do not own a clack

if anyone else would like to anonymously or not donate an extra clack to be given away, please contact me via PM, i wouldnt expect anyone to do this but with  my experience in this community it wouldnt surprise me either

thank you all for your time and thank you so much to anyone who has helped me in my keyboard journey so far, this thread is dedicated to them, and they know who they are

« Last Edit: Fri, 07 June 2013, 05:55:45 by BunnyLake »
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Turbo Slaab

Re: click clack giveaway
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 05:55:19 »
What are you going to give away when you have given everything?

You sir are the man.
Looking for CC's!

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
Re: bunny gives you your first click clack giveaway
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 06:03:36 »
That is pretty damn cool.

Let me quickly make a fake account... brb ( :p)
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 06:07:11 »
What are you going to give away when you have given everything?

You sir are the man.

Bunny is a very selfless person, he isn't thinking of himself, ever!

I don't have a clack within 500 miles that's mine..... does that count? :P

Bunny thanks for your giveaways, it makes it that much more interesting to be here.

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 06:13:12 »
Wow, epic Bunny is epic! Thanks for putting this on for everyone!

Never had a clack myself, tried to get on from the 420 sale, but I mainly use a HHKB now so getting a Topre one (in a colour suitable) is even harder. The genorosity of people on GH never fails to astound me, all the giveaways, free stuff etc.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 06:13:54 »
Wow, epic Bunny is epic! Thanks for putting this on for everyone!

Never had a clack myself, tried to get on from the 420 sale, but I mainly use a HHKB now so getting a Topre one (in a colour suitable) is even harder. The genorosity of people on GH never fails to astound me, all the giveaways, free stuff etc.

i have options in both mx and topre flavors good sir

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 06:15:23 »
Winning a Topre CC would be epic! Thanks again Bunny, your cable is also in the mail, coiled cable sexyness

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 06:16:40 »
This man really has no limits in his generosity. Such an awesome give away, and even more so, the awesomest dood! I wish everyone good luck!

Bunny, you really are the man :)

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 06:20:19 »
I'm not really the biggest fan of novelty caps(unicorn vomit, no thanks), I do however feel that they have their place on the esc key and that some caps do look really nice there. I'd like to enter this giveaway(which is a real champ move, btw) because I think clacks, despite all the mess that often surrounds them, are fantastic pieces of work and I the effort and care put into making them is amazing. I'm a big fan of craftsmanship, so it would be nice to have a proper piece of work adorn the esc key of my daily driver.

And, in case it wasn't clear, I do not own a clack, or any other novelty keycap worth mentioning as most of the ones I want are a bit too pricey.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 06:20:47 »
Winning a Topre CC would be epic! Thanks again Bunny, your cable is also in the mail, coiled cable sexyness

awesome sir i cant wait, i have some sweet stuff im desperate to arrive and that is one of my most anticipated, i cant wait to see how they came out in person

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 06:25:07 »
Although I have one Clack, an MX toast, my dream is one day to own a Clack Factory skull keycap.

As my Toast is Hack Orange, a HO Skull would complement it perfectly.

So there :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 07:00:15 »
Never had a clack! Sadface.

My girlfriend [we live together] keeps track of our finances [lol accounting PhD...there is no escape] so I am only allowed to have one board at a time. Just convincing her to let me buy white imsto blanks was hard enough, so I don't think paying $50+ for a single keycap would be in my future.

Let me be honest with you though, I don't really have strong interest in a CC. My "dream" keycap is probably the black unicorn that redline is holding a GB for now. I can only hope enough people buy it to show up in the classifieds later on!

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 07:07:52 »
I have no job. I can't afford ****.
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 07:18:29 »
I first encountered BunnyLake when he put up his Secret Santa in April. I don't hang out in the Free Stuff thread so I hadn't really heard of Bunny previously. So we started talking and I had a lot of fun coming up with my giveaways.

Then Bunny is all like, I'm raising money to help the SP Cherry font fundraising effort. And he posts these awesome picture of his Rep Tiles and Sparkly caps with some fun Lego pieces. Halverson spies a shark and I think he jokingly asked for it....so I PMed Bunny to see if he could send to to the GirlShark. This happens and then GirlShark posts the most hilarious picture. He puts the Lego shark as his backspace on his 660C and tries to use it for an evening. Lego Shark backspace key....can we start a GB?? :P

That's probably my favorite story about BunnyLake; just trying to have fun and goof off while being super generous and community-oriented. And he makes one hell of a t-shirt...and Miami caps :P.

I don't qualify for this giveaway since I have Clacks, but I just wanted to share a story. Good luck to all the entrants and <3 BunnyLake
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 June 2013, 08:41:09 by CPTBadAss »

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 07:20:59 »
I don't have a clark and i most probably never will as the price is just insane compared to what i am getting as a salary in the third world country i am living in. Also i most probably don't deserve to have one as i have did close to nothing for this community but still i want to enter this generous giveaway :) Bunny you are an awesome guy, i am in dept to you big time and i hope that someday i will be able to return the favor for all the stuff you did to me.

So anyway i want to share some thoughts with you all. Some months ago i had not idea that this community exists but with the help of google i was able to find it while searching for material for a uni project, that i never finished anyway. Everyday since the day i created my account i am browsing the forums searching for interesting stuff and inspiration for what the ultimate keyboard will be for me. I can't say that i have met only good guys here, ofc there are some bad guys looking for profit and stuff, but i can for sure say that i have met some AWESOME guys in here. Like Bunny, like Photekq and many more that i wont mention because i will miss someone for sure, so excuse me for this. Thank you guys for all of the amazing memories that i will have for the rest of my life and please forgive me if i was rude to some1 or if i somehow managed to hurt somebodies feeling. Also Bunny please keep doing what you are doing for this community with all of the giveaways, different donations and group buys, geekhack needs you!
Good luck to everybody that i s going to enter this giveaway, be positive, smile and don't forget to express your love to the people that are important for you!

P.S. Sorry for this chaotic post but i just had to write some stuff down even if it is strange or w/e to you, thank you for reading it <3
What the hell am I even doing

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 07:36:49 »
Your post is fine AG and it's been fun seeing you around in the Secret Santa thread ^__^

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 07:39:40 »
Your post is fine AG and it's been fun seeing you around in the Secret Santa thread ^__^
Sorry for the spam there btw i was so damn excited for it that i couldn't resist posting there, requesting images of what ppl got, i hope i didn't bother you guys way too much with it  ;D

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 07:43:14 »
Sorry for the spam there btw i was so damn excited for it that i couldn't resist posting there, requesting images of what ppl got, i hope i didn't bother you guys way too much with it  ;D

you were one of the best parts sir

never apologize

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 07:43:39 »

No worries mate, if I ever get my main package I'll post pics for sure :D.

On topic, we need more BunnyLake stories or first Clack stories ^__^

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 07:46:11 »

No worries mate, if I ever get my main package I'll post pics for sure :D.

On topic, we need more BunnyLake stories or first Clack stories ^__^

i  just sent a pm about your main santa, it was a special request sorta thing so i dont know all the ins and outs, ill get back to you as soon as i get a reply

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 07:50:46 »
Sounds good! Didnt mean to derail  :-*

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 08:15:03 »
I don't post much, and I do not believe I have interacted with you.  Never owned a CC.  I have drooled over CC's for the past year and a half.  At first I just thought they were a gimmick, but then I had the pleasure of admiring the quality and craftsmanship of a CC at the first Chicagoland meetup.  I also HARASSED The_Beast about his BS CC at the second meetup, (and in PM afterwards :p )  I would really like to own one, and if I recieved it I would treasure it for life.
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 08:18:09 »
I don't post much, and I do not believe I have interacted with you.  Never owned a CC.  I have drooled over CC's for the past year and a half.  At first I just thought they were a gimmick, but then I had the pleasure of admiring the quality and craftsmanship of a CC at the first Chicagoland meetup.  I also HARASSED The_Beast about his BS CC at the second meetup, (and in PM afterwards :p )  I would really like to own one, and if I recieved it I would treasure it for life.
PM incoming.

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
  • Nibble or Nybble either way it sounds delicious!
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 08:33:12 »
I have never owned a Click Clack due to decisions My wife and I have made. First off, this is not about my wife not allowing me to spend money on a Click Clack, She actually wants to start making custom keys of here own with her mother who is a sculptor. What I want to express is the decisions we have made as a family to prepare for our future with the unknowable future the economy has with Social Security and all.

We got married at a younger age of 19 or Freshman in College. We wanted to start our family when we were younger and had my beautiful daughter when we were 22 years old. Our thought process was we want to be able to do as much as we can with our children for as long as we can and this meant forgoing the college years and possibly several after of partying and living paycheck to paycheck. It was demoralizing sometimes to see many of our friends living better than us or having nicer thing when all of the money I have made since graduating College immediately goes into a 401K or a savings plan for our daughter.

I do not regret our decision to sacrifice when we are younger to have more when we are older. My wife is going back to Pharmacy school this fall and has 4 years to do. After those four years I am sure there wont be an issue in purchasing a Click Clack or any keyboard I could desire but until these four years our up we are just making sure we set a future for my daughter and my family by sacrificing all the nice material things life has to offer.

What I would like to use a Click Clack for is to start the prototyping of custom keys (get an idea on the quality that is needed to be respectable within this community). So ultimately I want to give back to this community even if it is a small fraction of what other's here can do currently.

Thank you,

Curro123083 a.k.a. ITzNybble  (can I get a name change? :)   )
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue
Custom Miami QFR - MX Green
Handwired Redox-Manuform - Box Pink/Box Navy
KBD67 MKII PolyCarbonate - Gateron CJ

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 08:36:54 »
I have never owned a Click Clack due to decisions My wife and I have made. First off, this is not about my wife not allowing me to spend money on a Click Clack, She actually wants to start making custom keys of here own with her mother who is a sculptor. What I want to express is the decisions we have made as a family to prepare for our future with the unknowable future the economy has with Social Security and all.

We got married at a younger age of 19 or Freshman in College. We wanted to start our family when we were younger and had my beautiful daughter when we were 22 years old. Our thought process was we want to be able to do as much as we can with our children for as long as we can and this meant forgoing the college years and possibly several after of partying and living paycheck to paycheck. It was demoralizing sometimes to see many of our friends living better than us or having nicer thing when all of the money I have made since graduating College immediately goes into a 401K or a savings plan for our daughter.

I do not regret our decision to sacrifice when we are younger to have more when we are older. My wife is going back to Pharmacy school this fall and has 4 years to do. After those four years I am sure there wont be an issue in purchasing a Click Clack or any keyboard I could desire but until these four years our up we are just making sure we set a future for my daughter and my family by sacrificing all the nice material things life has to offer.

What I would like to use a Click Clack for is to start the prototyping of custom keys (get an idea on the quality that is needed to be respectable within this community). So ultimately I want to give back to this community even if it is a small fraction of what other's here can do currently.

Thank you,

Curro123083 a.k.a. ITzNybble  (can I get a name change? :)   )

you sir will get a click clack, i will send yours out at the same time i sent the winner of this thread out

so there will be 2 given away now, however, dont get anymore ideas guys, i wont be doing this again, this is the one and only extra ill send, but if i didnt send this one as an extra, it would be unfair for me to continue taking submissions knowing i would be sending this one out

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 08:39:00 »
Bunny you are easily the most generous, selfless and community oriented person I've ever met over the internet. The auction you did to help foxer, the organisation of the secret santa giveaway and all the stuff you give away randomly is just awesome. You were also cool enough to not only send me another miami but another bonus cap aswell when it got lost in the mail which I cannot thank you enough for.

Usually I wouldn't take part in this since I don't like taking free stuff but I have wanted a clack skull since the first time I saw one and wouldn't ever pass up on an opportunity to get one. Just like vun, I don't usually like novelty caps but clacks have always appealed to me. If I were to get one I would cherish it forever and it would be forever bound to a life on my esc key. It wouldn't ever sit on any mx switch except for my own.

Regardless of whether I win or not thank you for doing this giveaway bunny. You really are the man.

Also, AG you're awesome  ;D
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 08:39:32 »
you sir will get a click clack, i will send yours out at the same time i sent the winner of this thread out

so there will be 2 given away now, however, dont get anymore ideas guys, i wont be doing this again, this is the one and only extra ill send, but if i didnt send this one as an extra, it would be unfair for me to continue taking submissions knowing i would be sending this one out
I bow before you man, you are the best really! :eek:

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 08:40:48 »
The amount of love in this thread makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. It reminds me why I keep coming back to GH despite the drama and bickering that goes on.

Offline naokira

• The King in the North
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 08:42:58 »
I don't have a clack because I don't know where it is sold/made! LOL!
FaceW in LZ-CE

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 08:49:26 »
PM incoming.

Due to SmallFry's generocity, I will shortly be aquiring my first CC!
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 08:50:08 »
I first encounted Bunny in the free stuff thread. You might not have known this, but I've had this obsessive desire to read EVERY new post made here. So even if it didn't seem like I was around, I was usually always watching. And Bunny just never stopped giving. Now, of course I have Clarks, so this is not an entry. I just can't let my partner in free crime go down alone. Thus, I would also like to offer up a MX Click Clark to also be given, at Mr. Lake's discretion.

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
  • Nibble or Nybble either way it sounds delicious!
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 08:51:46 »

All I can say is thank you..I have been trying to find a hobby for my wife and I to do together and making keycaps interested her and has always interested me I cannot wait to see the quality and try my best to match it. :) Thank you so much Bunny!

WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue
Custom Miami QFR - MX Green
Handwired Redox-Manuform - Box Pink/Box Navy
KBD67 MKII PolyCarbonate - Gateron CJ

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 08:52:48 »
I first encounted Bunny in the free stuff thread. You might not have known this, but I've had this obsessive desire to read EVERY new post made here. So even if it didn't seem like I was around, I was usually always watching. And Bunny just never stopped giving. Now, of course I have Clarks, so this is not an entry. I just can't let my partner in free crime go down alone. Thus, I would also like to offer up a MX Click Clark to also be given, at Mr. Lake's discretion.

MY MOOOOOSE GIVING FRIEND

oh how i have missed you already

thank you so much for taking part in this thread and allowing me to make it even better, there will now be a total of 3 given away, 1 will go to curro, 2 are still up for grabs and my discretion

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 08:53:50 »
I have that same obsession for some reason.

The thread started 3 hours ago with 1 clack up for grabs. Now 4 are being given away. Jesus. So much generosity.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 08:54:54 »
Too much goodness going on up in here!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 08:56:07 »

All I can say is thank you..I have been trying to find a hobby for my wife and I to do together and making keycaps interested her and has always interested me I cannot wait to see the quality and try my best to match it. :) Thank you so much Bunny!

it is my pleasure sir, it sounds like you have a wonderful life, a great outlook and bright future, you are a nice and humble guy and i cant think of anyone more deserving, you have a family that is lucky to have you, and im sure you are lucky to have them

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 08:56:44 »
PM incoming.

Due to SmallFry's generocity, I will shortly be aquiring my first CC!
That's why i love Bunny so much, so much generosity brings only just more generosity. Congrats man i hope you will enjoy your Clack and i hope that there will be even more generous things in this forums in the future from different ppl (including me if i succeed with the project i have in mind :D)!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 09:30:57 »
That's why i love Bunny so much, so much generosity brings only just more generosity. Congrats man i hope you will enjoy your Clack and i hope that there will be even more generous things in this forums in the future from different ppl (including me if i succeed with the project i have in mind :D)!

There's a lot of other really generous people here as well. I think they're just not as crazy as Bunny. He can't seem to keep anything in his collection! :P

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 09:32:30 »

There's a lot of other really generous people here as well. I think they're just not as crazy as Bunny. He can't seem to keep anything in his collection! :P

i have plnety hidden away dont you worry about it

although i get my new camera arriving tomorrow so a few hidden secrets might get shown

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 09:38:07 »
also as an update

moose is sending me the donated click clack, to then send to the winner

so i will end this thread the day it arrives, and pick the winners that day

Offline blueasjim

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 10:11:17 »
I have missed (nearly) every sale by mere minutes. Wasn't around when Clacks first came out. So i've missed....2 sales. o.O
I think my A.D.D. is too stronk, so I haven't a clack yet. One day I'll be on time and thanks for all you do for everyone here. :D
Vortex KBT PURE [MX Red] | CM Storm [MX Blue] | CM Storm [MX Red]

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 10:18:44 »
Hi, I don't own a cc yet I find them very nice. I tried to get one on the green sale, but it seems my timing was not top notch!

Do I like cc's work? Hell yea! Do I need a cc in my life? Well, I am not a collector so I fond the price hard to justify for my budget even if I consider that the work/skill required for making them justify their price.

Am I the most deserving of these? Well probably not since many people on GH contribute way more than I can. But who knows, maybe those people that would really deserve it already have one or don't really want one.

So I would be very happy to win it, but if not I won't cry and if someone more deserving that I do wins it then all for the better!

Good luck to all and 2 thumbs up to Bunnylake and every members that make GH such an awesome forum!
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 11:03:05 »
jsut to make it clear guys, this isnt about who does the most on geekhack, i wont make my decision that way, it is about who i thin is most deserving of the clack based entirely upon there post to enter the giveaway

Offline ping111

« Reply #43 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 11:09:04 »
I'm an absolute keyboard nut - I look at new keyboards every day, and it's the highlight of my day to come home from school, typing on crappy Apple keyboards, and getting that first clack.  How wonderful would it be to have a click in there too?  I've always looked up to you and the other GH elite for your skill, generosity, and of course, possessions.  I'd love if you could call on those latter two for someone.  That someone being me.

Cheers!
In My Possession:
Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 Mechanical Keyboard - Cherry MX Brown - Blue LED Backlighting
Wanted:
KBTalking PURE - Tenkeyless - Cherry MX Brown - Green LED Backlighting

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 11:24:59 »
This thread is why I am really liking this community.  I don't personally own a CC, but am not here for one either.  I will get one someday via one of the sales (same with BB), I just wanted to show my appreciation to Bunny and the others that have so generously contributed to this community to help people that love the same thing enjoy it even more. 

« Last Edit: Fri, 07 June 2013, 17:49:09 by Badwrench »
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 13:09:14 »
oh no, tha timage is dead for me, more entries guys or does everyone have a clack a already

Offline Sai

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 13:14:33 »
well, i started seeing you in the free stuffs thread like moose mentioned. i saw you gave away so many games, sold great games at really good prices.
i was just so surprised at you. I was thinking either you're insane or you're really a good guy.
After seeing what you're doing for this community, I can definitely you're really a good guy.  ;D

And this is my entry to your giveaway. If i win, this will be my 1st ever clack and i am hoping to win it.  :)
Thank you so much for doing this giveaway.
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 13:23:51 »
Hi Bunny. I've never even had the chance to buy a Clack, since joining the keyboard clan just a month ago. But i can tell you how addicted I've become since then. I first traded an i3 processor for some cash and a CM storm QF Pro. Then I sold that because of the key incompatibility and I bought a Leopold FC200 which was nice.. but I wanted more lol so I bought an HPE 104. Then I got sick of the Leopold and I am now selling that off. Also I wanted to see what the big deal about 60% boards so I went ahead and ordered a Poker 2. I love this community so far, and would love to have a clack! Just wanted to keep it short n sweet. Thanks for doing this!
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 June 2013, 13:32:16 by kenmai9 »

Offline Lbeuol

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 13:30:22 »
  I'm relatively new to treating this as a hobby but I bought a Filco Brown about 2 years ago and was blown away with how amazing it felt typing and the quality of the thing just blew me away compared to the Logitech stuff I had before. Before I'd have to replace my keyboard every 2 or 3 years, I just recently sold my Filco Brown and it looked as new a the day I bought it and worked just as well.  I remember finding this site when I was explaining to a friend why I spent so much money on a keyboard of all things and how there were different switches. Funny enough they ended up buying a mechanical keyboard too.

What brought me back here was WDF's numerous youtube video about soldering and keyboards when I ordered an ergo-dox from mass drop. I was going to give it to my brother as a gift because he's been having a lot of wrist problems and his work involved typing everyday. But first I need to look for a soldering guide so I could figure out how the hell I was going to put this thing together. Too bad by the time it came he no longer needed it since he bought one of those ergonomic things himself.

After lurking for a bit I found that I really like this community. I've sent so many private messages to complete strangers asking and learning new things about all the small details about something most people never really think about. The majority of people have taken a lot of their time to teach me and answer my 11 billion questions and I'm very thankful for that. One of the first things I saw and remember pretty deeply was the Glissant auction helping him get home because of his family issues. I was really amazed at the amount of people donating and helping him out. Really never seen such a thing happen in another community much less a community forum.

Anyway! enough of my wall of text that has nothing to do with click clacks. It was a little before I figured out what they were called and was wondering what the hell people were talking about in the beginning. I didn't really know what all the hype was about but it was one of the most memorable thing from this forum. I've never bought a click clack since I'm still pretty much at the beginning of this hobby and still trying to figure out what switches/keyboard style I like and I'm honestly not ready to pay what is essential the cost of a keyboard for one key yet. Well that and they seem to always be trade only and the ones that are being sold disappear so fast. This might sound stupid but I was so excited about getting those novelty keys from techkeys and oh god getting the DSA Retro just made my day. I'd love to know what all the hype about click clacks is about and why they are so highly regarded in the community. It'd also be amazing to own something so iconic to my hobby, well at least I can look at all the pictures. I'm just afraid it might put me down a path that will make my wallet cry! (well even more)

I really don't expect to be picked for this since my reasons are pretty terrible hahah, but I feel that I want to be more involved in this community and it was something I wanted to tell. (This is the start of my spamming the forums!). Hopefully I can eventually even contribute something back to this community!

Thanks for the people that messaged me because of this post I really appreciate it!
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 June 2013, 17:46:30 by Lbeuol »

Offline Rayne

• For Science!
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 14:37:36 »
You are such an awesome person bunny!
I would love to have a clack, but I feel you have already done so many awesome things for me and this community. I wouldn't feel right winning a clack from you without paying for it.

wow, you are pretty awesome yourself Mr. esoomenona
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 June 2013, 17:48:07 by Rayne »