Author Topic: Geekhack mouse pad, benchpad  (Read 1822 times)

Offline Moomoo

Geekhack mouse pad, benchpad
« on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 06:17:56 »
GHackers and GHackette,

I've been thinking about this and trying to get involved in the community a little more. Unfortunately being all the way down under where kangaroos hop and toilets drain the other way, I had a revelation. I've enquired around and I could possibly manage to get a prototype out within a month. I was thinking microfiber or silicon. Anyway it was just a thought, let me know what you guys think.

Offline OldDataHands

Re: Geekhack mouse pad, benchpad
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 09:39:20 »
I need a new mousepad... Not sure what a benchpad would be. Link?

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 09:54:54 »
talk to krog. he can get a prototype out within days if you can find the substrate for him.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline agodinhost

• Soylent green is people ...
    • Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 10:47:22 »
Awesome idea Kangaroo Friend!
And the design? How many colors? I think it would make difference at the final price too, not sure - never did it anyway.
+1
Building one square I2C keyboard with those 1200 switches (thanks JDCarpe)
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 11:02:18 »
krog can dyesub in full color bros

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline Moomoo

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 17:36:13 »
The design is still very vague I drew a bunch of stuff during class but nothing decent at the moment. Bench pad are extended mats where you can set up your keyboard and have your mouse on the same surface I think 65x40 was thinking something bigger then anything you can purchase at the moment.

In terms of colour I wanted to keep it simple; black with either orange, white or blue. Something easy on the eyes you know.

For pricing I think I was quoted 11 dollars per, however its a minimum 200 and no design.

I'll speak to krog; if I can get a design and submit it get a real quote I can possibly open an interest check the only problem is shipping from down under. I am not sure if it will be cheaper to get it manufactured here compared to America but I think shipping from Australia is a tad cheaper but takes 2 times the time to get to destination.

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 17:52:28 »
I think QPAD can do custom orders if there is enough interest.