Author Topic: Acrylic Tenkeyless Keyboard Casing for Phantom, Filco & QFR etc.  (Read 97560 times)

Offline Rayne

• For Science!
Re: Acrylic Tenkeyless Keyboard Casing for Phantom, Filco & QFR etc.
« Reply #350 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 01:05:06 »
every time iv tried to use the tracking number takaki gave me i get this message: "We are experiencing a high volume of queries at the moment. Please try again later. We apologise for any inconvenience caused" :/ been doing this for over a week now.

Offline Sai

« Reply #351 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 01:11:10 »
every time iv tried to use the tracking number takaki gave me i get this message: "We are experiencing a high volume of queries at the moment. Please try again later. We apologise for any inconvenience caused" :/ been doing this for over a week now.

did you try a few times ? for me, i just keep trying until it shows up. normally, after 2 or 3 times, you should not be seeing that message anymore.
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline Rayne

• For Science!
« Reply #352 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 01:12:53 »

did you try a few times ? for me, i just keep trying until it shows up. normally, after 2 or 3 times, you should not be seeing that message anymore.
ok i will try it a bunch of time in a row, see what happens

edit: it worked! thanks! said it was dispatched to the US on 30-10-2013
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 November 2013, 01:14:29 by Rayne »

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #353 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 06:05:57 »
For those doubting OP: He's been kinda uncommunicative historically. Just wait longer than you think you need to.

Sorry state of Geekhack these days...

How so?
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline Sai

« Reply #354 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 06:24:11 »

ok i will try it a bunch of time in a row, see what happens

edit: it worked! thanks! said it was dispatched to the US on 30-10-2013

then you should be able to track in usps in 1 o 2 days.  :thumb:
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline Rayne

• For Science!
« Reply #355 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 16:31:55 »
so i got my case today...  not very happy with it. I have no clue how its supposed to go together, there are no threads or nuts for the bolts to hold the case together. also no threads/nuts to hold the standoffs in place. I feel like i just have a bunch of acrylic i cant do anything with. I thought about just using super glue or something, but then i wouldn't ever be able to take it apart.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #356 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 16:45:49 »
so i got my case today...  not very happy with it. I have no clue how its supposed to go together, there are no threads or nuts for the bolts to hold the case together. also no threads/nuts to hold the standoffs in place. I feel like i just have a bunch of acrylic i cant do anything with. I thought about just using super glue or something, but then i wouldn't ever be able to take it apart.

Wasn't his initial problem that his tap broke? Perhaps he just decided to ship them out as they were.

Offline Rayne

• For Science!
« Reply #357 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 16:52:37 »

Wasn't his initial problem that his tap broke? Perhaps he just decided to ship them out as they were.
if thats the case its a pretty ****ty thing to do imo. especially without letting any of us know...

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #358 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 17:04:33 »
If you post pictures of what you have, I may be able to suggest solutions.

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #359 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 17:42:33 »
I am out of town but I got the notice that my package is waiting at post office. I hope I can pick it up Saturday. I will report.
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline gizzard

« Reply #360 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 19:45:04 »
mine is waiting at the post office as well.  Will report back soon

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #361 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 22:27:36 »
mine is waiting at the post office as well.  Will report back soon

Interesting. I hope I see some pictures.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #362 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 02:26:06 »

Oh wow, I feel very sorry for you guys :( Hopefully this can be fixed with some modding?!

I was about to drop a big order for 7 different colors before things got kinda shady and everything stalled. I am really glad I decided to not participate in this one...

Offline Rayne

• For Science!
« Reply #363 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 18:11:45 »
so, now that i have had time to cool off after being upset the day i got the case i decided to try and see what i can do. I just glued the standoffs in place and that worked ok. the bolts to hold the case together still don't work very well. some of the holes on the bottom layer are a little smaller than the bolts so i was able to just thread the bolt through, but that didn't work for all of them. Also the way the internals are positioned with the stand offs some of the keys on the number and esc row rub on the case and some of them even get stuck down after i push them.

so basically im EXTREMELY disappointed with this case, I think i may just cut my loses and find something else to use for my phantom.

if anyone has any ideas for a winkeyless phantom case, shoot me a pm, thanks :)

Offline gizzard

« Reply #364 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 23:02:54 »
Got mine today.  well, Rayne is correct - no instructions or nuts for the bolts.  also, i dont think the included bolts are the right lengths...
Overall, seems like an unfinished product... but the fundamentals are there (cut, sized acrylic plates).

With some time, ill prob be able to put something together that doesnt suck... but will prob be a few weeks until i get the chance.  will report back when i do.

My rating of this gb (10 being awesome, 5 being so so, 1 being crap):
Communication:  3
Price: 4
Product: 4

Good news is that hes not a scammer - he delivered a product.

Offline telepete

• Jedi Knight and friend of Captain Solo.
« Reply #365 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 09:02:58 »
Unfortunately, he seems to have scammed me. Took my money and I never heard from him again. Arguably, he is a scammer.
Don't you wish Carnifex was at your side?

Offline marq

« Reply #366 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 10:02:07 »
Glad that some of you received your cases although i don't think thats what was promised at the start. I am in the same boat as telepete however.. Took my money and nothing.

Offline affect656

« Reply #367 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 22:22:38 »
I still haven't received anything from this
I like linear.

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
« Reply #368 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 00:48:07 »
I still haven't received anything from this

Your picture seems to describe the best reaction to this post.

Offline nebo

« Reply #369 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 13:24:05 »
Just wondering WTF is going on with this. Bumping thread so it isn't forgotten.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #370 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 13:25:59 »
OP hasn't logged on in over a month :(

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #371 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 13:39:14 »
between this and TheProf I'm scammed out of almost 4 bills, I mean that is a crazy amount of money whenever i think about it, that's like 3 cell phone bills or power bills. I don't know if i should blame myself or feel like a victim of this phantom disaster. And now that i am no longer financially stable, the thought of losing that much money just makes me red.

I'm becoming reluctant to do business with those I've never done business with before, i never knew anything about takaki at all before this group buy.

There are other group buys i am in that I think if i get scammed again here i may have to never sign up for group guys ever again regardless of who is running them.

I'm hoping that because i signed up later for this case that maybe, just maybe, ill end up with a working case from this guy, im just really hoping, I have a phantom PCB and Plate ready for it.

Please takaki come back to us and resolve this. redeem yourself.

Offline blighty

« Reply #372 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 13:55:07 »
I'm still waiting to see pictures of what was actually sent out.  I don't think he prototyped the cases prior to getting them built, and probably ran out of funds to have the problems fixed.  So instead of coming back to the community/thread/email to say that he needed more cash to fix things, he got scared and rabbited.  Do we have any idea how many people ordered from him?  I'm curious how much cash went down the rabbit-hole with him...   :thumb:
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline BimboBB

« Reply #373 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 03:52:19 »
I hope it wasnt too many. But I also dont think that he made himself a nice living from that money. He just failed in what he tried to do and gave up/run away.  :thumb:

Offline balanar

« Reply #374 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 19:39:29 »
I came across this so I did a little search on the local forums and found Takaki's number. Dropped him a message saying I'd be willing to take over the GB and get the items out to you guys if there was complete transparency about the state of things (financial matters, prototyping & production status etc..). I'll let you guys know how it goes.This is of course if the participants in the GB are ok with me taking over. Figured its well past time I did something good for GH.

Edit: Takaki replied saying he has completed the production but the items have to be consolidated and that he was previously busy with 2 jobs + school.
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 December 2013, 20:15:49 by balanar »

Offline NikoGasm

• Platinum mad.
    • Twitch
« Reply #375 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 02:59:54 »
Takaki replied saying he has completed the production but the items have to be consolidated and that he was previously busy with 2 jobs + school.

That's a reasonable reason to be so behind on getting things out, but I wish he had just taken two minutes to come on and say something to us. Would've tamed the thread and gave us all some peace of mind.
| MX Mini | Ducky DK1087 | A87 |

Offline blighty

« Reply #376 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 15:24:43 »
I came across this so I did a little search on the local forums and found Takaki's number. Dropped him a message saying I'd be willing to take over the GB and get the items out to you guys if there was complete transparency about the state of things (financial matters, prototyping & production status etc..). I'll let you guys know how it goes.This is of course if the participants in the GB are ok with me taking over. Figured its well past time I did something good for GH.

Edit: Takaki replied saying he has completed the production but the items have to be consolidated and that he was previously busy with 2 jobs + school.

I'd rather hear/read the real status of things from takaki than you, balanar.  Besides, aren't there threads dedicated to you not being reliable on buys/sales on multiple forums?  It's a nice thought though.  Still waiting for pics of what was supposedly shipped out...
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline balanar

« Reply #377 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 19:41:32 »
I'd rather hear/read the real status of things from takaki than you, balanar.  Besides, aren't there threads dedicated to you not being reliable on buys/sales on multiple forums?  It's a nice thought though.  Still waiting for pics of what was supposedly shipped out...

Fair enough, was just trying to help. Can't show I can be better without an opportunity to be better and since this was local and I have worked with the guys takaki is currently working with now, figured I could help. Good luck with the GB guys.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 December 2013, 19:44:00 by balanar »

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #378 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 21:16:57 »

You wont be getting those pics....and you wont be getting your item unless someone like balanar picks it up. I can tell you that much.
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #379 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 21:19:24 »
Balanar, perhaps a good step would be getting as much information as possible about the current state of things instead of just taking over.  Might be Takaki would like a middleman to convey some information or ask for assistance.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline balanar

« Reply #380 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 21:23:06 »
Balanar, perhaps a good step would be getting as much information as possible about the current state of things instead of just taking over.  Might be Takaki would like a middleman to convey some information or ask for assistance.

Thanks for the idea Photo but I did message him informing him about the state of things and didn't receive a reply beyond the first one which I posted above. Might be that he is still busy with stuff during this holiday season, I don't know.

I offered to step in because I've worked with the company before and they are pretty darn efficient so I was comfortable with that option.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 December 2013, 21:25:26 by balanar »

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #381 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 10:15:20 »
Yikes, this is why I am careful about new sellers. :[
c h e r

Offline jabar

« Reply #382 on: Sat, 18 January 2014, 05:08:33 »
le bump

what's up with this?
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline lilky

« Reply #383 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 23:13:48 »
I'm sorry but your pricing is very unclear. What does a full case cost?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #384 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 23:16:22 »
I'm sorry but your pricing is very unclear. What does a full case cost?

Considering that OP has disappeared and people have been waiting for months for a supposedly finished product to ship, I'd look elsewhere for a case.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #385 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 09:31:15 »
yeah when i read that he sent out incomplete cases and then stopped logging into geekhack altogether (got to remember that he was quiet for months but was still logging into geekhack) i pretty marked this down as a scam, i have this small bit of hope but its fading like the phantom parts group buy (i ping prof weekly with no response). That makes it about $350 total i lost due to the phantom group buy.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #386 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 09:34:07 »
yeah when i read that he sent out incomplete cases and then stopped logging into geekhack altogether (got to remember that he was quiet for months but was still logging into geekhack) i pretty marked this down as a scam, i have this small bit of hope but its fading like the phantom parts group buy (i ping prof weekly with no response). That makes it about $350 total i lost due to the phantom group buy.

This all really sucks.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 January 2014, 09:36:33 by SpAmRaY »

Offline pasph

« Reply #387 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 09:38:38 »

This all really sucks.

not so fast edit grrrrr
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #388 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 09:40:24 »

This all really sucks.

not so fast edit grrrrr

feel free to pm me ;)

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #389 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 10:54:52 »
I have been meaning to post again here but I keep forgetting. I did receive a case. I am not happy with it, but I think I can make it work. I am in the process of making some modifications to it so that it will be usable. For one thing, I ordered all clear parts, but the feet I got were matte clear. That's not a huge deal for me, and I may get a replacement piece cut later. As for design and construction, I had four problems with it:

1. the holes for the standoffs were not located correctly for my phantom. Also, I think the standoffs were not quite long enough, but they would have worked if not for the holes not lining up correctly.

2. the hole in the back of the case for the USB cable to go through is, in my opinion, located in the wrong acrylic layer. When you put it all together, the cable is pinched.

3. There is nothing really for the case screws to bite into when you screw them in. The "threaded" holes in the bottom acrylic layers were not doing it for me. I have a solution using blind rivet nuts. I got the idea from one of MOZ's designs. This required drilling out some of the holes though, and I broke some of the spacer pieces for the feet learning how drill out these out. Oops.

4. Some of the keys rub on the openings in the face frame.

I am currently working on a fix for each of these. Right now, I am waiting on some standoffs I ordered that are female on both ends. I will post details of what I did when I am finished and get a chance to get around to it.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #390 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 11:21:16 »
the fact you have to do all that to make it work is kind of sad, not to say you cant do it and it may come out ok

my thoughts are that he just sent out whatever he did manage to produce, even if they were unfinished or contained design flaws. then completely removed himself from the community (this community at least) and took our money with him. I dont think this started as a scam, neither did Prof's group buy, both seemed very promising. but sometimes i guess the organizer sees that there are problems with the group buy, already spends the money and feels the only way to make this go away without digging into their own pocket is to just disappear and hope we forget. i will never forget.

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #391 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 11:54:21 »
the fact you have to do all that to make it work is kind of sad, not to say you cant do it and it may come out ok

Agreed. For what this cost, it should not require modification. In my case, it may turn out ok, but for a few bucks more I could have just bought a damn vortex aluminum case... When am I going to learn? Buy once, cry once.

Offline nebo

« Reply #392 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 12:17:32 »
I've accepted I will never get this case. I got all my parts and had to get stabs (had to get costar, not cherry, oh well) from elsewhere (thanks to a few people for help with that/WASD keyboards for quick shipping). So all in all i lost out on this and the assembly I paid for. All in all I think I lost ~$160 in the phantom mess.

The funny part is I paid for assembly because I wasn't going to have any free time at all to do it when this started, now I do. So lose-win I guess.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #393 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 15:35:06 »
but sometimes i guess the organizer sees that there are problems with the group buy, already spends the money and feels the only way to make this go away without digging into their own pocket is to just disappear and hope we forget. i will never forget.

But running away is not the solution, and in the end it is a scam, I can understand having problems in a GB (I've had my fair share with mine), and that the organiser might have used up the "GB money", but it doesn't mean you run away, maybe take some time, but you must put out the money and effort and get it over with.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #394 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 01:42:12 »
but sometimes i guess the organizer sees that there are problems with the group buy, already spends the money and feels the only way to make this go away without digging into their own pocket is to just disappear and hope we forget. i will never forget.

But running away is not the solution, and in the end it is a scam, I can understand having problems in a GB (I've had my fair share with mine), and that the organiser might have used up the "GB money", but it doesn't mean you run away, maybe take some time, but you must put out the money and effort and get it over with.

Moz

I'm older than the average geekhacker, so let me add something to this.

The winners in life are not those who cut and run when something goes wrong, but those who face down their problems and find ways to work them out.

Running away just because a group buy went wrong is not just morally wrong; it's a bad habit that does nothing towards improving your character.

Takaki could have stood his ground and apologized and either asked for extra money to meet cost overruns, or refunded whatever money he could.

Even if most of the group buy money had been spent, a $50 refund and public apology on something that cost $350 is a proper sign of accountability. You're doing the right thing.

Running away just turns a mistake into a fraud, and a well-meaning (if inexperienced group buy organizer) into a criminal.

Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #395 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 04:12:59 »
I'm so sad, I really wanted one of these cases ;_;

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #396 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 10:38:40 »
Another geekstarter project gone wrong.  Backers lost out again.  I kinda expected this outcome since I know how hard it is to start and complete an acrylic case group buy successfully.  That is why I don't do it any more. 

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #397 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 11:16:03 »
Another geekstarter project gone wrong.  Backers lost out again.  I kinda expected this outcome since I know how hard it is to start and complete an acrylic case group buy successfully.  That is why I don't do it any more. 

Agreed. This scares me in doing a proper GB for acrylic cases.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #398 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 12:48:20 »

Don't be scared! I totally count on you to fill the gap in my TKL case life  :thumb:

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #399 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 18:11:48 »

Don't be scared! I totally count on you to fill the gap in my TKL case life  :thumb:

Same here MOZ! :thumb:

You've shown a great deal of transparency in your other projects.  Besides, your TKL case is open source, right?  Those that have doubts (or access to a cutter) can just have the case cut themselves.